Did you enjoy your school or college life more?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by indzman (26950 posts) -

personally i enjoyed my college life (uni) more than school life. Freedom FTW!!! my school life sucked, all those strict rules and regulations.

Whats your personal experience OT? Do you enjoy your school or college life more?

#2 Posted by dercoo (12555 posts) -

Still in college, but so far loving college allot more than k-12

Its tough as you have to learn how to apply your knowledge & skills, but rewarding.

Or in short, you go from doing what your instructor says to doing what your mind does.

#3 Posted by October_Tide (5396 posts) -

Uni/college so much much more than high school.

#4 Posted by josephl64 (4424 posts) -

in college, but enjoying it alot more :)

#5 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
College is more demanding. I liked high school, because I just showed up and got good grades. I actually have to apply myself in some classes in college :/
#6 Posted by imaps3fanboy (11169 posts) -

Uni much more than high school.

edit: so far

#7 Posted by lensflare15 (6601 posts) -

My community college is a lot more relaxed thanhighschool was, so yes I've enjoyed it a lot more.

#8 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13793 posts) -

college is school silly

#9 Posted by muller39 (14953 posts) -
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]College is more demanding. I liked high school, because I just showed up and got good grades. I actually have to apply myself in some classes in college :/

Same here.
#10 Posted by chaoscougar1 (37597 posts) -
College for sure
#11 Posted by gamerguru100 (12686 posts) -

College. No more seven hour school days Monday-Friday like in HS

#12 Posted by gamerguru100 (12686 posts) -
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]College is more demanding. I liked high school, because I just showed up and got good grades. I actually have to apply myself in some classes in college :/

This is the downside, unfortunately.
Avatar image for invisibletearsx
#13 Posted by invisibletearsx (997 posts) -

University offers a bit more freedom. It's a lot more work.

But better than HS.

#14 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

high school. Far funnier stuff happened, more interesting subjects, and a much less demanding schedule....screw networking class at 8pm....I dont even live on campus :cry:

#15 Posted by johnd13 (9209 posts) -

Still in college (have 3-4 years ahead of me) and I prefer it. Now I have the chance to concentrate on a particular field of study and I like the freedom as well. Plus I now have friends.

#16 Posted by The__Kraken (858 posts) -

I dislike college the least.

#17 Posted by soulless4now (41388 posts) -

I dislike college the least.

The__Kraken
This. I just don't care for any type of learning establishment.
#18 Posted by Ernesto_basic (2123 posts) -

personally i enjoyed my college life (uni) more than school life. Freedom FTW!!! my school life sucked, all those strict rules and regulations.

Whats your personal experience OT? Do you enjoy your school or college life more?

indzman

I HATED k-12, but had a good time during my undergrad. My master's and law school, however, were/are not what I'd call a "fun" time. Juggling work, my own business, married life and other responsibilities while trying to finish up my JD has been exhausting. Also, I don't think I'm even remotely as in love with the idea of being in law school as my peers appear to be - they really seem to relish it, while I'd much rather be growing my existing career/business than sitting through another lecture.

#19 Posted by CHOASXIII (14696 posts) -

School was boring and so was college but in college I wasn't stuck in the classes all day and I could just go home when I wanted, so college.

#20 Posted by markop2003 (29917 posts) -
Uni by far
#21 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

I enjoyed high school more I think. I loved the freedom of college though.

#22 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1633 posts) -
I enjoyed my last two years of High School a lot more than college :P I was a teacher's pet so I got to do whatever I wanted, and since high school's homework is easy I had straight A's :lol: I still do in college but it's a lot more demanding of me :P High school had more events, things going on and my social life was a lot better in high school xP In college just about all I ever have time to do is study and go to work and then do homework once i'm home :P
#23 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

College probably. In school you couldn't do anything irregular without getting picked on. In college, a fair portion of my class gathered around a computer monitor and watched My Little Pony when it was first popular because that's how little we feared judgement amongst fellow peers there.

#24 Posted by TonyDanzaFan (2973 posts) -

I hate college. I wish I was still in highschool. In high school all I cared about was eating, sleeping, and beating off. Now, in college, all I feel like doing is sleeping, eating, and beating off. But I have a lot less time to beat off. My roommate has his schedule posted, but sometimes he will come back really early and be like ohh class canceled, and ill tell him to stfu im trying to beat off. n hes like dude u beat off? n im like uhh yeahhh touching your meat feels really good, n im like u ever buff a pickle? n hes like yeah but im not doing it to you. n im like cool that was just a test to see if you were gay and u passed!! yayyyayayayaya!!!!!!! WU TANG!!!!!!!!! KANICHIWAHHH

#25 Posted by BossPerson (9177 posts) -
[QUOTE="muller39"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"]College is more demanding. I liked high school, because I just showed up and got good grades. I actually have to apply myself in some classes in college :/

Same here.

#26 Posted by zeldaluff (3387 posts) -

I try to repress high school. Uni is much, much better.

#27 Posted by PetJel (3725 posts) -

School life. I bonded stronger with the people there and had less worries (financial, important decisions, etc). College life has obvious benefits though.

#28 Posted by GazaAli (25216 posts) -
They all sucked.
#29 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

High School. Way easier and didn't have to worry about bills and such.

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
#30 Posted by WSGRandomPerson (13694 posts) -
I'm more content than I was in high school, so I guess college life.
#31 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4735 posts) -

School was annoying (due to "bullies", If I can call those Cro-Magnons that), boring, and really easy. I enjoyed it, but it felt like a waste of time while I was there.

College was fun, engaging, and way more lax, but also caused me so much stress I had a nervous breakdown after I managed to fail out.

It's a tough call.

#32 Posted by Rickettsia (213 posts) -
COLLEGE!!!!!! Love it and always will, better than school, freedom and studying is for real. Now iam working on something not related to my degree and i hate it. I will move on a higher degree
#33 Posted by fastesttruck (25353 posts) -
Never went to college and never will. Yay for lack of debit!
#34 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16660 posts) -
University, by far because of the freedom.
#35 Posted by scoots9 (3478 posts) -

Right now I'd probably rank it:

1. High School
  2. College
  3. Grade School
  4. Middle School

College is fun, but I'm missing a lot about High School.