deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
Member since 2018 • 557 Posts

I did.Recently.Last game i completed was Quantum Break (PC) last year.This year I gave up gaming all together as I enrolled in a MBA class,taking a software technical training alongside a 8Hrs job.

wbu?

well?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I've had spells were I haven't gamed for a while, but I think its dramatic to say your straight up quitting.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Not me. Classes, work, family, and fitness never deterred me from gaming. I just took the time I needed to game from my sleep time.

Even when our first kid was born, I still gamed. I was stuck at home with nothing to do while keeping an eye on the kid...... Perfect time to game.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

Nope, but I had long breaks.

J_Mouse_Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By J_Mouse_Balls
Member since 2019 • 11 Posts

Yes, kind of. Some issues arose with some of my kids at school revolving around what’s described as “middle school aggression”. Teachers should take notice the effects simple cell phone checks can have on your kids. So I won’t leave my 3DS on my desk or quickly check any social media.

Ugh trust me people teachers are underpaid. We aren’t paid to be parents but dealing with minds that aren’t fully developed is part of the job.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

No, never. Gaming in general is a pretty significant part of my downtime routines, along with TV and movies. I may spend more time with one or another from time to time, but with gaming there are so many different types of experiences to try that I think it would be hard to get bored with gaming as a concept (unless you limit yourself by playing on the same kinds of games, such as AAA FPS titles).

-Byshop

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#7 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Long breaks for sure. In fact if I’m lucky I only usually play 2-3 games a year. If I quit I probably wouldn’t be on this forum anymore. :P

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6821 Posts

The only game I play now is chess on my phone. I spend more time watching videos nowadays than playing games.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Nope. I seem to be less excited about games nowadays but I still like them.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I took a break in the late 90's and that was it. Ever since GTA3 I haven't stopped nor wanted to. Gaming has helped my depression it's doesn't fix it but it's a nice distraction and escapism from my out look on life. Which is pretty bad to say the least lol but I don't care anymore I do what makes me happy not what society thinks I should be or wants me to be I'll never be a normie no offense to anybody that is.

X_Karen_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 X_Karen_x
Member since 2019 • 501 Posts

Yes but never from browser based games. Can’t seem to get away from those.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

Not entirely so, but I'm pretty close to having quit. I asked for and got Skyrim (which I intend to play the shit out of) for Christmas and the last game I played through was GTA 5 about two years ago. So basically I spend time on games once in a very rare while.

The reason is two fold, at first it was just that life got incredibly busy between school, work, and a girlfriend (who is now my wife) there just wasn't (and isn't) much time for gaming. It's pretty natural. The second reason is that as you get older you have a lot more in your life that you can do that actually changes the things around you. For example, if I alter my house in some way I get a tangible change that benefits me after I've done the work. Videogames are great for killing time, but at the end of it everything is the same as when you've started. There's nothing wrong with that, but you don't get the same rewarding feeling as you do when you have made some improvement in your life. It makes you not want to play games as much because you know there's a ton of stuff that can give far more rewarding experiences than sitting on a couch playing games by yourself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#13 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I still game here and there, but haven't been in the mood to play much lately.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#14 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@warmblur: That's a good outlook man. Better to put yourself before others sometimes.

X_Karen_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 X_Karen_x

Haven’t had time lately! WAY too busy at work.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8762 Posts

@speeny said:

If I quit I probably wouldn’t be on this forum anymore. :P

I lost count I want to say eight years, or was it 5? A Jodorowsky graphic novel freed my mind for a time. The Technopriests. I know if I re-read it, I will most certainly quit gaming, and OT again.

billnye69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 billnye69
Member since 2003 • 26309 Posts

I used to game all day every day and all night.....but then I finished college, started working more and more, got married. Started putting money towards vacations with my wife. I quit for a few years but have slowly gotten back into it, but I don't put any where near the same amount of time and money into it that I use to. My wife plays Sims4 and I play Assassin's Creed and Xcom for now.

double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts

I can't game near as much as I used to be able to, but I still try to have a few drinks and game for an hour or so each day. It's how I relax and also part of the daily routine.

goodzorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 goodzorr
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts

Play about an hour of an evening, just before bed whilst my girlfriend settles our daughter. That's about it now. Used to play allllllllll the time, but can also have a few days/weeks break where it's not a conscious decision where I think "I must stop gaming for a while", but rather I'm just busy being more sociable, or watching Netflix more.

Occasionally, when the girls are out the house, I'll have a good Sunday afternoon session, but these are few and far between.

X_Karen_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 X_Karen_x

Too much game no good but some game seen as therapy for elders. Very very useful for rehabilitating people. Vr will be bigger in medical field than in game.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

The time between the PS2 dying off, and the Switch releasing was my gaming break.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

I didn't give it up, but I definitely play a tiny fraction of what I used to. I still watch out for unique games and give them a spin once in a while.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

No but I want to.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#24 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I've never given it up, but I have slowed down from time to time because I'd get into reading.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#25 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

What a strange question.

Considering most here are 2nd and even 3rd generation who have grown up with IT and gaming. it´s like asking have you quit TV, music or reading books.

So no I have not quit gaming nor will I probably ever quit, but then again who knows it all depends on the industry and if a few years, all we see are badly done top-down 2d indie games and battle royal/MP games.

Gwynbleidd_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gwynbleidd_91
Member since 2018 • 137 Posts

My backlog prevents me from even considering that.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

I haven't quit, however I have a hard time finding time to play. I also find that my ability to play games comes at goes with where my son is at in his development. When he was a newborn, I could strap him to my chest and play games. When he got older and slept less, I ran out of time to game. Now that he's almost 3 and becoming more independent and fairly disinterested in anything I'm doing, I find more time to play.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#28 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

Playing more recently. Playing the Witcher 3 and Shadow of War. It's kind of funny how the game industry is doing so bad at the moment, with many controversies. How about buying year-old single player games? But no, let's pre-order online mutliplayer games and then moan about timed-exclusive micro-transactions, DLC and 100 dollar premium editions. I really think there are enough old games to keep you busy...

Fsrgon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fsrgon
Member since 2019 • 12 Posts

@carljohnsoncj:

Is that really quitting gaming? You're just taking a break. I've done the same in the past when I've needed to. Call it an extended break.