Did Obama lose your vote when he said....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StatusShuffle
Member since 2012 • 1908 Posts
That he supported Same Sex marriage? Myself, not touching anything near his name, don't care for the reason or why, but same sex marriage doesn't really exist, a president changing definitions shall not be elected to me.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Obama never had my vote and I support gay marriage.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
That's one good thing he said, but no, Barry Romney never had my (hypothetical USA citizen) vote
ninjastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ninjastar
Member since 2003 • 9589 Posts

I support same-sex marriage and Obama.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts
He never had my vote in the first place.
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StatusShuffle

ninjastar
Same Sex marriage is a clash of terms, it doesn't exist. presidents who state things that do not exist must not be elected, when changing definitions of words is looked up to something is wrong with the country, and who runs the country? Obama.
Vac87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vac87
Member since 2012 • 297 Posts

I'm indifferent to same sex marriage and still support Obama.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pirate700

[QUOTE="ninjastar"]

StatusShuffle

Same Sex marriage is a clash of terms, it doesn't exist. presidents who state things that do not exist must not be elected, when changing definitions of words is looked up to something is wrong with the country, and who runs the country? Obama.

How is it a clash of terms?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36033 Posts

I think everyone suspected that he already did support same sex marriage, not only because he use to support it before becoming president, but also because he repealed DADT along with ending government use of DOMA.

No he did not lose my vote. It made me happy to see him stand with his friends rather than finding some middle ground where both his enemies and friends were critisizing him.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#10 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="ninjastar"]

Pirate700

It just is Pirate. Gawd!
sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

more important issues than gay marriage TC.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Indifferent on same sex marriage and Obama never had my vote.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MrPraline
[QUOTE="ninjastar"]

StatusShuffle

Oh look a time traveler. Nice to meet you man. Where you from? 2012 here.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MrPraline
Also AT LEAST use "contradictio in terminis". More classy than clash of terms, broseph. You'd be wrong still but wrong in style.
Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

The liar lost my vote when he said that we were in Afghanistan on account of the September 11 2001 CIA attacks. :|

He might have retained my vote if he'd at least been honest enough to admit that we're there to secure territory for the Trans Afghanistan Pipeline, or for the mining of Afghanistan's vast mineral wealth.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36033 Posts
[QUOTE="ninjastar"]

StatusShuffle

it does exist you dolt. I forget, how many states is it legal in now?
SuperKaio-ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SuperKaio-ken
Member since 2012 • 322 Posts

That he supported Same Sex marriage? Myself, not touching anything near his name, don't care for the reason or why, but same sex marriage doesn't really exist, a president changing definitions shall not be elected to me.StatusShuffle
You realize if "rules" were not changed we'd still be living in a country with slavery? Actually scratch that, we wouldn't even have a country because we'd be living in Africa praying to some nature god eating bugs and drinking each other's urine.

You just sound like another bigot to me TC.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
I support the right of gay people to enter into any contract they want to, including marriage. I also think the government should have absolutely nothing to do with marriage on any level. But I was never going to vote for Obama. I understand the basic principles of economics, so that automatically disqualifies Romney and Obama from consideration.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MrPraline

more important issues than gay marriage TC.

sexyweapons
Economy is more important, sure, but basic human rights and equality are good ways to judge a potential president. I applaud Obama for saying that, even if it was dishonest and a ratings grab.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MrPraline
[QUOTE="famicommander"]I support the right of gay people to enter into any contract they want to, including marriage. I also think the government should have absolutely nothing to do with marriage on any level. But I was never going to vote for Obama. I understand the basic principles of economics, so that automatically disqualifies Romney and Obama from consideration.

Agreed.
FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FMAB_GTO
Member since 2010 • 14385 Posts
I;m not American but something like wont affect my vote....anywhere.
FalcoLX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FalcoLX
Member since 2007 • 4452 Posts

I would never vote for Romney so Obama had it already. Supporting gay marriage improved my opinion of him. It's just sad that no matter what Obama does, some people hate him.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

i know sh!t about politics. havent voted yet as i havent been of age.

if anything i gained more respect for Obama for him supporting same sex marriage.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 StatusShuffle

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="ninjastar"]

Pirate700

THE DEFINTION or the DESIGN of the word Marriage was between the man and a woman, not even talking about religion, that is the defintion, the fact you people want to screw the defintion in the butt hole and change it makes no sense. There fore Gay marriage does not exist. Is 2+2 6 now? Let's all ban together to screw up that to!
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

Well let's see..

- Am I a backwards hill-billy? Nope.

- Do I subsribe to the idea that a book of bronze age sheep hearder mythology should dictate how people live in the here and now? Nope.

- Am I a bigot? Nope.

So I guess my answer is a big fat no TC.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] Same Sex marriage is a clash of terms, it doesn't exist. presidents who state things that do not exist must not be elected, when changing definitions of words is looked up to something is wrong with the country, and who runs the country? Obama.StatusShuffle

THE DEFINTION or the DESIGN of the word Marriage was between the man and a woman, not even talking about religion, that is the defintion, the fact you people want to screw the defintion in the butt hole and change it makes no sense. There fore Gay marriage does not exist. Is 2+2 6 now? Let's all ban together to screw up that to!

What do you mean 'you people'?

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

I also think the government should have absolutely nothing to do with marriage on any level.famicommander

That seems rather shortsighted. Marriage has a direct impact on power of attorney, dispersion of belongings after death in the absence of a will, decision-making power when someone is medically incapacitated, etc. The government should absolutely have something to do with these kinds of legal issues.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#28 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
Romney lost my vote when he took my name off his Swiss bank account. =P
CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

He never had my vote to begin with so I don't care what he said.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] Same Sex marriage is a clash of terms, it doesn't exist. presidents who state things that do not exist must not be elected, when changing definitions of words is looked up to something is wrong with the country, and who runs the country? Obama.StatusShuffle

I should of added to my list:

- Am I dumber than an ameba floating aimlessly in the North Atlantic? Nope.

The definition of words can, have, and will continue to change, you drooling idiot.

A mathematical statement is not, in any way, shape or form equivalent to the definition of a word.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 StatusShuffle

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]How is it a clash of terms?

Pirate700

Didn't you say you support it?
FalcoLX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FalcoLX

The US government can issue marriage licenses. Church and state are separate and people of any faith or non-faith can marry. There's no reason LGBT couples shouldn't be able to.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Words are not static, and their definition can, and often does, change over time with usage. That's how language evolves. Gay once meant "happy". "Lame" once mean "unable to walk". "F*ggot" once meant "firewood". "Passion" once meant "suffering". And so on and so forth.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] THE DEFINTION or the DESIGN of the word Marriage was between the man and a woman, not even talking about religion, that is the defintion, the fact you people want to screw the defintion in the butt hole and change it makes no sense. There fore Gay marriage does not exist. Is 2+2 6 now? Let's all ban together to screw up that to!StatusShuffle

Yes but who are the 'you people' you mentioned?

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

If anything, it improved how I feel about him.

He already had my vote though.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

- Am I a bigot? Nope.

Kinthalis

Your choice of phrasing in the other questions, suggests otherwise.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MrPraline
[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Design? What is this sorcery? Language evolves. Nothing is set in stone, bromeo. The current definition of marriage is a bit more, um, progressive. I know that's hard to understand for you. Women work now. Blacks are accepted. Years have 4 digits. We drive cars. There's wine without hippie parlor tricks. Though you were advanced enough to travel to the future, you'll figure it out. Marriage is marriage. If people who find love wish to have a symbolic ritual and be signed to eachother in law, then more f*cking power to them. Who are you to hold a silly camel f*cking definition in front of them and say it doesn't exist? Nobody. F*ck off c*nt.
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 StatusShuffle

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]How is it a clash of terms?

worlock77

Words are not static, and their definition can, and often does, change over time with usage. That's how language evolves. Gay once meant "happy". "Lame" once mean "unable to walk". "F*ggot" once meant "firewood". "Passion" once meant "suffering". And so on and so forth.

They still mean all those things, they now have slang variations. Marriage does not.
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 StatusShuffle
[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]How is it a clash of terms? MrPraline

Design? What is this sorcery? Language evolves. Nothing is set in stone, bromeo. The current definition of marriage is a bit more, um, progressive. I know that's hard to understand for you. Women work now. Blacks are accepted. Years have 4 digits. We drive cars. There's wine without hippie parlor tricks. Though you were advanced enough to travel to the future, you'll figure it out. Marriage is marriage. If people who find love wish to have a symbolic ritual and be signed to eachother in law, then more f*cking power to them. Who are you to hold a silly camel f*cking definition in front of them and say it doesn't exist? Nobody. F*ck off c*nt.

Sorry, Mariage was mean for that, and kids are often associated with the Definition, which same sex can't do, what you people do is a Civil Union or something. So I guess 2+2 is 6 now since things progress, i knw it's hard for you but the sky is red now. See how that doesn't work?
Reed_Bowie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Reed_Bowie
Member since 2011 • 506 Posts
Pretty strange how, suddenly, he announces his support for gay marriage.........I'm sure it has nothing to do with this upcoming election.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178755 Posts
I don't want to vote for Obama....might go third party this year for the first time.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MrPraline
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] THE DEFINTION or the DESIGN of the word Marriage was between the man and a woman, not even talking about religion, that is the defintion, the fact you people want to screw the defintion in the butt hole and change it makes no sense. There fore Gay marriage does not exist. Is 2+2 6 now? Let's all ban together to screw up that to!StatusShuffle

They still mean all those things, they now have slang variations. Marriage does not.

Definitions change. Language is constantly evolving. "Happy" was never a slang definition for gay Not back then. But I suppose marriage is exempt from changing because it fits your stone age beliefs. Good to know. Bro.
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 StatusShuffle

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]What do you mean 'you people'?

Pirate700

The people who support it that are arguing against the people that don't support it. Which you haven't done... yet.
FalcoLX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FalcoLX
[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"]Sorry, Mariage was mean for that, and kids are often associated with the Definition, which same sex can't do, what you people do is a Civil Union or something. So I guess 2+2 is 6 now since things progress, i knw it's hard for you but the sky is red now. See how that doesn't work?

The sure sign that someone is losing an argument is that they're arguing semantics. Words are just words. They change over time. Marriage is not a religious institution now and probably never strictly was.
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 StatusShuffle
[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

MrPraline

Definitions change. Language is constantly evolving. "Happy" was never a slang definition for gay Not back then. But I suppose marriage is exempt from changing because it fits your stone age beliefs. Good to know. Bro.

I was talking about GAY NOW is a slang defintion, when Gay meant homo at FIRST it was slang, the fact it's woidely used does not change it. So the definiton of 2+2 is 6 using your own dumb logic.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MrPraline
Pretty strange how, suddenly, he announces his support for gay marriage.........I'm sure it has nothing to do with this upcoming election. Reed_Bowie
Oh, of course it was a ploy. No doubt about that. He was against it a few years back. Still, it's at least some progress, considering major politicians can come out for it. [QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] Sorry, Mariage was mean for that, and kids are often associated with the Definition, which same sex can't do, what you people do is a Civil Union or something. So I guess 2+2 is 6 now since things progress, i knw it's hard for you but the sky is red now. See how that doesn't work?

Yeah, marriage is a civil union. So is your marriage. Maybe not too civil considering your culture. Did she consent? Was gold involved? I'm getting off track; any marriage is a civil union. A contract between civilians. You do not have a monopoly on that ritual. Oh, OH, I know you THINK you do. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Definitions change, man. I know stone age people do not like the idea of accepting nature or anything true but good news: you can always push that red button again. Just don't end up somewhere too progressive.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] Didn't you say you support it?StatusShuffle

The people who support it that are arguing against the people that don't support it. Which you haven't done... yet.

I don't need to argue it. I couldn't care less if you're for or against it.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

No, they dont.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

so every word except marriage is allowed to have more than one meaning?

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 StatusShuffle
[QUOTE="FalcoLX"][QUOTE="StatusShuffle"]Sorry, Mariage was mean for that, and kids are often associated with the Definition, which same sex can't do, what you people do is a Civil Union or something. So I guess 2+2 is 6 now since things progress, i knw it's hard for you but the sky is red now. See how that doesn't work?

The sure sign that someone is losing an argument is that they're arguing semantics. Words are just words. They change over time. Marriage is not a religious institution now and probably never strictly was.

I never mentioned religion, I said not involving religion, which means you know you have nothing to argue left.