Customer Service Stories

This topic is locked from further discussion.

raghavan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 raghavan
Member since 2003 • 3416 Posts

What are some bad customer service stories you guys have, whether you were the seller or buyer?

I sold tickets in an amusement park and people were very **** Id get tons of people complaining to me about the price and it pissed me off. Didnt have many bad instances as a customer.

D9-THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 D9-THC
Member since 2007 • 3081 Posts

Here is a post of mine from the PC hardware section...

No questions here...just useful information if you ever want to sign up for SBC/AT&T DSL. This could be a long story but I'm going to cut it down to only the juicy details.

So I'm a network admin for a living. I work at a company with multiple sites that involves some travel. So one of the sites today loses its internet connection and one of my co-workers heads over to check it out. We're thinking a UPS went bad or something and our networking equipment just isn't getting power.

He shows up there and after about an hour he can't figure out what is going on. Everything checks out except that he didn't bring his laptop to get into the router there. So he calls me up and I head out with my laptop. After we checked out the router we still couldn't figure it out.

Well when the connection came down, the person who informed us also told us that at home he has the same internet connection and his wife had just called him to let him know their connection went down. After we saw that the UPS was fine we knew it was a problem with the DSL line and figured everyone in the area was affected.

So then we call SBC tech support. We talked to four different people in total because they run a phone company but they are unaware of how to transfer calls because when they would try to transfer us after going through the power cycle BS steps, they would always hang up on us. Every time we'd call back we'd be like "ok now you want me to open the command window and check my ipconfig so I'll do that..."

"No! What I need you to do is click on start. Ok? Did you do that?"

Yep...

"Ok now click on run..."

And open a command prompt?

"No...type in cmd and hit the enter key"

Ok...

"Now type in ipconfig, I as in Irene, P as in Peter..."

Any options for the command? Because just running ipconfig won't do anything...

"...C as in Connie, O...Any what? options? Did you type the command?"

Yes...

"Ok now press enter and tell me what it says for the default gateway"

*I tell him the IP while thinking to myself, instead of taking five minutes to take me through these steps why not just ask me for my default gateway?"*

The thing is, we talked to four different people and all of them took us through this BS. Two of the people said it was a problem with the line and two people said it was a problem on our end. When they would try to transfer us to the line deparment they would just disconnect us every time so we'd have to go through it all again...even after we explained that we got disconnected.

At one point I was "holding" (waiting without being on hold) and the person I was talking to tried to dial someone while still talking to me and ended up muting his ear piece. He sat there, NO EXAGERATION, for 10 minutes saying "Can you hear me?" while I just kept saying "Yup..."

So...three hours after I arrived the geniuses at SBC came to the conclusion that it was a group problem because so many people were calling from the area.

NO ****! The FIRST thing we told them was that it was a group problem because we're not the only ones in the area who lost connection! So now they're going to go ahead and see if they can fix it but the thing is...I was on the phone with someone telling me it wasn't a problem with their line. He was straight up telling me that I was stupid or lying because the problem is on our end. So my co-worker gets on his phone and calls tech support while I'm still talking to the other guy. He cuts them off and explains the whole situation and right away they knew it was a group problem and they had known AND DOCUMENTED IT since 12:30pm...well it was now 3:30pm. Where was the guy that I was talking to working? Obviously not at SBC...

The bottom line is that SBC/AT&T DSL have their heads shoved so far up their ***es that everybody should avoid them at any cost...especially in a business environment.

D9-THC

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#3 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Gamefly - saying why got a lower level game instead of available top 10 games I had in my gameQ. 'was easier for us to get in our warehouse, the games you wanted was in the back while the game we gave you was easier for us to get'
whatsit2ya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 whatsit2ya
Member since 2006 • 1215 Posts

Here is a post of mine from the PC hardware section...

[QUOTE="D9-THC"]

No questions here...just useful information if you ever want to sign up for SBC/AT&T DSL. This could be a long story but I'm going to cut it down to only the juicy details.

So I'm a network admin for a living. I work at a company with multiple sites that involves some travel. So one of the sites today loses its internet connection and one of my co-workers heads over to check it out. We're thinking a UPS went bad or something and our networking equipment just isn't getting power.

He shows up there and after about an hour he can't figure out what is going on. Everything checks out except that he didn't bring his laptop to get into the router there. So he calls me up and I head out with my laptop. After we checked out the router we still couldn't figure it out.

Well when the connection came down, the person who informed us also told us that at home he has the same internet connection and his wife had just called him to let him know their connection went down. After we saw that the UPS was fine we knew it was a problem with the DSL line and figured everyone in the area was affected.

So then we call SBC tech support. We talked to four different people in total because they run a phone company but they are unaware of how to transfer calls because when they would try to transfer us after going through the power cycle BS steps, they would always hang up on us. Every time we'd call back we'd be like "ok now you want me to open the command window and check my ipconfig so I'll do that..."

"No! What I need you to do is click on start. Ok? Did you do that?"

Yep...

"Ok now click on run..."

And open a command prompt?

"No...type in cmd and hit the enter key"

Ok...

"Now type in ipconfig, I as in Irene, P as in Peter..."

Any options for the command? Because just running ipconfig won't do anything...

"...C as in Connie, O...Any what? options? Did you type the command?"

Yes...

"Ok now press enter and tell me what it says for the default gateway"

*I tell him the IP while thinking to myself, instead of taking five minutes to take me through these steps why not just ask me for my default gateway?"*

The thing is, we talked to four different people and all of them took us through this BS. Two of the people said it was a problem with the line and two people said it was a problem on our end. When they would try to transfer us to the line deparment they would just disconnect us every time so we'd have to go through it all again...even after we explained that we got disconnected.

At one point I was "holding" (waiting without being on hold) and the person I was talking to tried to dial someone while still talking to me and ended up muting his ear piece. He sat there, NO EXAGERATION, for 10 minutes saying "Can you hear me?" while I just kept saying "Yup..."

So...three hours after I arrived the geniuses at SBC came to the conclusion that it was a group problem because so many people were calling from the area.

NO ****! The FIRST thing we told them was that it was a group problem because we're not the only ones in the area who lost connection! So now they're going to go ahead and see if they can fix it but the thing is...I was on the phone with someone telling me it wasn't a problem with their line. He was straight up telling me that I was stupid or lying because the problem is on our end. So my co-worker gets on his phone and calls tech support while I'm still talking to the other guy. He cuts them off and explains the whole situation and right away they knew it was a group problem and they had known AND DOCUMENTED IT since 12:30pm...well it was now 3:30pm. Where was the guy that I was talking to working? Obviously not at SBC...

The bottom line is that SBC/AT&T DSL have their heads shoved so far up their ***es that everybody should avoid them at any cost...especially in a business environment.

D9-THC

wow... that must have taken a while

reddevilyi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 reddevilyi
Member since 2006 • 740 Posts

Gamefly - saying why got a lower level game instead of available top 10 games I had in my gameQ. 'was easier for us to get in our warehouse, the games you wanted was in the back while the game we gave you was easier for us to get'mrgab

LOL. At least they were honest.