District 9... Spoiler Alert!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lol_haha_dead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lol_haha_dead
Member since 2009 • 1238 Posts

Just got back from watching this, best SciFi film of the decade. This film blew star trek out of the water. Even Rotten Tomamtoes gave this flick 100%. Who else saw it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 avatar_genius
Member since 2009 • 8056 Posts

I have not yet.

Sounds interesting.

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts

Just got back from watching this, best SciFi film of the decade. This film blew star trek out of the water. Even Rotten Tomamtoes gave this flick 100%. Who else saw it?

lol_haha_dead
It's not at 100% on RT anymore. Some guy gave it a horrible score after praising GI Joe and Transformers 2.
LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LeGoofyGoober
Member since 2009 • 3168 Posts

craps already out? been dying to see it. glad to see it's been getting good reviews.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

lol_haha_dead

last time I checked RT gave it a 93%, I could be wrong though if you want to double check It wouldn't hurt. I am going to go see the movie tomorrow though, is it really that good though?

Dman0017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dman0017
Member since 2007 • 4640 Posts

im seeing it tomorrow, i am glad to hear it is good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts

My friend highly recommended it to me.

lol_haha_dead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lol_haha_dead
Member since 2009 • 1238 Posts

[QUOTE="lol_haha_dead"]

WiiMan21

last time I checked RT gave it a 93%, I could be wrong though if you want to double check It wouldn't hurt. I am going to go see the movie tomorrow though, is it really that good though?

Yes it is man, go watch it and be amazed:)
Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Chiddaling
Member since 2008 • 9106 Posts
Seeing it tomorrow, first show in the afternoon. Can't ****ing wait.
SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

lol_haha_dead

Wow, I guess the ads for it just suck. I am now interested in this movie.

Avatar image for blackacidevil96
blackacidevil96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 blackacidevil96
Member since 2006 • 3855 Posts

this movie was way too good. it was kind of unreasonable.

its basicly anything you could ever ever want from a cinema experience.

well worth the way over priced ticketing.

StaticPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#12 StaticPenguin
Member since 2004 • 3433 Posts

Ugh I've wanted to see it ever since it was first shown off. My friend saw it and loved it.

T3AMKILL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 T3AMKILL
Member since 2008 • 357 Posts
i'm insanely hyped for it now
_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 _en1gma_
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

Ugh I've wanted to see it ever since it was first shown off. My friend saw it and loved it.

Raikoh_
Would you like to come see it with me?
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
I am now even more excited. I'm going to see it on Tuesday, cheap day:P
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

I'm really pumped to see this movie as well. So far it's gotten really good reviews.

Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chiddaling
Member since 2008 • 9106 Posts
I am now even more excited. I'm going to see it on Tuesday, cheap day:Pbluezy
Lol. I live in TO too. It's really cheap on tuesdays :P But I got more money, so I have to see it tomorrow...which is like today now. :P
Innocentguy757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Innocentguy757
Member since 2004 • 5410 Posts
It's nothing like the ads, the ads were just for marketing purposes. It is actually a deep and thoughtful movie, that will having you kind of stepping back and looking at certain situations in a different perspective, and could have you relating and reexamining your own flaws. I thought it was great, when it comes out on DVD I know I'm getting it.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bluezy
[QUOTE="bluezy"]I am now even more excited. I'm going to see it on Tuesday, cheap day:PChiddaling
Lol. I live in TO too. It's really cheap on tuesdays :P But I got more money, so I have to see it tomorrow...which is like today now. :P

I don't live in Toronto:PFour hours southwest. I have the money to see it tomorrow, too, but Inglourious Basterds is next week, too. Gotta conserve.;)
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

I cant wait even more now!

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 _en1gma_
[QUOTE="Chiddaling"][QUOTE="bluezy"]I am now even more excited. I'm going to see it on Tuesday, cheap day:Pbluezy

I don't live in Toronto:PFour hours southwest. I have the money to see it tomorrow, too, but Inglourious Basterds is next week, too. Gotta conserve.;)

There are so many good movies coming out! :D
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bluezy
There are so many good movies coming out! :D_en1gma_
October is gonna be just as good. Toy Story/TS2 double feature, The Road and Zombieland.
megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts
[QUOTE="Chiddaling"][QUOTE="bluezy"]I am now even more excited. I'm going to see it on Tuesday, cheap day:Pbluezy

I had the opportunity to see an advanced press screening of Basterds last night where Quentin Tarantino was at the theater, FOR FREE. And I didn't go because I was tired. How lame is that?
th3stausqu0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 th3stausqu0
Member since 2009 • 290 Posts

Damn, im broke but now I have to go see it. Thanks!

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts
[QUOTE="_en1gma_"]There are so many good movies coming out! :Dbluezy
October is gonna be just as good. Toy Story/TS2 double feature, The Road and Zombieland.

Zombieland looks awesome
_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 _en1gma_

I am kind of iffy about Zombieland...but I will most likely give it a shot. Hopefully it has the charm it presents in the trailer.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bluezy
[QUOTE="megagene"][QUOTE="bluezy"][QUOTE="Chiddaling"] Lol. I live in TO too. It's really cheap on tuesdays :P But I got more money, so I have to see it tomorrow...which is like today now. :P

I had the opportunity to see an advanced press screening of Basterds last night where Quentin Tarantino was at the theater, FOR FREE. And I didn't go because I was tired. How lame is that?

Very. Sometimes I wish I did live in Toronto:P And since when are you the press? I thought that was me? :P
megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts
[QUOTE="bluezy"][QUOTE="megagene"][QUOTE="bluezy"] I don't live in Toronto:PFour hours southwest. I have the money to see it tomorrow, too, but Inglourious Basterds is next week, too. Gotta conserve.;)

Very. Sometimes I wish I did live in Toronto:P And since when are you the press? I thought that was me? :P

That IS you. My friend won a contest. :P
StaticPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#29 StaticPenguin
Member since 2004 • 3433 Posts

The Road is a terrible book imo.... I dont see why anyone wants to see the movie.

Innocentguy757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Innocentguy757
Member since 2004 • 5410 Posts
And this movie makes me wish they made a Halo movie. It would have been epic.
walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 walkingdream
Member since 2009 • 4883 Posts
Saw District 9 last night! very very good movie! there wont be a sequel but it would love to have seen certain things tied up.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bluezy

[QUOTE="bluezy"]October is gonna be just as good. Toy Story/TS2 double feature, The Road and Zombieland.Raikoh_
The Road is a terrible book imo.... I dont see why anyone wants to see the movie.

I've got a thing for post-apocalyptic entertainment.

That IS you. My friend won a contest. :Pmegagene
Tsk tsk, should've gone.

Null--Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Null--Fox
Member since 2009 • 1640 Posts

I MIGHT go see it. my friends are all out camping and what not. I don't want to watch a movie by myself.

DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DrSponge
Member since 2008 • 12763 Posts
The hype has made me wary of this movie. It didn't look particularly interesting to me in the first place.
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
seeing it tommorow
StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

And this movie makes me wish they made a Halo movie. It would have been epic.Innocentguy757

No.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 _en1gma_

[QUOTE="Innocentguy757"]And this movie makes me wish they made a Halo movie. It would have been epic.StrawberryHill

No.

Why not?
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#38 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I just got back from it and im absolutly blown away.

How many times does an amazing action movie tell a story that good?

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 StrawberryHill

[QUOTE="StrawberryHill"]

[QUOTE="Innocentguy757"]And this movie makes me wish they made a Halo movie. It would have been epic._en1gma_

No.

Why not?

Because movies based upon video games are typically, very bad. Halo has an unoriginal and mediocre storyline to begin with, so I don't see the point in making a movie based upon it. Just my opinion. ;)

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 _en1gma_

[QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="StrawberryHill"]

No.

StrawberryHill

Why not?

Because movies based upon video games are typically, very bad. Halo has an unoriginal and mediocre storyline to begin with, so I don't see the point in making a movie based upon it. Just my opinion. ;)

It has a chance to break that stereotype. Have you read Halo: The Fall of Reach?
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#41 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

StrawberryHill

I thought Halo has a very original and unique story. It just didn't play out the best in Halo 2 and Halo 3.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
i just got back. Im kinda in shock. I went in knowing that it would be good, but everything was so perfect. The acting in this movie is so believable. The special effects look real and serve their purpose w/o getting in the way, but the best part is the story. The hero arc present in the film by itself is flawless and completely grounded in reality. This next to how the film presents a social commentary thats very present but can also be completely ignored if thats not your thing....Im rambling, but w/e. .. . . You know you have a winner when the entire theater cheers while seeing a man get dismembered
Avatar image for motorstormhater
motorstormhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 motorstormhater
Member since 2007 • 789 Posts

its funny when i saw the first trailer the one where they reveal almost nothing i was like "that movie looks lame" then i saw the second trailer i was like" holy cow i have to see that movie"

LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LeGoofyGoober
Member since 2009 • 3168 Posts

i just got back. Im kinda in shock. I went in knowing that it would be good, but everything was so perfect. The acting in this movie is so believable. The special effects look real and serve their purpose w/o getting in the way, but the best part is the story. The hero arc present in the film by itself is flawless and completely grounded in reality. This next to how the film presents a social commentary thats very present but can also be completely ignored if thats not your thing....Im rambling, but w/e. .. . . You know you have a winner when the entire theater cheers while seeing a man get dismembered wolverine4262

hey thanks for the spoiler there

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 wolverine4262

[QUOTE="wolverine4262"]i just got back. Im kinda in shock. I went in knowing that it would be good, but everything was so perfect. The acting in this movie is so believable. The special effects look real and serve their purpose w/o getting in the way, but the best part is the story. The hero arc present in the film by itself is flawless and completely grounded in reality. This next to how the film presents a social commentary thats very present but can also be completely ignored if thats not your thing....Im rambling, but w/e. .. . . You know you have a winner when the entire theater cheers while seeing a man get dismembered LeGoofyGoober

hey thanks for the spoiler there

its not even spoiler. it happens like 1000 times in the movie. it is rated R

Tsuchikage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Tsuchikage
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

I just saw this movie with my brother and my Dad. My Dad's a big sci-fi geek (like myself), and he hated it. He thought the whole idea of aliens being put in a concentration camp was idiotic and unbelievable. My brother (not a sci-fi fan) thought it was decent. I loved it. The special effects (despite the low $30 million budget) were great, the acting was great, and the story was pretty good. I don't think it was a revelation or anything (sorry, but Starship Troopers was better, even with crappier acting), and the overall plot (which I won't ruin) was a little cliche, but I'd say, in closure, that big geeks such as myself will love this movie, but that non-geeks might not get what all the fuss was about.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 wolverine4262

I just saw this movie with my brother and my Dad. My Dad's a big sci-fi geek (like myself), and he hated it. He thought the whole idea of aliens being put in a concentration camp was idiotic and unbelievable. My brother (not a sci-fi fan) thought it was decent. I loved it. The special effects (despite the low $30 million budget) were great, the acting was great, and the story was pretty good. I don't think it was a revelation or anything (sorry, but Starship Troopers was better, even with crappier acting), and the overall plot (which I won't ruin) was a little cliche, but I'd say, in closure, that big geeks such as myself will love this movie, but that non-geeks might not get what all the fuss was about.

Tsuchikage
i disagree. there is plenty of action to satisfy everyone apart from michael bay himself.
StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 StrawberryHill

Tsuchikage

I am a geek and love sci-fi. I want to see this movie, but you have to admit, the concept of aliens being put into concentration camps is a little weak. If the aliens are so advanced that they can travel "X" amount of light years to our planet, it seems highly unlikely that they wouldsuccumb to being placed on reservations. Then again, E.T. didn't have much bravado and I loved that movie. I want to see District 9, since most people here seem to be liking it.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 wolverine4262

[QUOTE="Tsuchikage"]

StrawberryHill

I am a geek and love sci-fi. I want to see this movie, but you have to admit, the concept of aliens being put into concentration camps is a little weak. If the aliens are so advanced that they can travel "X" amount of light years to our planet, it seems highly unlikely that they wouldsuccumb to being placed on reservations. Then again, E.T. didn't have much bravado and I loved that movie. I want to see District 9, since most people here seem to be liking it.

the film does explain why the aliens (for the most part) let this happen to them. However, it is in passing and may be missed by some. One of the best parts abut the movie is that not everything is made clear. Its left open to interpretation b/c the movie isnt about why or how they got there, its about what comes next.
StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 StrawberryHill

[QUOTE="StrawberryHill"]

[QUOTE="Tsuchikage"]

wolverine4262

the film does explain why the aliens (for the most part) let this happen to them. However, it is in passing and may be missed by some. One of the best parts abut the movie is that not everything is made clear. Its left open to interpretation b/c the movie isnt about why or how they got there, its about what comes next.

Hmmm. Yeah, I'm definitely going to check it out. :)