Do you like bollywood movies?

#1 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10543 posts) -

So my friends, I tried watching some bollywood movies when i learnt that bollywood is largest movie industry in the world and surpassed hollywood so i tried watching it and i realize how bad they are. they feel like some low budget youtube movies with insane amount of songs and dancing, the action is terrible unlike hollywood. in every of thier movies there are song and dancing even if its action movie like it make sense!.

I realize Hollywood even at its worst crap all over bollywood. i dont know how bollywood become larger than hollywood.

heres bollywood remake of Michael Bay movie The Rock

compare it to original Masterpiece like The Rock

The difference is day and night.

so my friends, have you tried watching bollywood? if so what you think of them?

lets discuss

#3 Posted by uninspiredcup (34917 posts) -

Ha, that looks worth a watch.

To answer the question, yes, for the cheese and for the woman, as they basically just hire the most attractive people they can dig up and leave acting secondary.

#4 Posted by carljohnsonCJ (540 posts) -

Best action movie from India currently, chapter 2 releasing soon.

#5 Posted by uninspiredcup (34917 posts) -

@carljohnsoncj said:

Best action movie from India currently, chapter 2 releasing soon.

Loading Video...

Been seeing this one pop up. It's interesting how something can look so expensive and so cool, yet so bad at the same time. It's like they never left the early 90's.

Loading Video...

#6 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10543 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

Ha, that looks worth a watch.

To answer the question, yes, for the cheese and for the woman, as they basically just hire the most attractive people they can dig up and leave acting secondary.

They always copy hollywood and always failed at being. why on earth they have main protagonist who started singing and dancing after every 10 minutes?? why cant they make movies without songs?

i can undertand if its musical movie like Aladdin. it make sense, but in explosive action movies. it feel out of place.

you cant accept John wick who is on mission as one man war against mafia but at mid, he start singing song and dancing with someone. that would be out of place. but if John wick was bollywood movie. John wick would always have love interest, after 10 minutes he start singing some songs etc.

#7 Posted by CrimsonBrute (25450 posts) -

Hell no. Too weird and too low budget.

#8 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10543 posts) -
@crimsonbrute said:

Hell no. Too weird and too low budget.

They use insane amount of budget actually. some of thier actors like khans and bachan are like highest paid actors in world. but they dont use budget on quality and screenplay and wasted on some crappy songs.

#9 Posted by HEATHEN75 (809 posts) -

Maybe if I felt like dabbling with some shrooms or acid again. Don't think I could sit through a full movie of that otherwise.

#10 Posted by Sevenizz (4061 posts) -

Bollywood is popular strictly due to numbers and familiarity with its audience.. There’s what, over a billion people in India? Not to mention how many of them are scattered throughout the globe. If it were quality, Hollywood would’ve ripped them off years ago.

#11 Posted by Volsung (312 posts) -

If you took the lamest things about Hollywood movies and threw them across a huge culture gap you get Bollywood.

#12 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44352 posts) -

The women they cast in them are generally so...damn...fine...but outside of that, no, not really.

@heathen75 said:

Maybe if I felt like dabbling with some shrooms or acid again. Don't think I could sit through a full movie of that otherwise.

*takes acid*

"OOoooooooh. Now I get it"

I still don't it would make sense, though.

#13 Posted by Volsung (312 posts) -

@mrbojangles25 said:

The women they cast in them are generally so...damn...fine...but outside of that, no, not really.

so are the men tbh

#14 Posted by HEATHEN75 (809 posts) -

@mrbojangles25 said:

@heathen75 said:

*takes acid*

It's not about making sense. It's about LYAO. Back in the early 90's a few of us dropped and watched the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Funniest thing I ever saw. The funniest scene being when Leatherface smashed a guy over the head with a mallet and he dropped to the floor and went into convulsions. I had tears running down my face most of the movie. We followed it with Predator 2 and Fantasia.

#15 Posted by Horgen (121112 posts) -

@mrbojangles25 said:

@heathen75 said:

*takes acid*

What doesn't make sense?

#16 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44352 posts) -

@volsung said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

so are the men tbh

They really are.

#17 Edited by watercrack445 (1823 posts) -

Did anybody watched Lagaan? In some high schools they show this movie.

This is one of more serious movies but it has its own funny moments and has many characters with their own character developments.

#18 Posted by johnd13 (9786 posts) -

No they are too weird and silly.

#19 Posted by carljohnsonCJ (540 posts) -

Many new mainstream Bollywood movies sucks ass ( Insult to movie genre as they try to copy Hollywood and fail big time) , classic movies as SHOLAY, MOTHER INDIA, MUGHAL E AZAM, PATHER PANCHALI, ANAND and many others were awesome and they are still watched by many ( Evergreen).PATHER PANCHALI was awarded Academy Award for best foreign film by Audrey Hepburn herself.

Problem of Bollywood is they are copycats.They think scantily clad women in songs matters most over story and acting.

If you wish to enjoy some new movies watch URI: THE SURGICAL STRIKE for starters.Awesome military movie on how indian military retaliates and kills each and every ISI terrorists.

#20 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4976 posts) -

I liked Lagaan.

#21 Posted by judaspete (3127 posts) -

There is a charm to the cheesyness of it, but overall the movies are quite bad. Was really happy to see Priyanka Chopra make the jump to Hollywood. Hopefully some of the others who can actually act follow suit.

#22 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10543 posts) -
@carljohnsoncj said:

Many new mainstream Bollywood movies sucks ass ( Insult to movie genre as they try to copy Hollywood and fail big time) , classic movies as SHOLAY, MOTHER INDIA, MUGHAL E AZAM, PATHER PANCHALI, ANAND and many others were awesome and they are still watched by many ( Evergreen).PATHER PANCHALI was awarded Academy Award for best foreign film by Audrey Hepburn herself.

Old bollywood movies suck too. even more big time with more and more song sequence etc.

in 80s and 90s, Hollywood was still far ahead.

#23 Posted by mj2019 (10 posts) -

I don't like Bollywood movies. I'd rather watch Japanese movies instead.