Did you enjoy Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher Batman movies ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Currently i'm re watching Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman and Robin. Reminds me to rewatch BATS ( animated ) again lol. All are quite enjoyable ... imo, my favourite is Batman Returns for its darker presentation and of course Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman.

Did you enjoy Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher's Batman movies ? Which is your favourite Batman movie amongst it ?

megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts

Burton, yes (Batman more than Batman Returns though). Schumacher, no.

HuggyBear1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 HuggyBear1020
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts

Burton's Batman movies were excellent, Schumaker's were just OK.

DharmaMember77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DharmaMember77
Member since 2010 • 2377 Posts

@megagene said:

Burton, yes (Batman more than Batman Returns though). Schumacher, no.

Basically this. I respect Returns in that it was the first superhero movie that focused more on the villains than the actual hero. I wish more superhero sequels would try and do this because with this kind of narrative there is alot of potential for something great.

solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts

The first 2 were great. After that, not so much

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6  Edited By Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

The Burton movies? Sure

Schumacher? LOLZ

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Enjoy? Yes. Val Kilmer is my second favorite Batman. But I still think, with all their flaws, Nolan's trilogy is the best iteration of Batman on the big screen.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Batman 89' and Returns are good, Forever is passable, the last one: yikes.

mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts

I liked Tim Burton's Batman, but Schumachers we're absolutely horrible.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

yes I liked the first 2

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16873 Posts

The Burton movies are still pretty decent. As far as the Schumacher movies...well, there was a reason Warner Bros. decided to go back to the drawing board after they were released. Batman and Robin is still the only movie that I actually walked out on 20 minutes in.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By indzman

@hallenbeck77:

@hallenbeck77 said:

The Burton movies are still pretty decent. As far as the Schumacher movies...well, there was a reason Warner Bros. decided to go back to the drawing board after they were released. Batman and Robin is still the only movie that I actually walked out on 20 minutes in.

I wonder why many hate Batman and Robin, i found it quite enjoyable but yeah too much colorful ( costumes, sets) and cheesy dialouges at times. Batgirls entry made the movie more interesting tho ... imo. Personally enjoyed it more than Forever lol.

What you personally hated in Batman and Robin ?

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

The Burton ones aren't so bad. But Scchumacher's are just purely terrible.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

@indzman said:

@hallenbeck77:

@hallenbeck77 said:

I wonder why many hate Batman and Robin, i found it quite enjoyable but yeah too much colorful ( costumes, sets) and cheesy dialouges at times. Batgirls entry made the movie more interesting tho ... imo. Personally enjoyed it more than Forever lol.

Kill me.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16873 Posts

@indzman said:

@hallenbeck77:

@hallenbeck77 said:

Everything.

Gawdy set design, infantile writing, an bombastic, headache inducing musical score...the list goes on. Schumacher simply decided to take probably one of the worst aspects of the Batman Universe--the overtly campiness and corniness of the 1960's TV show--and ramped it up to an obnoxious degree.

Mr Freeze may not have been a top tier Batman villain, but thanks to Batman: The Animated Series and the episode "Heart of Ice" in particular, a team of talented writers took what was once a third string bad guy and turned him into one of the most memorable characters out there. It was a kids show, but they treated its audience with smart writing and touches of humor. When you have Mr. Freeze spout lines like "You're not going to send me to the cooler!" and have nothing but unfunny puns, bad costumes, and unimaginative writing, (Alicia Silverstone becomes Batgirl by hacking into Alfred's computer? Seriously?!), the whole thing comes off as insulting and a waste of time.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts

I saw Batman Returns & Forever as a child and enjoyed them so those two hold a special place with me. I really liked Keaton as Batman as well.

Transfer_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Transfer_Point
Member since 2013 • 95 Posts

Batman 89? Good, but overrated.

Batman Returns? Okay, but not as good as the first.

Batman Forever? Watchable.

Batman & Robin? Just terrible. Really terrible. There's a reason the franchise died for a while after this movie.

If you like TAS, find/watch Mask of the Phantasm. Better than any of the Burton/Shoemaker movies, IMHO.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178808 Posts

Batman was good....didn't really like Batman Returns......Batman Forever...eh....Batman & Robin should never be spoken of ever...

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

Batman 89 very good. From there it gradually degraded into the steaming pile of crap of Batman and Robin.

Studios keep wanting to throw too much crap into a single movie to the point of being beyond silly. Now they are doing it again with the latest round of superhero movies.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 indzman

@hallenbeck77 said:

@indzman said:

@hallenbeck77:

@hallenbeck77 said:

Everything.

Gawdy set design, infantile writing, an bombastic, headache inducing musical score...the list goes on. Schumacher simply decided to take probably one of the worst aspects of the Batman Universe--the overtly campiness and corniness of the 1960's TV show--and ramped it up to an obnoxious degree.

Mr Freeze may not have been a top tier Batman villain, but thanks to Batman: The Animated Series and the episode "Heart of Ice" in particular, a team of talented writers took what was once a third string bad guy and turned him into one of the most memorable characters out there. It was a kids show, but they treated its audience with smart writing and touches of humor. When you have Mr. Freeze spout lines like "You're not going to send me to the cooler!" and have nothing but unfunny puns, bad costumes, and unimaginative writing, (Alicia Silverstone becomes Batgirl by hacking into Alfred's computer? Seriously?!), the whole thing comes off as insulting and a waste of time.

Ahhh, now i understand why you left Batman and Robin show in 20 minutes lol.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By indzman

@HavocV3 said:

@indzman said:

@hallenbeck77:

@hallenbeck77 said:

Kill me.

yeah, it was funny as hell and silly too =P

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Returns is the only one i liked.

The '89 film..idk why I don't like it. It's well done and the acting is great, it just doesn't rub me the right way

Forever was pretty bad, but it had a fun cast.

Batman and The Other Guy was just campy and tasteless..Alicia Silverstone looked hot as hell in that one tho.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26  Edited By chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Batman 1989 was awesome.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#27 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3621 Posts

I liked both Batman and Batman Returns as a kid. As for Batman Forever, I hated it as it looked like comedy then how serious the first two films were. Batman and Robin is probably the worse of the movies, it felt campy like the old Batman TV show from the 1960's. I like Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl but hated how they made her Alfred's niece instead of Commissioner Gordan's daughter. Also Bane was terrible and looked like he was retard just grunting. Even the jokes were terrible so glad a fifth Batman wasn't bad is would probably suck as well.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6816 Posts

Val Kilmer as Batman is underrated.

SythusHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SythusHD
Member since 2013 • 52 Posts

Overalls out of 100

Batman - 88

Batman Returns - 88

Batman Forever - 87 [Much better than Batman & Robin][My favorite from these 4 movies]

Batman & Robin 80

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

Tim Burton yes.

Schumacher absolutely NOT