Christians that hate and judge h0mosexuals are hypocrites....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 0

#1 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I often here from some Christians (certianly not all) that homosexuality is a sin and a death sentence to hell, and I wonder if these people have actually read The Bible to begin with.

Now to be fair I am a Jew so I may not have the best understanding of Christian theology, but I read The Bible (I find it important to learn about different faiths) and I can safely say that Christians (again some) have missed the point completely or never read it in the first place.

Jesus said "He who is without sin cast the first stone", guess what? That means that you are not allowed to judge homosexuals if you are a Christian. Jesus also said to love your neighbor as you love yourself, and that all men are God's children.

That also includes homosexuals. Also The Bible does not talk about same sex marriage, not once. It seems to be a non issue and Jesus seemed to be more concerned with heterosexual couples and what they do and not homosexuals.

The message of The Bible is to love God and to love others. Why do (some) people that call themselves Christians misunderstand this?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
What if you're a gay christian?Can you cast the first stone?
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
Ask a Christian to quote what Jesus said about Homosexuality. They love it.
Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
The old testament also says that any man who sleeps with another man should be put death (its phrased something like any man that sleeps with man kind). And peter calls homosexuality an abomination and sin because in his time romans practiced a lot of man on man sex.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts
[QUOTE="Nuck81"]Ask a Christian to quote what Jesus said about Homosexuality. They love it.

lol have you actually done this?
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Serraph105

Btw I full agree with the topic title, and yes I am christian.

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Diablo-B
... Also The Bible does not talk about same sex marriage, not once. It seems to be a non issue and Jesus seemed to be more concerned with heterosexual couples and what they do and not homosexuals...ShadowMoses900
Thats cause this wasnt an issue. Marriage is a religious union and christian/jewish churches would not allow this. Today however the gov't gives benefits to married couples
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

The bible got one of the most fundamental aspects of human morality incorrect - slavery. It "allows" and considers it acceptable under some conditions. Slavery is something that is universally deemed as immoral under nearly any civilized society.

If the bible couldn't even get something so basic and important correctly, why does anyone think that it would have also been correct about something as complex as human sexuality?

This isn't an issue of "Dont judge homosexuals even if you think they are wrong." Its about the more fundamental "you have no basis on which to deem homosexual as wrong." The bible isnt a reference for that.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

....people in OT seem to forget the OT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5e9044657a310
[QUOTE="Serraph105"][QUOTE="Nuck81"]Ask a Christian to quote what Jesus said about Homosexuality. They love it.

lol have you actually done this?

Absolutely
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ShadowMoses900

The old testament also says that any man who sleeps with another man should be put death (its phrased something like any man that sleeps with man kind). And peter calls homosexuality an abomination and sin because in his time romans practiced a lot of man on man sex. Diablo-B

The Torah (what you call the Old Testament) doesn't say they should be put to death per se, just that a man who sleeps with another man will not inherit the kingdom of God.

In ancient Jewish culture (Israelites) survival was the utmost importance and so was reproduction, so it was seen by the tribe as a selfish act to not take a wife and give her a child. The romans were a pagan culture, so of course Peter hated them and their practices. The romans treated the Jews like dirt.

Also I want to make it clear that one can disagree with the homosexual lifestyle without being a bigot. That is a common misconception that some liberals make.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

BossPerson
Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Diablo-B

The bible got one of the most fundamental aspects of human morality incorrect - slavery. It "allows" and considers it acceptable under some conditions. Slavery is something that is universally deemed as immoral under nearly any civilized society.

If the bible couldn't even get something so basic and important correctly, why does anyone think that it would have also been correct about something as complex as human sexuality?

This isn't an issue of "Dont judge homosexuals even if you think they are wrong." Its about the more fundamental "you have no basis on which to deem homosexual as wrong." The bible isnt a reference for that.

XaosII
To add to this the bible also regarded women as property even to the point where in the old testament the punishment for raping an unmarried virgin was you had to pay her dad (who owned her) some cattle or gold. If she was not a virgin you paid nothing (shes unmarried and not virgin therefore a slut). If she get pregnant then you have to marry her (how kind). If you raped a married woman you would be stoned to death (you stole another man's property).

Remember the bible was written by men and in that day slavery and woman having no rights was the norm so they bible those men wrote allowed those actions. The Bible does have some wise life lessons but it should not be taken as a rule book of truth that solves all issues for everything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5e9044657a310

BossPerson
When people bring up the Old Testament Christians always say, "well when Jesus came he did away with the Old Testament" Then Christians use Old Testament scripture to justify some form of Hate or Bigotry.
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 XaosII

Also I want to make it clear that one can disagree with the homosexual lifestyle without being a bigot. That is a common misconception that some liberals make.

ShadowMoses900

There does not exist a single, non-religious reason to disapprove of homosexuality.

Its rather difficult to not come up with a non-bigoted reason since it stems from an intolerant creed.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

Nuck81
When people bring up the Old Testament Christians always say, "well when Jesus came he did away with the Old Testament" Then Christians use Old Testament scripture to justify some form of Hate or Bigotry.

You pick your morality first, then you pick and choose from the "lords words" to justify it somehow.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

Nuck81

then they immediately refer to the ten commandments....which are in the OT

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ShadowMoses900

XaosII

The anceint Jews did not have slaves in the sense you think. They did have servents per se and they could be seen as slaves in the modern sense, but at the time it was vastly different among the Israelites (and Jews are against slavery as we were slaves to egyptians according to Exodus, and slaves to other cultures as well throuout the ages).

In Israelite culture, you could not physically harm a slave, if you did they were set free. And they were only slaves because of debt, and it was temporary, never permanent. You were also responsible for the slaves health and well being, and that of his family as well. Compared to other cultures at the tme, the Israelites were far more humane.'

The Bible does have contradictions, but so do other important texts. It depends on how you interpet it and being aware of the time period. However the core message is fundamental and I believe The Bible (and it's variations like Torah, Quran) are important for society. But they should not be given the power to govern, but they shouldn't be silenced either.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#19 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
Original topic.
Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Diablo-B

[QUOTE="Diablo-B"]The old testament also says that any man who sleeps with another man should be put death (its phrased something like any man that sleeps with man kind). And peter calls homosexuality an abomination and sin because in his time romans practiced a lot of man on man sex. ShadowMoses900

The Torah (what you call the Old Testament) doesn't say they should be put to death per se, just that a man who sleeps with another man will not inherit the kingdom of God.

In ancient Jewish culture (Israelites) survival was the utmost importance and so was reproduction, so it was seen by the tribe as a selfish act to not take a wife and give her a child. The romans were a pagan culture, so of course Peter hated them and their practices. The romans treated the Jews like dirt.

Yea you are right on the torah part part Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

XaosII

There does not exist a single, non-religious reason to disapprove of homosexuality.

Its rather difficult to not come up with a non-bigoted reason since it stems from an intolerant creed.

I disagree with the lifestyle, but my religious views are only an aspect of it. I disagree with it because anal sex is not healthy and quite risky, it can cause all kinds of issues, and I believe it's more "natural" for a man and woman. It just makes more sense to me.

However I support g@y rights and don't care if they get married. It's about love and tolerance.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wis3boi

[QUOTE="XaosII"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

I disagree with the lifestyle, but my religious views are only an aspect of it. I disagree with it because anal sex is not healthy and quite risky, it can cause all kinds of issues, and I believe it's more "natural" for a man and woman. It just makes more sense to me.

However I support g@y rights and don't care if they get married. It's about love and tolerance.

implying they all partake in this specific act :|

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Diablo-B

[QUOTE="XaosII"]

ShadowMoses900

The anceint Jews did not have slaves in the sense you think. They did have servents per se and they could be seen as slaves in the modern sense, but at the time it was vastly different among the Israelites (and Jews are against slavery as we were slaves to egyptians according to Exodus, and slaves to other cultures as well throuout the ages).

In Israelite culture, you could not physically harm a slave, if you did they were set free. And they were only slaves because of debt, and it was temporary, never permanent. You were also responsible for the slaves health and well being, and that of his family as well. Compared to other cultures at the tme, the Israelites were far more humane.'

The Bible does have contradictions, but so do other important texts. It depends on how you interpet it and being aware of the time period. However the core message is fundamental and I believe The Bible (and it's variations like Torah, Quran) are important for society. But they should not be given the power to govern, but they shouldn't be silenced either.

The Bible says in both the old and new testament that slavery is allowable. Now it Paul does say that slaves should obey their masters but master should be kind to their slaves. So its a nicer, more pleasant form of slavery but its slavery none the less
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="XaosII"]

wis3boi

I think it's pretty accurate to say that the vast majority of gay men have anal sex, most straight couples do not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5e9044657a310
most straight couples do not.ShadowMoses900
This is 2012. Not 1812
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 themajormayor
[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]most straight couples do not.Nuck81
This is 2012. Not 1812

ewwww
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts
@ShadowMoses900, are you by any chance a Reform Jew?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5e9044657a310
[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]most straight couples do not.themajormayor
This is 2012. Not 1812

ewwww

30-40 years ago oral sex was considered Taboo.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 themajormayor
[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Nuck81"] This is 2012. Not 1812

ewwww

but it's gross. I don't want my penis in that sh*thole. Tossing the sallad on the other hand=yum!
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ShadowMoses900

@ShadowMoses900, are you by any chance a Reform Jew? th3warr1or

That is the sect I am most familiar with, yes. But my local synagouge is in the process of becoming Reconstructionist, which I am not so familiar with. The only other synagouges here are an Orthodox one and a Messianic one.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 th3warr1or
Ah, thought so.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

The Bible said a lot of things that we would not agree with today, not even your typical normal Christian. You also have to take in consideration of what those words meant back then because, as I'm aware, words back then compared to today had differing definitions and meanings.

This goes for any religious text out there too. But hey, there is one thing I do agree with those religious rightwingers and it's that we should return to traditional marriage...

[spoiler] ...back to the 1700s when marriage was just a social status and you were allowed to go on wild escapades. :P [/spoiler]

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
Paul does condemn lesbianism specifically, and the OT is very clear on how it feels about gay people. Why would a religious Jew not be against gays? Leviticus doesn't exactly mince words on the subject.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Serraph105

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

I think it's pretty accurate to say that the vast majority of gay men have anal sex, most straight couples do not.

what of the ones that do?
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

Catholics, not christians.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

Serraph105

what of the ones that do?

What about them? That's their business. I'm not against people doing it, if that's what they personally want then so be it. It's not my business to judge what others do behind closed doors as long as they are consenting adults. I don't care.

Still doesn't mean I have to personally agree with the act. It's kind of like my view on smoking. I don't believe in it, I think it's unhealthy, but if someone wants to do it that's their business and by no means does it make them bad people.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

[citation needed]

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 XaosII

ShadowMoses900

Yeah... Everything you mentioned has absolutely no impact on what i've said.

The bible got slavery wrong; what makes you think it got homosexuality right? "Because other books have contradictions" isn't an answer. Its a poor excuse to justify why your own book is allowed to be wrong - never even mind why you think it should be taken as truth.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

[citation needed]

I have never went out with a woman that wanted it. I went out with one that did it before, she told me it was painful. I don't want to try it.

I doubt most straight couples engage in that practice, if they do that's their business, but the anus is not designed for penetration.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

[citation needed]

How many gay people have you met that don't pitch or catch? Not saying they're not out there, but I haven't met them.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

XaosII

The bible got slavery wrong; what makes you think it got homosexuality right? "Because other books have contradictions" isn't an answer. Its a poor excuse to justify why your own book is allowed to be wrong - never even mind why you think it should be taken as truth.

I never said it was right, just that it's important to understand the context and the time, which was my point.

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Diablo-B
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] ewwww

but it's gross. I don't want my penis in that sh*thole. Tossing the sallad on the other hand=yum!

So you would put your tongue up a girl's butt but not your penis interesting. I say if you clean and health all back yard activities welcome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5e9044657a310
[QUOTE="Diablo-B"][QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Nuck81"] 30-40 years ago oral sex was considered Taboo.

So you would put your tongue up a girl's butt but not your penis interesting. I say if you clean and health all back yard activities welcome

He was just being the Major Mayor with that statement
Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

When religious people hate so hard on gays I'm convinced it's to suppress their feelings. What single reason is there to adamantly hate on gay people? If they are gay they go to hell, how does this affect you? Just because they get married doesn't mean you for some reason are going to go to hell now too.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ShadowMoses900

Paul does condemn lesbianism specifically, and the OT is very clear on how it feels about gay people. Why would a religious Jew not be against gays? Leviticus doesn't exactly mince words on the subject.Rhazakna

The only Jews I know that hate gays are the Orthodox, but they hate just about everything, including other Jews that are not Orthodox. Most Jews stand up for gays because we know what it's like to be a minority and hated.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 th3warr1or

XaosII

In your opinion, the Bible got slavery wrong. That the bible allows slavery being wrong is an opinion, not fact. You say every "civilized society" considers slavery immoral, and yet every civilized society had slaves at some point in time, some being as recent as 2 centuries back.

So you want the Bible to rule on something, and pass a law that NOBODY would keep, because 3000 years later slavery is going to be "immoral?"

No. Slavery is not immoral. To YOU, slavery is immoral. To MODERN society, slavery is immoral.

You also said that nothing he mentioned has any impact on what you said? Well it does, because it's an extremely regulated form of slavery that cannot even be considered the same form of servitude as American slavery. Were Americans required by law to FREE their slaves after 7 years?

When is slavery implemented? I bet you think the Israelites just sailed to Africa and shipped off people by the hundreds to sell.

1) If he stole and does not have the means to reimburse the victim. In this case the thief is sold by the courts and the money goes to pay for the stolen items.

2) A person is also allowed to sell himself as a slave if he is poverty-stricken and desperate.

I see absolutely nothing immoral about that. In both the above instances, the slave goes FREE after 7 years.

You don't walk up to a random dude and then kidnap him and sell him as a slave or make him your slave.

"One who kidnaps a man and sells him, and he was found in his possession, he shall surely be put to death." - Exodus 21:16

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Nuck81"] 30-40 years ago oral sex was considered Taboo.Diablo-B

That sounds even worse. That's just filthy.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 XaosII

ShadowMoses900

Eating fatty foods is not healthy and quite risky; it can cause all kinds of issues. Yet, i dont exactly see books preaching about how they should be second class citizens and not deserving of the same posthumous rewards as another person.

And don't even get me started on the "natural" argument. Polyester and plastics, as synthetically manufactured materials, aren't natural either. No one seems to mind.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 themajormayor
[QUOTE="Diablo-B"][QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Nuck81"] 30-40 years ago oral sex was considered Taboo.

The tounge isn't as hard and don't go so deep so there's much less risk of any accidents. It's just really nice and surprising. Girls love surprises. Doesn't hurt her or anything either.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

[citation needed]

I have never went out with a woman that wanted it. I went out with one that did it before, she told me it was painful. I don't want to try it.

I doubt most straight couples engage in that practice, if they do that's their business, but the anus is not designed for penetration.

Neither is the mouth and neither is your hand :P