Comic readers: Would you read either of these series?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 brucewayne69
Member since 2012 • 2864 Posts

So I wrote this on a website looking for an artist to team up with, but I figure it could read easily to everyone.

I'm an aspiring writer, and here are a bit of my ideas and thoughts. Be HONEST, please. I need to know if I suck!

Here's a link so there isn't a huge copy/paste job.

http://www.zwol.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5215

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Just read through them and I think it would be more productive for you to give an idea of where you're going with these, rather than just giving the first few panels.

I am a little concerned that you mention styles that you're going for instead of giving a broader outline. It would make me at least worry that you're basing yourself too heavily in other people's works and don't have enough ideas of your own. That's kind of reinforced by the fact that what you've got written down in the first few panels for each (especially the first one) are pretty standard settings/scenarios.

Not meaning to discourage you or anything just thought it might be good to lay out your ideas a little more!

brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 brucewayne69

Just read through them and I think it would be more productive for you to give an idea of where you're going with these, rather than just giving the first few panels. I am a little concerned that you mention styles that you're going for instead of giving a broader outline. It would make me at least worry that you're basing yourself too heavily in other people's works and don't have enough ideas of your own. That's kind of reinforced by the fact that what you've got written down in the first few panels for each (especially the first one) are pretty standard settings/scenarios.chessmaster1989

Are you talking about my examples of artists styles? Or the descriptions of the art?

I could definitely write more- I would love to. It's fun. I was just giving a taste of my writing style (that needs improved, no doubt), and just a basic premise. I originally posted this on a site that's designed for creators to meet and team up. So I was describing the panels to see what the artists who submit a sample could do.

Tomorrow I'm going to sit down and write up an overarching storyline that will tell you all where the plot is going and what it's all REALLY about. This was just a sample of the tone and basic, basic, plot themes.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]Just read through them and I think it would be more productive for you to give an idea of where you're going with these, rather than just giving the first few panels. I am a little concerned that you mention styles that you're going for instead of giving a broader outline. It would make me at least worry that you're basing yourself too heavily in other people's works and don't have enough ideas of your own. That's kind of reinforced by the fact that what you've got written down in the first few panels for each (especially the first one) are pretty standard settings/scenarios.brucewayne69

Are you talking about my examples of artists styles? Or the descriptions of the art?

I could definitely write more- I would love to. It's fun. I was just giving a taste of my writing style (that needs improved, no doubt), and just a basic premise. I originally posted this on a site that's designed for creators to meet and team up. So I was describing the panels to see what the artists who submit a sample could do.

Tomorrow I'm going to sit down and write up an overarching storyline that will tell you all where the plot is going and what it's all REALLY about. This was just a sample of the tone and basic, basic, plot themes.

Sorry I wasn't aware that when you were referring to those series, you were talking about art style. My mistake!

Looking forward to seeing the overarching plotline. No need to rush it though unless you've already thought it out already, you (most likely) won't come up with a great series in an afternoon.

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hatiko
Member since 2006 • 4669 Posts

I liked the second one (not a big fan of crime stuff unless it is a mini). Although the first one did have that creepy feeling that would be seen in one of those older horror movies (you know, when they were good).

But I agree with the other guy, it would be nice to see what you have plotted out so far to see how these stories will progress.

brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 brucewayne69

I'll write more this afternoon, thanks for the kind replies.

brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 brucewayne69

I literally just wrote for an hour. Then my browser shut down. I was about to click submit. I am so pissed off. I'm sorry.