This topic is locked from further discussion.

E3Abe09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 E3Abe09
Member since 2009 • 129 Posts

Chris Paul finally went to the clippers after like 4 days or something idk but do you think that chris paul and the clippers can make a good playoff run? or he will just leave next year?

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

I doubt they will get past the 1st round. I also think Paul will stay for more then one season

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Won't make any difference. The clippers are just one of those sports teams that will always be bad. Paul won't change that.

Sunfyre7896

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sunfyre7896
Member since 2011 • 1644 Posts

2 guys that can score and a top 2 point guard = good team. They just need one more piece and they'll vie every year. Cayman at center is decent too.

TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TonyDanzaFan
Member since 2010 • 2973 Posts
I am hoping for a Clippers/Knicks finals. My two favorite teams.
dodgerblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dodgerblue13
Member since 2004 • 20846 Posts

2 guys that can score and a top 2 point guard = good team. They just need one more piece and they'll vie every year. Cayman at center is decent too.

Sunfyre7896
Paul is by far the best PG in the league (not the athlete Rose is nor the defender Rondo is, but the best PG for sure). And Kaman was a part of the trade to New Orleans. However, they matched Golden State's bid for DeAndre Jordan so they'll have a defensive post presence. Plus he and Blake Griffin were third and second, respectively, in dunks last season. That might seem like a worthless stat, but with Paul driving the lane and throwing perfect oops, the Clippers have two post players who can average double digits. Jordan can be the new Tyson Chandler for Chris Paul. Also, they brought in Caron Butler and Chauncey Billups who certainly won't hurt. If they held onto Eric Gordon, they'd be serious contenders. For now, they're destined for the playoffs and, given the short nature of this season, perhaps at least a second round appearance. Edit: They still need a shooter and some post depth. That could be their bane. Mo Williams needs to go, but I doubt anyone will want him and his contract. (Cavs fan, here.)
Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Samurai_Xavier
Member since 2003 • 4364 Posts

Pretty sad for New Orleans, without Chris Paul, the city will most likely lose the team. The Hornets will probably move to Seattle or someplace like that.

TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TonyDanzaFan
Member since 2010 • 2973 Posts

Pretty sad for New Orleans, without Chris Paul, the city will most likely lose the team. The Hornets will probably move to Seattle or someplace like that.

Samurai_Xavier
It's their own fault. Chris Paul wanted to be a hornet, and the front management failed.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Samurai_Xavier

There is zero chance of the NBA returning to Seattle in the foreseeable future. The NBA burned so many bridges during the Sonics fiasco, that it's now impossible for voters to ever approve funding for a new arena.

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
Member since 2011 • 1852 Posts
ahhhh first lakers were going for howard and paul and they traded odom to clear up some space for that and now magic say their keeping and now paul is playing fore the clippers. lakers gonna suck this year
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Mavs are winning again so it doesn't matter.
iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts

I still can't believe people think this is a good trade. This gives the Clippers 4 starting PGs and no depth down low. I know that one of the guards can play 2, but it's not natural for any of them. Chris Paul is injury prone and I will be surprised if his knee doesn't act up again this season. Yes Paul and Griffin will be exciting and will put up solid points, but the Clippers traded away depth which comes in need during the latter part of the season. They may trade again to regain some depth, but there is no way they get past the first round with this team.

P.S. I am not a Laker fanboy.