warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 5264 Posts

I love the first movie it's probably my favorite shark movie of all time but why must they be making these shitty sequels 20 years later at least they could do is bring some original characters back or something.

turns out climate change pisses off sharks

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 10145 Posts

I really like the first movie. Not only was it a good shark movie, it also featured a decent cast. I had no idea there was a second and now a third. Trailer looks boring.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By warmblur

@johnd13 said:

I really like the first movie. Not only was it a good shark movie, it also featured a decent cast. I had no idea there was a second and now a third. Trailer looks boring.

The second movie was straight to DVD trash it came out a couple of years ago with all new actors and pretty much the same storyline as the first one.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

"That was close!" Heheheheh.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 46951 Posts

This looks...OK. Not great.

First Deep Blue Sea was good. Good cast, decent acting, the plot was unrealistic but it served it's purpose. I liked the whole "shark brain can cure Alzheimer" premise and then they engineer sharks with bigger brains.

And, of course, that classic Samuel L Jackson moment...

@johnd13 said:

Yeah no idea there was a second. I thought the "shark movie" torch was, for better or worse, passed to the Sharknado franchise.

Although Meg was a surprisingly good movie.

@DEVILinIRON said:

"That was close!" Heheheheh.

Good to know tropes (or cliches or whatever) and one-liners are still being put to good use :D

"That was close" followed by maybe a smile or feeling of elation...followed by death.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6341 Posts

Didn't even know there was a second one. I remember enjoying the first, but it's been awhile and I was young.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 42550 Posts

@mrbojangles25: @warmblur: I enjoyed the original. Samuel L. Jackson’s inspirational survival rant mid-movie, ending with the shark pulling him into the water and tearing him to shreds is one of my favorite laugh-out-loud movie moments of all time. Deep Blue Sea 2 comes on Sy-Fy channel every now and then, glad I didn't spend a penny on it and I agree The Meg made up for it. I'll wait for Deep Blue Sea 3 to be air on Sy-Fy.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By warmblur

@davillain- said:

@mrbojangles25: @warmblur: I enjoyed the original. Samuel L. Jackson’s inspirational survival rant mid-movie, ending with the shark pulling him into the water and tearing him to shreds is one of my favorite laugh-out-loud movie moments of all time. Deep Blue Sea 2 comes on Sy-Fy channel every now and then, glad I didn't spend a penny on it and I agree The Meg made up for it. I'll wait for Deep Blue Sea to be air on Sy-Fy.

Yeah, man it took me by surprise I lol out too it was so random and unsuspected. The Meg is awesome I agree it's the best shark movie since Deep Blue Sea.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 10145 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Never really cared for the Sharknado franchise. Those movies are way too ridiculous to be scary. The Meg was decent though.

The Shallows is another good one though it's more realistic and slow-burning.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 42550 Posts

The only way to fully enjoy Sharknado is to turn off your brain.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 5733 Posts

I just watched Meg on Netflix. Not in a rush to watch another shark movie.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 9

#12 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2485 Posts

Can't watch shark movies! Never entirely watched Jaws as it is. Other horror though, no problem.