Do you think Anders Breivik should have his PS2 replaced with a PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for iampenguin
Posted by iampenguin (396 posts) 3 years, 11 months ago

Poll: Do you think Anders Breivik should have his PS2 replaced with a PS3 (42 votes)

Yes 29%
No 62%
Yes and No 10%
Avatar image for stuff238
#2 Posted by stuff238 (2372 posts) -

Where's the "Prisoners should not be playing video games in prison" option?

Avatar image for Shottayouth13-
#3 Posted by Shottayouth13- (7014 posts) -

I think he should be beaten to death with the PS2.

Avatar image for MrGeezer
#4 Posted by MrGeezer (59152 posts) -

Look, there are two ways of looking at this:

1) He's a mass murdering piece of shit, and doesn't even deserve to live, let alone have a PS3.

2) He's only serving 21 years (unless I'm mistaken), which means that in all likelihood he WILL one day be released. If that's the case, then the goal should be on rehabilitation.

Having said that, I don't see how proper rehabilitation requires access to a fucking PS3. So it's totally possible to tell this guy to go f*** himself when it comes to this request, while STILL actually placing a priority on rehabilitating him in preparation for his eventual release.

Bottom line: No, he shouldn't f***ing get a PS3. I wouldn't even be opposed to giving him a PS3 if it weren't for the fact that he's acting like he's ENTITLED to one. That would just be SUPPORTING and reinforcing his sense of entitlement, which would be a very bad thing on the day that he's eventually released. I realize that he's threatening to starve himself if he doesn't get one, and that's probably illegal to allow a prisoner to commit suicide in such a manner, but there has to be another option other than "cave into their demands." If that weren't the case, then prisoners could just demand to be released under threat of hunger strike.

My suggestion? Tell him to **** off, then wait for him to cave. If he actually follows through with his hunger strike long enough to be in serious risk of starving, then restrain his ass, sedate him, and deliver the nutrients intravenously until he decides to cooperate.

Avatar image for DJ-Lafleur
#5 Edited by DJ-Lafleur (35544 posts) -

He should be given a PS3, but only be allowed to play JRPGs on it.

I couldn't see that ending well in a prison environment.

Avatar image for Bikouchu35
#6 Posted by Bikouchu35 (8200 posts) -

Sure, he would blend in with gta online crowd.

Avatar image for indzman
#7 Posted by indzman (27735 posts) -

@Shottayouth13- said:

I think he should be beaten to death with the PS2.

Avatar image for Stesilaus
#8 Posted by Stesilaus (4999 posts) -

Take away his PS2 and give him an Xbox One.

He should be made to suffer for what he did.

Avatar image for CountBleck12
#9 Posted by CountBleck12 (4740 posts) -

@DJ-Lafleur said:

He should be given a PS3, but only be allowed to play JRPGs on it.

I couldn't see that ending well in a prison environment.

Ah I can see it now.

"HAHAHA look at this loser! He's playing those gay anime kiddy games, let's beat the shit out of this pathetic wimp!" *they proceed to beating him up and then shove the JRPGs where the sun don't shine*

Avatar image for 35cent
#10 Posted by 35cent (934 posts) -

If it's used to break his kneecaps for requesting such a thing after what he did, then give a ps3.

Avatar image for betamaxx83
#11 Posted by betamaxx83 (360 posts) -

No. They should take it away.

Avatar image for korvus
#12 Edited by korvus (10713 posts) -

It's like I said yesterday, take away the PS2, give him a piece of chalk so he can mark the days on his wall; seems a lot more productive.

And I'm with MrGeezer here, no rehabilitation (if that's even part of the reason he has a PS2) requires video games...

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#13 Posted by LJS9502_basic (162184 posts) -

No. Shouldn't even have a PS2.

Avatar image for GazaAli
#14 Edited by GazaAli (25216 posts) -

I think it really depends on how you look at the whole thing and how you perceive the guy himself. At first we all feel inclined to perceive him as a worthless piece of shit that should not be alive in the first place, the kind of a piece of shit that does not deserve a PS2 let alone a PS3.

On second thought, the guy is clearly a demented **** for killing all these poor teenagers and inflicting so much emotional damage and suffering to their families and loved ones while being under the impression that he's on some kind of a holy and noble crusade. To the public and the general level of intelligence and morality, and for all intends and purposes he's an inferior human being and as a result we may be inclined not to concern ourselves whether he suffers and pays for his crime or not. Consequently I wouldn't see a problem with giving him what he wants as long as its within reasonable limits, and as long as it contributes to his complete marginalization and isolation from human society. Its like feeding a bear in incarceration after having killed some forest ranger because the animal did not know any better. I'm not sure if I'm getting my point through here...

This is one of those instances where the death penalty is unquestionably utilitarian and practical, far more superiorly than any other form of penal punishment.

Avatar image for toast_burner
#15 Edited by toast_burner (24737 posts) -

@MrGeezer said:

2) He's only serving 21 years (unless I'm mistaken), which means that in all likelihood he WILL one day be released. If that's the case, then the goal should be on rehabilitation.

You are mistaken. In 21 years he will go before a judge and if he's deemed safe he could be released. So chances are he will never be released.

Avatar image for MrGeezer
#16 Edited by MrGeezer (59152 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

@MrGeezer said:

2) He's only serving 21 years (unless I'm mistaken), which means that in all likelihood he WILL one day be released. If that's the case, then the goal should be on rehabilitation.

You are mistaken. In 21 years he will go before a judge and if he's deemed safe he could be released. So chances are he will never be released.

Oh, okay.

Still, no reason for him to need a PS3.The fact that he's probably never going to be released just strengthens the argument for saying "f*** him and his requests".

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#17 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (12684 posts) -

@Stesilaus said:

Take away his PS2 and give him an Xbox One.

He should be made to suffer for what he did.

That's just cruel and inhumane.

Avatar image for dave123321
#18 Posted by dave123321 (35333 posts) -

Ps2 is pretty good. If anything give him a ps4

Avatar image for Jd1680a
#19 Edited by Jd1680a (5958 posts) -

Its like asking for HDTV, while 50 channels come in standard. Anders shouldn't have gone on killing 77 people, he might have bought a playstation 4 out in the free world.

Avatar image for codeman101360
#20 Edited by codeman101360 (25 posts) -

They should take away his PS2 then shove an Xbone up his ass.

Avatar image for Makhaidos
#21 Posted by Makhaidos (2162 posts) -

Stimulation keeps prisoners from rioting and killing eachother (or themselves, or guards). That said, he doesn't need up-to-date equipment to be stimulated. So I voted yes-and-no.

Avatar image for Nibroc420
#22 Posted by Nibroc420 (13571 posts) -
@dave123321 said:

Ps2 is pretty good. If anything give him a ps4

Ps4's dont have any good games yet.

Give him a PS3, they can save money by giving him used games.

Avatar image for airshocker
#23 Posted by airshocker (31700 posts) -

What the **** is wrong with the world when someone who killed 77 people even has access to video games while they're incarcerated?

I say find a nice oubliette, throw him in there and let him rot for 21 years.

Avatar image for Gaming-Planet
#24 Edited by Gaming-Planet (18753 posts) -

The creator of those awful simulator games should make Prison Simulator, a game dedicated to this needy man. Have that be the only game he ever plays.

Avatar image for darktruth007
#25 Edited by darktruth007 (696 posts) -

If he wanted to play the latest video games that badly maybe he should have thought about it before killing 77 people. Is the guy dumb? Seriously.

As far as his access to games goes, sure give him a ps3 - or some better games for a ps2. He's in prison so he's not going to harm anyone - I don't see the point in skull-f***ing him to death. Just because american prisons are inhumane doesn't mean the rest of the world should be like that too.

Avatar image for chaoscougar1
#26 Posted by chaoscougar1 (37597 posts) -

@Bikouchu35 said:

Sure, he would blend in with gta online crowd.

whatdoesthisevenimply?

Avatar image for Cyberdot
#27 Posted by Cyberdot (3928 posts) -

He shouldn't have any sort of entertainment at all. He's a murderer who killed 77 people.

Avatar image for Netret0120
#28 Posted by Netret0120 (3474 posts) -

This fool is crazy. He should not have entertainment period.

Avatar image for Curlyfrii87
#29 Edited by Curlyfrii87 (15045 posts) -

@Shottayouth13- said:

I think he should be beaten to death with the PS2.

I like this option

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#30 Posted by MirkoS77 (12676 posts) -

That worthless piece of shit should rot. Go ahead and starve yourself motherfucker, do the world a favor. He should be in a cell like Edmond was in the film Count of Monte Cristo: a brick hole, no windows, nothing except a spoonful of slop fed to him twice a day and a bucket to shit in. Otherwise rightfully forgotten like the trash he is. He's lucky to be alive.

It absolutely disgusts me that this piece of garbage is even being humored, much less able to play games and make requests. What, does he get a masseus once a day too?

Let him try to starve himself. Refusing to eat until the point of starvation and death through sheer will when food is readily available and on offer demands an almost incomprehensible degree of discipline and commitment, one that I doubt the desire for a better gaming system could ever hope to instill.

I can barely even think on this as it makes me so enraged. He's scum, and deserves nothing more than the most basic of necessities to live. Games ain't one of them.

**** you Norway, get your head on straight. Jesus.

Avatar image for horgen
#31 Edited by Horgen (116620 posts) -

@MrGeezer said:

Look, there are two ways of looking at this:

1) He's a mass murdering piece of shit, and doesn't even deserve to live, let alone have a PS3.

2) He's only serving 21 years (unless I'm mistaken), which means that in all likelihood he WILL one day be released. If that's the case, then the goal should be on rehabilitation.

Having said that, I don't see how proper rehabilitation requires access to a fucking PS3. So it's totally possible to tell this guy to go f*** himself when it comes to this request, while STILL actually placing a priority on rehabilitating him in preparation for his eventual release.

Bottom line: No, he shouldn't f***ing get a PS3. I wouldn't even be opposed to giving him a PS3 if it weren't for the fact that he's acting like he's ENTITLED to one. That would just be SUPPORTING and reinforcing his sense of entitlement, which would be a very bad thing on the day that he's eventually released. I realize that he's threatening to starve himself if he doesn't get one, and that's probably illegal to allow a prisoner to commit suicide in such a manner, but there has to be another option other than "cave into their demands." If that weren't the case, then prisoners could just demand to be released under threat of hunger strike.

My suggestion? Tell him to **** off, then wait for him to cave. If he actually follows through with his hunger strike long enough to be in serious risk of starving, then restrain his ass, sedate him, and deliver the nutrients intravenously until he decides to cooperate.

Rehabilitation is the goal anyway.. He might be in for 21 years.. Or longer... Or shorter.

Avatar image for MrGeezer
#32 Edited by MrGeezer (59152 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

That worthless piece of shit should rot. Go ahead and starve yourself motherfucker, do the world a favor. He should be in a cell like Edmond was in the film Count of Monte Cristo: a brick hole, no windows, nothing except a spoonful of slop fed to him twice a day and a bucket to shit in. Otherwise rightfully forgotten like the trash he is. He's lucky to be alive.

It absolutely disgusts me that this piece of garbage is even being humored, much less able to play games and make requests. What, does he get a masseus once a day too?

Let him try to starve himself. Refusing to eat until the point of starvation and death through sheer will when food is readily available and on offer demands an almost incomprehensible degree of discipline and commitment, one that I doubt the desire for a better gaming system could ever hope to instill.

I can barely even think on this as it makes me so enraged. He's scum, and deserves nothing more than the most basic of necessities to live. Games ain't one of them.

**** you Norway, get your head on straight. Jesus.

It's probably illegal to just let the dude starve himself.

Avatar image for Treflis
#33 Edited by Treflis (13341 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

That worthless piece of shit should rot. Go ahead and starve yourself motherfucker, do the world a favor. He should be in a cell like Edmond was in the film Count of Monte Cristo: a brick hole, no windows, nothing except a spoonful of slop fed to him twice a day and a bucket to shit in. Otherwise rightfully forgotten like the trash he is. He's lucky to be alive.

It absolutely disgusts me that this piece of garbage is even being humored, much less able to play games and make requests. What, does he get a masseus once a day too?

Let him try to starve himself. Refusing to eat until the point of starvation and death through sheer will when food is readily available and on offer demands an almost incomprehensible degree of discipline and commitment, one that I doubt the desire for a better gaming system could ever hope to instill.

I can barely even think on this as it makes me so enraged. He's scum, and deserves nothing more than the most basic of necessities to live. Games ain't one of them.

**** you Norway, get your head on straight. Jesus.

Said the guy who wants to go back to the middle age prisons.

Avatar image for gamerguru100
#34 Posted by gamerguru100 (12687 posts) -

@MrGeezer: 10/10

Avatar image for RushKing
#35 Edited by RushKing (1785 posts) -

Give the guy a ps3. I honestly don't care about how he lives as long as he isn't harming anyone anymore. Rehabilitation > Punishment

Avatar image for lamprey263
#36 Posted by lamprey263 (34504 posts) -

only if he can name all his victims and recite it by memory

Avatar image for Crushmaster
#37 Posted by Crushmaster (4324 posts) -

Definitely! This is a gross human rights violation!

Avatar image for Randolph
#38 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

With my sense of humor I would replace it with a NES and a copy of Dragon's Lair, T&C Surf Designs, Karate Kid, and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Avatar image for plageus900
#39 Edited by plageus900 (2366 posts) -

@Randolph said:

With my sense of humor I would replace it with a NES and a copy of Dragon's Lair, T&C Surf Designs, Karate Kid, and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Give him a NES with one game. The best game.

Watch him gouge out his eyes as he ragequits over 9000 times.