Co Workers who b*tch about little things experience

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

Anyone have to deal with coworkers who just complains just about the most minor things. I remember one time I stocked literally 99.9% of the cups and had take care of a few guest that came in so I couldn't finish all of them. My coworker was there a few minutes later looking at them I assume he was going to help me out a bit since I was about to leave. Apparently he started bitching about me not fulling stocking one of them when I was going to leave than complaining how I did this everyday. Seriously the guy was right there looking at them somehow he thinks he has no obligations to do them when we all share the same task. I literally help the guy do other task that he should have done by himself and this is the thanks I get.

Anyone want to share a similar experience?

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

In my experience coworkers can be ungrateful no matter how hard you try

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

@blueeyedcasva said:

It's also hypocrisy where they bitch about something so minor than later on do the exact same thing.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Dont' have co-workers...but my boss annoys me...granted he is getting old..so I just put it to as old people syndrome. :P

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Yes, all the time. And they tend to be the most unproductive and least reliable.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

@superbuuman said:

Dont' have co-workers...but my boss annoys me...granted he is getting old..so I just put it to as old people syndrome. :P

Same lol

@deathlordcrime said:
@blueeyedcasva said:

It's also hypocrisy where they bitch about something so minor than later on do the exact same thing.

My solution is find another job or work at a different shift. That how I dealt with coworker I didn't like.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

In all my years never hated anyone as much as the guy I worked with at my old job. I left him there one time by himself and went home as a final **** you and it felt good.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

Well in my work experience, i'd make sure the manager notices, and beyond if possible. The thing is a good manager, or supervisor, ect will notice those things. AT times they won't say anything, but they should know who the hard workers are. In my case, i went though stuff like that for many years, and it does pay off. At the end, if pink slips are handed, they will be handed to the people who don't work hard. Also when applying for a higher position within the company, it is the good workers who get in. Also, i do have a similar experience going on now. I do most of the dirty work you can say, and the other at times helps, but mostly surfs the net, and that has been noticed. In the end, we hope for the best. Keep up the hard work, and all should work out. If not, you can always apply at another company, and when leaving this company, make sure you point these things out on your exit interview. You never know, they might look into it, and give you your job back. So many possibilities, if one wishes.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@blueeyedcasva said:

This has been my experience as well, which is why I generally talk to coworkers before doing anything and ask them what they want to do. I've found people generally appreciate the courtesy of being asked, and then you establish a sort of rhythm with them where you can exchange tasks every other day, i.e. "yesterday I stocked shelves, so why don't I run the register today while you stock shelves. Then I will stock shelves tomorrow."

Even unreasonable people find this acceptable, and in the event they don't and they keep complaining, you can tell your boss you were very fair and diplomatic about sharing the duties of your work. Just don't nitpick over small stuff; if you had to stock shelves 17 days out of the month and the other person 14 days, just let it go lol.

Unless you get promoted to supervisor. Then you are expected to do 2x the work of anyone else and receive all the blame when things don't go right because "it happened on your shift". Hurrumph!

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

Fortunately I work in a professional environment, so I don't have to deal with much petty complaining from coworkers.

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

Most of the complaints I hear are about the lack of coordination and communication between some of the supervisors. No one really complains about fellow coworkers except for one useless mechanic who thinks everyone else is useless.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Serraph105  Online
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@deathlordcrime: I would personally respond with letting that guy do his own work by himself. I wouldn't neglect your own work or your shared work, but I would let his workload increase if he's going to be giving you that kind of attitude. If, for some reason, he can't keep up and is replaced you can try helping the next person to come along.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Serraph105  Online
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@byof_america: Same for me, I currently have a manager who people don't think highly of because a lack of ability to do his job. He could learn to be better at it, but his lack of listening and communication generally holds him back so he's largely become an obstacleto work around rather a person people feel they can come to and work with.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@bforrester420 said:

Fortunately I work in a professional environment, so I don't have to deal with much petty complaining from coworkers.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

if the cups are at least 60% full you stocked the f***ing cups!

Avatar image for deactivated-585ea4b128526
deactivated-585ea4b128526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-585ea4b128526
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

Every once in awhile I have to work around an ocd, bipolar piece of shit. Sometimes I can make it a whole week, other times I make up some bs excuse as to why I need to leave early and just bolt. Then a week later management is passing him off to another crew. I just feel sorry for his ex wife, she hung in there for 12 years. I don't even want to imagine what she had to go through, I could see something as stupid as the tv being on the wrong channel when he got home, setting him off.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

I never really noticed it much until lately. Whiny people who complain about things they have no control over. Change your mindset and attitude, and deal with it.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

There was a time when I cared and did everything i had to and beyond. Now I just do what I need for the day and I see the same response. So I say **** it don't care.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@TheHighWind said:

if the cups are at least 60% full you stocked the f***ing cups!

nah man they're 40% empty.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

Sounds to me like those guys that dodge certain work because they think there above it

MrsSolidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 MrsSolidSnake
Member since 2009 • 5003 Posts

I work in a female dominant industry and that is the story of my life. Every little thing they pick on.

I once left a dish under the trolley accidentally and even though more people went through to put dishes away they left it there for me to cop the blame in the morning instead of simply moving it and putting it in the sink.

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

Try working at a certain online warehouse it's literally just whining all the time.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@MrsSolidSnake said:

I work in a female dominant industry and that is the story of my life. Every little thing they pick on.

I once left a dish under the trolley accidentally and even though more people went through to put dishes away they left it there for me to cop the blame in the morning instead of simply moving it and putting it in the sink.

Ditto.