Could Rush Limbaugh be a popular left wing radio guy if he switched his views?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Idream2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Idream2010
Member since 2010 • 469 Posts
Lets just say he wanted to do exactly what he does now, and do a complete turnaround on his political views and make his point of view stand as strongly as he does now?
SmashingX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 SmashingX
Member since 2007 • 625 Posts

I wish he would because it'd ruin his career. he's right up there with bill o'reilly and hannity in the big right extremeist elite squad his audience would plummit =P

hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
probably not... liberals tend to be more subtle in their radicalism (not to say they're not just as bad) and would not follow a self-professed radical like the idiot, Rush Limbaugh.
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
he would have to get in shape first
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
No, liberals (including me) hate him way too much...
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#6 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
I guess, but he'd still be a gigantic douchebag
TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TBoogy
Member since 2007 • 4382 Posts
I don't think liberals want "a leader" or someone we listen to because they agree with our views. That is why there are no big left wing pundits. A few people will surely be mentioned here, but I have never seen ANY of them before (and I am as left as it gets). Once the election is done, I don't need to hear somone ranting for 4 years until the next one. I also think thats why the polls showed the race closer than it was. Liberals are less vocal.
Ace_WondersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ace_WondersX
Member since 2003 • 4455 Posts

Does being an arrogant racist count as political views? Because, unless that changes a lot of people will still dislike him.

wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts

The Left is too big of a tent; everyone has different opinions. The Right requires you to hold very specific views. No need for General Rush (or Hannity, or Beck) to give us marching orders (like trying to destroy the Democratic primaries).

Ace_WondersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ace_WondersX
Member since 2003 • 4455 Posts

I wish he would because it'd ruin his career. he's right up there with bill o'reilly and hannity in the big right extremeist elite squad his audience would plummit =P

SmashingX
I used to consider O'Reilly an extreme right winger, but I realized he's a lot more moderate than people believe.
wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
[QUOTE="SmashingX"]

Ace_WondersX
I used to consider O'Reilly an extreme right winger, but I realized he's a lot more moderate than people believe.

I agree.
SmashingX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SmashingX
Member since 2007 • 625 Posts

[QUOTE="SmashingX"]

Ace_WondersX

Yea i see ur point but overall the network he's on isso biased. I'm releived most of u see limbaugh for what he is though, stupid/crazy/scum/racist

Yoshi25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Yoshi25
Member since 2004 • 4488 Posts

Absolutely not. People don't like to listen to liberal commentators...not even liberals.

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

I used to consider O'Reilly an extreme right winger, but I realized he's a lot more moderate than people believe.Ace_WondersX

Yeah, he likes to call himself some kind of super conservative crusader, but really he's not that conservative.

He's just a really douchey one.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#15 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
he would have to get in shape firstweezyfb
Michael Moore is a fat slob too you know
FunnyMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FunnyMouth
Member since 2009 • 428 Posts

I don't think liberals want "a leader" or someone we listen to because they agree with our views. That is why there are no big left wing pundits. A few people will surely be mentioned here, but I have never seen ANY of them before (and I am as left as it gets). Once the election is done, I don't need to hear somone ranting for 4 years until the next one. I also think thats why the polls showed the race closer than it was. Liberals are less vocal. TBoogy

Liberals are not less vocal. It's one thing to say about yourself, but rest assure, from another's point of view, (I'm not Liberal or Conservative) I am here to tell you otherwise. I've seen countless liberal protests and rallies in my day (Non-electoral ones). The only conservative/republican protests I have seen are Tea Parties, and electoral rallies, and trust me when I tell you the recent Tea parties still do not add up to the amount of Liberal rallies/protests that I've seen/read about/etc.

Yoshi25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Yoshi25
[QUOTE="weezyfb"]he would have to get in shape firstToriko42
Michael Moore is a fat slob too you know

Rush has actually lost weight :lol:
FunnyMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FunnyMouth
Member since 2009 • 428 Posts

Absolutely not. People don't like to listen to liberal commentators...not even liberals.

Yoshi25
Really? Good, because they seem to piss me off more than Conservative commentators. And I've heard a whole lotta' stupid come from Conservative commentators.
Yoshi25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Yoshi25

[QUOTE="Yoshi25"]

FunnyMouth

Really? Good, because they seem to piss me off more than Conservative commentators. And I've heard a whole lotta' stupid come from Conservative commentators.

In case anybody thinks I made it up, here's a link for you. I know, it's outdated...but I'm sure the trend is still similar. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/01/fox-news-claims-9-of-top_n_181878.html

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

SmashingX

Like left extremists are any better...:roll:

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

Probably not. Left wingers don't go for the loud over the top guys as much as right wingers do (example: Bill O'reily gets many many more viewers than Kieth Olbermann)

blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blackngold29
Member since 2004 • 14137 Posts
lol, liberals don't listen to the radio.
xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
I wouldn't think so, I don't even know of any liberal equivalents to Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Beck, etc.