Do any one suffering from Hair Fall Problem??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by drmohansingh (14 posts) -

I am suffering from hair fall problem from last 6 months. I am very stressed and disturbed by this condition. I live in Punjab so can anyone please suggest me a good doctor or a permanent solution to get rid of hair fall problem. It would be very useful for me if anyone could help me.

#2 Posted by GTR12 (13442 posts) -

Shave it all off.

#3 Posted by holl1235 (3 posts) -

no i have hair

#4 Edited by Volsung (261 posts) -

I feel like an ad is being set up in this thread. We'll see.

#5 Posted by PSP107 (17407 posts) -

@holl1235: "no i have hair"

For now

#6 Edited by Volsung (261 posts) -

Still no ad. Or maybe OP's username is the ad. Perhaps OP is actually Dr. Mohan Singh. But why would Dr. Singh think that this would be a good place to advertise his practice?

So many questions.

#7 Posted by SBan83 (38 posts) -

@GTR12 said:

Shave it all off.

That depends. Chrome dome doesn't fit all sizes. If you have a head (and face, lol) like Bruce Willis, go for it. If not, make do with hair you've got. I shaved it off once but my skull didn't look too good, plus shaving it every other day is a PITA, so I've maintained a light combover that looks better on me than I did shaved.

#8 Posted by GTR12 (13442 posts) -

@sban83 said:
@GTR12 said:

Shave it all off.

That depends. Chrome dome doesn't fit all sizes. If you have a head (and face, lol) like Bruce Willis, go for it. If not, make do with hair you've got. I shaved it off once but my skull didn't look too good, plus shaving it every other day is a PITA, so I've maintained a light combover that looks better on me than I did shaved.

"Shave every other day"? LOL

I shave everyday, takes 5 mins. A light combover makes you look like an idiot, either you have hair or don't, there's no point in hiding it.

Just look at Trump.

#9 Posted by npiet1 (1959 posts) -

@sban83: I shaves my head once and looked like I had a head shaped like a the knob of a penis, so never agian. But I agree with GTR12. If your lossing your hair, shave it. If you still want hair get a wig, people won't know.

#10 Posted by BlackBalls (1498 posts) -

Funny thing. I shaved my head bald for the past 7 years (from 20 to 27) because I liked being bald. 4 months ago, I began experimenting and grew a mohawk, I don't have a bit of hair in front, it appears to not grow for some reason - you can imagine how angry I am, after so many years of not having hair. Luckely, since I've left my mohawk grow a lot I'm able to use gelly and hide it.

#11 Posted by Speeny (1374 posts) -

Balding does run in my family but only on my mothers side and it didn’t affect every male. (Apparently inheriting male pattern baldness from your mothers side is a myth?)

Anyway, I have a full head of hair but sometimes I do buzz it off with no guard during summers. (My head looks bloody lopsided mind you.)

When I do grow it out I feel as if it’s not as thick as it used to be but I could just be imagining things because it still feels thick apart from when it’s been washed. Could also be due to the fact that because I buzz myself the hair strands don’t feel the need to grow to their full thickness?

Either way, if you have a pretty decently shaped head I say go for it. If not you could always wear a cap.

#12 Posted by with_teeth26 (9429 posts) -

My hair started thinning up top maybe 2 years ago and the hairline has been slowly receding in a few spots since then.

thinking i'll try shaving it off once it gets bad enough, but it still looks ok for the time being with shortish hair, unless i'm standing under a bright light, then its pretty apparent that my hair isn't as thick as it used to be since you can see the top of my head through the hair.

Annoying thing is I have two brothers (one older one younger) who both still have thick heads of hair. damn you genetics!

#13 Posted by GTR12 (13442 posts) -

@npiet1 said:

@sban83: I shaves my head once and looked like I had a head shaped like a the knob of a penis, so never agian. But I agree with GTR12. If your lossing your hair, shave it. If you still want hair get a wig, people won't know.

Oh they know, unless they are being polite or are stupid.

#14 Posted by RicanV (2602 posts) -

@volsung said:

I feel like an ad is being set up in this thread. We'll see.

I fully expected a link and was ready to get rid of it.

#15 Posted by Mandzilla (3816 posts) -

I'll give you some of my hair amigo.

#16 Posted by npiet1 (1959 posts) -

@GTR12: Nah, my misses is into hair. If done right (which means spending $200+ on a wig and hours of work in the beginning) they look legit.

#17 Posted by MirkoS77 (13982 posts) -

People aren’t stupid. They’ll see right through your attempts to hide your insecurities. I spent the majority of my twenties learning this. Even if you look stupid with a bald head, people will respect you for having the balls to shave it.

So shave it.

#18 Posted by PSP107 (17407 posts) -

@npiet1:" Nah, my misses is into hair. If done right (which means spending $200+ on a wig and hours of work in the beginning) they look legit."

$200?

@GTR12:" either you have hair or don't, "

lol, that's harsh

#19 Posted by npiet1 (1959 posts) -

@PSP107: Yeah that's AUD, that's also real human hair. It's not fake.

#20 Edited by GTR12 (13442 posts) -
@PSP107 said:

@npiet1:" Nah, my misses is into hair. If done right (which means spending $200+ on a wig and hours of work in the beginning) they look legit."

$200?

@GTR12:" either you have hair or don't, "

lol, that's harsh

What's so harsh? its true, you cant sugar-coat everything.

@npiet1: Where do I sell my hair? I have too much and if I get money for it, why not sell it to some idiot that's insecure.

#21 Posted by npiet1 (1959 posts) -

@GTR12: be a girl in India. I wish I was joking.

#22 Posted by GTR12 (13442 posts) -

@npiet1 said:

@GTR12: be a girl in India. I wish I was joking.

Ok

#23 Posted by SBan83 (38 posts) -

@GTR12: You seem to have an extreme approach where the slightest balding = go shave it off. I know a few people like that, and it's okay. I'm just thankful I don't listen to them anymore like I did once (the time I shaved it all off).

My wife of 2 years hates my shaved head look and much prefers me to neatly cut and comb the hair that I do have than look like a vulture (or a cancer patient, or a penis' head, take your pick). Like I've said before, chrome domes are not one size fits all. For those who have the head shape to pull it off, more power to you.

#24 Posted by GTR12 (13442 posts) -

@sban83 said:

@GTR12: You seem to have an extreme approach where the slightest balding = go shave it off. I know a few people like that, and it's okay. I'm just thankful I don't listen to them anymore like I did once (the time I shaved it all off).

My wife of 2 years hates my shaved head look and much prefers me to neatly cut and comb the hair that I do have than look like a vulture (or a cancer patient, or a penis' head, take your pick). Like I've said before, chrome domes are not one size fits all. For those who have the head shape to pull it off, more power to you.

So you'll neatly cut and comb your non-existent hair when you're 60-70?

And I hope you don't get cancer or your hypocritical wife might leave you if you had to shave it all off.

It looks weird for a few weeks/months but like everything else, you get used to it and so do other people.

#25 Edited by Gaming-Planet (19891 posts) -

I have hella hair for being 25.

#26 Edited by Volsung (261 posts) -
@GTR12 said:
@sban83 said:

And I hope you don't get cancer or your hypocritical wife might leave you if you had to shave it all off.

It looks weird for a few weeks/months but like everything else, you get used to it and so do other people.

If he works hard and becomes a successful man, when he's 60-70 he'll be able to afford hair from D. Trump's own purveyor.

#27 Posted by GTR12 (13442 posts) -

@volsung said:

If he works hard and becomes a successful man, when he's 60-70 he'll be able to afford hair from D. Trump's own purveyor.

That's my point, Trump clearly has a wig and looks really stupid. I'll also bet that he spends at least a few thousand per year maintaining it.

#28 Edited by SBan83 (38 posts) -

@GTR12 said:
@sban83 said:

I don't think I'll care how my hair looks when I'm 60-70 tbh? But insulting my wife is uncalled for, dude. Then again, that sort of behaviour fits your kind, I suppose.

#29 Edited by GTR12 (13442 posts) -

@sban83 said:

I don't think I'll care how my hair looks when I'm 60-70 tbh? But insulting my wife is uncalled for, dude. Then again, that sort of behaviour fits your kind, I suppose.

Yeah I can say the same thing, I don't care how my hair looks at 20-30.

You're the one who said you're wife doesn't like you looking like a cancer patient, so ALL bald people below a certain age are cancer patients? yeah that's genius level thinking...

#30 Posted by Jackamomo (2157 posts) -

Pattern baldness is normal and incurable.

If it's falling off in an irregular (asymmetrical) pattern or thinning, then it is probably a scalp infection or other medical condition or nutrient deficiency.

Is your hair brittle and breaking? If so that could be a fungal infection.

Male pattern baldness sees the hairline recede and then thin from the edges but thickness remains elsewhere.

Female baldness sees thinning only.

#32 Edited by jameswatson12 (14 posts) -

Yes, I am suffering from hair fall problem. There is any solution.

#33 Edited by KungfuKitten (26323 posts) -

@drmohansingh said:

I am suffering from hair fall problem from last 6 months. I am very stressed and disturbed by this condition. I live in Punjab so can anyone please suggest me a good doctor or a permanent solution to get rid of hair fall problem. It would be very useful for me if anyone could help me.

Just appreciate it and use a shorter haircut. It'll all be ok. It's a completely natural phenomenon just like sagging breasts. For some reason those things are not popular, but that's more of a problem with our natural programming than with the reality of things. People will just have to come to terms with the fact that half the men (and some percentage of women) will grow noticeably bald.

If we stop making such a big deal of it, people can stop feeling so insecure about it.

#34 Posted by VFighter (4640 posts) -

@GTR12: Trump doesnt have a wig, its the worlds most elaborate comb over.

#35 Posted by PSP107 (17407 posts) -

@KungfuKitten: "It's a completely natural phenomenon just like sagging breasts."

lol

"For some reason those things are not popular, "

lol, what you mean?

#36 Posted by Horgen (119966 posts) -

Necro thread