Daredevil is cancelled

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Do you care? for me I lost interest in this show but this is still one of Netflix best shows Disney is to blame.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/daredevil-canceled-1203054452/#article-comments

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44144 Posts

Well that’s pretty disappointing. I have a couple of episodes left in the third season and I really loved it so far.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#3 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Seems like Netflix is canning a lot of series these days. It’s a shame.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

It was inevitable with Disney and Netflix going separate ways. It's a shame, daredevil was great! Especially season 3.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58925 Posts

It seems like it was time to end it anyway before it becomes stale.

Really, S1 had a perfectly fine conclusion. That would have done.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Shame. Season 1 and 3 were good.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

So that leaves Punisher and Jessica Jones. I like those shows, but if I had to guess I would not have assumed that they'd keep either of those shows over Daredevil. Still, this might just mean Netflix is in the process of cancelling all their Marvel shows and they are keeping JJ and Punisher around for now because their next seasons are already in production.

-Byshop

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Ooof, that's rough. Daredevil was pretty great, but I feel this most recent Season (3) was "meh". Was a bit slow, which I liked to be honest, but it sort of dragged a bit. I loved how they did Bullseye, and having Kingpin come back was incredibly welcome to me. But as far as the protagonist Daredevil himself? I thought they dwelled on his hangups (and Foggy's and Karen's) a bit too much.

No...Luke Cage and Punisher are still my favorite, with Jessica Jones a close third for its non-action focus (sleuthing and problem solving are a nice retreat from the shooting and smashing of Punisher and Cage).

Should have canceled Iron Fist, if anything, and any follow-up Defenders.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58925 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Ooof, that's rough. Daredevil was pretty great, but I feel this most recent Season (3) was "meh". Was a bit slow, which I liked to be honest, but it sort of dragged a bit. I loved how they did Bullseye, and having Kingpin come back was incredibly welcome to me. But as far as the protagonist Daredevil himself? I thought they dwelled on his hangups (and Foggy's and Karen's) a bit too much.

No...Luke Cage and Punisher are still my favorite, with Jessica Jones a close third for its non-action focus (sleuthing and problem solving are a nice retreat from the shooting and smashing of Punisher and Cage).

Should have canceled Iron Fist, if anything, and any follow-up Defenders.

Interesting, I really liked him in Season 3. In season 1 we have a optimistic Batman Begins scenario. With Kingpin much like Ras Al Ghual, having a warped perspective of what is best.

In Season 3 he's much more cynical, feeling that maybe going down the good guy route and having faith in the system might just be a waste of time, with killing him, really the best opinion, while Kingpin slowly rises to prominence again with his achilles heel being the one thing he's emotionally connected too.

It did feel strained though. It's better to just end on a good note than end up with something like Lost and Heroes were the series just falls into a ditch. I kinda thought it done that with Season 2 tbh, just terrible barring Punisher.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

I was just reading about that elsewhere and it's a shame. Was my favorite Netflix show.

Longsnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Longsnout
Member since 2013 • 181 Posts
@crimsonllama said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's brought back for Disney's new service. Along with Luke Cage and the Defenders stuff. They're supposedly making a Loki tv show for god's sake(all pun intended). I liked Loki in the MCU but give it a break guys. Let it go.

I don't think "Let it go" is part of Disney's vocabulary, and they made a damn song about it.

DigitalNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 DigitalNoodle
Member since 2003 • 323 Posts

I would not be surprised if Jessica Jones and The Punisher get cancelled after their seasons end.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Sauce: https://imgur.com/gallery/DR5AylQ

-Byshop

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@warmblur said:

Do you care? for me I lost interest in this show but this is still one of Netflix best shows Disney is to blame.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/daredevil-canceled-1203054452/#article-comments

Disney is parting ways with Netflix, so this is not coming as a big surprise.

It will probably be rebooted on the new Disney streaming service

But it´s not good for Netflix, they are losing a lot of shows to other services.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts

@Jacanuk: it is netflixes one big weakness. they need their own shows and they need more hits that get and keep people signed up.

i know NX have been spending stupid money over the last few years getting their own shows up and running but i dont think they have really managed to land a big hit since, probably, daredevil (S1 apparently nearly brought the service down in places due to the spike in demand) and house of cards before that. they have produced some solid and interesting stuff but just no big hits.

cancelling daredevil i think really confirms that this is more Disney wanting their IP back for their own service rather than any problem with quality or ratings (S3 of daredevil was great). i have heard that disney are now just running out the current contracts they have with NX so we will get one more punisher, one more JJ and something not yet announced (it was something like 14 seasons of marvel shows allowed in total as i understand it though dont quote me on that).

as for the cancellation: yeah disappointing. i was naively hoping that IF and LC were cancelled due to poor ratings and reviews (though LC S1 reviewed well and i thought S2 of that was better again) and that disney would continue to work with netflix to have more adult orientated stuff on that while having more family friendly stuff available on their own service. but this cancellation puts that hope to the sword.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

Honestly I don't care at this point.

Daredevil, and Jessica Jones were obnoxiously boring and while I never finished Iron Fist, I did enjoy it.

Luke Cage was by far my favorite show.

marine39usmc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 marine39usmc
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

@Archangel3371: I agree I finished the first season but have to catch up on the last 2. Wish they would have kept it in the pipeline.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#19 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Shame. They set it up for a fourth season, but that won't happen now. If these shows come back on Disney+, I guess I just won't watch them, because I refuse to pay for that service.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#20 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@JustPlainLucas: I agree. There’s too many streaming services that I don’t want to pay for all of them. Kind of just like pick and choose at this point. Lol

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jacanuk

@JustPlainLucas said:

Shame. They set it up for a fourth season, but that won't happen now. If these shows come back on Disney+, I guess I just won't watch them, because I refuse to pay for that service.

Most likely there will be a 4th season just on Disney unless they reboot it and do their own thing.

And ya HBO, CBS, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and now Disney/Fox, it´s pretty crazy how many different services there are and they all think they can make a platform that is valuable without noticing that all they are doing is watering out the content.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jacanuk

@osan0 said:

@Jacanuk: it is netflixes one big weakness. they need their own shows and they need more hits that get and keep people signed up.

i know NX have been spending stupid money over the last few years getting their own shows up and running but i dont think they have really managed to land a big hit since, probably, daredevil (S1 apparently nearly brought the service down in places due to the spike in demand) and house of cards before that. they have produced some solid and interesting stuff but just no big hits.

cancelling daredevil i think really confirms that this is more Disney wanting their IP back for their own service rather than any problem with quality or ratings (S3 of daredevil was great). i have heard that disney are now just running out the current contracts they have with NX so we will get one more punisher, one more JJ and something not yet announced (it was something like 14 seasons of marvel shows allowed in total as i understand it though dont quote me on that).

as for the cancellation: yeah disappointing. i was naively hoping that IF and LC were cancelled due to poor ratings and reviews (though LC S1 reviewed well and i thought S2 of that was better again) and that disney would continue to work with netflix to have more adult orientated stuff on that while having more family friendly stuff available on their own service. but this cancellation puts that hope to the sword.

Yup, it is indeed Netflix´s biggest problem and it will just become worse, With Disney now owning Fox they have a big market share.

And I don´t believe that Netflix can make up for the removal of Disney/Fox/CBS and other content in the long run with making their own shows, they became a success because they had a lot of content that content is what sells not the platform.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@warmblur said:

I thought it was over last season, i was surprised it kept going actually. But I am not surprised, it was good for a while.

europeisgreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25 europeisgreat
Member since 2018 • 8 Posts

Good, that show sucks anyway.