Do you favor a particular Bible verse? Tell us.

• 198 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#1 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Topic

It can be an all-time or current favorite.

My current favorite is Ephesians 6:11:

"Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." 

I honestly feel the Holy Spirit when I speak the verse out loud. 

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
Ezekiel 23:20: There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. It's like bad erotic fanfiction writing.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

The one about getting stoned.

rocinante_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rocinante_
Member since 2012 • 1772 Posts

can't recite any off hand, but it'd prob be something jesus said. cool guy, in my book

JustBeYourself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JustBeYourself
Member since 2012 • 686 Posts
A lot of the Jesus stuff is actually pretty sweet, he woulda been an awesome guy to be around were he real. A lot of other atheists are clearly too hung up on the Old Testament...it's like we're talking about Christianity, not Judaism nitwits.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man. She must be quiet." (1 Timothy 2:12) "Wives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:22) "Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse." (1 Peter 2:18) "...as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them." (2 Kings 2:23-24) Just a few of many.
Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

A lot of the Jesus stuff is actually pretty sweet, he woulda been an awesome guy to be around were he real. A lot of other atheists are clearly too hung up on the Old Testament...it's like we're talking about Christianity, not Judaism nitwits.JustBeYourself

Jesus was a real person

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

2 Kings 2:23-24

King James Version (KJV)

23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee." Ezekiel 25:17

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 branketra
[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]Ezekiel 23:20: There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. It's like bad erotic fanfiction writing.

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man. She must be quiet." (1 Timothy 2:12) "Wives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:22) "Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse." (1 Peter 2:18) "...as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them." (2 Kings 2:23-24) Just a few of many.

Are these the respective favorite verses for you two? I am just clarifying.
maheo30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 maheo30
Member since 2006 • 5102 Posts

The Shema:

4 Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one!5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

-- Deut. 6 --

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
[QUOTE="BranKetra"]Are these the respective favorite verses for you two? I am just clarifying.

Yes, it illustrates to me just how out of touch most Christians are with their religion.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Ezekiel 23:20: There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. It's like bad erotic fanfiction writing.XilePrincess

liberalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 liberalus
Member since 2013 • 791 Posts

all of the verses in the bible are horrible.....personally i prefer better works of mythology.

pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pie-junior
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee." Ezekiel 25:17

Aljosa23
That's not a real verse.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 branketra
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="BranKetra"]Are these the respective favorite verses for you two? I am just clarifying.

Yes, it illustrates to me just how out of touch most Christians are with their religion.

In my opinion, because the books of the Bible were written in cultures different than our own and despite being the living word of God, some verses are not applicable in every nation because every nation was not founded with a Christian-centric government, so Christians adapt for stability of this religion's future. Whether adaptation at the cost of excluding certain Christian ideals from everyday life contributes to the overall well-being of the religion is debatable.
liberalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 liberalus
[QUOTE="BranKetra"] In my opinion, because the books of the Bible were written in cultures different than our own and despite being the living word of God, some verses are not applicable in every nation because every nation was not founded with a Christian-centric government, so Christians adapt for stability of this religion's future. Whether adaptation at the cost of excluding certain Christian ideals from everyday life contributes to the overall well-being of the religion is debatable.

all i hear: blablabla excuses blablabla excuses blablabla religion is dumb and a way that greedy corporatists and govt officials control people.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 branketra
[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

pie-junior
That's not a real verse.

The real verse is in there, but the rest was added. Ezekial 25:17: "I will execute great vengeance on them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I lay My vengeance upon them."
OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 OrkHammer007
Member since 2006 • 4753 Posts

John 8:7. "When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, 'Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.'"

Take that, WBC.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

A lot of the Jesus stuff is actually pretty sweet, he woulda been an awesome guy to be around were he real. A lot of other atheists are clearly too hung up on the Old Testament...it's like we're talking about Christianity, not Judaism nitwits.JustBeYourself

You should probably tell that to the Christians who are only too happy to evoke the Old Testament (at least when it's convenient for them, they will, of course, turn around and disavow it when it's inconvenient).

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 branketra
[QUOTE="liberalus"][QUOTE="BranKetra"] In my opinion, because the books of the Bible were written in cultures different than our own and despite being the living word of God, some verses are not applicable in every nation because every nation was not founded with a Christian-centric government, so Christians adapt for stability of this religion's future. Whether adaptation at the cost of excluding certain Christian ideals from everyday life contributes to the overall well-being of the religion is debatable.

all i hear: blablabla excuses blablabla excuses blablabla religion is dumb and a way that greedy corporatists and govt officials control people.

Can we please not turn this into a conspiracy thread?
liberalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 liberalus

[QUOTE="liberalus"][QUOTE="BranKetra"] In my opinion, because the books of the Bible were written in cultures different than our own and despite being the living word of God, some verses are not applicable in every nation because every nation was not founded with a Christian-centric government, so Christians adapt for stability of this religion's future. Whether adaptation at the cost of excluding certain Christian ideals from everyday life contributes to the overall well-being of the religion is debatable. BranKetra

not a conspirary. religion has been used as a methodology of controlling the masses by corrupt and poweri hungry leaders. go read a book or somthing.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 branketra

[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="liberalus"] all i hear: blablabla excuses blablabla excuses blablabla religion is dumb and a way that greedy corporatists and govt officials control people. liberalus

not a conspirary. religion has been used as a methodology of controlling the masses by corrupt and poweri hungry leaders. go read a book or somthing.

I do not consider the foundation of Christianity to have been corrupt which is the most important aspect of it.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
anything from the beginning of eccallistisses...eccalisticces.... that one
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
"He [Jesus] said: 'I am indeed a servant of God. He has given me revelation and made me a prophet; He has made me blessed wheresoever I be; and He has enjoined on me prayer and charity as long as I live. He has made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable. So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)!' Such was Jesus the son of Mary. It is a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) God that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! When He determines a matter, He only says to it, 'Be,' and it is" (19:30-35).
Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Tropictrain
Member since 2010 • 4863 Posts

"Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not."

Jeremiah 10:2-4

Just because I think it's funny. Since this is pretty much how we celebrate the birth of Jesus now. God must be pretty mad. 

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

Idk, but I use to rip out blank pages...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

pie-junior

That's not a real verse.

You_Dont_Say

awesomeface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 awesomeface
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
"He grants a treasure of good sense to the godly. He is their shield, protecting those who walk with integrity." Proverbs 2:7
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

small_fiatlux.jpg.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
"And yay, on that day god decided to motorboat taeshonda. And yay, she enjoyed it." -Ezekiel 21:49
Jethawk11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jethawk11
Member since 2011 • 296 Posts

The Bible is a goldmine for violent, misogynistic, and pro-slavery messages. Here are just a few golden nuggets.

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. Get out of here, baldy! they said. Get out of here, baldy! He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys. (2 Kings 2:23-24)

This is what the Lord Almighty says: I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys. (1 Samuel 15:2-3)

Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man. (Numbers 31:17-18)

I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. (2 Timothy 2:12)

Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. (Exodus 21:17)

Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property. (Exodus 21:20-21)

A day of the Lord is coming, Jerusalem, when your possessions will be plundered and divided up within your very walls. I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city. (Zechariah 14:1-2) 

If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death. The young woman because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another mans wife. You must purge the evil from among you. (Deuteronomy 22:23-24)

If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29)

When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies. (Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. (Exodus 21:7-8)

And if anyone still prophesies, their father and mother, to whom they were born, will say to them, You must die, because you have told lies in the Lords name. Then their own parents will stab the one who prophesies.  (Zechariah 13:3)]

If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. (Leviticus 20:13)

Whether or not these verses are still an affect today in Christianity is irrelevant. The fact that Yahweh would command or condone such acts in any context is disgusting. Rape, for example, is not simply ok in certain contexts.

Jimn_tonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jimn_tonic
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

Phil 4:8: Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things.

think happy thoughts :D

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 wis3boi

"And yay, on that day god decided to motorboat taeshonda. And yay, she enjoyed it." -Ezekiel 21:49chrisrooR

:lol:

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

[QUOTE="JustBeYourself"]A lot of the Jesus stuff is actually pretty sweet, he woulda been an awesome guy to be around were he real. A lot of other atheists are clearly too hung up on the Old Testament...it's like we're talking about Christianity, not Judaism nitwits.worlock77

You should probably tell that to the Christians who are only too happy to evoke the Old Testament (at least when it's convenient for them, they will, of course, turn around and disavow it when it's inconvenient).

That's the biggest problem I have with many of my fellow Christians. I can understand different interpretations, but one should at least seek to be consistent in his method of interpretation.
Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts
Hosea 13:16 "The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; Their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open" It really drives home the barbaric and bloodthirsty nature of the biblical god character. I'm rather fond of the passage with him accepting human sacrifice for the same reason.
Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts
Whether or not these verses are still an affect today in Christianity is irrelevant. The fact that Yahweh would command or condone such acts in any context is disgusting. Rape, for example, is not simply ok in certain contexts.Jethawk11
Exactly. The Old Testament still matters because it showcases the character of the god that Christians spend eternity in the presence of, which is their "reward" for accepting Jesus. For as much as they profess that the OT doesn't count anymore, it's funny that they have to go to the OT for proof that homosexuality is an abomination, (because Jesus never talked about it) and ignore the fact that it also calls shellfish, for example, an abomination. I can just picture a bunch of Christian politicians sitting around, crafting legislation to oppress homosexuals, then going home to a hot lobster dinner, just so utterly convinced of their righteousness.
Avatar image for dr_mindbender12
dr_mindbender12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 dr_mindbender12
Member since 2006 • 320 Posts

He said, Teacher, which command in the law is the most important?

Jesus answered, Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.This is the first and most important command.And the second command is like the first: Love your neighbor the same as you love yourself. All of the law and the writings of the prophets take their meaning from these two commands.

Matthew 22:36-40

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#40 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
Some passages from Psalms "Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers,"
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

small_fiatlux.jpg.

konvikt_17
lol
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="XilePrincess"]Ezekiel 23:20: There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. It's like bad erotic fanfiction writing.

Are these the respective favorite verses for you two? I am just clarifying.

Hey, any time the bible can squeeze in donkey d*cks, I'm a fan.
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. Luke 23:43 It is just such a powerful verse. So many times, practically everday I have those moments I just don't know what I am doing or what to do.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

i like the part that was plagiarized from the ancient egyptian religion.

oh wait, that's most of it.

;)

edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts

Deuteronomy 25:11-12

If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#46 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumbass speaking with mais voice, forbade the madness of the Prophet. - Peter 2:16

Hehehe, they said "dumbass."

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

i like the part that was plagiarized from the ancient egyptian religion.

oh wait, that's most of it.

;)

Riverwolf007
There is nothing new under sun
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 branketra

The Bible is a goldmine for violent, misogynistic, and pro-slavery messages. Here are just a few golden nuggets.

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. Get out of here, baldy! they said. Get out of here, baldy! He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys. (2 Kings 2:23-24)

This is what the Lord Almighty says: I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys. (1 Samuel 15:2-3)

Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man. (Numbers 31:17-18)

I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. (2 Timothy 2:12)

Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. (Exodus 21:17)

Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property. (Exodus 21:20-21)

A day of the Lord is coming, Jerusalem, when your possessions will be plundered and divided up within your very walls. I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city. (Zechariah 14:1-2) 

If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death. The young woman because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another mans wife. You must purge the evil from among you. (Deuteronomy 22:23-24)

If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29)

When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies. (Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. (Exodus 21:7-8)

And if anyone still prophesies, their father and mother, to whom they were born, will say to them, You must die, because you have told lies in the Lords name. Then their own parents will stab the one who prophesies.  (Zechariah 13:3)]

If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. (Leviticus 20:13)

Whether or not these verses are still an affect today in Christianity is irrelevant. The fact that Yahweh would command or condone such acts in any context is disgusting. Rape, for example, is not simply ok in certain contexts.

Jethawk11
Do you favor those verses?
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 branketra
[QUOTE="JasonDarksavior"]Some passages from Psalms "Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers,"

I like that one.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 wis3boi

2 kings 2

2:23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. 

2:24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.