CNN caught staging fake Muslim protest

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

CNN = Fake News

And you thought Trump was tearing into their asses before?

Get your popcorn ready

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Very fake news. I mean, CNN. Shame on them.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Can you stop spreading actual fake news and dis-information? Does GS have policies against this?

“This story is nonsense. The group of demonstrators that was at the police cordon was being allowed through by officers so they could show their signs to the gathered media. The CNN crew along with other media present simply filmed them doing so.”

"Police allowed demonstrators thru cordon "so they could show their signs" to media, @CNNPR says. CNN, BBC, AP "simply filmed them doing so."

"A group of London Muslims have come bearing flowers and posters saying "ISIS will lose" and "Love will win" across a photo of Tower Bridge. pic.twitter.com/ECCLIRC3dp" (Different outlet).

@frank_castle said:

CNN have just been caught in a leaked video with reporter @BeckyCNN FAKING a muslim protest against #LondonBridge. pic.twitter.com/XLdtNq6Rmr

— Caolan Robertson (@CaolanRob) June 4, 2017

CNN = Fake News

Get your popcorn ready

Which of their stories was fake? The Flynn and CIA debriefing stories which made Trump initially and most stringently call them fake were both confirmed.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@zaryia said:

Can you stop spreading actual fake news and dis-information? Does GS have policies against this?

“This story is nonsense. The group of demonstrators that was at the police cordon was being allowed through by officers so they could show their signs to the gathered media. The CNN crew along with other media present simply filmed them doing so.”

This is called stage-managing and it's 100% unethical in journalism. The fact you're defending this basically just goes to show you're playing teams - not actually acting like an individual governed by morals or ethics. People at the scene said the actors dispersed immediately after shown on CNN (e.g. not a real organic gathering).

P.S. If GS had policies against disinformation, most of your threads would be closed.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

It would be good to see more about the muslims opposing these terrorist acts. It's a shame if this is fake. I'm sure there are many muslims who would happily go on TV to show they are against the actions of those IS losers.

Something is odd about this story. You see. Apparently muslims constantly and very actively condemn these terrorist strikes. Protests, twitter, forums... you know, the usual stuff. But the media doesn't like showing it. I mean, I never hear about it on the news locally. So it doesn't add up. Why would CNN create a fake protest to show muslims against terrorism when there are plenty of real muslims against terrorism...

Why would they do it while people are pretty out and in the open filming them? Hmm. After some consideration I think that the simplest answer is the right answer. It was real, they did try and make them look good and get a pretty picture of it all, and that has been filmed by these bystanders. And that might be staging and wrong to do; I have no knowledge of how journalism works.

https://muslimscondemn.com/

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zaryia

@KHAndAnime said:
@zaryia said:

This is called stage-managing and it's 100% unethical in journalism. The fact you're defending this basically just goes to show you're playing teams - not actually acting like an individual governed by morals or ethics. People at the scene said the actors dispersed immediately after shown on CNN (e.g. not a real organic gathering).

P.S. If GS had policies against disinformation, most of your threads would be closed.

This is not abnormal crew news behavior. They simply pulled the protesters to the side to get a solo shot. These were not fake protesters - and this thread is a farce. The person who started this stupid rumor was the nutjob Katie Hopkins.

1. Almost all of your threads or posts are fake or disinformation campaigns (like you just did in this thread) - and I typically prove it with citation (or other posters). You are the punching bag of this forum.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/political-gamers-909409192/trump-launches-commission-to-investigate-voter-fra-33390781/#54 (HOLY self ownage batman)

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/political-gamers-909409192/guantanamo-terrorist-released-by-barack-obama-caug-33393013/#15

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/political-gamers-909409192/colbert-announcement-of-comey-firing-gone-awry-33390541/#33 (You are so dumb.)

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/political-gamers-909409192/experts-who-first-concluded-putin-hacked-president-33393037/#33

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/political-gamers-909409192/subpoenas-issued-to-obama-administration-officials-33393291/#5 (Lmao moron)

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/political-gamers-909409192/wapo-solidifies-reputation-as-fake-news-after-crit-33393011/#8

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/political-gamers-909409192/trump-surges-in-polls-during-first-foreign-trip-33392392/#25 (That didn't last long)

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/political-gamers-909409192/unlike-obama-trump-doesnt-bow-down-before-saudi-ki-33391835/#59 (He did though.)

These are all tabloid breitbart trash posts. You should be ashamed. Use better sources other than far right tabloid sites and you might not get owned so hard all the time. There is a reason you get laughed out of all of these threads.

I actually challenge you to link my threads and link citation showing them to be false, the same way everyone does to yours.

2. If GS had policies against disinformation, you would be perm banned.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#9 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@zaryia: Did you just go full freight train mode? XD

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@zaryia said:

"Police allowed demonstrators thru cordon "so they could show their signs" to media, @CNNPR says. CNN, BBC, AP "simply filmed them doing so."

"A group of London Muslims have come bearing flowers and posters saying "ISIS will lose" and "Love will win" across a photo of Tower Bridge. pic.twitter.com/ECCLIRC3dp" (Different outlet).

@frank_castle said:

CNN have just been caught in a leaked video with reporter @BeckyCNN FAKING a muslim protest against #LondonBridge. pic.twitter.com/XLdtNq6Rmr

— Caolan Robertson (@CaolanRob) June 4, 2017

CNN = Fake News

Get your popcorn ready

Which of their stories was fake? The Flynn and CIA debriefing stories which made Trump initially and most stringently call them fake were both confirmed.

I have no idea why you would even begin to defend this staging, no matter what the background was for them being there.

You can clearly see from the video that they get instructed where to stand, how to hold etc... that is highly unethical and poor journalism.

RageQuit4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 RageQuit4Life
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts

@zaryia: To be honest, you're scaring me. You're clearly programmed. You need some help.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@zaryia said:

This is not abnormal crew news behavior. They simply pulled the protesters to the side to get a solo shot. These were not fake protesters - and this thread is a farce.

So now you're saying staging is okay because CNN does it all the time?

You're really not building your case dude. I don't understand your vested case in defending them in this particularly circumstance.

Trump makes mistakes. I've acknowledged that on multiple occasions. But mistakes aside, I believe in his agenda. Similarly, CNN is allowed to make mistakes and you can keep believing in their agenda.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zaryia

@KHAndAnime said:

@Jacanuk said:

I have no idea why you would even begin to defend this staging, no matter what the background was for them being there.

You can clearly see from the video that they get instructed where to stand, how to hold etc... that is highly unethical and poor journalism.

@RageQuit4Life said:

@zaryia: To be honest, you're scaring me. You're clearly programmed. You need some help.

They are real protesters spotted by other news networks in other areas actually protesting (AP). The CNN news crew among others (BBC) wanted a specific solo shoot of them. In a photo shoot you are told were to stand....None of this is uncommon. News crews take directed and focused public photos and videos like this of real people on a regular basis. You three will offer zero proof that they are fake protesters, and this won't blow up into a real story (ie: Brian Williams).

But I'm not surprised you three wingnuts (lmao Ragequit is a deepstater, now that is scary) are eating up the fake news on this situation by Hannity and Hopkins. Pretty sad. Keep up with the conspiracies.

More info (from Fox of all places) shows how dumb and gullible you guys are:

A source with knowledge of the situation added that the network was part of an "assembled group of media" in the area where the shot in question occurred.

"You an clearly see at the beginning of the video on social media that a group of press photographers is asking the demonstrators to stand in front of them so that they can see them — there's nothing sinister going on there."

Dumpstered.

Also, Khand I love how you were too scared to respond to the rest.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

@zaryia: This kind of stuff still hurts news media especially when trust is low. I don't care about getting a good shot I just want raw facts. I follow independent journalists because they get right in the thick of it.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:
@zaryia said:

This is not abnormal crew news behavior. They simply pulled the protesters to the side to get a solo shot. These were not fake protesters - and this thread is a farce.

You're really not building your case dude. I don't understand your vested case in defending them in this particularly circumstance.

Trump makes mistakes. I've acknowledged that on multiple occasions. But mistakes aside, I believe in his agenda. Similarly, CNN is allowed to make mistakes and you can keep believing in their agenda.

All pre-planned protests are staged. That's the whole point.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

@zaryia:

Trying to distort the narrative by dressing it up off of opportunists is the definition of fake news.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zaryia

@Gaming-Planet said:

@zaryia:

Trying to distort the narrative by dressing it up off of opportunists is the definition of fake news.

Moving protesters in for better shots isn't fake news or fake protests (As the OP put it). This just objectively isn't the definition of fake news. This issue was show business and flashyness, for better or worse (mostly worse, news shouldn't be that way). You can say it's sensationalist though, possibly. News clearly has a problem with that.

@darklight4 said:

@zaryia: This kind of stuff still hurts news media especially when trust is low. I don't care about getting a good shot I just want raw facts. I follow independent journalists because they get right in the thick of it.

Fair enough, I was simply correcting the false thread title. News clearly has a problem with trying to artificially spice things up (MSNBC/CNN) or straight up just being pure opinion (FOX). A lot of local stations do this too when interviewing witnesses at the scene of the report. They will set cameras up and put them behind the area they want them behind.

I just can't believe the far right is pulling this stunt lol. And then there's the usual suspects believing every word of it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

@zaryia:

Fake news is reporting something false FYI.....

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

So even after the story is confirmed to be fake and that the protest did happen, people are still insisting that CNN faked it? Some people are so desperate to find something to be angry about, its rather scary.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

@toast_burner said:

So even after the story is confirmed to be fake and that the protest did happen, people are still insisting that CNN faked it? Some people are so desperate to find something to be angry about, its rather scary.

The American right has created such a massive narrative that all Muslims are terrorists are support terrorism that it's completely unfathomable to think some muslim could protest against such things. Therefore the only truth that can exist is that any images or stories showing muslims against terrorism must be fake news.

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bigfootpart2
Member since 2013 • 1131 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:

It would be good to see more about the muslims opposing these terrorist acts. It's a shame if this is fake. I'm sure there are many muslims who would happily go on TV to show they are against the actions of those IS losers.

Something is odd about this story. You see. Apparently muslims constantly and very actively condemn these terrorist strikes. Protests, twitter, forums... you know, the usual stuff. But the media doesn't like showing it. I mean, I never hear about it on the news locally. So it doesn't add up. Why would CNN create a fake protest to show muslims against terrorism when there are plenty of real muslims against terrorism...

Why would they do it while people are pretty out and in the open filming them? Hmm. After some consideration I think that the simplest answer is the right answer. It was real, they did try and make them look good and get a pretty picture of it all, and that has been filmed by these bystanders. And that might be staging and wrong to do; I have no knowledge of how journalism works.

https://muslimscondemn.com/

Radical Muslim = Wants to chop your head off

"Moderate" Muslim = Wants the radical Muslim to chop your head off

Moderate Muslims aren't really much of a thing. They are mostly an invention of the politically correct media.

Loading Video...

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@ferrari2001 said:
@toast_burner said:

The American right has created such a massive narrative that all Muslims are terrorists are support terrorism that it's completely unfathomable to think some muslim could protest against such things. Therefore the only truth that can exist is that any images or stories showing muslims against terrorism must be fake news.

Not all Muslims are terrorists, but they are supported by a great many other Muslims.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@KHAndAnime said:

@Jacanuk said:

@RageQuit4Life said:

They are real protesters spotted by other news networks in other areas actually protesting (AP). The CNN news crew among others (BBC) wanted a specific solo shoot of them. In a photo shoot you are told were to stand....None of this is uncommon. News crews take directed and focused public photos and videos like this of real people on a regular basis. You three will offer zero proof that they are fake protesters, and this won't blow up into a real story (ie: Brian Williams).

But I'm not surprised you three wingnuts (lmao Ragequit is a deepstater, now that is scary) are eating up the fake news on this situation by Hannity and Hopkins. Pretty sad. Keep up with the conspiracies.

A source with knowledge of the situation added that the network was part of an "assembled group of media" in the area where the shot in question occurred.

"You an clearly see at the beginning of the video on social media that a group of press photographers is asking the demonstrators to stand in front of them so that they can see them — there's nothing sinister going on there."

Dumpstered.

As i said i do not care about if they are real or not, they are being put into a situation that is staged and that is not the job of a journalist.

A journalist observe , what CNN is doing there is create the story to fit their own ideas. And that is propaganda and making false stories.

So do not think this is about fake or not fake muslim protesters , because you are missing the boat 100% if you think that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@KHAndAnime said:

@Jacanuk said:

@RageQuit4Life said:

Dumpstered.

As i said i do not care about if they are real or not, they are being put into a situation that is staged and that is not the job of a journalist.

A journalist observe , what CNN is doing there is create the story to fit their own ideas. And that is propaganda and making false stories.

So do not think this is about fake or not fake muslim protesters , because you are missing the boat 100% if you think that.

But they didn't create a story to fit their own ideas...

You're really grasping for straws.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:

Apart from it being the main title and main focus of the OP....

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

And? i did not make the thread. I´m only responding to the issue here, the title could be "smurfs is red not blue" for all i care.

The issue is that CNN and who else is there, staged the protest so it fits into their narrative. So what the protesters is, still does not matter one bit, since CNN did not act like ethical journalists but reported a story they made.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

And? i did not make the thread. I´m only responding to the issue here, the title could be "smurfs is red not blue" for all i care.

The issue is that CNN and who else is there, staged the protest so it fits into their narrative. So what the protesters is, still does not matter one bit, since CNN did not act like ethical journalists but reported a story they made.

It wasn't just CNN. It was a slew of news crews who wanted a better shot of people who were already protesting.

#Nothinggate

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

It wasn't just CNN. It was a slew of news crews who wanted a better shot of people who were already protesting.

#Nothinggate

Again and?

You don't see a problem with media outlets creating their shots? Sorry i cant be as nonchalant about Media who crosses the line from observers to creators.

If you think this is nothing then i am at a loss for words, particular considering your political views.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zaryia

How is this new to you lol? They all do this, especially local news.

Fake outrage.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

@zaryia said:

Shut up

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zaryia

@Jebus213 said:
@zaryia said:

Shut up

Make me.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@zaryia said:
@Jebus213 said:
@zaryia said:

Shut up

Make me.

Stop or the thread will be closed.

-Byshop

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7259 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

#Nothinggate

Again and?

You don't see a problem with media outlets creating their shots? Sorry i cant be as nonchalant about Media who crosses the line from observers to creators.

If you think this is nothing then i am at a loss for words, particular considering your political views.

If you have a problem with this staging, you should stop using video as a medium to consume news, and only read print outlets with no pictures. Video news likes to show things clearly lit with minimal camera movement, which often means arranging the subjects in a way that looks nice.

Maybe it would be more natural if they just showed wide angle shots of the backs of people's heads and garbled audio, but no one wants to watch that. So they pick out a few people and say, "Hey, would it be alright if we film you over here?"

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zaryia

@Byshop said:

Stop or the thread will be closed.

Closing threads with false information in the title/op?

Shaykh Mohammad Yazdani Raza, Chairman of London Fatwa Council, led the small march in solidarity with the victims at Borough Market on Sunday where the attack took place. He and his supporters were filmed by news outlets and the group gathered inside a police cordon around the the site of the attack for a photo-op for CNN, the BBC, and other media outlets.

All jokes aside...yeah this story is dead. Was fun while it lasted though.

Damn photo-ops, @Jacanuk knows the true scourge of this land.

garywood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By garywood69
Member since 2013 • 518 Posts

This thing is definitely a bit fishy. Whilst there is a semi-innocent explanation for it, the fact that the media were actually directing the protestors where to go and stand tells you something in and of itself. If they were purely investigative journalists, they shouldn't technically have any actual influence over the events they're covering.

@bigfootpart2 said:

Radical Muslim = Wants to chop your head off

"Moderate" Muslim = Wants the radical Muslim to chop your head off

Moderate Muslims aren't really much of a thing. They are mostly an invention of the politically correct media.

They definitely ARE a thing. The Left is absolutely in denial about the numbers though. From all of the polling data we have worldwide, it does seem like moderates/liberals are probably less than 50% of all muslims.

ruthaford_jive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ruthaford_jive
Member since 2004 • 519 Posts

I saw CNN and my bullshit meter already reacted accordingly...