Do you have any strong nostalgia for certain past years?

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3794 Posts

When you look back is there certain years you just miss so much and wish you could go back? for me I just love the culture of the late 80's up to 1993 music was so amazing at this time and experimental too so much creativity same goes for movies and tv. Everything just felt so fresh and exciting to me and yes it's probably because I was young and not yet jaded by everything. What about you?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 37052 Posts

1990's.

Terminator 2. Trainspotting. Pulp Fiction. Batman Returns. Dragonbollock Z. Street Fighter II. Sega. Baywatch. Star Trek TNG/DS9. British comedy was actually good etc...

Half the shit I watch on Netflix is from the 90's, and one of the main reasons I still subscribe, easy access to old people shit.

watercrack445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By watercrack445
Member since 2017 • 2172 Posts

The early morning Saturday cartoon shows.

I remember Pokemon, TMNT, Digimon, Yu-gi-oh, Batman animated tv show, ect

The american cartoons has changed drastically from the past and I think they got just more worse.

Ovirew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#5 Ovirew
Member since 2008 • 9308 Posts

Funnily enough, not for the long-gone past. I try not to look at things through rose-colored glasses so much. As much as I liked a lot of things about the 90's, I know I equally disliked a lot about that time, and it sucked sometimes.

But more recent years, yeah kinda. I guess even though they were also crappy times, 2002-2007 or so hold a lot of good memories for me too. 2016, it was a pretty big year of change for me and I miss certain things from it. 2017 was mostly peaceful. There are certain moments I wish I could go back to from time to time.

But really, I am happy it's 2020. Hard to say how it'll go, the year has yet to prove itself, but I am so happy to have the last two crappy years under my belt.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#6 madrocketeer  Online
Member since 2005 • 6931 Posts

Nope. As I said before, I consider nostalgia to be a form of delusional utopianism. Dwelling in the past incentivises stagnation. Absolute stagnation equals effective regression.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 34382 Posts

Maybe 2004, this was the first half of my senior year in high school and I was in marching band and we did incredibly awesome that year at pretty much every competition and finished the strongest of any year in our school's history.

Beyond that? Nah, I've got a wife who I love a ton, a house, a couple of cats and life is pretty damn good right about now.

Maybe if I could be older while reliving certain decades (provided a job is not necessary) then perhaps I could find a year or two, but I assume that bills don't just go away in this scenario.

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1941 Posts

There are parts of the early 2000s I loved and parts I hated. Middle school was the worst time I had in my scholastic experience, but sneaking up at 3-4 am and playing age of mythology online were some of my fondest gaming experiences.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 9

#9 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2253 Posts

Yeah. Most notably 2009-2011.

Could go into a lot but playing the original Xbox with friends for the first time were some good times. Being introduced to Halo CE & Fable is something I’ll never forget.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#10 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 79707 Posts

Yeah, the mid-90s. It just seemed that everything we better. Better rap and hip hop, better TV shows, better movies. PlayStation also changed how I saw video games. Lots of great games with new ideas.