This topic is locked from further discussion.

PancakesNBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PancakesNBacon
Member since 2006 • 86 Posts
Does anybody listen to Celtic music, or any other kind of international music? If so, what would you recommend? I'm trying to listen to new types of music and would be interested in some suggestions. Thanks. :)
ElZilcho90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 ElZilcho90
Member since 2006 • 6157 Posts
I listen to some Irish traditional songs. Groups like the Wolfe Tones (big on Rebellion songs), Clancy Brothers.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts
Clannad....and The Pogues are okay.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
i once had to work a concert for "celtic women." their music was terrible and all 100 of their fans were **** .
PancakesNBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PancakesNBacon

i once had to work a concert for "celtic women." their music was terrible and all 100 of their fans were **** . LoG-Sacrament

If you're not going to contribute anything useful to the thread, please do not post in it.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LoG-Sacrament

[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]i once had to work a concert for "celtic women." their music was terrible and all 100 of their fans were **** . PancakesNBacon

If you're not going to contribute anything useful to the thread, please do not post in it.

you wanted to know what the posters of off-topic thought of celtic music. thats my opinion of a celtic band i listened to. maybe you should change the topic to "please post your opinion of celtic music only if you like it." if thats the case, the band "celtic frost" is an ok celtic metal band.

TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
I like Flogging Molly...I'm not sure if they're Celtic, though.
dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts
Korpiklaani, Finntroll and Turisas :D
PancakesNBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PancakesNBacon
Great, you guys have given some great suggestions. I'm currently on Itunes checking out as many of them as I can.
PapaGlide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 PapaGlide
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

the drop kick murphys maybe ugh ..(leaves thread)

lobodob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lobodob
Member since 2004 • 2584 Posts
Great Big Sea isn't really celtic, but some of their songs have celtic elements to them. Great drinking songs too!
Avatar image for supermetroidfan
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 supermetroidfan
Member since 2004 • 19767 Posts
[QUOTE="PancakesNBacon"]

[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]i once had to work a concert for "celtic women." their music was terrible and all 100 of their fans were **** . LoG-Sacrament

you wanted to know what the posters of off-topic thought of celtic music. thats my opinion of a celtic band i listened to. maybe you should change the topic to "please post your opinion of celtic music only if you like it." if thats the case, the band "celtic frost" is an ok celtic metal band.

Celtic Frost were legit. To Mega Therion was an influention masterpiece. Although I don't see what a metal band from Sweden has to do with Celtic music.

PancakesNBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PancakesNBacon
[QUOTE="PancakesNBacon"]

[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]i once had to work a concert for "celtic women." their music was terrible and all 100 of their fans were **** . LoG-Sacrament

That isn't what I asked at all. If you read my original post, I asked for recommendations of Celtic music, not what you thought about Celtic music.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LoG-Sacrament
[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"][QUOTE="PancakesNBacon"]

[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]i once had to work a concert for "celtic women." their music was terrible and all 100 of their fans were **** . supermetroidfan

Celtic Frost were legit. To Mega Therion was an influention masterpiece. Although I don't see what a metal band from Sweden has to do with Celtic music.

you dont have to be from ireland to have celtic inflences. yes, they are much more metal than celtic, but theres still a hint of celtic style in their music.

zepman71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 zepman71
Member since 2005 • 4120 Posts
The Pogues
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LoG-Sacrament
[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"][QUOTE="PancakesNBacon"]

[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]i once had to work a concert for "celtic women." their music was terrible and all 100 of their fans were **** . PancakesNBacon

That isn't what I asked at all. If you read my original post, I asked for recommendations of Celtic music, not what you thought about Celtic music.

i gave you a recommendation and a band to avoid. now im thinking that you were probably at that celtic women concert.

Avatar image for Silver_Dragon17
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Silver_Dragon17
Member since 2007 • 6205 Posts
I love Celtic music.
sentencedogu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sentencedogu
Member since 2006 • 3823 Posts
Cruachan, good band check it out(Irish)
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lycrof
Member since 2005 • 6393 Posts
Eluveitie, Korpiklaani, Finntroll, Turisas, Folkearth, Yakuza and In Extremo. They are all metal mostly all folk metal, but Yakuza is jazz metal. Eluveitie has somewhat of a celtic sound.
KittyKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 KittyKat
Member since 2002 • 26381 Posts

If you want to try out world music, i suggest you check out the records from http://putumayo.com/

They pop out many CD's of world music from various artists, so it's a nice mixed selection. Their celtic CD is very nice.