Do you support legalized weed?

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Pretty sure this doesn't count as "discussion of illegal activities"... not if we're talking about hypothetical (or real in certain states) legality, right? :P

Anyways, I was curious, do you guys/gals support the legalization of marijuana or no? Why or why not?

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

I absolutely support legalization and decriminalization. We need to get past the bullshit government sponsored propaganda against such a useful plant.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

i do not support nor do i oppose. it's not an issue for me

Madara_Sennin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Madara_Sennin
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

well i used to somke a lot a couple of years ago so no it doesn't bother me they should make a odorless smell to it that would be cool

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Catalli  Moderator

@doozie78 said:

I absolutely support legalization and decriminalization. We need to get past the bullshit government sponsored propaganda against such a useful plant.

I agree it is a useful plant, but in many states it's usefulness is being properly used through medical marijuana wouldn't you say? In terms of usefulness I'd say medical mj has it covered.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Catalli  Moderator

@madara_sennin: I'd also love an odorless version of beer and, above all, tobacco too haha

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#8 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I don't think discussing illegal activities is against the TOU. Encouraging them or facilitating access to illegal products is, though so you should be ok.

As for me, I'm for legalization.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Completely irrelevant to me. Could care less

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

Well, I'd prefer decriminalization. But I guess legalization would be preferable to the way we're doing things now.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

Yes I do, smoking weed is hardly an act worthy of jail time. It harms no one, and hell there is even argument to be made that doing so keeps idiots indoors as opposed to on the streets doing idiotic things.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

Oh hey I just saw that weed was legalized in Alaska along with Oregon and D.C.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#14 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I couldn't care less, honestly. I don't use it and feel no need to. Not acting self righteous, just stating how it is.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Catalli  Moderator

@Serraph105: Alaska? Really? That surprises me some

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Catalli  Moderator

@turtlethetaffer said:

I couldn't care less, honestly. I don't use it and feel no need to. Not acting self righteous, just stating how it is.

Not accusing anyone of being self-righteous for not using, hey good for you even. However what's your view on possible tax collection, possible increase in use or things like that? Legalization goes a lot farther than just whether you use it or not, which is why I'm asking :)

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts
Loading Video...

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

In the USA millions of dollars have been spent to end the smoking of tobacco, now we want to legalize the smoking of weed. It does not make sense to me.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

^Well tobacco causes cancer, and a bunch of other horrible diseases that Marijuana does not. Also you don't have to smoke Marijuana there 100's of different ways to ingest it, without having to smoke. It also has lots of medical benefits that it can be used for and 1000's of medical uses we don't even know about as cannabinoids have barely been studied world wide do to the prohibition.

Yes, no reason not to leagalize. And I don't mean just legalizing it so that we can buy it from licensed growers, but rather full across the board legalization so I can grow the stuff myself. Hell my governments current medical marijuana plan is trying to sell weed at prohibition prices which is fucking ridiculous, all while not handing out licenses for new companies to start up, keeping supply far below the demand to justify their stupid system. At $15 dollars a gram, I'm better of going to the guy down the street for $10 dollars like it is everywhere on the streets.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#20 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Nope

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Catalli  Moderator

@JimB: Lowering the amount of tobacco smokers by raising awareness of the dangers it poses is not the same as prohibiting it entirely. Raising awareness does a lot more good than prohibitions. Do you really think making tobacco illegal would stop people smoking cigarettes? Do you really think legalizing weed will drastically increase the number of people who smoke it?

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@Serraph105 said:

Oh hey I just saw that weed was legalized in Alaska along with Oregon and D.C.

I just moved from Washington State (where its already legal) to Oregon (where it is NOW legal).

At first I was like, "Washington, **** Yeah". Now I'm like, "Oregon, **** Yeah".

In all seriousness, Marijuana is almost completely harmless. I don't smoke it, but it should definitely be legal.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

I'm for decriminalization for all drugs.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@Renevent42 said:

I've become more and more of this mindset. I don't use any drugs outside of alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine anymore, so I don't have a dog in the race, so to speak. I smoked pot for years, and quit without any trouble or ever having gotten into trouble, and experimented with LSD a little bit in college, but I've long since grown out of that phase.

That said, I think it has been proven foolhardy to create a black market in which the most violent members of society stand to benefit with massive profits.

If there's a demand for something, the markets will find a way to supply it whether legal or not. As such, you're losing an uphill battle with prohibition that often times causes more societal harm than the good you're prohibiting.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By bforrester420

@JimB said:

In the USA millions of dollars have been spent to end the smoking of tobacco, now we want to legalize the smoking of weed. It does not make sense to me.

That's largely a result of not being the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Let's see if you follow: Nicotine is one of the most physically addictive drugs available. It is also a poison with very low lethal dose levels (some sources claim 500 to 1000mg, some claim as low as 50 - 60mg) in adults. Marijuana is not physically addictive and has no know overdose or lethal dosage level.

As someone who has both smoked cigarettes and pot habitually, I cannot overemphasize how much easier it is to stop smoking pot than cigarettes. I quit smoking pot around 3 years ago without any trouble. I can be around it without any urge to imbibe. I've tried to quit nicotine dozens of times, for as long as 2 years, and I've relapsed every time.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I do think it should be legalized but it's not an issue I'm going to go out and campaign for, or donate money to.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
@Renevent42 said:

Same.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

Legalizing weed ? Are you serious ? I sell shit tons of that

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Decriminalization....not legalization.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

Yes it should be legalized.

jsolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jsolidus
Member since 2011 • 171 Posts

No and i never will.... to be honest they should of kept it illegal because its not going so great for these business now that its legal. its not a big money marker that so may announced it would be. Pot heads don't care about the economy, it use as hemp or its "medical" properties. they just want to get high but they use these b.s propaganda to get it legalized. Yes it works but now the shit hitting the fan. Colorado is having feds rad there shops now. It happened in CA why wouldn't it happen in CO.. I told many people this here would happen and no one believed me and guess what its happening. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/03/irs-limits-profits-marijuana-businesses/18165033/

The US government is going to tax the hell of of marijuana and they are going to rad shops at the same time but that's what these pot smokers wanted to save the "economy". They wanted it to be taxed well you got it now pay the price or go to the black market. Which is not going anywhere and is thriving. I heard many pot heads say that the cartel would just disappear with legalization. Yeah like they were going to kick dirt and play hopscotch after legalization.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bforrester420
@jsolidus said:

No and i never will.... to be honest they should of kept it illegal because its not going so great for these bushiness now that its legal. its not a big money marker that so may announced it would be. Pot heads don't care about the economy, it use as hemp or its "medical" properties. they just want to get high but they use these b.s propaganda to get it legalized. Yes it works but now the shit hitting the fan. Colorado is having feds rad there shops now. It happened in CA why wouldn't it happen in CO.. I told many people this here would happen and no one believed me and guess what its happening. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/03/irs-limits-profits-marijuana-businesses/18165033/

The US government is going to tax the hell of of marijuana and they are going to rad shops at the same time but that's what these pot smokers wanted to save the "economy". They wanted it to be taxed well you got it now pay the price or go to the black market. Which is not going anywhere and is thriving. I heard many pot heads say that the cartel would just disappear with legalization. Yeah like they were going to kick dirt and play hopscotch after legalization.

Nowhere in your mass of misspellings and grammatical errors did you offer a rationale as to why it should continue to be illegal. You've only highlighted the obvious obstacles inherent when state and federal law clash. As more states and voters elect to legalize it's trade, the more pressure that will place on our federal senate and congress people to re-evaluate federal laws.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@JimB said:

LOL

It makes perfect sense. You can't die from a lifetime of marijuana use.

jsolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jsolidus

@bforrester420:

@bforrester420 said:
@jsolidus said:

No and i never will.... to be honest they should of kept it illegal because its not going so great for these bushiness now that its legal. its not a big money marker that so may announced it would be. Pot heads don't care about the economy, it use as hemp or its "medical" properties. they just want to get high but they use these b.s propaganda to get it legalized. Yes it works but now the shit hitting the fan. Colorado is having feds rad there shops now. It happened in CA why wouldn't it happen in CO.. I told many people this here would happen and no one believed me and guess what its happening. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/03/irs-limits-profits-marijuana-businesses/18165033/

Nowhere in your mass of misspellings and grammatical errors did you offer a rationale as to why it should continue to be illegal. You've only highlighted the obvious obstacles inherent when state and federal law clash. As more states and voters elect to legalize it's trade, the more pressure that will place on our federal senate and congress people to re-evaluate federal laws.

if you want to pay a minimum of $50 a gram for legal weed be my guest, but i bet it would of been cheaper if it was illegal. also if you really think a republican dominated senate and house will lower the price of weed so u can smoke, u need to stop smoking. The government doesn't even give tobacco and liquor breaks if they did it, beer would the same price as soda. Pot organizations should of looked at the laws and changed it before legalization.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Catalli  Moderator

@bforrester420 said:
@jsolidus said:

Hear hear

@elkoldo said:

Legalizing weed ? Are you serious ? I sell shit tons of that

Okay I lol'd...

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#37 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

If anything, it should be decriminalized.

jsolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jsolidus

@Aljosa23 said:

@JimB said:

LOL

It makes perfect sense. You can't die from a lifetime of marijuana use.

JImB has a point and i bet in the next decades the government will go after weed the same way it goes after tobacco.. We know that tobacco causes cancer even natural tobacco can cause cancer. We know this from years of research. We do not know what a lifetime of smoking pot can do, since the research is new. You actually don't know if a person can't die from a life long use of marijuana because its never been studied. I hear the same crap about how it cures cancer yada yada, but Bob Marley who smoked his entire life died of cancer. Now we don't know if weed was the reason but it sure didnt cure him of cancer.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Catalli  Moderator

@jsolidus: Nobody in their right, soundly-educated mind is arguing it cures cancer. Do you also think the government should criminalise alcohol?

jsolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jsolidus
@ianhh6 said:

@jsolidus: Nobody in their right, soundly-educated mind is arguing it cures cancer. Do you also think the government should criminalise alcohol?

Yeah every pot head i've know has told me it can cure cancer, I've heard it countless times. even when i have online debates i hear the same dumbass speeches on how it cures cancer its safe its not a drug.I've also heard the alcohol versus weed argument countless times and i wish weed supports would drop it. Apples to oranges. You would be better off comparing weed to tobacco since they are both smoked.

But no i do not think we should criminalize alcohol, we tried it, it failed. Now a lot of people like to say that weed prohibition is the same as alcohol well if it was, weed would been legalized a few years after it was made illegal, yet it wasn't. Weed has not made the average person break the law and very few people actually do it. If i smoke weed im instantly high however if i drink one can of beer i wont be drunk. You can be responsible with drinking but how can you be responsible with a substance that immediately puts you under the influences. Now if i was a kid who weighed less than a 100 pounds and i drink beer that would be a different story. a lot of people like to use the alcohol versus weed argument to make weed seem ok and less dangerous, i think its just grasping at straws.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Catalli  Moderator

@jsolidus said:
@ianhh6 said:

Yeah every pot head i've know has told me it can cure cancer, I've heard it countless times. even when i have online debates i hear the same dumbass speeches on how it cures cancer its safe its not a drug.I've also heard the alcohol versus weed argument countless times and i wish weed supports would drop it. Apples to oranges. You would be better off comparing weed to tobacco since they are both smoked.

But no i do not think we should criminalize alcohol, we tried it, it failed. Now a lot of people like to say that weed prohibition is the same as alcohol well if it was, weed would been legalized a few years after it was made illegal, yet it wasn't. Weed has not made the average person break the law and very few people actually do it. If i smoke weed im instantly high however if i drink one can a beer i wont be drunk. Now if i was a kid who weighed less than a 100 pounds that would be a different story. a lot of people like to use the alcohol versus weed argument to make weed seem ok and less dangerous, i think its just grasping at straws.

Good thing I specifically said "right, soundly-educated mind", amirite? Glad to know you're basing an entire campaign on what pot heads on the internet say. And you might as well compare weed to alcohol seeing as they both affect your mind, tobacco doesn't.

I'm not claiming weed and alcohol are the same cases, but seeing as your main issue with legalised weed seems to be the health issues it could entail to smokers, you might as well then accept that alcohol can also lead to those. They are, therefore, comparable cases.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Renevent42
@Motokid6 said:

Weed can significantly HELP cure cancer. It helps greatly after chemotherapy.

More accurately it helps fight the effects of chemotherapy (nausea, eating, fatigue, etc)...not so much curing cancer.

jsolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jsolidus

@ianhh6 said:

@jsolidus said:
@ianhh6 said:

But no i do not think we should criminalize alcohol, we tried it, it failed. Now a lot of people like to say that weed prohibition is the same as alcohol well if it was, weed would been legalized a few years after it was made illegal, yet it wasn't. Weed has not made the average person break the law and very few people actually do it. If i smoke weed im instantly high however if i drink one can a beer i wont be drunk. Now if i was a kid who weighed less than a 100 pounds that would be a different story. a lot of people like to use the alcohol versus weed argument to make weed seem ok and less dangerous, i think its just grasping at straws.

Good thing I specifically said "right, soundly-educated mind", amirite? Glad to know you're basing an entire campaign on what pot heads on the internet say. And you might as well compare weed to alcohol seeing as they both affect your mind, tobacco doesn't.

I'm not claiming weed and alcohol are the same cases, but seeing as your main issue with legalised weed seems to be the health issues it could entail to smokers, you might as well then accept that alcohol can also lead to those. They are, therefore, comparable cases.

To be honest I have never ever met a sound minded educated pot head, if they were right, soundly-educated mind they wouldn't be smoking or they would of worked on changing the tax codes and legal issues before legalizing weed. Now these business are more than likely going to go bankrupt and a big company like phip morris will come in and now we have cigaweeds.

All of them have been dumb as hell, even the ones who are educated. Lets be honest, the people who support weed are like what i posted. You can argue til you turn blue in the face but go to any comment section, like the one we are on right now, of any article on weed and you will hear the same rehash of bullshit. End the war on drugs so the cartel can be wiped out, tax it so it can save the economy, its safer than this excuse, it can cure cancer, all the ones i met face to face told me this too.

Then they turn around and and complain when it is legalized because it too high in price, well you wanted it to be taxed to save the economy. It comical to me how they flip flop. Actually my main reason for keeping weed legal is the smell and the way it makes people and yes i already know that a health issue will be a problem in the distant future

also, like i said before, you can be responsible with alcohol yet if you are instantly high how can you be responsible, there for i do not believe weed can be compared to alcohol . Yes they both alter your judgement but one is instant and that makes a big difference.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Renevent42

Carl Sagan smoked pot...just saying. I'd wager he's a lot smarter then you.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Sure, whatever. Just don't do it near me

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#48  Edited By destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

Yes, and shame on Florida on all fronts. I'm so glad to be moving out of this state.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#49 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Yes.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Support it? Depends. I think it's a good idea. I didn't vote for it or anything like that though. I'm glad it was legalized in WA, where I live. It's progress. Despite it being legalized, I still use a medical marijuana card because there is still no great places to buy legal marijuana. If it were purely up to me at this point of time, I'd keep it illegal except medicinally, purely because I think it's going to ruin my favorite places to get it. In the long run though, it's a good thing.