CW's The Flash: What do you think of it? [Spoilers!]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Emil_Fontz
Member since 2014 • 799 Posts

Like its protagonist, Barry Allen, CW's The Flash moves at a lightening-fast pace. Having made quick work of the young speedster's origin story, it kicked off the saga of The Reverse Flash only a few episodes into its first season, far sooner than fans expected. And now, just a dozen or so episodes later and one away from its first season's finale, "The Blur" has already dispatched The Man in the Yellow Suit (with assistance from a couple of his buddies, Arrow and Firestorm). However, despite the speed at which the series' story has progressed, no corners have been cut in terms of its quality and entertainment value. Thanks to the talent of the show's writers and the cast that brings their work to life, especially Tom Cavanagh, who portrays the enigmatic Doctor Harrison Wells (A.K.A. Eobard Thawne/The Reverse Flash), every episode subsequent to that in which The Yellow Speedster made his debut has been suspenseful and riveting. DC Entertainment has learned a lot from the mistake it made with Smallville, which was the snail-pace at which its story progressed; the entire show was practically a tease up until the long-awaited moment at which Clark finally donned his Cryptonian garb and became The Man of Steel. With its newly gained knowledge of how to do things the right way, DC has decided to get straight to the point with The Flash, assuring that fans don't become bored and impatient. Now, as already mentioned, there remains only one more episode in its first and current season: Fast Enough.

So, what are your opinions on the show? Also, enjoy these images from next week's season finale.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

I like how they are pushing on to the story of flashpoint paradox.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

I like it.

I also really like the crossovers with Arrow.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4  Edited By whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

I like the show, it's a bit unrealistic and hard to believe and at first I watched it mainly because of its tie in with Arrow, but I've gotten used to it and started to like the show in its own right. I still do like the episodes with Arrow crossovers better though. For me though, Wells/Thawne is driving the show and is more interesting than the other characters (the storyline with Ronnie is pretty cool though too). I also liked the scenes with Mason Bridge, that same actor plays a character on the soap opera that my mom and my sister watch and that character (called Franco, because the character was originally played by James Franco of Spider-man fame) has the same personality on that show as Bridge does on the Flash (on my mom's soap opera Franco once joked about being on Arrow actually).

The time-travel plot line is a bit confusing though if you think to much about it.

It was cool on Tuesday's episode to see the Amell cousins team up with Gustin to defeat Reverse Flash, although maybe it does man Barry look a bit bad since Oliver defeated Merlyn and Slade mostly on his own (well Dig helped him fight Merlyn but he wasn't much help, he got taken out with a throwing knife, and Felicity did jab Slade with the Mirakuru cure) while Barry needed help from two other characters. Or maybe it just means Wells is the most formidable of all the Arrow/Flash villains so far, because he moves so darn fast - I mean he's probably too fast even for Ra's to beat. But yet Oliver kind of beat Barry, and I kind of find Merlyn, Ra's and Slade to be scarier villains than Wells.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Emil_Fontz
Member since 2014 • 799 Posts

@whipassmt said:

I like the show, it's a bit unrealistic and hard to believe and at first I watched it mainly because of its tie in with Arrow, but I've gotten used to it and started to like the show in its own right. I still do like the episodes with Arrow crossovers better though. For me though, Wells/Thawne is driving the show and is more interesting than the other characters (the storyline with Ronnie is pretty cool though too). I also liked the scenes with Mason Bridge, that same actor plays a character on the soap opera that my mom and my sister watch and that character (called Franco, because the character was originally played by James Franco of Spider-man fame) has the same personality on that show as Bridge does on the Flash (on my mom's soap opera Franco once joked about being on Arrow actually).

The time-travel plot line is a bit confusing though if you think to much about it.

It was cool on Tuesday's episode to see the Amell cousins team up with Gustin to defeat Reverse Flash, although maybe it does man Barry look a bit bad since Oliver defeated Merlyn and Slade mostly on his own (well Dig helped him fight Merlyn but he wasn't much help, he got taken out with a throwing knife, and Felicity did jab Slade with the Mirakuru cure) while Barry needed help from two other characters. Or maybe it just means Wells is the most formidable of all the Arrow/Flash villains so far, because he moves so darn fast - I mean he's probably too fast even for Ra's to beat. But yet Oliver kind of beat Barry, and I kind of find Merlyn, Ra's and Slade to be scarier villains than Wells.

I actually dislike the moments in which Green Arrow is featured, because I find him to be a lame character. The only superhero who doesn't have powers and whom I like is Batman (he's my favorite superhero overall); all of the others are whack. As for the time-travel plot, I don't find it to be hard to understand; it's actually quite straight-forward, in my opinion.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

@whipassmt said:

Well in Barry's defense, He doesnt have anywhere near the combat skills Oliver has. And Oliver had to use a special arrow (courtesy of palmer) to even deal with the reverse flash. also he was really only able to get a shot on Reverse Flash when he was distracted.

If it was just Oliver and Reverse flash, i doubt even Oliver would be able to take him on.

Barry was also inexperienced when Oliver took him on. He might actually be able to put up a good fight now.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

@konvikt_17: Yeah Barry probably did gain some experience and he has a lot less experience than Oliver since Oliver has basically been training/surviving since later 2007 early 2008 and has had a variety of really good trainers like Shado, Yao Fei, and Slade.

And I don't think Oliver would beat Wells on his own. It pretty much took Barry, Ollie and Ronny (weird how their names all end in an "y" sound huh?) to beat him with some special Arrow. So far it looks like Reverse Flash would win one-on-one against all the Flash and Arrow characters we've seen so far, he's just too fast. Ra's or Merlyn might be able to compensate by planning/anticipating, to beat Barry who is faster than them, but they Reverse Flash is probably just as clever as they are, maybe even more so since he's from the future.