Chinese Cigarettes

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OmniXIISlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 OmniXIISlash
Member since 2011 • 39 Posts
I just got some Chinese cigarettes from a friend that went to china for a month and I wasn't expecting what I got. They are just as good as most US cigarettes and FAR cheaper. Another plus is that that packs are freaking beautiful. American packs are so bland in comparison and don't have awesome colored filters (like the shiny red Diamond cigarettes) One pack is Yun Yan, but I think it's a fake because it has the lesser panda symbol and pack color. Now if they are fake they are still amazing and one of my favorite cigarettes. Another is call Diamond and they have red filters which look amazing. They put off an almost cinnamon smell which is very nice. There is a pack of HAOMAO with a Cat on them and a blue filter. Baisha with Swans on it (haven't opened it or tried them yet so I don't know the filter color and Suanoxi which I also haven't tried yet. Frankly I don't know why american cigarettes are so expensive and are nothing better then these extremely cheap cigarettes, but once we start putting the graphic anti smoker pictures on 50% of each cigarette pack I don't know if I'll be able to continue buying the already ugly american cigarette packs. I wish I knew a legal way to import Chinese cigarettes for cheap. If anyone ever has a chance to get some chinese cigarettes there is no reason to not to pick some up. They are a little stronger in general, but even if you don't want that they are just as good as most american packs (far better then are cheap bottom line Pyramid packs. I just wish I understood why America feels the need to overcharge for their normally not even above average cigarettes and tax them to high heaven. So please sorry for the long read, but I'd love to hear what you all think of Americas on par with China cigarettes for huge amounts of money.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

pro tip from a CSS true warrior

dun smoke

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
I've smoked Hao Mao (Good Cat) and Bai Sha (White Sand) cigarettes. In fact, I've got some Bai Sha cigarettes in my cigarette holder now. Hao Mao's are a bit strong, I think. Since it's obligatory to smoke in China if you want to build proper relationships, I've actually smoked god knows how many brands, but usually I just accept and smoke it without thinking about what brand. Never have smoked an American cigarette before, so I can't comment on the flavor, but I've never found the packages here in China to be too attractive comparatively. And the reason cigarettes are so expensive in the US is due to a) cost of living differences, and b) the US's cigarettes are taxed much worse than Chinese cigarettes. It's good that you're thinking of the children. :P
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#4 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
If Chinese tobacco is anything like Chinese produce, I can only imagine what fun types of chemicals are in those cigarettes.
Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

I'm not smoking anything without a dead fetus on it Though, I hear the gaping neck holes are pretty good.

OmniXIISlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 OmniXIISlash

I'm not smoking anything without a dead fetus on it Though, I hear the gaping neck holes are pretty good.

Blue-Sky
Oh lordy. Is one of the graphics going to be a dead fetus? I might have to buy a few american cigarettes to collect and trade all the freak pictures, but After that I'll just smoke Lesser Panda cigarettes cause they look cool and don't give children any money from taxes on them.
OmniXIISlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 OmniXIISlash

pro tip from a CSS true warrior

dun smoke

JigglyWiggly_
But smoking is good. I don't understand what you mean. I don't think you're a pro at all.
majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 majoras_wrath
Member since 2005 • 6062 Posts
Enjoy your lead and who knows what else that tends to end up in Chinese goods.
cybrcatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cybrcatter
Member since 2003 • 16210 Posts

If Chinese tobacco is anything like Chinese produce, I can only imagine what fun types of chemicals are in those cigarettes.DJ_Lae
As opposed to all of the healthy additives found in American cigs?

OmniXIISlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 OmniXIISlash
Enjoy your lead and who knows what else that tends to end up in Chinese goods.majoras_wrath
Enjoy your taxes and living in an overpopulated world.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

I smoked some chinese cigarettes this one time.

I think I turned out fine

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DJ_Lae

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]If Chinese tobacco is anything like Chinese produce, I can only imagine what fun types of chemicals are in those cigarettes.cybrcatter

As opposed to all of the healthy additives found in American cigs?

Oh I'm not suggesting American cigarettes are in any way healthy, but knowing the near lack of regulations on anything grown in China, I can only imagine what's in their cigarettes.
majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 majoras_wrath
[QUOTE="majoras_wrath"]Enjoy your lead and who knows what else that tends to end up in Chinese goods.OmniXIISlash

At least my consumer goods are free of toxins :lol:
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DJ_Lae
At least my consumer goods are free of toxins :lol:majoras_wrath
Sadly, a ton of goods marketed in North America are manufactured in China.
majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 majoras_wrath
[QUOTE="majoras_wrath"]At least my consumer goods are free of toxins :lol:DJ_Lae
Sadly, a ton of goods marketed in North America are manufactured in China.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that :(
Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts
[QUOTE="OmniXIISlash"][QUOTE="majoras_wrath"]Enjoy your lead and who knows what else that tends to end up in Chinese goods.majoras_wrath

I didn't know you could make cigarettes that didn't have toxins in them.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DJ_Lae
Oh yeah. I forgot about that :(majoras_wrath
It's kind of annoying, too. I'm constantly having to put things for my daughter back on the shelf because they're made in China.
majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 majoras_wrath

[QUOTE="majoras_wrath"][QUOTE="OmniXIISlash"] Enjoy your taxes and living in an overpopulated world. Foolz3h

shush you

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

[QUOTE="Foolz3h"][QUOTE="majoras_wrath"] At least my consumer goods are free of toxins :lol:majoras_wrath

shush you

I think a better way to put it is that the environment that the cigarettes made in the US are probably better than the ones made in China. The cigarette production lines in the US are very clean (I don't smoke cigarettes by the way).

tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts

I've never tried Chinese cigarettes but I'd like to - we have the same problem here with cigarettes now costing around £6.80 a pack which is insane.

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Well, the product is already toxic.....

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts

Can't you read Engrish? Those things aren't mean for interior use! :o

Anyway, that reminds me of the time I got cigarettes manufactured in a Siberian (I think; could have been Belarusian) prison camp. They were short, stubby, and had roaches instead of filters. The tobacco was so dry that it crumbled out the end when you squeezed one. You'd think they would have been absolutely awful, but in actual fact they were. Really harsh and foul tasting. I still smoked them all when I was drunk though. Ugh.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

I've never tried Chinese cigarettes but I'd like to - we have the same problem here with cigarettes now costing around £6.80 a pack which is insane.

tofu-lion91
Norwegian price is over £8 per 20-pack. Seeing people buying a pack a day... I wonder how much money they have used on it.

Wait... It's more like 10 because the £ are cheap for us now.
Mehdi-Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24 Mehdi-Y
Member since 2008 • 1028 Posts

Man I've seen chinese products, I guess I'll pass on their cigarettes.

Here in my country each pack is about 3 $ which is I think reasonable.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

Mehdi-Y
where is your country? i'm guessing it's mine as well(iran),so just want to mind you that "bahman" is the best cigarette i've ever smoked(and i've tried lots of brands) and it only costs half dollar.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
I thought thread title said cheese cigarettes I am dissapoint
OmniXIISlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 OmniXIISlash
[QUOTE="Overlord93"]I thought thread title said cheese cigarettes I am dissapoint

Well I'm sorry, but I now that you mention it I plan to start my own line of cheese cigarettes just for you. There is going to be a lot of difficulties ahead for my brand, but in the end I think it will be worth it. Every bit worth it. Here is a picture of the Chinese cigarettes if anyone is interested http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j453/BakaGo0se/DSC00056.jpg
Mehdi-Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#28 Mehdi-Y
Member since 2008 • 1028 Posts
[QUOTE="Mehdi-Y"]

VaguelyTagged
where is your country? i'm guessing it's mine as well(iran),so just want to mind you that "bahman" is the best cigarette i've ever smoked(and i've tried lots of brands) and it only costs half dollar.

Hey countryman ;) Agreed. Bahman tastes good but I don't smoke this brand, I smoke Winston and Marlboro every now and. then
DarkFadi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 DarkFadi
Member since 2007 • 1915 Posts
isnt raising cigarets price a failed attempot to make people quit but not working insted people buying more and companies earning more and more? but thats some nice info right there.. i like white sand
Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

I saw aunt's friend smoked some weird cigarettes packaged in red and gold. I tried a few puffs and didnt like it. Though Ill like to try the others that taste good, I tried this Korean female cigg that was so light in flavor that it felt like breathing in air thru a straw :P

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I just got some Chinese cigarettes from a friend that went to china for a month and I wasn't expecting what I got. They are just as good as most US cigarettes and FAR cheaper. Another plus is that that packs are freaking beautiful. American packs are so bland in comparison and don't have awesome colored filters (like the shiny red Diamond cigarettes) One pack is Yun Yan, but I think it's a fake because it has the lesser panda symbol and pack color. Now if they are fake they are still amazing and one of my favorite cigarettes. Another is call Diamond and they have red filters which look amazing. They put off an almost cinnamon smell which is very nice. There is a pack of HAOMAO with a Cat on them and a blue filter. Baisha with Swans on it (haven't opened it or tried them yet so I don't know the filter color and Suanoxi which I also haven't tried yet. Frankly I don't know why american cigarettes are so expensive and are nothing better then these extremely cheap cigarettes, but once we start putting the graphic anti smoker pictures on 50% of each cigarette pack I don't know if I'll be able to continue buying the already ugly american cigarette packs. I wish I knew a legal way to import Chinese cigarettes for cheap. If anyone ever has a chance to get some chinese cigarettes there is no reason to not to pick some up. They are a little stronger in general, but even if you don't want that they are just as good as most american packs (far better then are cheap bottom line Pyramid packs. I just wish I understood why America feels the need to overcharge for their normally not even above average cigarettes and tax them to high heaven. So please sorry for the long read, but I'd love to hear what you all think of Americas on par with China cigarettes for huge amounts of money. OmniXIISlash
How about some photos so we can all see them.