Chick Fil A gives protestors free chicken sandwiches and drinks

• 141 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

So a few weeks ago the CEO of Chick Fil A was asked about his views on marriage and family and he said he believes in the "biblical" definition of marriage/family. Big deal right? But a whole bunch of liberals got mad. Anyways Conservatives decided to have a Chick Fil A appreciation day to go in and eat a bunch of chicken at the restaurants and a whole bunch of people showed up, while gay groups decided to hold a "same-sex kiss day" on that same day where same-sex couples would kiss outside of Chick Fil A (perhaps they were hoping it would ruin straight people's appetites causing them to buy less chicken). Of course the same-sex kissers were vastly outnumbered by the Chick Fil A customers (because afterall the number of people who would kiss another dude is a lot less than the number of people who eat chicken sangwiches).

But anyway it turns out at a lot of these Chick Fil A resturaunts the manager or employees were quite nice to the gay groups protesting outside their restaurants. For instance in Kansas the owner of the Chick Fil A restaurant handed out free chicken sandwiches and water to the protesters and at another location employees handed out lemonade and scotch (okay I made up the scotch part, but they did hand out lemonade) to the protesters.

That was pretty nice of Chick Fil A to do and a good PR move, but did handing lemonade and water to the protesters keep them protesting longer (after all giving them drinks makes it less likely that they'll disband and go home to get out of the heat or to get a drink, or maybe Chick Fil A though giving them a drink would make them go home to take a leak).

So what do you think of Chick Fil A's handing out of drinks and sangwiches? It's probably a good idea, after all Chick Fil A is a Christian business and may be hoping their kind move may help nudge some of these protesters to conversion and salvation. Chick FIl A certainly treated those protesters better than that abortionist who turns his sprinklers on pro-life "prayer warriors" does to his protesters.

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts
Nice of the restaurant managers. Fvck Cathy, though.
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 whipassmt

Nice of the restaurant managers. Fvck Cathy, though. l4dak47
Hey now! Dont you be usin' that kind of language in my thread!

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

good pr stunt

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

It's probably a good idea, after all Chick Fil A is a Christian business and may be hoping their kind move may help nudge some of these protesters to conversion and salvation.

whipassmt

Oh I get it... the chicken is blessed with special prayers that fend off the gay.

DONT EAT PROTESTORS!!!!

IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 IdioticIcarus
Member since 2012 • 2167 Posts

This kind of makes me laugh.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 whipassmt

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

It's probably a good idea, after all Chick Fil A is a Christian business and may be hoping their kind move may help nudge some of these protesters to conversion and salvation.

Teenaged

Oh I get it... the chicken is blessed with special prayers that fend off the gay.

DONT EAT PROTESTORS!!!!

Maybe, who knows? But I meant that maybe Chick Fil A figured that being nice to these people would make them more likely to become Christians.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
The food is horrible from what my friend tells me. There's only 1 in Michigan though. Never going.
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 whipassmt

It would've been kind of funny if Chick put a whole bunch of hot sauce in their chicken (or maybe some laxatives) before they gave it to the protestors.

ScorpionTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ScorpionTroll
Member since 2012 • 810 Posts

They couldn't hand out scotch or homeless drunks might start showing up.

TwoFace-BS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TwoFace-BS
Member since 2011 • 9531 Posts
I dont know what to make of this,but everything in about this story Ive gathered seems a bit stupid The owner was stupid for saying what he did People protesting about it is stupid/pointless (you wont change his views,and what you will do is get other gay bashers supporting him) Those cities were being stupid by making promises they cant keep in order to look good (you cant penalise a business because of how stupid a owners view is) Im not getting into everything dumb about Chick Fil A appreciation day And today is a dumb PR stunt as people already supporting them might turn their back on them because they'll think they've switched sides and people who were against them wont suddenly forget why because of a free sandwich However,I hope it could be a case of the employees trying to show their opinion by supporting gay rights in somewhat a stupid way
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

This whole thing is incredibly stupid. Trying to oppose gay marriage by eating a Chick-Fil-A? Dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Did the protesters actually accept the food? It would seem like they should turn it down, seeing as how they're protesting Chick-Fil-A...

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
Very nice of the manager of the restaurant, I just hope it's not a stunt to make CFA look like the victim in this situation.
Marth6781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Marth6781
Member since 2007 • 2564 Posts
Lol the protestors are failing. This isn't going to stop people from buying chik fil a, just like Tommy Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren saying they hate black people won't stop people from buying their products.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

They never give me free chicken sandwiches.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Damn liberal establishments always going easy on minorities....

Wait...

noscope-ak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 noscope-ak47
Member since 2012 • 1318 Posts

So act like a homo and you get free food wow and gays are always playing the victim card:roll:

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

So a few weeks ago the CEO of Chick Fil A was asked about his views on marriage and family and he said he believes in the "biblical" definition of marriage/family. Big deal right? But a whole bunch of liberals got mad. Anyways Conservatives decided to have a Chick Fil A appreciation day to go in and eat a bunch of chicken at the restaurants and a whole bunch of people showed up, while gay groups decided to hold a "same-sex kiss day" on that same day where same-sex couples would kiss outside of Chick Fil A (perhaps they were hoping it would ruin straight people's appetites causing them to buy less chicken). Of course the same-sex kissers were vastly outnumbered by the Chick Fil A customers (because afterall the number of people who would kiss another dude is a lot less than the number of people who eat chicken sangwiches).

But anyway it turns out at a lot of these Chick Fil A resturaunts the manager or employees were quite nice to the gay groups protesting outside their restaurants. For instance in Kansas the owner of the Chick Fil A restaurant handed out free chicken sandwiches and water to the protesters and at another location employees handed out lemonade and scotch (okay I made up the scotch part, but they did hand out lemonade) to the protesters.

That was pretty nice of Chick Fil A to do and a good PR move, but did handing lemonade and water to the protesters keep them protesting longer (after all giving them drinks makes it less likely that they'll disband and go home to get out of the heat or to get a drink, or maybe Chick Fil A though giving them a drink would make them go home to take a leak).

So what do you think of Chick Fil A's handing out of drinks and sangwiches? It's probably a good idea, after all Chick Fil A is a Christian business and may be hoping their kind move may help nudge some of these protesters to conversion and salvation. Chick FIl A certainly treated those protesters better than that abortionist who turns his sprinklers on pro-life "prayer warriors" does to his protesters.

whipassmt

Show us where Truett Cathy said anythng about gay marriage.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

Show us where Truett Cathy said anythng about gay marriage.

WhiteKnight77

OH OH OH OH... let me guess... if his statement didnt contain the term gay marriage" then it had nothing to do with it.

Goodnight OT. Sleep tight and pat yourselves in the back.

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts

So act like a homo and you get free food wow and gays are always playing the victim card:roll:

noscope-ak47
Because we all know the gays only did this for free food and not for equal rights.
MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts
Which one in Kansas?! Please be the one in Overland Park!
Vaultboy-101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Vaultboy-101
Member since 2009 • 1778 Posts

Yeah, because we all know free chicken sandwiches are the best way to convert ones religion. Anyway, in case you didn't notice, Homosexuals and Christianity don't exactly see eye-to-eye. E.g. The fact that the bible calls for them to be put to death.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 whipassmt

I dont know what to make of this,but everything in about this story Ive gathered seems a bit stupid The owner was stupid for saying what he did TwoFace-BS
He was asked his opinion, so he told the truth. Nothing stupid about that, maybe the person who asked the question asked a stupid question.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

cathy claims to support the biblical definition of marriage yet did not pay so much as one foreskin for his wife. hmmmmmm. i also bet if his brother died he would not marry the widow. hmmmmmmm.

hmmmmmmmm.

noscope-ak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 noscope-ak47
Member since 2012 • 1318 Posts

[QUOTE="noscope-ak47"]

l4dak47

Because we all know the gays only did this for free food and not for equal rights.

I would say being gay was an advantage this time but sent the wrong msg. People that show up and act like idiots should not be rewarded.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

also.

there is a huge chance some of those chickens are gay.

1,500 animal species practice homosexuality

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/20718.aspx

is he taking any steps to ensure no patrons are served a gay chicken???

hmmmmmm.

champion837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 champion837
Member since 2012 • 1423 Posts

The fact that the bible calls for them to be put to death.Vaultboy-101

It should be noted that was towards the people Moses was speaking towards.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 whipassmt

Yeah, because we all know free chicken sandwiches are the best way to convert ones religion.

Vaultboy-101

Maybe if those chicken sangwiches are like Triple H.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
Free samples. They just gained thousands of customers.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#30 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
I'd have done the same thing if I ran one of those stores.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]

Show us where Truett Cathy said anything about gay marriage.

Teenaged

OH OH OH OH... let me guess... if his statement didnt contain the term gay marriage" then it had nothing to do with it.

Goodnight OT. Sleep tight and pat yourselves in the back.

And this is where you show that you haven't really paid attention to what has been posted at least 3 times in other threads.

MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MistressMinako

[QUOTE="TwoFace-BS"]I dont know what to make of this,but everything in about this story Ive gathered seems a bit stupid The owner was stupid for saying what he did whipassmt

He was asked his opinion, so he told the truth. Nothing stupid about that, maybe the person who asked the question asked a stupid question.

He could have said no comment or he doesn't wish to answer or whatever. I used to work/see people ask questions like these all the time in my courses. It's a perfect target question for another news story. A Christian based company.... ask about gay marriage, get answer they wanted, score. Even if he didn't comment they wouldn't have the proof that he has the opinion he stated now. I guess until the proof about him and anti-gay things he was funding came up.
bjvill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#34 bjvill
Member since 2011 • 152 Posts
Pretty nice of them. Turning the other cheek i suppose.
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 whipassmt

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

[QUOTE="TwoFace-BS"]I dont know what to make of this,but everything in about this story Ive gathered seems a bit stupid The owner was stupid for saying what he did MistressMinako

He could have said no comment or he doesn't wish to answer or whatever. I used to work/see people ask questions like these all the time in my courses. It's a perfect target question for another news story. A Christian based company.... ask about gay marriage, get answer they wanted, score. Even if he didn't comment they wouldn't have the proof that he has the opinion he stated now. I guess until the proof about him and anti-gay things he was funding came up.

Why should he say "no comment", he should've just been honest. And I don't think he funded "anti-gay" groups, I think he mostly funded Christian groups, some of which do lobby for traditional marriage as some of their activities, but I don't think he funded groups specifically dedicated to going after gay people.

MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MistressMinako

[QUOTE="MistressMinako"][QUOTE="whipassmt"] He was asked his opinion, so he told the truth. Nothing stupid about that, maybe the person who asked the question asked a stupid question.

whipassmt

Why should he say "no comment", he should've just been honest. And I don't think he funded "anti-gay" groups, I think he mostly funded Christian groups, some of which do lobby for traditional marriage as some of their activities, but I don't think he funded groups specifically dedicated to going after gay people.

Because the things a person says has a positive or negative effect. Also, it was none of our business anyway. People keep thinking that saying what you believe in and everyone is going to be all sunshine and roses about it which that isn't always the case. I don't know the whole story about the anti gay groups so I wouldn't claim he did or not that's just what I heard. Now, he is probably getting tons of backlash for it... that's why I said he should have kept his mouth shut.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JustPlainLucas
[QUOTE="MistressMinako"] Because the things a person says has a positive or negative effect. Also, it was none of our business anyway. People keep thinking that saying what you believe in and everyone is going to be all sunshine and roses about it which that isn't always the case. I don't know the whole story about the anti gay groups so I wouldn't claim he did or not that's just what I heard. Now, he is probably getting tons of backlash for it... that's why I said he should have kept his mouth shut.

Right to Free Speech, so long as you don't piss anyone off..
TwoFace-BS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TwoFace-BS

[QUOTE="TwoFace-BS"]I dont know what to make of this,but everything in about this story Ive gathered seems a bit stupid The owner was stupid for saying what he did whipassmt

Yes there is,you can avoid the question,tow some party line that would not answer the question You do not display youre homophobic views in the public so you can avoid protests,bad PR and city mayors coming out and saying they are against your company.If he wasnt the owner,he would be fired for bringing the company name into disrepute
TwoFace-BS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TwoFace-BS
[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"][QUOTE="MistressMinako"] Because the things a person says has a positive or negative effect. Also, it was none of our business anyway. People keep thinking that saying what you believe in and everyone is going to be all sunshine and roses about it which that isn't always the case. I don't know the whole story about the anti gay groups so I wouldn't claim he did or not that's just what I heard. Now, he is probably getting tons of backlash for it... that's why I said he should have kept his mouth shut.

which he has,but some people need to learn when they should and shouldnt express their views.Something the US seems to have an issue with as they trot out that line to make what they say ok
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

[QUOTE="TwoFace-BS"]I dont know what to make of this,but everything in about this story Ive gathered seems a bit stupid The owner was stupid for saying what he did TwoFace-BS

Yes there is,you can avoid the question,tow some party line that would not answer the question You do not display youre homophobic views in the public so you can avoid protests,bad PR and city mayors coming out and saying they are against your company.If he wasnt the owner,he would be fired for bringing the company name into disrepute

Dan Cathy is not the owner of Chick-fil-A.

TwoFace-BS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TwoFace-BS

[QUOTE="TwoFace-BS"][QUOTE="whipassmt"] He was asked his opinion, so he told the truth. Nothing stupid about that, maybe the person who asked the question asked a stupid question.

WhiteKnight77

Dan Cathy is not the owner of Chick-fil-A.

Whatever,the principal stays the same Only difference now is he should be fired for his comments
champion837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 champion837
[QUOTE="TwoFace-BS"][QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"][QUOTE="MistressMinako"] Because the things a person says has a positive or negative effect. Also, it was none of our business anyway. People keep thinking that saying what you believe in and everyone is going to be all sunshine and roses about it which that isn't always the case. I don't know the whole story about the anti gay groups so I wouldn't claim he did or not that's just what I heard. Now, he is probably getting tons of backlash for it... that's why I said he should have kept his mouth shut.

which he has,but some people need to learn when they should and shouldnt express their views.Something the US seems to have an issue with as they trot out that line to make what they say ok

He thought that it was a stance that should be made.
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 whipassmt

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

[QUOTE="MistressMinako"] He could have said no comment or he doesn't wish to answer or whatever. I used to work/see people ask questions like these all the time in my courses. It's a perfect target question for another news story. A Christian based company.... ask about gay marriage, get answer they wanted, score. Even if he didn't comment they wouldn't have the proof that he has the opinion he stated now. I guess until the proof about him and anti-gay things he was funding came up. MistressMinako

Because the things a person says has a positive or negative effect. Also, it was none of our business anyway. People keep thinking that saying what you believe in and everyone is going to be all sunshine and roses about it which that isn't always the case. I don't know the whole story about the anti gay groups so I wouldn't claim he did or not that's just what I heard. Now, he is probably getting tons of backlash for it... that's why I said he should have kept his mouth shut.

I don't think he harmed his business by saying his views, sure he may have turned away some pro gay-marriage customers but he also probably attracted support from pro traditional marriage people.

TwoFace-BS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TwoFace-BS
[QUOTE="champion837"][QUOTE="TwoFace-BS"][QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"] Right to Free Speech, so long as you don't piss anyone off..

Why should he have made it? He put his opinion before the companys best interests for no other reason He thought that it was a stance that should be made.

TwoFace-BS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TwoFace-BS

[QUOTE="MistressMinako"][QUOTE="whipassmt"] Why should he say "no comment", he should've just been honest. And I don't think he funded "anti-gay" groups, I think he mostly funded Christian groups, some of which do lobby for traditional marriage as some of their activities, but I don't think he funded groups specifically dedicated to going after gay people.

whipassmt

I don't think he harmed his business by saying his views, sure he may have turned away some pro gay-marriage customers but he also probably attracted support from pro traditional marriage people.

Problem is,those he attracted probably wont be regulars and wont really care about the company once the news stop reporting on it and its eventually forgotten about

champion837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 champion837
[QUOTE="TwoFace-BS"] He put his opinion before the companys best interests for no other reason

There isnt anything wrong with that.
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 whipassmt

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

[QUOTE="MistressMinako"] Because the things a person says has a positive or negative effect. Also, it was none of our business anyway. People keep thinking that saying what you believe in and everyone is going to be all sunshine and roses about it which that isn't always the case. I don't know the whole story about the anti gay groups so I wouldn't claim he did or not that's just what I heard. Now, he is probably getting tons of backlash for it... that's why I said he should have kept his mouth shut.TwoFace-BS

Problem is,those he attracted probably wont be regulars and wont really care about the company once the news stop reporting on it and its eventually forgotten about

same thing goes for the people he pushed away. Also it is relatively well known that Chick Fil A is a family-run Christian company, so I think most of its customers already knew the family is against gay marriage and they probably agree with Chick Fil A.

Being against gay marriage really doesn't harm a business unless the business is primarily located in liberal areas.

champion837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 champion837

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

[QUOTE="MistressMinako"] Because the things a person says has a positive or negative effect. Also, it was none of our business anyway. People keep thinking that saying what you believe in and everyone is going to be all sunshine and roses about it which that isn't always the case. I don't know the whole story about the anti gay groups so I wouldn't claim he did or not that's just what I heard. Now, he is probably getting tons of backlash for it... that's why I said he should have kept his mouth shut.TwoFace-BS

Regardless, this is about what he believes. That is worth more than a job, or making maximum profits.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JustPlainLucas
"No comment." Hmm... religiously owned and operated company, closed on Sundays... Religions usually are not in support of gay marriage... If someone is, they simply would answer "Yes." "No comment" usually means, "I do not support gay marriage." Not that hard to figure out. I actually respect Cathy, because even though he knew the backlash he was going to receive for his comment, he still used his right to express his belief. Takes guts to be able to say what you want and not have to worry about what people are going to say back. Now people are spending their energy trying to shut down Chick-Fil-A when in all actuality, the attention has actually driven their business UP. I guess you could even say it was a smart PR move...
TwoFace-BS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TwoFace-BS
[QUOTE="champion837"][QUOTE="TwoFace-BS"] There isnt anything wrong with that.

[QUOTE="champion837"][QUOTE="TwoFace-BS"] He put his opinion before the companys best interests for no other reason

There isnt anything wrong with that.

Well there is if he wants to keep his job, he should be fired for that