DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8732 Posts

Not me. But I am willing to read other people's blogs. If they are interesting, that is.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#2 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

Used to. Got bored. Not really much to say = not much to blog about.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11124 Posts

It's nowhere near as prevalent as it used to. In the old days many users would write blogs and others would comment. There was a greater sense of community and friendship. Now with Gamespot going downhill and most people left, there's really no point.

LeonFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 LeonFreeman
Member since 2019 • 30 Posts

They did until the community dried up and died several years ago. The editors blogs were great. I always liked reading Greg Kasavins blogs. There were some awesome user blogs back in the day too. I miss guys like Shleco.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

Not much anymore unfortunately. A lot of people used to blog, but the community is just a husk of what it was at this point.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#6 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Never blogged myself.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#7 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I kinda stopped blogging when they stopped promoting them.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55898 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:

I remember you was one of those top 5 bloggers back in the old days. I used to read you're blogs alot. I was made that GS stop taking names for those who blog.

As for me, I blog when I'm really bored and to be honest, I haven't look back on my older blogs due to the time has change and who knows what I said. My last blog was the top 10 games I played in 2019.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178808 Posts

Haven't done that in years. They killed the site.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#10 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@davillain- said:
@JustPlainLucas said:

I remember you was one of those top 5 bloggers back in the old days. I used to read you're blogs alot. I was made that GS stop taking names for those who blog.

As for me, I blog when I'm really bored and to be honest, I haven't look back on my older blogs due to the time has change and who knows what I said. My last blog was the top 10 games I played in 2019.

Yeah, what was that called, Soapbox? Problem was, random people started getting highlighted with blogs that had nothing to do with anything. Didn't someone blog about making a bologna sandwich or something, and that got put into the Soapbox? Also, I think there was an issue that once you were highlighted, you stayed highlighted, which mean any blog you wrote stayed in the Soapbox. I think people started to complain about seeing the same people in the Soapbox every week.

But man... I was used to seeing a few hundred replies every blog, even thought I got a lot of hate for a few of them. Once they ended Soapbox and I lost a traffic, it just killed the motivation. I shouldn't have let that deter me, though, because I really should just be blogging for myself at least.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#11 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I still blog on here, but mostly for myself. I have had this account since like 2008, and the majority of my entries have followed a decade of many changes in my life.

I'd like to get back to focusing more on gaming discussions. Maybe I'll play through and review some older games, and make blogs about concepts that I came across while playing them. We'll see how things play out.

AntonelaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AntonelaG
Member since 2020 • 3 Posts

I agree with this: I blog when I'm really bored and to be honest

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26077 Posts

Gamespot decided to stop making them matter.

Nowadays there are so little people in this site that it's a miracle to see people posting on actual site articles, let alone user blogs.

ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ArmoredCore55
Member since 2005 • 24936 Posts

Not anymore. This site isn't what it used to be.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#15 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58644 Posts

@Willy105 said:

Gamespot decided to stop making them matter.

Nowadays there are so little people in this site that it's a miracle to see people posting on actual site articles, let alone user blogs.

Doesn't help that many of the articles are click-baity as hell and in some cases duplicated multiple times over.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55898 Posts

Now that I think about it. Back in the old days, forums like in Games Discussion encourage users to post blogs for more traffic and for the community to grow. GS Staff for some reason just took the note out and it's why you don't see users posting blogs anymore.

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts

I enjoyed reading some blogs back in the day. Some of the staff would post some interesting blogs, and when the user videos feature was implemented a lot of people started posting video blogs. I enjoyed those the most. I particularly liked GabuEx's blogs, very informative and intelligently written.

With social media so prevalent these days, there's no use posting a blog on a somewhat-dead gaming website anymore.