Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

I saw it late last night with my wife after the festivities, and I was pretty impressed with the themes that it tackled and the way it went about doing so. The songs weren't that great, and admittedly it was a little too on the nose here and there, but it's a kid's film after all. That said it was a story of realization that what you are doing in life is living a lie which also means that you've been doing irrelavent things that could apply to a new understanding of religion, politics, or your job in life, or a number of other things that really hits home if you've ever gone through such an experience/

There was a specific moment where Danny Devito's character realized what he was doing was pointless and wondering what that meant for his future, what he would be seen as by his community now that he no longer had a job to do, and on top of all that, understood his job was actively harming him making it all the worse for him to continue doing it. That moment really hit home for me because we often identify ourselves in life by describing what we do for a job and when that job disappears it sends people into a mild depression and crisis of identity.

Anyways, like I said, the movie isn't spectacular by any means, but the themes of a story seemed to be quite large and unexplored by most kids movies.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16878 Posts

Had to look it up...don't think I saw much in the way of promotion for this, but it looks decent enough. Might take a look eventually.