Do you have Straight Pride or know anyone with one?

• 101 results
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Just wondering if there is such a thing called Straight Pride where straight people could post how proud they are to be straight and let people know they're straight?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

No

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Yeah the parade happens the same time as White History Month or Cis Male Week.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Homosexuality discussions are cool again. Finally!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#5 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I think so; you can find plenty of that right here on GS...for every one of our users who says they're gay 30 feel the need to come up saying they're straight.

And then there's threads like this one =D

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By RichieTickles
Member since 2014 • 424 Posts

I don't feel the need to annouce my sexuality. It's nobody's biniss what I do with my penis.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@richietickles said:

I don't feel the need to annouce my sexuality. It's nobody's biniss what I do with my penis.

Is that because you don't do anything with it?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@gago-gago said:

Just wondering if there is such a thing called Straight Pride where straight people could post how proud they are to be straight and let people know they're straight?

I saw this quote and thought it summed it up quite nicely:

"Gay Pride was not born of a need to celebrate being gay, but our right to exist without persecution. So instead of wondering why there isn't a 'Straight Pride' movement, be thankful you don't need one."

-Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Byshop: Nice. I'll keep it for later use.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

What's there to be proud of? I've never been oppressed.

sonic__323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 sonic__323
Member since 2007 • 23684 Posts

@Byshop said:
@gago-gago said:

"Gay Pride was not born of a need to celebrate being gay, but our right to exist without persecution. So instead of wondering why there isn't a 'Straight Pride' movement, be thankful you don't need one."

-Byshop

nailed it

/discussion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@CallMeDuraSouka: We had a thread last week of a user "coming out" and there were 5 pages of people saying "I'm straight". Sadly the user turned out to be a troll and the thread had to be deleted.

AndroD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AndroD
Member since 2015 • 10 Posts

Straight pride flag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@CallMeDuraSouka: I gave you the latest example. My job here is not to go search for stuff for you. If you're interested, search for it yourself =) Besides, I could use you to sum up the users of GS; that would have been a lot worse ;-) Go bait your mom =P

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

It's always odd to see people have such a huge lack of awareness about this kind of thing.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Right up there with people being all confused about why some people feel the need to come out and say they are gay in the public sphere, like they can't imagine that one possible reason is to give support for those who haven't and are struggling with that decision or with things in general.

AndroD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AndroD
Member since 2015 • 10 Posts

Obama 2008 discussion of gay "marriage" where he tells one gigantic lie about himself followed by an honest confession about the state of law in the US (the same one used to rationalize gay "marriage").

"I believe the instituion of marriage is between 1 man and 1 woman, and for me as a Christian it's also a sacred institution. God's in the mix". "We have not defined marriage in our constitution."

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@CallMeDuraSouka: Who am I stereotyping? The fact is that a lot of the users in that thread did reply with "I'm straight"; whether the TC was a troll or not wasn't known at the time the users posted. It's also a fact that every time one of our users admits to be gay a lot of people reply with "I'm straight". Does that mean that most of our users act that way? Of course not, but there's always a lot more users letting us know they're straight than users letting us know they're gay...whether or not you believe me is not my problem.

Also, I'm not fighting any fight and have no idea what you are talking about. I'm celebrating a decision that is to my liking, that is all. And save your insults, they're weak and make you look bad =)

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22  Edited By byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

Gotta be one of the snarkiest threads I've seen in a while. GJ, lovin' it.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38675 Posts

@gago-gago: sure it can exist. but nobody give a shit enough to pay attention to it

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I believe having pride in anything is stupid. I'm not that arrogant and insecure.

edwise18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 edwise18
Member since 2008 • 1533 Posts

@Byshop said:
@gago-gago said:

-Byshop

Yeah. This.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@toast_burner said:
@richietickles said:

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

@toast_burner said:
@richietickles said:

lol'd

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@Byshop said:
@gago-gago said:

-Byshop

these were my thoughts, but more eloquently stated than what I was inevitably going to put.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@Serraph105 said:

these were my thoughts, but more eloquently stated than what I was inevitably going to put.

It's a great quote. I wish I could take credit for it.

-Byshop

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean by straight pride. If it means being proud of being straight then yes I guess I do have straight pride.

I'm mostly proud of the fact that I will get to have kids of my own and have a woman whose contrasting traits would complete mine. That's why I truly feel sad for gays. They do get angry when you say it's an illness but these are the reasons I think of it as an illness. I mean if someone would have told me that I and my partner won't be able to have a kid of our owns, or that I won't be able to be romantically in love with someone so different and fresh that she belongs to an entirely different gender, then I would get sad.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

Yeah the parade happens the same time as White History Month or Cis Male Week.

BAHAHAHAH I only just saw this, love it

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 chaoscougar1

@alim298 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by straight pride. If it means being proud of being straight then yes I guess I do have straight pride.

I'm mostly proud of the fact that I will get to have kids of my own and have a woman whose contrasting traits would complete mine. That's why I truly feel sad for gays. They do get angry when you say it's an illness but these are the reasons I think of it as an illness. I mean if someone would have told me that I and my partner won't be able to have a kid of our owns, or that I won't be able to be romantically in love with someone so different and fresh that she belongs to an entirely different gender, then I would get sad.

With that kind of mentality
I feel sad for you

garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts

There is no such thing as straight pride as straight people have never been prosecuted for their sexuality, killed over hate crimes or faced any other kind of discrimination.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 alim298

@chaoscougar1 said:
@alim298 said:

I feel sad for you

Explain yourself because I'm starting to feel sad for you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@alim298 said:
@chaoscougar1 said:
@alim298 said:

I feel sad for you

You clearly lack empathy which in turn means you can't have a very good social life. Normal people aren't this bitter about stuff that doesn't effect them.

If the thought of gay people upsets you then you must be incredibly weak minded.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By alim298
@toast_burner said:

You clearly lack empathy which in turn means you can't have a very good social life. Normal people aren't this bitter about stuff that doesn't effect them.

If the thought of gay people upsets you then you must be incredibly weak minded.

You're kidding right? I'm simply stating the obvious. Gays can't have kids of their own. If someone would have told me that me or my wife are infertile then I would have felt really sad. That's literally what empathy means since I feel the same feeling for gays also. I feel sad for them that they can't have kids of their own.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@alim298 said:
@toast_burner said:

You're kidding right? I'm simply stating the obvious. Gays can't have kids of their own. If someone would have told me that me or my wife are infertile then I would have gotten really sad. That's literally what empathy means since I feel the same feeling for gays also. I feel sad for them that they can't have kids of their own.

Empathy does not mean assuming people are sad. It means to understand what someone will be feeling from their own perspective.

If what you see in that picture is sadness, then you have some serious mental issues.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By alim298

@toast_burner said:

Empathy does not mean assuming people are sad. It means to understand what someone will be feeling from their own perspective.

If what you see in that picture is sadness, then you have some serious mental issues.

To some people it matters to some it doesn't.

People are sometimes happy about certain things and other times are sad about certain things.

Your point being?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@alim298 said:
@toast_burner said:

To some people it matters to some don't. People are sometimes happy about certain things and other times are sad about certain things.

Your point being?

My point is that you clearly lack empathy.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By chaoscougar1
@alim298 said:
@chaoscougar1 said:
@alim298 said:

I feel sad for you

Just because you cannot understand their sexual orientation does not mean its an illness nor do they need your pity
Yourself and a female partner going through infertility has no correlation between homosexuality
You're basing your "sadness" on the theory that if you were gay, you would have the same inclinations and understanding of the world you do now
Which makes no sense

garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts

@alim298 said:
@toast_burner said:

You're kidding right? I'm simply stating the obvious. Gays can't have kids of their own. If someone would have told me that me or my wife are infertile then I would have felt really sad. That's literally what empathy means since I feel the same feeling for gays also. I feel sad for them that they can't have kids of their own.

Gay couples can have kids of their own. Surrogacy, reciprocal IVF, IUI. Expensive, but possible. Being gay doesn't make you infertile.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By alim298

@chaoscougar1: @toast_burner: You guys clearly didn't understand what I was saying because of your hatred. Goodbye.

@garathe_den said:

Gay couples can have kids of their own. Surrogacy, reciprocal IVF, IUI. Expensive, but possible. Being gay doesn't make you infertile.

No they can't. In all those treatments, only one of them is the real biological parent.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@alim298 said:

@chaoscougar1: @toast_burner: You guys clearly didn't understand what I was saying because of your hatred. Goodbye.

@garathe_den said:

No they can't. In all those treatments, only one of them is the real biological parent.

And you clearly don't understand what we're saying. Assuming that gays must be sad because if you were put in a similar (although in reality not similar at all) situation you would be sad, makes no sense at all.

What empathy means is to see something from someone else's perspective. Yet you are unable to see anything from any other perspective than your own. Therefore you lack empathy.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 chaoscougar1
@alim298 said:

Wait
What?

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@Byshop said:
@gago-gago said:

-Byshop

I think that sums it up nicely.

And no I don't have stright pride, I just am (straight).

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 alim298

@chaoscougar1: @toast_burner: Sigh...

I'm simply stating the obvious and you're simply dodging it. Not being able to have a kid of your own can make people sad. Some people may don't mind and move on while to some other people it may be a big deal. I feel sad for those gays who have the dignity to accept the truth of the matter. That by choosing a partner from the same sex, they're preventing themselves or at least that other partner from having a kid of his/her own. It's not a perfect situation and if there was a way to make it perfect, then that would be better. And when there's something to be lost here (the possibility of having a kid of your own) you can't say it's perfect. You can't say there's no difference. You can't say there's no harm in it and you can't say it's great. There's something to be lost in the process. And that is sad. No matter how you look at it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@alim298 said:

@chaoscougar1: @toast_burner: Sigh...

I'm simply stating the obvious and you're simply dodging it. Not being able to have a kid of your own can make people sad. Some people may don't mind and move on while to some other people it may be a big deal. I feel sad for those gays who have the dignity to accept the truth of the matter. That by choosing a partner from the same sex, they're preventing themselves or at least that other partner from having a kid of his/her own. It's not a perfect situation and if there was a way to make it perfect, then that would be better. And when there's something to be lost here (the possibility of having a kid of your own) you can't say it's perfect. You can't say there's no difference. You can't say there's no harm in it and you can't say it's great. There's something to be lost in the process. And that is sad. No matter how you look at it.

Again you're refusing to look at it from a gay persons perspective. A gay person is... wait for it... gay. I know that may come as a shock to you but thats the simple truth of it.

A gay person choosing to be with someone of the same sex is not preventing them from having a partner of the opposite sex, since that isn't really an option in the first place.

Since you don't have any empathy lets use a hypothetical situation that can apply to you. You find out you are infertile and you really want a child. You contact the orphanage but they say that due to some law made by some fuckwit that they only let gay couples adopt. Would you then marry a guy just for the sole purpose of having a child?

If you won't marry a guy, sleep with him and live with him for the rest of your life. Why on earth would you expect a gay man to get into a relationship with a woman?