DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8770 Posts

I don't have any. I moved to another state and so now I don't have any real life friends.

How about you?

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15993 Posts

Just a few; from my church. I'm mostly a loner.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I haven't any friends since I was in school I would barely call them friends I was born a loner my sister is the complete opposite of me and is a social butterfly funny how that is.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Like around 5 that I normally talk to. Any more than that and I can't really keep up.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

I don't like nobody IRL. But I do make friends from online gaming sessions on Steam from time to time when we game altogether.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

Yeah, quite a few friends, though probably just a handful that I keep up with regularly. And I'm kinda being forced to become friends with the parents of my kid's friends.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

zero

Still used to meed with a few from school days 3-4 years ago, but one of them moved to Scotland, one turned into a nationalist and joined a closeted nazi party, the third became a hardcore christian, got married, has 3 kids, so we no longer have much in common. The covid lockdowns pretty much sealed the deal on me being a complete loner.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I have a group of 7-8 close friends who I met in university. We still talk daily on messaging services, play games together, hang out. Some of them have moved abroad but we're still as close as 10 years ago.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

I would if I put in more effort.

I mean I do have friends they're just not good friends. We hang out at work and shoot the shit and I'm sure if I called them up to hang out they'd be like "Sure, sounds good". But I don't.

Anxiety is a bitch.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts
@rmpumper said:

zero

Still used to meed with a few from school days 3-4 years ago, but one of them moved to Scotland, one turned into a nationalist and joined a closeted nazi party, the third became a hardcore christian, got married, has 3 kids, so we no longer have much in common. The covid lockdowns pretty much sealed the deal on me being a complete loner.

When your friends get married and have kids and you don't, it makes it really tough to maintain a traditional friendship with them.

I mean it's not like it's a bad thing, it's just...it is what it is. Priorities change, things happen. Just kind of a bummer.

Also the burden of being flexible falls to you, unfortunately. Cuz they have the kids and you don't, so you're always the one who has to go visit haha. KInd of sucks and adds to resentment but whatever.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

My best friends are from early school, and I have a few more I've met along the way. Many? Iunno.. maybe 5 or 6.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Nowhere near as many as i used to. Everyone grew the hell up.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

I'm a loser.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 GNS
Member since 2015 • 921 Posts

Not any more: some moved away, some simply don't bother to catch up and some have other priorities like taking care of their newborns.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

I have had a lot of friends over the years from a wide array of backgrounds. Since the pandemic, my friends have numbered down a bit, but that's fine because the ones that stuck around are the quality ones.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1144 Posts

Four whom I actively get together with, two whom I see almost daily. I interact with them all via text all the time. Three others I see once a week due to schedules.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

4. That'll grow soon. Just moved and I would expect to have more friends soon. Especially after spring. It's fun getting to know new people.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

I have about 10 good friends I've mostly known since the early 90's. We get together still for poker, fantasy football, BBQ's and the occasional concert. Half of them still game and we get together on Xbox most weekends.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

yeah of course.

i have circles of friends, ironically a bit like the shitty doomed to fail google plus concept.

inner circle i.e. see / speak to multiple times per week, mid circle i.e. every couple of weeks, outer circle i.e. every month or so. by the time you reach my age youve pruned all the shit ones and dead heads and are left with just the real good ones. proper mates.

haven't used shit like facebook for 12+ years so actually have to make human contact rather than getting their life updates through their social posts and that has kept me real tight with them. love them to bits, relationships with friends are one of the most worthwhile investments you'll ever make. so much positive energy from good mates

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#21 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

I have 2 ok friends,not extremely close. I text either of them two or three times a week and once in awhile go to Tim’s for a coffee. I knew hundreds and hundreds of people over the nearly 50 years and was only close to a couple of them. One died and the other I lost touch with. I’m pretty much a loner for a number of years now.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3398 Posts

My small core group stays relatively the same for the last 20/15 years. My outside group went from around 100 to 0.

I just lost interest in meaningless interactions but I'm not sure cutting from trivial relations was that healthy. Might have turned me into a much more intolerant person. So I've been thinking on reverting that.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@warmblur said:

I haven't any friends since I was in school I would barely call them friends I was born a loner my sister is the complete opposite of me and is a social butterfly funny how that is.

Yeah same. My sister is like Ms. Extrovert and I‘m the complete opposite.

—————

I‘m chronically sick and I don’t have a lot of energy to go around, and people/friends are exhausting. Half of my day is usually spent laying in bed, then I’m Doordashing or doing some other gig employment if I feel up to it. I’m also Bipolar II which can make relationships difficult to form, much less maintain. Lot of paranoia and unpredictability with mental illness, and I’ve discovered most aren’t too tolerant to this.

I also moved all the way across the country in ‘18, so all my old friends where I was raised are like 2k+ miles away and as I don’t use social media at all and they do, we’ve largely fallen out of contact. It’s much easier to make friends when you’re younger….middle age everyone has settled into their lives which is very defined, not like high school or college where everyone is essentially in the same vague boat and stage in life.

I’m ok being a loner actually, the only thing is I desire a partner as I’ve certain…..needs…..I’d like to satisfy. I’m hopeful it will eventually happen, and am working on a plan but it may take a bit of time to implement.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@warmblur said:

Yeah same. My sister is like Ms. Extrovert and I‘m the complete opposite.

—————

I‘m chronically sick and I don’t have a lot of energy to go around, and people/friends are exhausting. Half of my day is usually spent laying in bed, then I’m Doordashing or doing some other gig employment if I feel up to it. I’m also Bipolar II which can make relationships difficult to form, much less maintain. Lot of paranoia and unpredictability with mental illness, and I’ve discovered most aren’t too tolerant to this.

I also moved all the way across the country in ‘18, so all my old friends where I was raised are like 2k+ miles away and as I don’t use social media at all and they do, we’ve largely fallen out of contact. It’s much easier to make friends when you’re younger….middle age everyone has settled into their lives which is very defined, not like high school or college where everyone is essentially in the same vague boat and stage in life.

I’m ok being a loner actually, the only thing is I desire a partner as I’ve certain…..needs…..I’d like to satisfy. I’m hopeful it will eventually happen, and am working on a plan but it may take a bit of time to implement.

I can relate I have clinical depression for most of my life and other chronic health issues along with a family that has alot of health issues I have a strong hatred for life but I don't want to go on a nihilist rant lol.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#25 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Not too many. I like to keep my circle small. I'm more family orientated.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Not really. Maybe a couple but they are mostly from uni.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

Used to throughout the years. Some I burned bridges with. Some we just grew up and moved away and have our own lives now. Kinda stinks because I wouldn't mind seeing several of my old friends but I'll just deal with it. I've got my wife and my folks to shoot the shit with. It is what it is.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

I did but they all ended up getting in my way.