Communism killed 94 million people in the 20th century

This topic is locked from further discussion.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

*sigh*

Seriously people, Lai is just a troll. 

jimkabrhel

Yes, but how else is one to waste time when they should be working?

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

That's funny. On the previous page you just denied that Native Americans had the same rights as you (and not the first time you've stated such ether). You frequently give excuses as to why this group or that group doesn't have rights.

worlock77

They are not excuses, they are reasons. I do not need to excuse facts. I do not need to excuse anything. It is impossible to possess a right that you are incapable of conceptualizing. A right is an abstract immaterial intellectual conception. It exists within the mind, and if it does not and cannot exist within one's mind then that mind does not and cannot possess it. This is a very simple concept and the fact that you refuse to acknowledge it shows that you are stubborn and have a personal vendetta against me. You are more interested in disagreeing with me on anything you can and creating the illusion of me being wrong than you are in simply understanding the world around you.

Again you don't even realize how you contradict yourself. If rights are inherent to a person's existence, as you claimed in the previous quote, then a person has them whether they conceptualize them or not. If rights only exist fort those who conceptionalize them then they are not inherent to a person's existence.

And again, you are showing that you do not understand what I am saying. Rights are inherent to those who have them - that is, those who are intellectually capable of having them. If you cannot conceptualize rights then they are not inherent to your existence.

And the fact that you people assume I am joking when I talk about these issues just shows how ignorant you are about philosophy, because these are basic principles of Objectivism. The questions of if we have rights, why we have rights, and how we have rights, are the basis of any social philosophy. You people are just ignorant.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] They are not excuses, they are reasons. I do not need to excuse facts. I do not need to excuse anything. It is impossible to possess a right that you are incapable of conceptualizing. A right is an abstract immaterial intellectual conception. It exists within the mind, and if it does not and cannot exist within one's mind then that mind does not and cannot possess it. This is a very simple concept and the fact that you refuse to acknowledge it shows that you are stubborn and have a personal vendetta against me. You are more interested in disagreeing with me on anything you can and creating the illusion of me being wrong than you are in simply understanding the world around you.

Laihendi

Again you don't even realize how you contradict yourself. If rights are inherent to a person's existence, as you claimed in the previous quote, then a person has them whether they conceptualize them or not. If rights only exist fort those who conceptionalize them then they are not inherent to a person's existence.

And again, you are showing that you do not understand what I am saying. Rights are inherent to those who have them - that is, those who are intellectually capable of having them. If you cannot conceptualize rights then they are not inherent to your existence.

Do you ever grow tired of trying to tap dance around the implications of your own statements?

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="leviathan91"]

And? :|

Capitalism is a superior economic philosophy but economics itself doesn't kill people. The communist nations of the past failed (or were crud) due to lack of equal rights, individual rights, and freedoms that not just America but most of the Western world benefited from.

nunovlopes

These are not just economic philosophies. They are social philosophies. You cannot separate capital from man. One gives meaning to the other. Communism explicitly rejects individual rights, and that is why the communist nations do not have them. Communism is an inherently evil and destructive ideology.

Then how do you explain tribes in Africa that are still essentially communist, and perfectly happy? Communism clearly works at a smaller scale. Like in a household where only the man or woman works, but the bank account is shared and both use it as needed, and the house and all items in it belongs to both. That's communism at a tiny scale, but the essence is there.

Are you joking? If you think the millions of Africans living in abject poverty who have never even seen a lightbulb or telephone are happy then maybe you should trying living like that for a while and learn. If you think people are happy when they live at the mercy of nature, adapting themselves to the world like an animal rather than using technology to adapt the world to themselves like men, then you are stunningly naive.
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

*sigh*

worlock77

responsibility....
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

Do you ever grow tired of trying to tap dance around the implications of your own statements?

Do you? You are the one who says rights are determined by law rather than nature. You are the one who believes Hitler as within his rights to murder 6 million jews because the laws he wrote said he could. Until you form an actual counter-argument against the Objectivist theory of rights you have no right to criticize it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts

And the fact that you people assume I am joking when I talk about these issues just shows how ignorant you are about philosophy, because these are basic principles of Objectivism. The questions of if we have rights, why we have rights, and how we have rights, are the basis of any social philosophy. You people are just ignorant.Laihendi

This has to be one of the stranges posts I've read here on OT. What "rights" are you talking about? Neither the native americans nor the Europeans had any rights that warranted conceptualizing at the time of the colonization of the americas. The only entity that had any rights were the royal institutions.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

*sigh*

kingkong0124

responsibility....

I'm salaried, not hourly. As long as I get sh*t done by the deadline then the boss doesn't care how much I dick around on the internet.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] And again, you are showing that you do not understand what I am saying. Rights are inherent to those who have them - that is, those who are intellectually capable of having them. If you cannot conceptualize rights then they are not inherent to your existence.

And the fact that you people assume I am joking when I talk about these issues just shows how ignorant you are about philosophy, because these are basic principles of Objectivism. The questions of if we have rights, why we have rights, and how we have rights, are the basis of any social philosophy. You people are just ignorant.jointed

This has to be one of the stranges posts I've read here on OT. What "rights" are you talking about? Neither the native americans nor the Europeans had any rights that warranted conceptualizing at the time of the colonization of the americas. The only entity that had any rights were the royal institutions.

I am talking about natural rights, not legal privileges. If you do not understand the concept of natural rights, then I recommend reading Man's Rights, an essay by Ayn Rand. It is the definitive writing on natural rights.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] And again, you are showing that you do not understand what I am saying. Rights are inherent to those who have them - that is, those who are intellectually capable of having them. If you cannot conceptualize rights then they are not inherent to your existence.Laihendi

Do you? You are the one who says rights are determined by law rather than nature. You are the one who believes Hitler as within his rights to murder 6 million jews because the laws he wrote said he could. Until you form an actual counter-argument against the Objectivist theory of rights you have no right to criticize it.

Produce a post where I've stated such. And myself and others have been countering your bullsh*t for months. Just because you stick your fingers in your ears and say "nuh-uh" doesn't change that. Nor does it change the fact thay you're contradicting yourself then trying to dance around that contradiction. You can't say right are "natural" and inherent to man's existence and then say that only certain men have rights. Well you can say it, but you can't say it and expect people to take you seriously.

Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts

[QUOTE="jointed"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] And again, you are showing that you do not understand what I am saying. Rights are inherent to those who have them - that is, those who are intellectually capable of having them. If you cannot conceptualize rights then they are not inherent to your existence.

And the fact that you people assume I am joking when I talk about these issues just shows how ignorant you are about philosophy, because these are basic principles of Objectivism. The questions of if we have rights, why we have rights, and how we have rights, are the basis of any social philosophy. You people are just ignorant.Laihendi

I am talking about natural rights, not legal privileges. If you do not understand the concept of natural rights, then I recommend reading Man's Rights, an essay by Ayn Rand. It is the definitive writing on natural rights.

Ok, so if neither side understand "natural rights" (as if they exist) then it's logically impossible to discredit the actions of these groups?
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

Produce a post where I've stated such. And myself and others have been countering your bullsh*t for months. Just because you stick your fingers in your ears and say "nuh-uh" doesn't change that. Nor does it change the fact thay you're contradicting yourself then trying to dance around that contradiction. You can't say right are "natural" and inherent to man's existence and then say that only certain men have rights. Well you can say it, but you can't say it and expect people to take you seriously.

No one has ever presented a logical line of reasoning to discredit any of the ideas I have presented. And of course you have never explicitly stated that Hitler was within his rights to murder the jews, and that is the point. You cannot even realize that that is the implication of the idea that rights are determined by whatever the law is, even when someone (like me) explicitly points it out to you. You just deny, roll your eyes, resort to name calling, or any other method of evasion you can come up with. If rights are determined by the law, then any government is necessarily within its rights to commit any atrocity that it allows itself to. I do not believe that you are so unintelligent that really believe that. I do not believe that you are so unintelligent that you are really incapable of recognizing the logical contradictions of such a belief.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Laihendi

And again, the statement that rights are inherent to man's existence raises the question of what man is. To say that all humans are men in the Objectivist sense is just a collectivist idea.

@Jointed - If you read the essay I linked it will address any question you have about natural rights.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Do you? You are the one who says rights are determined by law rather than nature. You are the one who believes Hitler as within his rights to murder 6 million jews because the laws he wrote said he could. Until you form an actual counter-argument against the Objectivist theory of rights you have no right to criticize it.Laihendi

No one has ever presented a logical line of reasoning to discredit any of the ideas I have presented. And of course you have never explicitly stated that Hitler was within his rights to murder the jews, and that is the point. You cannot even realize that that is the implication of the idea that rights are determined by whatever the law is, even when someone (like me) explicitly points it out to you. You just deny, roll your eyes, resort to name calling, or any other method of evasion you can come up with. If rights are determined by the law, then any government is necessarily within its rights to commit any atrocity that it allows itself to. I do not believe that you are so unintelligent that really believe that. I do not believe that you are so unintelligent that you are really incapable of recognizing the logical contradictions of such a belief.

Of course you duck the contradiction in your conflicting statements. Yet you've never addressed the simple question of what rights do you have if there is nobody to enforce them? Without some body of enforcement then what's to stop me from taking your posessions or forcing you off your land? What good are your "natural rights" then?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#215 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

*sigh*

kingkong0124

responsibility....

Meh, I'm on spring break this week.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Laihendi

worlock77

Of course you duck the contradiction in your conflicting statements. Yet you've never addressed the simple question of what rights do you have if there is nobody to enforce them? Without some body of enforcement then what's to stop me from taking your posessions or forcing you off your land? What good are your "natural rights" then?

And again you demonstrate that you have no understanding of what the term "natural rights" even means. The questions of what you can/cannot do, and what you should/should not do are two completely different things, and that is the difference between the law and natural rights. Have you even read a single essay on natural rights? Your posts indicate that you have not. Yes or no question: Was Hitler within his rights to murder 6 million Jews?
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] No one has ever presented a logical line of reasoning to discredit any of the ideas I have presented. And of course you have never explicitly stated that Hitler was within his rights to murder the jews, and that is the point. You cannot even realize that that is the implication of the idea that rights are determined by whatever the law is, even when someone (like me) explicitly points it out to you. You just deny, roll your eyes, resort to name calling, or any other method of evasion you can come up with. If rights are determined by the law, then any government is necessarily within its rights to commit any atrocity that it allows itself to. I do not believe that you are so unintelligent that really believe that. I do not believe that you are so unintelligent that you are really incapable of recognizing the logical contradictions of such a belief.Laihendi

And again you demonstrate that you have no understanding of what the term "natural rights" even means. The questions of what you can/cannot do, and what you should/should not do are two completely different things, and that is the difference between the law and natural rights. Have you even read a single essay on natural rights? Your posts indicate that you have not. Yes or no question: Was Hitler within his rights to murder 6 million Jews?

I'll answer that question after you've answered mine and not until then.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Laihendi

worlock77

And again you demonstrate that you have no understanding of what the term "natural rights" even means. The questions of what you can/cannot do, and what you should/should not do are two completely different things, and that is the difference between the law and natural rights.Laihendi
You are just evading the issue, as usual.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] And again you demonstrate that you have no understanding of what the term "natural rights" even means. The questions of what you can/cannot do, and what you should/should not do are two completely different things, and that is the difference between the law and natural rights. Have you even read a single essay on natural rights? Your posts indicate that you have not. Yes or no question: Was Hitler within his rights to murder 6 million Jews?Laihendi

And again you demonstrate that you have no understanding of what the term "natural rights" even means. The questions of what you can/cannot do, and what you should/should not do are two completely different things, and that is the difference between the law and natural rights.Laihendi

I understand full and well what the term means. Now quit evading my questions.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#220 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
Communism has literally killed nobody. Not a single person. And I don't even support (or like) communism, but I know a crock of sh!t when I see it.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

No one has ever presented a logical line of reasoning to discredit any of the ideas I have presented.Laihendi
Yes they have. You just tend to ignore it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#222 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

This is dumb. Whether or not anyone knows what that term means is irrelevant, since the onus is on you to prove such a thing even exists.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 deactivated-5b78379493e12

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]No one has ever presented a logical line of reasoning to discredit any of the ideas I have presented.PannicAtack

Yup. 

Laihendi: "I'm rational. My ideas are correct. Therefore, everyone else is irrational, wrong, and thus evil, according to Rand, who I idolize."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]No one has ever presented a logical line of reasoning to discredit any of the ideas I have presented.jimkabrhel

Yup. 

Laihendi: "I'm rational. My ideas are correct. Therefore, everyone else is irrational, wrong, and thus evil, according to Rand, who I idolize."

Yeah it's the greatest bit of circular logic I've ever read on OT. It's pretty much the reason why Laihendi is a troll and manufactured persona meant to troll/entertain OT.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Ad hominem. Your argument is invalid.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Laihendi

worlock77

I understand full and well what the term means. Now quit evading my questions.

Is this a joke? I have explained again and again how natural rights have absolutely nothing to do with the law. You are asking a meaningless question.

What is not a meaningless question is the question of whether Hitler was within his rights to murder 6 million Jews. It is a simple yes/no question, and YOU are evading it. You are evading what any moral person would be able to answer, easily and without hesitation. The fact that you are unwilling to simply say that Hitler was not within his rights to commit genocide against the Jews demonstrates your depravity.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Laihendi

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]Yes they have. You just tend to ignore it.

Aljosa23

Yup. 

Yeah it's the greatest bit of circular logic I've ever read on OT. It's pretty much the reason why Laihendi is a troll and manufactured persona meant to troll/entertain OT.

I am not a **** troll. I am sick of being called a **** troll.

Do not call me a troll.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Laihendi

Being called a troll is a compliment when you consider the alternative, which is absolutely batsh1t insane or stupid beyond belief.

i already told you, ill stop calling you a troll when you give me no reasons too

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 deactivated-5b78379493e12

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

Aljosa23

Being called a troll is a compliment when you consider the alternative, which is absolutely batsh1t insane or stupid beyond belief.

i already told you, ill stop calling you a troll when you give me no reasons too

You got Lai to swearsertisk. Bravo, Sir.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

man, he PM'd me a few weeks ago asking me to stop calling him a troll

was funny as hell

we're calling him out on his gig and he's sad to see it die

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

was funny as hell

coolbeans90

lawl I got one a few days ago too.

Lai if you just admit to trolling I'll gladly play along and indulge you

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 PannicAtack

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

Yup. 

Laihendi

Do not call me a troll.

Trololo.jpg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 deactivated-5b78379493e12

was funny as hell

coolbeans90

Just got that PM today. Sad stuff.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#234 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

was funny as hell

coolbeans90
I thought we all knew this from day 1. There's nothing bloody else to do here though unless you count reading what the orangutans are driveling on about on system wars. If Lai is indeed somehow genuine I hope he takes being called a troll as the most polite thing we could call him as if he is indeed genuine he's a slobbering buffoon.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Laihendi

You people have not read a single **** page of Ayn Rand so you have no right to call me a troll. If you do not have even the slightest understanding of Objectivism or libertarianism then you have no right to criticize them.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 PannicAtack
[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

was funny as hell

Ace6301
I thought we all knew this from day 1. There's nothing bloody else to do here though unless you count reading what the orangutans are driveling on about on system wars. If Lai is indeed somehow genuine I hope he takes being called a troll as the most polite thing we could call him as if he is indeed genuine he's a slobbering buffoon.

Well, if he were genuine, I imagine he'd take being called a troll as a serious offense, because it's basically denying that someone as stupid as he is could possibly exist. That's a bit of an insult. A charitable insult, but an insult nonetheless.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]Wonder why successful laisseiz faire systems are non existant NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 deactivated-5b78379493e12

You people have not read a single **** page of Ayn Rand so you have no right to call me a troll. If you do not have even the slightest understanding of Objectivism or libertarianism then you have no right to criticize them.

Laihendi

How do you know that we haven't read Ayn Rand?

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#239 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

Rights are inherent to those who have them - that is, those who are intellectually capable of having them. If you cannot conceptualize rights then they are not inherent to your existence.

Laihendi
I hate to feel like I'm jumping on a bandwagon but this is the stupidest sh!t I've ever read. And I read things on the INTERNET.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

jimkabrhel

How do you know that we haven't read Ayn Rand?

Because if you had then you would understand that my positions are perfectly in line with Objectivism, which is a legitimate philosophy. It is not a joke.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
Lai, do you have a shrine dedicated to ayn rand and other ayn rand paraphernalia?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Laihendi

Objectivism and libertarianism by extenstion are pitifully simple to understand. Objectivism is a joke philosophy that no one takes seriously. How many serious Objectivist thinkers even exist? Now compare that to Communism. What Marx, Engels, et al wrote exists in the Western canon of literature while Ayn Rand's work appeals to teenagers like yourself who believe they have the whole world figured out. I also like how this thread is built on a false premise, since there hasn't existed a country that's operated by the ideals created by Marx.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

Aljosa23

Objectivism and libertarianism by extenstion are pitifully simple to understand. Objectivism is a joke philosophy that no one takes seriously. How many serious Objectivist thinkers even exist? Now compare that to Communism. What Marx, Engels, et al wrote exists in the Western canon of literature while Ayn Rand's work appeals to teenagers like yourself who believe they have the whole world figured out. I also like how this thread is built on a false premise, since there hasn't existed a country that's operated by the ideals created by Marx.

And who determines the Western canon? You are just making a hazy appeal to authority, and appeal to consensus combined into one. The Communist Manifesto is probably the most laughably and perfectly incorrect political manifesto that has ever been written. Every prediction he made was wrong.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Laihendi
Lai, do you have a shrine dedicated to ayn rand and other ayn rand paraphernalia? DroidPhysX
My life is a shrine to Ayn Rand.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

And who determines the Western canon? You are just making a hazy appeal to authority, and appeal to consensus combined into one. The Communist Manifesto is probably the most laughably and perfectly incorrect political manifesto that has ever been written. Every prediction he made was wrong.Laihendi
No one "determines" it, works are determined to belong there when their influence is recognized. Whatever your personal thoughts on The Communist Manifesto, it is one of the most influential works of political science of the last 200 years. To deny this just shows how stubborn and wrong you are so there's no point in having a decent discussion since you can't acknowledge basic facts.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 PannicAtack
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]Lai, do you have a shrine dedicated to ayn rand and other ayn rand paraphernalia? Laihendi

Your life is a dedication to someone who is long since dead. Doesn't sound very Objectivist to me...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 deactivated-5b78379493e12

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]Lai, do you have a shrine dedicated to ayn rand and other ayn rand paraphernalia? Laihendi

I'm glad we finally got that straight. 

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

Laihendi
I've read Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged. Fountainhead was "okay" and I'm being charitable when I say Atlas Shrugged was a mess. If you want to base your view of things off bad works of fiction go ahead but don't be surprised when everyone thinks you're stupid.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]And who determines the Western canon? You are just making a hazy appeal to authority, and appeal to consensus combined into one. The Communist Manifesto is probably the most laughably and perfectly incorrect political manifesto that has ever been written. Every prediction he made was wrong.Aljosa23

No one "determines" it, works are determined to belong there when their influence is recognized. Whatever your personal thoughts on The Communist Manifesto, it is one of the most influential works of political science of the last 200 years. To deny this just shows how stubborn and wrong you are so there's no point in having a decent discussion since you can't acknowledge basic facts.

If The Communist Manifesto was so influential, then why did the worldwide proletarian revolution never happen? And why did the Russian revolution that did happen result in a tyrannical government that murdered tens of millions of its citizens? Marx was a failure and he had no idea what he was talking about. The world Ayn Rand depicted in Atlas Shrugged is exactly what is happening today.

Look at the extreme feminists and multiculturalists in Finland and Sweden who are creating laws against freedom of speech in the name of arbitrary political correctness. Look at all the failed businesses here in America being propped up by subsidies. Look at the anti-intellectual propaganda campaign in the schools where professors preach that the mind is incapable of knowing, that reason is futile, that rights do not exist, that chaos and misery are the natural states of existence for man. That is exactly what Ayn Rand warned us about.

Witchtripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Witchtripper
Member since 2013 • 61 Posts

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

Ace6301

I've read Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged. Fountainhead was "okay" and I'm being charitable when I say Atlas Shrugged was a mess. If you want to base your view of things off bad works of fiction go ahead but don't be surprised when everyone thinks you're stupid.

Reminds me of this quote from Raj Patel:

There are two novels that can transform a bookish 14-year-kids life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish daydream that can lead to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood in which large chunks of the day are spent inventing ways to make real life more like a fantasy novel. The other is a book about orcs.