Dexter Season finale (spoilers)

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts

Ok I literally just got done watching it and OMFG I can't believe what they did. My jaw is still on the floor.

[spoiler] I mean Rita being murdered by Trinity [/spoiler]

It was just so far from my wildest dreams, I was expecting something to happen but nothing of that magnitude. Incredible season on par with the first.

Thoughts? Reactions?

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
When I heard the message, I knew what was going to happen, but good lord, that did not stop my heart from beating rapidly fast. Perfect set up for the next season..
EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

Honestly? The ending was horrible.

[spoiler] Basicly, what will happen next season is that dexter has to be a prime suspect in the murder of his wife. How couldn't he be? he found her dead.. they have no idea where the trinity killer is.. they'll suspect he tried to make it look like the trinity killer did it... IT's not very logical that he'd just happen to kill Dexters wife when they're searching for him and he's suposeably on the run. They have a motive too.. she did kiss that one man. Yet, I really doubt they go this direction.. they probably have something not logical occur.. like always. [/spoiler]

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sammyjenkis898

*spoiler*

EMOEVOLUTION

[spoiler] He didn't even know they were searching for him. There was no indication of him having that knowledge. We don't know how this will play out next season. [/spoiler]

The season ended perfectly. Every other season ended on a positive note. This one ended on one ****ing dark note.

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

I cant wait to watch this but I have to wait until tomarrow since in showtime in canada

EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 EMOEVOLUTION

[QUOTE="EMOEVOLUTION"]

*spoiler*

sammyjenkis898

The season ended perfectly. Every other season ended on a positive note. This one ended on one ****ing dark note.

You're so wrong. This makes everything so much more predictable now. Remove dexters only real connection to reality.. and what do you have left? Not much to think about.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sammyjenkis898

You're so wrong. This makes everything so much more predictable now. Remove dexters only real connection to reality.. and what do you have left? Not much to think about.

EMOEVOLUTION

You know this because you've seen next season? This sets it up perfectly.

[spoiler] Deb knows Dexter's past (sort of) - a kid that was found in a pool of blood with his serial killer brother.Dexter's wife happens to be found dead in his house, murdered the same way every other one of Trinity's bathtub victims have been murdered. [/spoiler]

This brings a string of possibilities.

EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EMOEVOLUTION

[QUOTE="EMOEVOLUTION"]You're so wrong. This makes everything so much more predictable now. Remove dexters only real connection to reality.. and what do you have left? Not much to think about.

sammyjenkis898

Your hopes are too high.. either that or you're easily amused. Seriosuly? Killing off a character that's been in the series since the beging? That's like begging to draw in an audience out of desperation.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

[QUOTE="EMOEVOLUTION"]You're so wrong. This makes everything so much more predictable now. Remove dexters only real connection to reality.. and what do you have left? Not much to think about.

EMOEVOLUTION

Your hopes are too high.. either that or you're easily amused. Seriosuly? Killing off a character that's been in the series since the beging? That's like begging to draw in an audience out of desperation.

I agree. I feel like they're attempting to milk the hell out of the trinity character. I also hate cliff hangers though, I expected some things to actually be wrapped up.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sammyjenkis898

EMOEVOLUTION

They killed off Doakes at the end of season two. He was there from the beginning.

I'm glad they had the ****ing guts to kill off a character as important as her.

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts

[QUOTE="EMOEVOLUTION"]Your hopes are too high.. either that or you're easily amused. Seriosuly? Killing off a character that's been in the series since the beging? That's like begging to draw in an audience out of desperation.

sammyjenkis898

They killed off Doakes at the end of season two. He was there from the beginning.

After working hard all season to make everyone hate her...
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

EMOEVOLUTION

We'll just have to wait and see how the 5th season goes wiith this. Hopefully the writers won't screw up.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sammyjenkis898
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

[QUOTE="EMOEVOLUTION"]Your hopes are too high.. either that or you're easily amused. Seriosuly? Killing off a character that's been in the series since the beging? That's like begging to draw in an audience out of desperation.

xaos

After working hard all season to make everyone hate her...

I honestly didn't hate her..
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

sammyjenkis898

i had a feeling something was going to happen anyways because their marriage was falling apart killing off doakes was one of the reasons why I thought season 2 was the best he was a contributing character that was the only one who knew something was wrong about dexter.... I hope they get rid of quin next season :P
EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 EMOEVOLUTION

sammyjenkis898

The way they killed Doaks.. was just as absurd.. dont' get me started. I really don't like absurdity in series. Honestly, some of the connections they try to make are far reaching. Essentially.. the isolation of Dexter.. is too predictable. I really believe this is the obvious way to go.. By removing this character they are attempting to alienate Dexter further than he all ready is from society.. IF this was a normal series like on Fox or something.. then I'd agree its great way to go, but in this case I really feel its not.

Besides.. only the first few episodes of season 1, and season 4 were good.. after that there are only a few select episodes that were any good and majority of the seasons are just really.. terrible.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

EMOEVOLUTION

The way they killed Doaks.. was just as absurd.. dont' get me started. I really don't like absurdity in series. Honestly, some of the connections they try to make are far reaching. Essentially.. the isolation of Dexter.. is too predictable. I really believe this is the obvious way to go.. By removing this character they are attempting to alienate Dexter further than he all ready is from society.. IF this was a normal series like on Fox or something.. then I'd agree its great way to go, but in this case I really feel its not.

At least they didn't doDoaks like Lindsey did in the books. That was just sad :(

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
I thought it was a great way to finish off the season, totally unexpected (To me at least, somebodies gonna say 'I called it!" to sound like a smart ass though) my jaw hung open during the last part of the finale, something special has to happen for me to do that. Also, EmoEvolution, if you hate the series so much why watch it? It doesn't make sense to me, you obviously aren't a fan of the show, why comment? I'd also like to say Harrison is a link to reality obviously, how can you miss this? Dexter cares more about Harrison than anything, Rita included.
spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

i saw it coming after i heard her give Dexter that speech about controlling his demons

Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
Man do i hate myself for clicking that spoiler button. It was so bright and just calling for me to click. Being in canada i gotta wait till tomorrow but DAMN!!!!!!! I dont know about other people but i wasnt expecting that at all.
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Im_single
[QUOTE="Blitz_Nemesis"]Man do i hate myself for clicking that spoiler button. It was so bright and just calling for me to click. Being in canada i gotta wait till tomorrow but DAMN!!!!!!! I dont know about other people but i wasnt expecting that at all.

I live in Canada...I saw it tonight.
Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
[QUOTE="Im_single"][QUOTE="Blitz_Nemesis"]Man do i hate myself for clicking that spoiler button. It was so bright and just calling for me to click. Being in canada i gotta wait till tomorrow but DAMN!!!!!!! I dont know about other people but i wasnt expecting that at all.

where? online?
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Im_single
[QUOTE="Blitz_Nemesis"][QUOTE="Im_single"][QUOTE="Blitz_Nemesis"]Man do i hate myself for clicking that spoiler button. It was so bright and just calling for me to click. Being in canada i gotta wait till tomorrow but DAMN!!!!!!! I dont know about other people but i wasnt expecting that at all.

where? online?

Nope, Movie Network, on every Sunday at 11PM, and on Tuesdays it goes OnDemand so I can watch it whenever I want to.
spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

Man do i hate myself for clicking that spoiler button. It was so bright and just calling for me to click. Being in canada i gotta wait till tomorrow but DAMN!!!!!!! I dont know about other people but i wasnt expecting that at all.Blitz_Nemesis
would it make you feel better if i told you hes lying:)

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

wow, just finished watching it, just wow, last 5 minutes were unbelievable, actually shed a tear or 2!

just wow! Didn't see that coming at all, mindblowing!

rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
This season really cleaned up for Season 3. I still can't believe I have to wait another year though...
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
[QUOTE="xaos"] After working hard all season to make everyone hate her...

I have hated here since the beginning.
StaticPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#27 StaticPenguin
Member since 2004 • 3433 Posts

Great ending. Didn't see it coming until he listened to her message. What a great show.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jasonharris48

Wow didn't see that coming at all. I may have not cared for Rita's character too much but it's kind of sad to see her go.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="xaos"] After working hard all season to make everyone hate her...shockwave04
I have hated here since the beginning.

I love Julie Benz but her role here was pretty whiny, though I must say I started liking her character better and better lately.

Wow, absolute shocker! Like I said, i got all misty eyed after seeing what happened after she was talking about the beautiful moon on her message. Which, in light of what happened, of course was a full moon, looked like a blood moon.

XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts

Man do i hate myself for clicking that spoiler button. It was so bright and just calling for me to click. Being in canada i gotta wait till tomorrow but DAMN!!!!!!! I dont know about other people but i wasnt expecting that at all.Blitz_Nemesis

Sorry bout that but it was so shocking to say the least. I couldn't believe how it ended. I'm glad they didn't show Trinity figuring out where Dexter lived. And it makes the final conversation between them all so different. It was really reminded me of Seven except Brad Pitt is a killer with a family.

I really want to see where they take it and where 5 will pick up at time wise.

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#31 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]When I heard the message, I knew what was going to happen, but good lord, that did not stop my heart from beating rapidly fast. Perfect set up for the next season..

J, you know I agree. I knew something was gonna go wrong. Sad, I liked Rita, kept Dex somewhat human. I kept wanting him to let her in on more and more of his "activities", now that's not going to happen :(. Next season has endless options storywise.
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

Killing Rita was a huge mistake. This could end up being one of the worst "jumping the shark" moments in TV history. It really is that bad. Don't get me wrong. I HATED Rita. I thought she was an annoying self-serving you-know-what. However, even though this is the case, she was one of the driving forces of Dexter. We learn in the 1st episode of the 1st season of Dexter and Rita dating. We know that he is trying to juggle his job, Rita, and his Dark Passenger side. It is all to keep up appearances.

Like it or not, no matter how annoying Rita got during the years, she was one of the biggest forces keeping Dexter "on his toes". He had to juggle work, her, etc. The writers went in a direction as to make Rita question Dexter more and for her to see some of his tempermant (such as breaking the neighbor's lights). Ok...so this would mean that Dexter would have to be extra careful trying to juggle all his responsibilities of work, Rita, the kids, catching and killing other serial killers, etc. and still be able to hide his Dark Passenger side of himself from her. Instead, the writers decide to do a "shock value" episode purely for viewership ratings of the moment rather than common sense for the longterm.

In essence, the writers have made such a huge blunder now that there is no foreseeable way to get out of it. Ok, so Season 5 scenarios...

1. Dexter gets custody of Astor and Cody. So we see him juggle a job, Deb (who's getting closer and closer to Dexter's entire story), Quinn (who is already suspicious of Dexter), Astor, Cody, and the baby...and do all this while also killing other serial killers? Yeah...

2. Dexter manages to only keep the baby (Astor and Cody now with grandmother). Dexter manages a job, looking for a new girlfriend (just for the purpose of keeping up appearances and blending in to "normal" folk), and feeding a baby at 3 AM, and being constantly tired and boring. Good times...

3. Deb eyes Dexter more closely all throughout season 5 with her new knowledge of some of Dexter's past. She becomes a thorn in his side constantly eyeing him just as Rita has done recently. Sounds like a blast....

4. With his crying baby, Dexter manages to somehow get away from everyone he knows and go to a different country with a new idenity. In season 5, we see 2/3 of the show with Dexter trying to maintain his newfound life and identity. On the other 1/3 of the show is Deb and the rest of the department trying to find clues to where Dexter is at. Sounds amazing...

Yeah, there is no way outta this hole the writers have dug themselves. I'll be amazed if there is some way to dig themselves outta this mess. Doubtful though.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12143 Posts

Wow it was great, like others I knew she was dead as soon as he picked up her phone. I can't wait to see how Season 5 will play out. I wonder what will happen to Aster(who has become detatched from Dex) and Cody who can not take it.

TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts

Some of the negative reactions to the ending are, excuse the rudeness, idiotic. Try thinking about this reasonably instead of spouting off stupid theories on where you think the show will go.

This season ended with Dexter's mistakes and arrogance leading to horrible consequences. It showed him what his secret life can do to the one he keeps out in the open for everyone to see. Dexter kept putting off killing Trinity and even when he started trying he kept slipping up. As down as this gets me too, this is a great place to take the series and its main character.

When you get attached to someone, you are opening up a whole new world of chances for pain and tragedy that you didn't have before. And for someone like Dexter, who has danced with the devil his entire life, the chances of something tragic happening were incredibly high. Sadly, they did happen...in a way he could never imagine.

Dexter losing his ground to reality can really take this show in such an interesting direction. Like sammy so rightly pointed out, you guys act like you know where the series is going. And suspecting Dexter for Rita's murder? That's ridiculous. Sure, they could be lazy and take it in that direction, but I will be very upset if they do. No one has any clue as to where they will take this, but it sure does open things up to a lot of great possibilities, that's one thing we can be sure of. Killing off a main character always runs the risk of being a huge problem, but not when it fits in with the themes and sets up new possibilities on where to take a character. This entire season revolved around Dexter, his family, and the liability they were. He didn't take that liability seriously, he thought he could avoid any of the consequences. He was wrong.

It's sad, yes...but its an excellent evolution for the show to take, one that, regardless of why it was done, makes sense with the themes of this season.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 194197844077667059316682358889
This is probably my #1 complaint with the ending
I would say we made the decision pretty late in the season. We didn't quite know what we were going to do [in the finale].ExecutiveProducerClydePhillips
This says to me that they really don't have a plan and that this was really done with no major thought as to the impact on the character or storyline, but rather was just done as something to get a big one-off reaction. While effective as far as that goes, to me it is one more reason that I can't see this as the well-crafted show almost everyone else seems to think it is. Edit: My word choice first thing in the morning was more extreme than I intended. I do think it's a moderately well-crafted show, I just don't think it is AT ALL the omg wow experience a lot of its fans and critics seem to.
EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 EMOEVOLUTION
[QUOTE="xaos"]This is probably my #1 complaint with the ending
I would say we made the decision pretty late in the season. We didn't quite know what we were going to do [in the finale].ExecutiveProducerClydePhillips
This says to me that they really don't have a plan and that this was really done with no major thought as to the impact on the character or storyline, but rather was just done as something to get a big one-off reaction. While effective as far as that goes, to me it is one more reason that I can't see this as the well-crafted show almost everyone else seems to think it is.

There are a lot of plot holes.. even the killing doesn't fit the trinity killers profile. I believe all the bath tub murders were younger women without children. That being said.. it would have made more sense to have trinity either kill her by a completely original means or to have her killed with the jumper method. IT seems to me that a lot of decisions are made on a flow to flow basis and don't have much forethought. Seriously, Dexter shows up to a raid before everyone else does, without even wearing any raid gear? I don't think any police department would let that go as simply as they did. Especially, considering dexter is just a Lab guy. Anyways, there are some aspects of the show I like, but I believe they execute it the wrong way.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AFBrat77

Some of the negative reactions to the ending are, excuse the rudeness, idiotic. Try thinking about this reasonably instead of spouting off stupid theories on where you think the show will go.

This season ended with Dexter's mistakes and arrogance leading to horrible consequences. It showed him what his secret life can do to the one he keeps out in the open for everyone to see. Dexter kept putting off killing Trinity and even when he started trying he kept slipping up. As down as this gets me too, this is a great place to take the series and its main character.

When you get attached to someone, you are opening up a whole new world of chances for pain and tragedy that you didn't have before. And for someone like Dexter, who has danced with the devil his entire life, the chances of something tragic happening were incredibly high. Sadly, they did happen...in a way he could never imagine.

Dexter losing his ground to reality can really take this show in such an interesting direction. Like sammy so rightly pointed out, you guys act like you know where the series is going. And suspecting Dexter for Rita's murder? That's ridiculous. Sure, they could be lazy and take it in that direction, but I will be very upset if they do. No one has any clue as to where they will take this, but it sure does open things up to a lot of great possibilities, that's one thing we can be sure of. Killing off a main character always runs the risk of being a huge problem, but not when it fits in with the themes and sets up new possibilities on where to take a character. This entire season revolved around Dexter, his family, and the liability they were. He didn't take that liability seriously, he thought he could avoid any of the consequences. He was wrong.

It's sad, yes...but its an excellent evolution for the show to take, one that, regardless of why it was done, makes sense with the themes of this season.

TreyoftheDead

well said, I agree

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="xaos"]This is probably my #1 complaint with the ending [QUOTE="ExecutiveProducerClydePhillips"]I would say we made the decision pretty late in the season. We didn't quite know what we were going to do [in the finale].EMOEVOLUTION
This says to me that they really don't have a plan and that this was really done with no major thought as to the impact on the character or storyline, but rather was just done as something to get a big one-off reaction. While effective as far as that goes, to me it is one more reason that I can't see this as the well-crafted show almost everyone else seems to think it is.

There are a lot of plot holes.. even the killing doesn't fit the trinity killers profile. I believe all the bath tub murders were younger women without children. That being said.. it would have made more sense to have trinity either kill her by a completely original means or to have her killed with the jumper method. IT seems to me that a lot of decisions are made on a flow to flow basis and don't have much forethought. Seriously, Dexter shows up to a raid before everyone else does, without even wearing any raid gear? I don't think any police department would let that go as simply as they did. Especially, considering dexter is just a Lab guy. Anyways, there are some aspects of the show I like, but I believe they execute it the wrong way.

This killing was made out of spite, Trinity was not following his trends at this time, he was thrown out of whack after Dexter saved the boy in his cycle a couple episodes earlier. Also, by killing her in the bathtub, Trinity was making it clear who killed her and that he was "better" than Dexter.

Makes sense to me. Great finale, lots of opportunities next season, and by killing off Rita, he will not be boxed in to be more human, in fact, he may be the biggest monster ever next season.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sammyjenkis898

There are a lot of plot holes.. even the killing doesn't fit the trinity killers profile. I believe all the bath tub murders were younger women without children. That being said.. it would have made more sense to have trinity either kill her by a completely original means or to have her killed with the jumper method. IT seems to me that a lot of decisions are made on a flow to flow basis and don't have much forethought. Seriously, Dexter shows up to a raid before everyone else does, without even wearing any raid gear? I don't think any police department would let that go as simply as they did. Especially, considering dexter is just a Lab guy. Anyways, there are some aspects of the show I like, but I believe they execute it the wrong way.EMOEVOLUTION

Those aren't plot holes. Those are complaints. Trinity wasn't trying to restart his killings (he never murdered the kid). He murdered Rita that way so Dexter knew it was him that killed her.

Dexter showing up early could be a huge aspect of Deb uncovering Dexter's secret.

zatorys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#40 zatorys
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts
K is there dexter s5 ?? if its plz do u have a link ?
EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 EMOEVOLUTION

[QUOTE="EMOEVOLUTION"][QUOTE="xaos"] This says to me that they really don't have a plan and that this was really done with no major thought as to the impact on the character or storyline, but rather was just done as something to get a big one-off reaction. While effective as far as that goes, to me it is one more reason that I can't see this as the well-crafted show almost everyone else seems to think it is.AFBrat77

This killing was made out of spite, Trinity was not following his trends at this time, he was thrown out of whack after Dexter saved the boy in his cycle a couple episodes earlier. Also, by killing her in the bathtub, Trinity was making it clear who killed her and that he was "better" than Dexter.

Makes sense to me. Great finale, lots of opportunities next season, and by killing off Rita, he will not be boxed in to be more human, in fact, he may be the biggest monster ever next season.

Serial killers don't kill out of spite. It's a ritual to them. They'd never include anybody into the ritual for that reason. IT would be more logical that if he was looking to protect his interests, or wanted revenge on Dexter for what he had done to him that he'd have killed her in a much different fashion. Compared to his ritualistic mentality.

EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 EMOEVOLUTION

[QUOTE="EMOEVOLUTION"]There are a lot of plot holes.. even the killing doesn't fit the trinity killers profile. I believe all the bath tub murders were younger women without children. That being said.. it would have made more sense to have trinity either kill her by a completely original means or to have her killed with the jumper method. IT seems to me that a lot of decisions are made on a flow to flow basis and don't have much forethought. Seriously, Dexter shows up to a raid before everyone else does, without even wearing any raid gear? I don't think any police department would let that go as simply as they did. Especially, considering dexter is just a Lab guy. Anyways, there are some aspects of the show I like, but I believe they execute it the wrong way.sammyjenkis898

Those aren't plot holes. Those are complaints. Trinity wasn't trying to restart his killings (he never murdered the kid). He murdered Rita that way so Dexter knew it was him that killed her.

Dexter showing up early could be a huge aspect of Deb uncovering Dexter's secret.

You can make that conncetion.. but Dexter would have known who the killer was anyways. Killing rita that way was basicly like Dexter going out of his way to kill an innocent person just because. A true serial killer with the specific pattern Trinity displayed would have never done that because it would make their ritual meaningless.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sammyjenkis898

Serial killers don't kill out of spite. It's a ritual to them. They'd never include anybody into the ritual for that reason. IT would be more logical that if he was looking to protect his interests, or wanted revenge on Dexter for what he had done to him that he'd have killed her in a much different fashion. Compared to his ritualistic mentality.

EMOEVOLUTION

How exactly would you know that? Trinity's proposition to Dexter was clear - stay out of his way. Dexter didn't obey that proposition, which obviously didn't please Trinity.

Dexter knocked him out for a few hours, stole his car keys, stole his entire savings and stole his wallet.

You expect Trinity to brush that off like it's nothing?

EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 EMOEVOLUTION

[QUOTE="EMOEVOLUTION"]Serial killers don't kill out of spite. It's a ritual to them. They'd never include anybody into the ritual for that reason. IT would be more logical that if he was looking to protect his interests, or wanted revenge on Dexter for what he had done to him that he'd have killed her in a much different fashion. Compared to his ritualistic mentality.

sammyjenkis898

How exactly would you know that? Trinity's proposition to Dexter was clear - stay out of his way. Dexter didn't obey that proposition, which obviously didn't please Trinity.

Dexter knocked him out for a few hours, stole his car keys, stole his entire savings and stole his wallet.

You expect Trinity to brush that off like it's nothing?

Of course not, but he'd never kill her that way. IT doesn't make sense to include a revenge motivated murder into your ritual that has to do with something much darker. Revenge is not the same as going around the country killing people for decades. The murder wouldn't look anything like his other serial killings.

TheNomad1375

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheNomad1375
Member since 2009 • 85 Posts

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="EMOEVOLUTION"] There are a lot of plot holes.. even the killing doesn't fit the trinity killers profile. I believe all the bath tub murders were younger women without children. That being said.. it would have made more sense to have trinity either kill her by a completely original means or to have her killed with the jumper method. IT seems to me that a lot of decisions are made on a flow to flow basis and don't have much forethought. Seriously, Dexter shows up to a raid before everyone else does, without even wearing any raid gear? I don't think any police department would let that go as simply as they did. Especially, considering dexter is just a Lab guy. Anyways, there are some aspects of the show I like, but I believe they execute it the wrong way.EMOEVOLUTION

I guess you know everything about serial killers then?
EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 EMOEVOLUTION
[QUOTE="EMOEVOLUTION"]

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

TheNomad1375

I know a good deal, yes. A serial killers isn't going to replicate his pattern for murder when the reason changes. The whole reason a serial killer might have the same pattern of killings is because of his motivation to them.. when you add in a new element like revenge everything changes.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="EMOEVOLUTION"] There are a lot of plot holes.. even the killing doesn't fit the trinity killers profile. I believe all the bath tub murders were younger women without children. That being said.. it would have made more sense to have trinity either kill her by a completely original means or to have her killed with the jumper method. IT seems to me that a lot of decisions are made on a flow to flow basis and don't have much forethought. Seriously, Dexter shows up to a raid before everyone else does, without even wearing any raid gear? I don't think any police department would let that go as simply as they did. Especially, considering dexter is just a Lab guy. Anyways, there are some aspects of the show I like, but I believe they execute it the wrong way.EMOEVOLUTION

Dexter made this quite personal when he saved the boy from being killed and thus threw Trinity's ritual out-of-whack.

Trinity did want revenge on Dexter for the reason above, and like I said, he killed her in his own fashion to put his stamp of death on Dexter's family and thus showing he bettered Dexter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 194197844077667059316682358889
[QUOTE="EMOEVOLUTION"]

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

TheNomad1375

Given how often Dexter has talked about the importance of ritual, it seems at a minimum weird in the rules of the Dexter universe that Trinity would do this, thoughI find this a less compelling gripe than the (to me) very cynical motivation behind the murder. I wonder if they will bring back Julie Benz so that ghost-Rita can have a scandalous affair with ghost-Harry.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sammyjenkis898

Of course not, but he'd never kill her that way. IT doesn't make sense to include a revenge motivated murder into your ritual that has to do with something much darker. Revenge is not the same as going around the country killing people for decades. The murder wouldn't look anything like his other serial killings.

EMOEVOLUTION

Serial Killers don't all follow a certain line of rules. They don't all have the same line of thinking.

Again, hekilled her so Dexter would know that it was him. He wanted to get revenge after what Dexter had to did to him.

EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 EMOEVOLUTION

[QUOTE="EMOEVOLUTION"]

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

AFBrat77

Dexter made this quite personal when he saved the boy from being killed and thus threw Trinity's ritual out-of-whack.

Trinity did want revenge on Dexter for the reason above, and like I said, he killed her in his own fashion to put his stamp of death on Dexter's familyand thus showing he bettered Dexter.

I didn't say Trinity didn't want revenge. I said the reasons for him being a serial killer in the first place were not motivated by Revenge. HIs whole pattern of behavior is dedicated to something else. When you add in the revenge element his method of killing would change drastically. He would not kill RITA like all his other victims because he wouldn't see her the same way. People are predictable.