Do you disrespect transgender people?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

no,but i don't want them anywhere near me tbh. i hate it when sexuality is over expressed.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

no,but i don't want them anywhere near me tbh. i hate it when sexuality is over expressed.

VaguelyTagged
Not all trans* folks are sexually expressive. Some are even asexual, just like some non-trans* folks.
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
I once asked this tranny the size of a pro linebacker for a stick of gum once... he/she gave me the gum and I said thanks...
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

I once asked this tranny the size of a pro linebacker for a stick of gum once... he/she gave me the gum and I said thanks...jeremiah06

The term "tranny" is considered derogatory by some.

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"]

Not all trans* folks are sexually expressive. Some are even asexual, just like some non-trans* folks.

Perhaps they are just saying that the only way you know someone is a transgender is through sexual expression or verbal proclamation. You don't need to know their sexuality to hang out nor religion. All those non important facts do is add possibly annoying elements to the otherwise simple easy going interaction. If I never, ever, intend to fuvk that person then do I really benefit/need to know their sexuality?

At some point you end up tip toeing around all these people in your little group that it makes it easier just to not hang out anymore.
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Pffrbt

Perhaps they are just saying that the only way you know someone is a transgender is through sexual expression or verbal proclamation. You don't need to know their sexuality to hang out nor religion. All those non important facts do is add possibly annoying elements to the otherwise simple easy going interaction. If I never, ever, intend to fuvk that person then do I really benefit/need to know their sexuality? CreasianDevaili

A person's gender isn't their sexuality though, and it isn't exactly non-important. It's a key part of their identity, same goes for if you were talking about someone's sexuality.

CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 CreasianDevaili

[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"]Perhaps they are just saying that the only way you know someone is a transgender is through sexual expression or verbal proclamation. You don't need to know their sexuality to hang out nor religion. All those non important facts do is add possibly annoying elements to the otherwise simple easy going interaction. If I never, ever, intend to fuvk that person then do I really benefit/need to know their sexuality? Pffrbt

A person's gender isn't their sexuality though, and it isn't exactly non-important. It's a key part of their identity, same goes for if you were talking about someone's sexuality.

I am well aware that gender does not equate to a preset sexuality. That was why i said there is a need for sexual expression or verbal proclamation. The same can be said that one's friendship to another does not equate to a preset such as what gender or sexuality that they are. As such, it is not a key part of the identity of the friendship itself.

I have never, ever, needed to know someone's gender or sexuality to be their friend. Nor has that information ever been a boon or lack thereof detrimental to the friendship. If I wanted to bang them, then yeah that information is needed of course. But aside from that It is not a factor.

Can you list something aside from people wanting to walk around like a nascar with logos and stickers all over them?

Edit: Do i really need to go into what I mean by sexual expression?
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Pffrbt

I have never, ever, needed to know someone's gender or sexuality to be their friend.CreasianDevaili

I can't imagine why someone would want to be your friend if you can't be bothered to refer to them as the proper gender or respect their sexuality simply because making either of those clear would upset you for some reason.

CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 CreasianDevaili

[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"]I have never, ever, needed to know someone's gender or sexuality to be their friend.Pffrbt

I can't imagine why someone would want to be your friend if you can't be bothered to refer to them as the proper gender or respect their sexuality simply because making either of those clear would upset you for some reason.

I refer to my friends by their name. I have never, ever, referred to one friend i've known since a kid as a heterosexual male. Do you do that? So would you refer to your friend Tom, as the transgender born again christian? That is rather strange and somewhat weird. Should I introduce Stacy as the lesbian arm cutting wiccan?

I am asking you how one needs such information in a friendship where neither gender or sexuality is a factor. How one respects another's sexuality when sexuality isn't a part of the friendship. Push aside the petty methods or trying to insult me and at least try and act like you can defend your position.
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Pffrbt

I refer to my friends by their name. I have never, ever, referred to one friend i've known since a kid as a heterosexual male. Do you do that? So would you refer to your friend Tom, as the transgender born again christian? That is rather strange and somewhat weird. Should I introduce Stacy as the lesbian arm cutting wiccan?
Obviously not what I'm talking about. These things come up in and affect conversations. If you're having a conversation of relationships/sex with a guy that isn't attracted to women obviously his sexuality is going to be a factor in thatand will probably come up (unless he's talking to someone like you who's going to get bent out of shape when anyone brings up their sexuality as anything other than straight). It's happened to me and I've never brought up any of these topics on my own, and I just had topretend my waythrough the conversation because I didn't feel comfortable making it clear who I was.I imaginethe same thing could happen to a transgender person.

I am asking you how one needs such information in a friendship where neither gender or sexuality is a factor.
Because it is a factor. Obviously someone doesn't want to be treated as male if they identify as female and obviously someone doesn't want to be spoken to as if they're attracted to the opposite sex when they really aren't.
How one respects another's sexuality when sexuality isn't a part of the friendship.CreasianDevaili

Because you should respect someone's sexuality/gender if you actually want to have a friendship with them.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11124 Posts

I treat them like everybody else.

-Toshy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 -Toshy-
Member since 2008 • 1376 Posts
The opposite was true for the trans women, iirc.Lockedge
So are you saying that they don't experience phantom limb syndrome? That's understandable. As you mentioned, in SRS they are using the equipment that you already have. So in a sense the penis is still there, but in a different form. This way, the brain still receives a signal from it and doesn't attempt to compensate for a lack of signal like the soldiers in the study you mentioned.
junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

I have no problem with them and no reason to disrespect anyone who doesn't deserve it.

norm41x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 norm41x
Member since 2011 • 813 Posts

I'm personally still trying to get used to the idea that they are out there. Its still weird for me knowing that a woman could be a man (Or was once a man). What bothers me is the idea that one could be flirting with me and I wouldn't know the difference. I don't disrespect them, but I do still find it pretty weird. My friend has a trans friend and showed me his pictures. She asked me if I thought "She" was cute, I said yeah. Next thing I know, I'm being laughed at: "HAHA! YOU LIKE MEN NORM???". So yeah. That sucks.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
I disrespect them because they don't appreciate that they have private parts and want to cut it off...... and not because of their sexual orientation
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

I'm personally still trying to get used to the idea that they are out there. Its still weird for me knowing that a woman could be a man (Or was once a man). What bothers me is the idea that one could be flirting with me and I wouldn't know the difference. I don't disrespect them, but I do still find it pretty weird. My friend has a trans friend and showed me his pictures. She asked me if I thought "She" was cute, I said yeah. Next thing I know, I'm being laughed at: "HAHA! YOU LIKE MEN NORM???". So yeah. That sucks.

norm41x

Haha you like men:lol: something like that?

CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 CreasianDevaili
[QUOTE="Pffrbt"]

[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"]I refer to my friends by their name. I have never, ever, referred to one friend i've known since a kid as a heterosexual male. Do you do that? So would you refer to your friend Tom, as the transgender born again christian? That is rather strange and somewhat weird. Should I introduce Stacy as the lesbian arm cutting wiccan?
Obviously not what I'm talking about. These things come up in and affect conversations. If you're having a conversation of relationships/sex with a guy that isn't attracted to women obviously his sexuality is going to be a factor in thatand will probably come up (unless he's talking to someone like you who's going to get bent out of shape when anyone brings up their sexuality as anything other than straight). It's happened to me and I've never brought up any of these topics on my own, and I just had topretend my waythrough the conversation because I didn't feel comfortable making it clear who I was.I imaginethe same thing could happen to a transgender person.

I am asking you how one needs such information in a friendship where neither gender or sexuality is a factor.
Because it is a factor. Obviously someone doesn't want to be treated as male if they identify as female and obviously someone doesn't want to be spoken to as if they're attracted to the opposite sex when they really aren't.
How one respects another's sexuality when sexuality isn't a part of the friendship.

Because you should respect someone's sexuality/gender if you actually want to have a friendship with them.

I will poke fun of the girl the guys are slobbering over just the same if a guy friend was checking out another guy. If someone starts a conversation up over what turns them on the most, most chances are i've done left the building and going to do something else. That goes for any sexuality. Any perspective. Same with religion. So no. You would never have me talking to a friend about relationships. I expect my friends to know how to handle themselves and their own lives. I also expect them not to bring drama with them which is what relationship conversations often bring.

Again, I treat everyone the same. I hold the damn door open for both the girls and the guys. I pull pranks on both the girls, and its the same pranks on both. I also help them the same, and refuse the same rewards. Hell I shake the girls hands just like the guys. Much to the surprise of many of them. I just don't give two craps about your sexuality or gender. Less I wanna bang ya. Then yeah i want you to be female and possibly bisexual for freaky fun!

What I am asking you is simple and you've only offered childish stuff in return. Not good enough.
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Pffrbt

If someone starts a conversation up over what turns them on the most, most chances are i've done left the building and going to do something else.
So you just walk away while someone's talking to you? That's kind of rude.
So no. You would never have me talking to a friend about relationships.
How convenient for you. I've gotten stuck in situations where I couldn't simply walk away though.
I expect my friends to know how to handle themselves and their own lives. I also expect them not to bring drama with them which is what relationship conversations often bring.
It doesn't have to necessarily be a relationship conversation, someone could just bring up their significant otherin a conversation about something else. This would be bringing up their sexuality, which is a big no-no for you.

Again, I treat everyone the same.
Why?
Then yeah i want you to be female and possibly bisexual for freaky fun!
You sound like a real catch.

What I am asking you is simple and you've only offered childish stuff in return. Not good enough. CreasianDevaili

How is respecting someone's sexuality/gender and being sensitive childish?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

I disrespect them because they don't appreciate that they have private parts and want to cut it off...... and not because of their sexual orientationhippiesanta
So if you have a massive growth on your face you should accept it even if there is surgery to correct it?

Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts

[QUOTE="Lockedge"]The opposite was true for the trans women, iirc.-Toshy-
So are you saying that they don't experience phantom limb syndrome? That's understandable. As you mentioned, in SRS they are using the equipment that you already have. So in a sense the penis is still there, but in a different form. This way, the brain still receives a signal from it and doesn't attempt to compensate for a lack of signal like the soldiers in the study you mentioned.

I can't recall if that was controlled for in the study, tbh. But you're right, that could certainly be part of why (and why I wish there were more studies done to replicate it, under different constraints). All the surgeons do is remove the testes and part of the body of the penis in terms of what's thrown away.The glans and all the skin, and everything is kept.

I just find it goes well with supporting the notion of SRS/GRS as a legitimate surgery, as the lack of phantom limb + significant reduction in dysphoria makes it pretty darn worthwhile, imo.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

i am not saying they all deserve to be exterminated but im not sure they deserve to live either

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

i am not saying they all deserve to be exterminated but im not sure they deserve to live either

ghostwarrior786

lol sounds like someone got fooled by a ladyboy :P

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]I disrespect them because they don't appreciate that they have private parts and want to cut it off...... and not because of their sexual orientationtoast_burner

So if you have a massive growth on your face you should accept it even if there is surgery to correct it?

I'm talking about "Normal" bodyparts ..... genitalia is normal ..... disfigured bodyparts is different topic

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]I disrespect them because they don't appreciate that they have private parts and want to cut it off...... and not because of their sexual orientationhippiesanta

I'm talking about "Normal" bodyparts ..... genitalia is normal ..... disfigured bodyparts is different topic

Some babies are born with tails, not disfigured just a genetic throwback to when we had tails. Do you think its ok for doctors to remove them?

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#75 sune_Gem
Member since 2006 • 12463 Posts

I just treat them like normal. Granted I'm a bit shocked when I find out but after that they're still humans.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#76 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Nope.

JinjonatorX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 JinjonatorX
Member since 2010 • 639 Posts
It seems like a lot of people in here don't know the difference between transgender and transsexual. Not all transgenders get sex changes; they just identify as a different gender (or neither, or both). And as far as the "haha you like men?" thing... it doesn't matter if they were originally a guy. If they're female now, they're female. People need to quit being so insecure about their sexuality.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#78 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]I read medical journals. Sunsha
You should be more careful. This is OT some of them are afraid of reading such things.

Not afraid just...iffy.

o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

I don't think its great when you disrespect alot of people full stop. However the line of "treating them like mental cases", you are right there disrespecting people with a mental illness, and I would argue that thinking you should be the opposite sex to what you are physically is a mental illness.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I treat them just like any person. If the person is nice, I treat him nice. If the person is a prick then I treat him like a prick What I don't want to see is a tranny winking and looking at me like I'm a steak or something. I remember visiting the Philippines one time. While commuting, what I thought was a female hooker squeezed my leg. Later, one of the other passengers said it was a he, not a she.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

I don't and think people should be left to conduct their own lives as they see fit as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else directly. With that said, it's kind of gross to me and something I really don't understand nor really want to understand. Nice thing though is that I don't have to understand, and frankly just means I have no business worrying about what they do with their own lives.

Like that Buck Angel monster...damn that is just gross and weird lol. All the same if he/she/whatever is happy more power to them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

Not at all.

HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 HybridPhoenix
Member since 2007 • 3598 Posts
I don't at all.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#85 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

No I'm not a bigoted assho1e.

JinjonatorX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 JinjonatorX
I'm also noticing an unhealthy abundance of people saying that they respect transgenders, while simultaneously demonstrating that they don't respect them at all. That's some impressive doublethink.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#87 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts

Nope...do I get it?..not really...but do I care what others do when it doesn't effect other people?...absolutely not.....have at it...

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

I have a hard time taking them seriously, but they're entitled to do what they want like anyone else.

Avatar image for CycleOfViolence
CycleOfViolence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 CycleOfViolence
Member since 2011 • 2813 Posts

I don't determine if someone is deserving of respect based on sexual orientation or sexual identity.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
I respect them more than a lot of "normal" people who are afraid to be who they really are.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#91 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts
if anything I've praised them on their terrific hair and make-up, only ones I've dissed are the dudes who dress in dresses and don't try to look the least bit feminine about it like they have their beards and they walk like men they just make horrible ladies
Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts

I'd love to have a trans friend

Not as much as I'd like a flamboyant gay as a friend tho

JinjonatorX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 JinjonatorX

if anything I've praised them on their terrific hair and make-up, only ones I've dissed are the dudes who dress in dresses and don't try to look the least bit feminine about it like they have their beards and they walk like men they just make horrible ladieslamprey263

7288027946_8a8d686c43.jpg.

bigfoot2045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 bigfoot2045
Member since 2012 • 732 Posts

I have nothing against transgender people. In fact, I feel sorry for them. It's sad that someone would have to go through life with the person they are on the outside not reflecting who they feel they are on the inside.

Unfortunately though, there's not really a great way at the moment to turn a man into a woman or vice versa. The person is still their original gender, just with mutilated genitals and screwed up hormones. Perhaps this will improve in the future with advances in medicine.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
No, why would I...or anyone for that matter?
Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#99 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

They don't bother me, so no.

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts
I have no issues with transgender folk, even had a couple friends that were transgender (when I was involved with more community work, they were some of the people we helped out). There's a "guy" in my speech class who everyone legitimately thought was a female (longish blonde hair, no masculine features whatsoever, girly voice, painted nails piercing, wore pink) and the teacher on many occasions referred to him as a her and he corrects her saying "I'm a boy, but don't worry even my mom gets it confused sometimes"...it's still awkward in that class because no ones sure which gender the person is...like it's impossible to tell without seeing an ID.