Do any of you have a band?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dude63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 dude63
Member since 2004 • 5505 Posts
If you do can you like post some music files..or if not its ok.....well what kind of music does your band play? I want to start my own band..and try to get a record deal
RustyBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 RustyBolt
Member since 2003 • 5605 Posts
I wish...But I've got to hone my live act first...LOL
-Sophist-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 -Sophist-
Member since 2005 • 3054 Posts
yes, last weekend we finished writing the music for our first song.  Next weekend comes lyrics.
JohnMan4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JohnMan4U
Member since 2005 • 869 Posts
yes, last weekend we finished writing the music for our first song.  Next weekend comes lyrics. -Sophist-
gj....lol..this week....im going to sit here....lol!!
-Sophist-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -Sophist-
Member since 2005 • 3054 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sophist-"]yes, last weekend we finished writing the music for our first song. Next weekend comes lyrics. JohnMan4U

Thanks, were gonna try to record it within the next two weeks.
JohnMan4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JohnMan4U
Member since 2005 • 869 Posts
[QUOTE="JohnMan4U"][QUOTE="-Sophist-"]yes, last weekend we finished writing the music for our first song. Next weekend comes lyrics. -Sophist-

are you going to post it here?...if so I want to hear it
dude63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 dude63
Member since 2004 • 5505 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnMan4U"][QUOTE="-Sophist-"]yes, last weekend we finished writing the music for our first song. Next weekend comes lyrics. -Sophist-

how much does it cost to go into a studio to record liek say 2o songs onto a cd?

WheelKid890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 WheelKid890
Member since 2006 • 48 Posts
I have a band  we mostly do covers but we have played the saints are coming,when I come around funny little feeling and Dani California we done a couple of gigs but we are really excited about kidz rock. and what-are you planning to play in your band?
zulaf69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zulaf69
Member since 2004 • 41 Posts
Ya i do. We actually wrote a song and put it up on pure volume heres a link http://www.purevolume.com/chamararhinositrossthejebroniesizzlers. that isn't our only song by next weekend we're expecting 3 or 4 more if all goes well. warning tho the lyrics are explicit... we're also working on some covers too.
Krazykraz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Krazykraz01
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
Yeah, recently got a band together called Magnum Opus...however, we still need to practice our instruments a lot (for me, vocals). We're then gonna do some covers and then write our own stuff.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
No. But I wish I did.
Avatar image for TheTerribleFish
TheTerribleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheTerribleFish
Member since 2005 • 1793 Posts

Me not, but I help out a friend. He tries to sound something like Emperor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj8_2VtybCA

And he succeeds pretty well. He can really screach and growl. Sounds awesome. 

SinkO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SinkO
Member since 2005 • 1908 Posts
Yep, we play Post-Rock with lots of noise elements.
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts
Yep, we play Post-Rock with lots of noise elements.SinkO
Lucky. I wish I could play guitar, or bass or drums. Instead, I'm stuck imitating Eluvium for hours on end, trying to piece together bits and pieces of stuff I've done into songs.
Account_27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Account_27
Member since 2005 • 13426 Posts
I have a band we mostly do covers but we have played the saints are coming,when I come around funny little feeling and Dani California we done a couple of gigs but we are really excited about kidz rock. and what-are you planning to play in your band?WheelKid890
I see what you did, aren't you the sly-devil. (Hint: Dates / Users / Posted / Time)
makaveli2344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 makaveli2344
Member since 2007 • 3106 Posts

If you do can you like post some music files..or if not its ok.....well what kind of music does your band play? I want to start my own band..and try to get a record dealdude63

Im going to form a band when I get my stuff together, Im going for Either Rapcore or Heavy Metal, What are you gonan play?

Apollo5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Apollo5000
Member since 2005 • 18782 Posts
I had those wrist bands during that Armstrong phase people went through...
iforgotokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 iforgotokie
Member since 2005 • 5226 Posts
It's in the formation stages. It will be called "Project Albino Shower Curtain". We will most likely be playing heavy metal. And no, I didn't come up with the name.
SinkO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SinkO
[QUOTE="SinkO"]Yep, we play Post-Rock with lots of noise elements.Lockedge
Lucky. I wish I could play guitar, or bass or drums. Instead, I'm stuck imitating Eluvium for hours on end, trying to piece together bits and pieces of stuff I've done into songs.

Well we really don't play that well either. That's why we have those noise elements covering our level of suckiness. That way we can always say that we are playing high-level art. :lol:
iaasc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 iaasc
Member since 2005 • 1337 Posts

Yes I am in a band its called Bloody Marriage but one of our members moved but he's comming back so we could get started, and we have a site its here.  We are a metalcore band and the music on the player thing is some of our favorite songs

EDIT: I forgot to say what I play, I play the guitar

RoyTheViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 RoyTheViking
Member since 2005 • 3574 Posts
I'm in the beginning stages of one. We wrote a song that we have gotten really good feedback on but we don't have enough time to practice. We will be practicing a ton this weekend and during summer. I'll post music on myspace asap.
trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts
Nope
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lockedge
[QUOTE="Lockedge"][QUOTE="SinkO"]Yep, we play Post-Rock with lots of noise elements.SinkO

Well we really don't play that well either. That's why we have those noise elements covering our level of suckiness. That way we can always say that we are playing high-level art. :lol:

Hey, I've heard more popular bands do that before. No shame in using a screen of noise until you get a set, comfortable sound. High level art :P, nice touch. I can play my keyboard well, but I miss beats sometimes, and am off the click of the metronome a lot, so I consider myself experimental for the time being. :P
SinkO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SinkO

Hey, I've heard more popular bands do that before. No shame in using a screen of noise until you get a set, comfortable sound. High level art :P, nice touch. I can play my keyboard well, but I miss beats sometimes, and am off the click of the metronome a lot, so I consider myself experimental for the time being. :PLockedge
Yeah, I remember when we started. First we we're supposed to just play really fast punk in the veins of Minor Threat, but the more we played, the more slower and melodic our songs would turn. Then we thought that we should just shamelessly rip-off Explosions In the Sky and Godspeed You! Black Emperor. But everytime we played, our songs would end up into a noisy chaos at some point since me and my friends all love loud feedback and distortion, so we thought that let's put that stuff into our concept. We also improvise lot, since I kind of think that it makes playing much more interesting. At least I can somewhat honestly say that we're a rather original band to come out of our hometown, since all the other bands are either generic Pop-Punk bands or some sort of Power Metal. :P

EDIT: Oh, I just remembered that at one point we wanted to play stuff like Gary Numan. Then that idea evolved into a more post-punkish direction and we wanted to be like DEVO. We even thought about having similar costumes like they did. :lol:

PSYCO109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#25 PSYCO109
Member since 2006 • 789 Posts
I was in a band and we played Blues, but im starting up a new band soon i think.
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lockedge

[QUOTE="Lockedge"] Hey, I've heard more popular bands do that before. No shame in using a screen of noise until you get a set, comfortable sound. High level art :P, nice touch. I can play my keyboard well, but I miss beats sometimes, and am off the click of the metronome a lot, so I consider myself experimental for the time being. :PSinkO

Yeah, I remember when we started. First we we're supposed to just play really fast punk in the veins of Minor Threat, but the more we played, the more slower and melodic our songs would turn. Then we thought that we should just shamelessly rip-off Explosions In the Sky and Godspeed You! Black Emperor. But everytime we played, our songs would end up into a noisy chaos at some point since me and my friends all love loud feedback and distortion, so we thought that let's put that stuff into our concept. We also improvise lot, since I kind of think that it makes playing much more interesting. At least I can somewhat honestly say that we're a rather original band to come out of our hometown, since all the other bands are either generic Pop-Punk bands or some sort of Power Metal. :P

EDIT: Oh, I just remembered that at one point we wanted to play stuff like Gary Numan. Then that idea evolved into a more post-punkish direction and we wanted to be like DEVO. We even thought about having similar costumes like they did. :lol:

Heh, for some reason your description of your band(fluid feedback and noise) reminds me of this band from Albuquerque "Karen". Freaking awesome band, played these intense, driving riffs with all this kicking feedback and noise in all the right spots. Tough as nails to find anything from them since they split though. But yeah, originality always counts for something. In my town, it's all screamo, or mid-90s metal sounding bands. At least I can safely know I'm the only one in my town making ambient/experimental. Though I'm not very good :P. If you all ever record anything, PM me a link or something. I always like hearing new music.
SinkO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SinkO
Heh, for some reason your description of your band(fluid feedback and noise) reminds me of this band from Albuquerque "Karen". Freaking awesome band, played these intense, driving riffs with all this kicking feedback and noise in all the right spots. Tough as nails to find anything from them since they split though. But yeah, originality always counts for something. In my town, it's all screamo, or mid-90s metal sounding bands. At least I can safely know I'm the only one in my town making ambient/experimental. Though I'm not very good :P. If you all ever record anything, PM me a link or something. I always like hearing new music.Lockedge
Aye, I'll definitely PM you if we ever get to the point where we record anything. Or then we'll just pull a bunch of super-awesome gigs where we cause lots of random mayhem, break-up and live cult-life through various bootlegs. :lol: I've actually thought about doing some experimental music myself at some point, since I really like experimenting with different sounds, recording techniques etc.. It would be somewhere along the lines of Throbbing Gristle, since I love the intensity in that band. I've thought that if I actually get some good ideas, I can experiment them myself and if they end up like I intented it, then I can use it in my "main" band.
DaveGamer_05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DaveGamer_05
Member since 2005 • 18823 Posts
No. I swear I'm going to teach myself how to play guitar one day, though.
princemarth23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 princemarth23
Member since 2005 • 9229 Posts
Nope.
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lockedge
[QUOTE="Lockedge"] Heh, for some reason your description of your band(fluid feedback and noise) reminds me of this band from Albuquerque "Karen". Freaking awesome band, played these intense, driving riffs with all this kicking feedback and noise in all the right spots. Tough as nails to find anything from them since they split though. But yeah, originality always counts for something. In my town, it's all screamo, or mid-90s metal sounding bands. At least I can safely know I'm the only one in my town making ambient/experimental. Though I'm not very good :P. If you all ever record anything, PM me a link or something. I always like hearing new music.SinkO
Aye, I'll definitely PM you if we ever get to the point where we record anything. Or then we'll just pull a bunch of super-awesome gigs where we cause lots of random mayhem, break-up and live cult-life through various bootlegs. :lol: I've actually thought about doing some experimental music myself at some point, since I really like experimenting with different sounds, recording techniques etc.. It would be somewhere along the lines of Throbbing Gristle, since I love the intensity in that band. I've thought that if I actually get some good ideas, I can experiment them myself and if they end up like I intented it, then I can use it in my "main" band.

That's a plan if I've ever heard one. Experimental stuff is.....difficult. Right now I'm running Reason 3, Cakewalk Sonar 3(I should probably upgrade to 4 soon), Spectrasonics Atmosphere, Arturia Minimoog, Garritan Personal Orchestra(all the previously mentioned software owned legit, it's an expensive hobby), and a bunch of freeware synths, filters, and effects stuff. It gets kind of convoluted....all the time I guess. It's difficult to focus. But when I make something that totally catches me off guard, it's one of the best feelings ever, if it's good that is. If it's horrendously bad, I usually shut everything down and mope around. :P Yeah, though. Definitely record something, play a few incredible shows, break up, and be one of those ultra-obscure bands that maybe 15 people in the world will follow for 20 years, with maybe 70 pressed LPs of your recordings made; most of which destroyed in some fire. :P Oh the agony. But yeah, making music is fun. :D
ufopuller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#31 ufopuller
Member since 2004 • 6054 Posts

Closest now is a BANDaid

SinkO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SinkO
That's a plan if I've ever heard one. Experimental stuff is.....difficult. Right now I'm running Reason 3, Cakewalk Sonar 3(I should probably upgrade to 4 soon), Spectrasonics Atmosphere, Arturia Minimoog, Garritan Personal Orchestra(all the previously mentioned software owned legit, it's an expensive hobby), and a bunch of freeware synths, filters, and effects stuff. It gets kind of convoluted....all the time I guess. It's difficult to focus. But when I make something that totally catches me off guard, it's one of the best feelings ever, if it's good that is. If it's horrendously bad, I usually shut everything down and mope around. :P Yeah, though. Definitely record something, play a few incredible shows, break up, and be one of those ultra-obscure bands that maybe 15 people in the world will follow for 20 years, with maybe 70 pressed LPs of your recordings made; most of which destroyed in some fire. :P Oh the agony. But yeah, making music is fun. :DLockedge
Indeed it is. I really like experimenting with my guitar sound. I mean, I found it most pleasing to just try different tunings and different effect combinations. Sure, most of the time it will just sound awful but like you said, when it all works, it's insanely good feeling. But of course I also love just hitting all the knobs to eleven and blast some intense riffs from my amp. :P My friend and I actually thought that let's just blast some really random ultranoise from our instruments and play obscure underground Russian art movies on the background, certainly someone would find it to be absolutely amazing experience. :lol:
DUDEMAN1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 DUDEMAN1414
Member since 2006 • 1730 Posts
yea i'm in a little band right now. we arent really serious or anything. we just get together on the weekends and have some fun. we play rock.