Do you listen to podcasts? Which was your favorite podcast this year?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36038 Posts

Podcasts seem to be reaching new heights in popularity lately, so do you listen to them? What kinds do you listen to? Most importantly, which was your favorite podcast of 2017?

Personally I listen to a ton, which I will post in a separate post, but my favorite single episode was "The Truth's" The Dark End of the Mall. This was written by Casper Kelley who worked on Too Many Cooks on Adult Swim.

Beyond that I really enjoy Planet Money on NPR which is consistently fantastic, interesting, and fun.

Your turn, talk about your favorite podcast.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#2 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I don't really listen to podcasts but ever since I've found Writing Excuses (a podcast about writing with Brandon Sanderson, writer of the Mistborn books) I've been hooked. So much good information there.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

@korvus said:

I don't really listen to podcasts but ever since I've found Writing Excuses (a podcast about writing with Brandon Sanderson, writer of the Mistborn books) I've been hooked. So much good information there.

That's an excellent podcast. I got to meet Brandon and Mary a few months back and thanked them for everything they've done. I wouldn't have gotten a literary agent without them.

I listen to Pseudopod, Tales to Terrify and StarShipSofa, podcasts that play short fiction, and "I Was There Too" which interviews movie/TV extras from memorable cinema scenes. All are great.

googlecustomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By googlecustomer
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

I DON'T HEAR ABOUT TO PODCAST. I HEARD THIS FIRST TIME.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/3600586

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

Oh too many to list... but these are my favorite 5

• Atheist Experience: call-in show about atheism
  • Retronauts: about retrogaming
  • This American Life: human interest stories
  • Podquisition: Jim Sterling + Topher + Laura blabbing about games and ridiculous things
  • Eat your Kimchi: the adventures of Simon and Martina who moved to Kichijoji in Tokyo Japan.
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

the only one i listened to is star talk radio

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Hardcore History by Dan Carlin is great to listen to while you're going to sleep. You can catch them on youtube I'm sure. Wrath of the Khans is all about the rise of the Mongol Empire, and Blueprint for Armageddon covers WW1. Definitely worth checking out if you have an interest in the past.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16873 Posts

I don't listen to a whole lot of podcasts, but the ones I do listen to are:

We Hate Movies: a group of guys who watch bad movies, and give them them the respect they deserve. They've been doing this since 2010:

Www.whmpodcast.com

Bodega Boys: originally starting out on YouTube with their old video podcast Desus vs. Mero, Bronx comedians Desus Nice and The Kid Mero have blown up in recent years with appearances on MTV, The Tonight Show, and their own late night show on Viceland.

https://m.soundcloud.com/bodega-sushi