Do you notice a lot of inattentive drivers.

• 51 results
Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

I have been walking a lot this year, and oh my lord have I realized just how dangerous a lot of people are in the road. I get it we all love our cars but a lot of people are too comfortable behind the wheel. People who just drive fast and aggresively for no reason, people who dont know how to use the breaks, texters, etc. My biggeest pet peeve is people who turn when the light says that pedestrian can cross.

So many people do this its crazy. Im on the sidewalk near an intersection, im waiting to cross and then as I do(once the ltraffic light is red and the street sign says peds cross) some jag off looking to the left nearly turns on me while making a right turn. Its so obnoxious how frequently it happens. Like I get it you are looking at the direction of traffic while tuurning, but your main priority(where your vision should be) is directly where your car is going. I have even noticed people reverse in parking lots without looking backwards. I just dont understand people who dont watch where they are going.

I got tagged by the hood of someoenes car because it was my turn to cross and they crossed over the line at a red light. I got so pissed I spit on the dudes hood/window(he seemed so nonchalant about hitting me with his car), I honestly should have got his plate number.

Any of you had bad instances with careless drivers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2  Edited By deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts
Put the darn phone down!!!
Put the darn phone down!!!

The photo I have attached to the right is what I am extremely annoyed at seeing while driving. I will consistently see drivers swerving in their lane, persistently sit at a traffic light while green, and barely hit pedestrians/vehicles at an alarming rate. This is something that is obviously preventable/avoidable. Yet, it still happens. I am not entirely sure how their focus would be on a text message versus a metal object they are currently driving, but I digress.

I know your focus was while being a pedestrian and your post was regarding drivers, but I have also noticed a large number of pedestrians who are walking in front of vehicles/traffic whilst looking down at their cell phones. I personally park at a distance of most businesses because I am tired of having to drive around, honk my horn or suddenly have to stop because there are pedestrians who will stop in the middle of a parking lot to respond to a text.

I am going to stop now before I get into a longer rant because my thoughts immediately went to couples/friends who go to restaurants and don't talk to each other because their head is focused down the entire time (which I have noticed their focus is scrolling through FaceBook and other social media outlets: go figure).

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Old drivers are my biggest annoyance

Entering a motorway casually at 40-50mph causing traffic to have to slow they then proceed to the safety of try middle lane and settle at 54 mph.

Just slow enough for lorries to need to overtake them.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178831 Posts

Texting is out of control and auto manufacturers allowing apps is a recipe for disaster..........

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

People are idiots on the road and they've only gotten worse with smart phones. We have more deaths in my state from cell phones then drunk drivers. People don't realize how bad a car accident can be. I do the speed limit stay to the right and keep out of peoples way.

I did a lot of stupid stuff driving in the 90's when I got my license. My step dad let me take his Jaguar one night. I wanted to see how fast I could go. I got on the freeway and opened it up. I did 140 mph for 7 mintures. I was weaving in and out of traffic like I was a NASCAR driver. Looking back on it I'm lucky someone didn't get killed.

I've been in a couple bad car accidents. I was lucky to walk away from them. One accident I ran a red light and got T-Boned. My car was practically ripped in half I got sued for $50K in 1996. It freaked me out now I drive like a saint.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

My dashcam footage says it all.

Idiots.....

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

Around me it's terrible. Completely distracted while driving, pull out in front of people, swerving in lanes, but they always drive SLOW here. I guess they think if they drive slow than can still play on their phones and have time to react? 10 mph UNDER the speed limit is completely normal here. The absolute worst here are Honda drivers, Honda CRV being the worst of the worst.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44093 Posts

Oh yeah, definitely. Aggressive and impatient drivers are the worst. So often I see drivers make unsafe maneuvers when they could quite literally wait 1 or 2 seconds to do the same thing in a perfectly safe fashion.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17854 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Oh yeah, definitely. Aggressive and impatient drivers are the worst. So often I see drivers make unsafe maneuvers when they could quite literally wait 1 or 2 seconds to do the same thing in a perfectly safe fashion.

Always kills me when people swerve in and out of traffic to get a little ahead only to be right next to you at the next stoplight. LOL. Sometimes I do make faces at them.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44093 Posts

@br0kenrabbit: Yeah it’s always quite funny to see people do that.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

Some motorists simply don't give a sh*t. Remember, dashcams have wide-angle lens. So, cars are actually closer than indicated.

Loading Video...

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts
@jun_aka_pekto said:

Idiots.....

Loading Video...

Did you get that truck's plate and report him? He did a lot of damage. No reason he should get away with that.

Here are my obligatory entries, although in my case I mostly recorded them to show off the forward collision warning/auto braking of my car:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

This last one was nobody's fault, but the car ahead of me stopped quickly to avoid killing a prairie dog and my collision warning tripped.

Loading Video...

-Byshop

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mercenary848

@jun_aka_pekto: When i saw the first vid, I could tell desert town. I was split between Colorado and Arizona

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14799 Posts

I'm an aggressive driver and I respect other aggressive drivers. One time I was stuck at a red, and I was constantly getting stuck at them that drive. One guy was in the left lane and cut me off (I was in the right lane) and drove on the edge of the road to get ahead to make a right turn. I loved that.

But yeah, old people and texters are the worse. I slam the horn whenever I see someone texting. So stupid.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mercenary848

@SOedipus said:

I'm an aggressive driver and I respect other aggressive drivers. One time I was stuck at a red, and I was constantly getting stuck at them that drive. One guy was in the left lane and cut me off (I was in the right lane) and drove on the edge of the road to get ahead to make a right turn. I loved that.

But yeah, old people and texters are the worse. I slam the horn whenever I see someone texting. So stupid.

I really dont get aggressive drivers. I mean yeah its annoying to be stuck behind slow cars, bu when I see people just gunning it for no reason, or road raging I immediately feel like that person is causing my harm then good and doesn't need to be on the road. Maybe its because I like to cruise and I never run late so I dont drive with a sense of urgency(which is inexcusable imo) but when I see people playing Mario Kart in traffic I cringe.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

You can listen to music while driving as long as you focus on the road, it actually helps me that way I don't feel worried about having a car accident. I also used the phone when I'm lost and need a GPS.

But texting while driving is completely irresponsible what is so urgent that you can't wait to text when you get home. If it is an emergency, please pull over the side of the road, and text. Or use the bluetooth for crying out loud. I also can't stand people that drive slow on the fast lane;

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@Byshop said:

Did you get that truck's plate and report him? He did a lot of damage. No reason he should get away with that.

-Byshop

I didn't go to the police. But, I went to the homeowner and gave a copy of the video. He said he knew who it was.

@Mercenary848 said:

When i saw the first vid, I could tell desert town. I was split between Colorado and Arizona

It's no secret I live in AZ. The first video took place at one of the traffic circles in Wickenburg and the guilty white subcompact had California plates. I had the audio muted in my dashcam. Otherwise, you'd be hearing me scream, "F-ing Dumbass California driver!" or something like that. ;)

Of course, I was also cussing in the other two videos.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mercenary848

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@Byshop said:

-Byshop

I didn't go to the police. But, I went to the homeowner and gave a copy of the video. He said he knew who it was.

@Mercenary848 said:

When i saw the first vid, I could tell desert town. I was split between Colorado and Arizona

It's no secret I live in AZ. The first video took place at one of the traffic circles in Wickenburg and the guilty white subcompact had California plates. I had the audio muted in my dashcam. Otherwise, you'd be hearing me scream, "F-ing Dumbass California driver!" or something like that. ;)

Hahaha nice. Ive spent some time in AZ(scottsdle and tempe) and im moving out to CO this week for grad school. Im excited to do some desert living.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:

Idiots.....

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

I didn't see anything that bad in your first video. The second one was eye-opening.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
@jun_aka_pekto said:

Nice. One of the reasons I like dashcams is because I think Hit and Run drivers are the scum of the Earth.

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@Mercenary848 said:

@Mercenary848: Colorado doesn't have palm trees. We're semi-arid, but not a true desert. We also have seasons, so you'll see a mix of deciduous and evergreen trees. My videos were all filmed in Colorado, for comparison.

-Byshop

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@realistic44 said:

You can listen to music while driving as long as you focus on the road, it actually helps me that way I don't feel worried about having a car accident. I also used the phone when I'm lost and need a GPS.

But texting while driving is completely irresponsible what is so urgent that you can't wait to text when you get home. If it is an emergency, please pull over the side of the road, and text. Or use the Bluetooth for crying out loud. I also can't stand people that drive slow on the fast lane;

I actually use the voice to text feature a ton, even if I'm not driving my car. It's just more convienient than typing in a lot of cases.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Byshop  Moderator
@Serraph105 said:

I didn't see anything that bad in your first video. The second one was eye-opening.

The white car at the 25 second mark exits the roundabout from the inside lane, cutting off jun by crossing across his lane. If jun hadn't been paying attention and slowed down when the car cut in front of them, it could have easily resulted in an accident. I can't be 100% sure from the video but it also looks like they didn't even bother to signal. Just jerked the wheel to the right and cut across a couple lanes with no warning. It's a freakin' roundabout. You could just go around it again and get in the correct lane. Would take an extra 10 seconds. It's not like driving in the mountains where missing the exit means you're stuck on the road for an extra 20 minutes until you can turn around safely.

-Byshop

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mercenary848

@Byshop: Sweet, I have only been to Denver so far(that is where I will be living) so im still getting familiar. What part of the state do you live. I a from GA so im really excited to get a change in weather.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

Yeah... I don't like driving where I live.

Some idiot looking at their phone'll be the death of me.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@Byshop said:

The white car at the 25 second mark exits the roundabout from the inside lane, cutting off jun by crossing across his lane. If jun hadn't been paying attention and slowed down when the car cut in front of them, it could have easily resulted in an accident. I can't be 100% sure from the video but it also looks like they didn't even bother to signal. Just jerked the wheel to the right and cut across a couple lanes with no warning. It's a freakin' roundabout. You could just go around it again and get in the correct lane. Would take an extra 10 seconds. It's not like driving in the mountains where missing the exit means you're stuck on the road for an extra 20 minutes until you can turn around safely.

-Byshop

I don't think there was anyone behind me. The white subcompact could've just gone behind me. Anyway, even if the other driver used his turn signal, I wouldn't be able to notice it because it was almost sundown and the glare was right on his tail lights.

After I was done cussing, I settled down and reminded myself many Americans aren't used to traffic circles.

Double-checking the video, the driver didn't use his turn signal. So, yeah. I was right to cuss him out. ;)

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Byshop  Moderator
@Mercenary848 said:

@Byshop: Sweet, I have only been to Denver so far(that is where I will be living) so im still getting familiar. What part of the state do you live. I a from GA so im really excited to get a change in weather.

Yeah, you're certainly going to get that. And then again when it decides to change again. And then again. And then again. All of which will happen in the course of about a week. We can get north of 100 (although it usually hovers around the 90s on the hottest days), then drop down to 60, then rain, then hot again, followed by a hail storm strong enough to kill zoo animals.

I'm in Westminster, which is halfway between Denver and Boulder. Pretty easy access to both. I had a place in Boulder for most of my life in Colorado but we moved out to the burbs when our second kid was on the way.

-Byshop

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Byshop  Moderator
@jun_aka_pekto said:
@Byshop said:

-Byshop

I don't think there was anyone behind me. The white subcompact could've just gone behind me. Anyway, even if the other driver used his turn signal, I wouldn't be able to notice it because it was almost sundown and the glare was right on his tail lights.

After I was done cussing, I settled down and reminded myself many Americans aren't used to traffic circles.

Yeah, they aren't as commonly found over here as they are in someplace like the UK. Still, though, a little common sense goes a long way. Now that you mention it, I'm surprised you can't hear me swearing in my own videos. I think I was just so focused on not getting into an accident during those brief clips that the swearing came after.

-Byshop

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

I used to be a really aggressive driver. Made some lifestyle changes and am a lot more mellow, reserved. It makes the commutes way better.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@shellcase86 said:

I used to be a really aggressive driver. Made some lifestyle changes and am a lot more mellow, reserved. It makes the commutes way better.

That's fine if motorists ignore you. But, it's not fine when the situations are the ones coming to you. ;)

@Byshop said:

Yeah, you're certainly going to get that. And then again when it decides to change again. And then again. And then again. All of which will happen in the course of about a week. We can get north of 100 (although it usually hovers around the 90s on the hottest days), then drop down to 60, then rain, then hot again, followed by a hail storm strong enough to kill zoo animals.

I'm in Westminster, which is halfway between Denver and Boulder. Pretty easy access to both. I had a place in Boulder for most of my life in Colorado but we moved out to the burbs when our second kid was on the way.

-Byshop

I used to be stationed at Tinker AFB in Oklahoma City back in the 80's. A severe thunderstorm passed over and dumped baseball-sized hail over the base. Every car in the dormitory parking lot had the glass shattered and the sheet metal all looked like a kid went through them with a ball-peen hammer. I never heard so many airmen cussing and crying all at once. I hadn't picked up my car yet from Nevada. So, I lucked out. ;)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58257 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto: to be fair, I have no idea what to do at a multi-lane traffic circle. They're pretty rare where I live (California) but I go through a single-lane circle every day now and handle it just fine (not at first, though). But what do you do on the inner lane? Just drive around until you can merge to the outer ring?

I definitely wouldn't do what that white car did, though, that was dumb.

Not sure how I feel about traffic circles. On one hand, I like them because for the most part people do OK with them; but on the other hand, you get these people who are scared someone is going to pull out in front of them so they see you kind of creeping, waiting for them to pass, and they just stop mid-circle haha.

It's nice, though, better than a four-way stop imo.

*OK this helps :D

Loading Video...

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jun_aka_pekto
@mrbojangles25 said:

@jun_aka_pekto: to be fair, I have no idea what to do at a multi-lane traffic circle. They're pretty rare where I live (California) but I go through a single-lane circle every day now and handle it just fine (not at first, though). But what do you do on the inner lane? Just drive around until you can merge to the outer ring?

I definitely wouldn't do what that white car did, though, that was dumb.

Not sure how I feel about traffic circles. On one hand, I like them because for the most part people do OK with them; but on the other hand, you get these people who are scared someone is going to pull out in front of them so they see you kind of creeping, waiting for them to pass, and they just stop mid-circle haha.

It's nice, though, better than a four-way stop imo.

If you're in the inner lane of a traffic circle, you keep going around until you have an opening to get on the outer lane. The outer lane is the only lane you can use to make a turn unless otherwise marked on the pavement or on signs.

The Wickenburg local government got tired of maintaining stoplights. So, they converted to traffic circles because they were the most economical alternative.

I was in shock too the first time I encountered them (I was expecting the old stoplights). I kept making the wrong turn the first couple of times I was in town because the signs weren't up yet. But, I didn't cut anyone off either.

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#32 Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

@Mercenary848: My husband drives. He took an advanced course in driving when he first took the test over 20 years ago.

He’s the only person I trust as a driver with the exception of Uber taxis (UK).

My mother in law is a baaaad driver. She’s one of those who leaves it until the last minute to slam on the brakes right up your arse so you think she’s about to crash into you.

I could go on but it would be cruel....

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

not like the good ol day

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Byshop  Moderator
@jun_aka_pekto said:
@shellcase86 said:

That's fine if motorists ignore you. But, it's not fine when the situations are the ones coming to you. ;)

I used to be stationed at Tinker AFB in Oklahoma City back in the 80's. A severe thunderstorm passed over and dumped baseball-sized hail over the base. Every car in the dormitory parking lot had the glass shattered and the sheet metal all looked like a kid went through them with a ball-peen hammer. I never heard so many airmen cussing and crying all at once. I hadn't picked up my car yet from Nevada. So, I lucked out. ;)

I worked in OKC for a year, flying back and forth from Denver every week for a year. It's less than 500 miles as the crow flies, so the weather I got there was around the same as what was going on at home, except with 10000% more wind. As for me, I got my roof replaced by my home owners insurance and I keep my car garaged almost all of the time. If I'm not working from home, then I'm parked in that garage at the airport. Lucky me, because I have a glass roof. :)

-Byshop

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 realistic44

@Serraph105 said:
@realistic44 said:

But texting while driving is completely irresponsible what is so urgent that you can't wait to text when you get home. If it is an emergency, please pull over the side of the road, and text. Or use the Bluetooth for crying out loud. I also can't stand people that drive slow on the fast lane;

I actually use the voice to text feature a ton, even if I'm not driving my car. It's just more convienient than typing in a lot of cases.

I actually hate texting as well, auto typing is a pain. And I would much rather prefer using voice.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

Another one at the University of Arizona complex. Watch the red pickup trying to make a U-turn. The white car is actually the one wrong because there's a Turn Left on Green Arrow Only sign.

Loading Video...

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jun_aka_pekto

Here, there's only one turning lane and I'm on it. A dickhead in a pickup truck on the straightaway decided he'll turn too. He surprised the heck out of me. But, I wouldn't have any of it.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

Yes, I cycle to and from work everyday in the UK and the amount of driver I see on there phone is staggering. As a cyclist we are not supposed to cycle on the path (sidewalk) but I'm not cycling on the road when drivers are so distracted. I'd rather risk a fine.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts
@Archangel3371 said:

I dislike slow drivers almost as much as I dislike aggressive ones. I was behind someone the other day literally stopped in the middle of a busy street trying to read addresses or something, and don't get me started on people who swerve out on a turn just to drive 10 miles an hour slower than everyone else. If you're going to pull out in front of someone get up to their speed, or else just wait for them to pass. When I see Florida plates nowadays I avoid them like the plague.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3471 Posts

I hate seeing drivers do these annoying things:

• I am driving on a single road, a car behind me is 700m apart, accelerates very fast and get's close to me. I am only driving 30-40mph. I tend to keep my cool.
  • I see idiot drivers driving aggressively on the road with speed bumps. Heres what I often see, they accelerate at 50mph, slow down when approaching a speed bump, accelerate at 50mph, slow down when approaching a speed bump... repeat, repeat, repeat. Where is the fun in that?!
  • People that drive less than 20mph on a single road during rush hour. There were one or two occasions where I got so fed up that I overtook.
  • Those who signal a turn, but change their mind last minute! Very dangerous!

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#41  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Drivers like to take my photo and post it on the internet....

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@thehig1:

Opposite from my experience. College age drivers are terrible these days with the phones. My car was totalled a year and a half ago because some 21 year old (younger than my 1994 car) pulled out on the road in front of me and inexplicably stopped there while looking or texting on her phone. Fortunately for me a cop saw the whole thing and she was crying and said she was sorry, which was her admit to guilt. I made out, I was about to sell the car anyways and I got more than expected for the car.

From my experience young and female is an issue and this is not isolated. At that age people think they are invincible and being way too tied to their frickin phones. Have your phone with you but turned off while driving in a car, that's my motto. You can do it people, it's not that Frickin hard!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#43 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Honestly, I think driving is one of the very few things society manages well enough. You get some occasional annoying occurrences, but for the most part I'm stunned at how smoothly driving on streets and highways is. The people who planned this stuff out and manage the street lights have done an excellent job.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 realistic44
@AFBrat77 said:

@thehig1:

Opposite from my experience. College age drivers are terrible these days with the phones. My car was totalled a year and a half ago because some 21 year old (younger than my 1994 car) pulled out on the road in front of me and inexplicably stopped there while looking or texting on her phone. Fortunately for me a cop saw the whole thing and she was crying and said she was sorry, which was her admit to guilt. I made out, I was about to sell the car anyways and I got more than expected for the car.

From my experience young and female is an issue and this is not isolated. At that age people think they are invincible and being way too tied to their frickin phones. Have your phone with you but turned off while driving in a car, that's my motto. You can do it people, it's not that Frickin hard!

I only used my phone to look at directions only , but I agree with you to text while drive is completely immature and irresponsible, If it is an emergency I would pull off at the shoulder of the highway or the side of the road and text said "family member".

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 realistic44

I don't know if this is a big deal to some but I also hate when people drive slow on the fast lane, or they tend to drive slow in general and then bit*h about being cut off later on.

I don't like cutting people off, but if someone is going 20-25 mph on a 35mph zone. What do you expect? I am not a speed demon but I am not going to drive super slow either.

I also generally dislike construction work and potholes that my city tend to ignore.

michaelisaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 michaelisaac
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

Just driving and messaging is really a condemnation. It is not only dangerous to them but also to many others. Actually, I have witnessed a lot of traumatic events
thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 thehig1

@realistic44: agree about people driving slowly in the passing lane In hate it.

Especially if there going slow enough for my truck to need to be able to undertake them.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

Here, a motorist spilled part of his lumber cargo, probably from over-accelerating. But, it makes me happy to see there are still good samaritans in my town.

People really need to pay attention when they have unsecured cargo at the back.

Loading Video...

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38668 Posts
@thehig1 said:

Old drivers are my biggest annoyance

Entering a motorway casually at 40-50mph causing traffic to have to slow they then proceed to the safety of try middle lane and settle at 54 mph.

Just slow enough for lorries to need to overtake them.

my wife play a game whenever we see a terrible driver. it's called "old or phone"

guess correct and you win.

99/100 times it's one or the other.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 thehig1

@comp_atkins: spot on that explains practically all then terrible driving I see.