maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By maestromage
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

Sorry for the late post, but it's finally here. I'll also apologise for the lack of spoiler blocks; comicvine wasn't working properly and I couldn't use them but anyways, onto the actual post.

Toriko and Midora - The Gluttons

Given my opponent's unfamiliarity with Toriko, I guess I'm going to have to explain a lot lol. I guess it'll also help for any voters who don't know Toriko, so let's get right into it.

Important things before we begin:

Some of you probably know what's coming, but I still have to do it. It's time for the obligatory Toriko planet explanation.

Now, something that's very important to know is that the Toriko Earth is not the same size as our own earth. It is significantly bigger.

You can see that the centre of the human world consists of our continents. This should give some idea of the scale of the planet. Now to put some numbers on it:

Here is the manga panel that confirms that the planet has a circumference of 220,000 kilometres, which puts it as bigger than Uranus but smaller than Saturn and Jupiter. Here's a size comparison between Toriko earth and our earth:

Keep this in mind when looking at feats, because a lot of the feats don't seem like planetary, but they are given the size of the planet. Another thing equally as important is the material that (most) of the planet is made of. The whole planet except the centre of the human world (the original earth) is made of a special material.

As we see here, the material absorbs all energy. Sani felt a bit drained of his energy just by gently touching it. This makes feats of partially destroying the planet all the more impressive given the planet's energy absorbing nature. If you aren't convinced by the energy absorbing, it was literally stated that if the Toriko planet was destroyed, the ensuing explosion would dwarf a giant supernova

So yeah.

One other thing I guess I'll mention is capture level. In Toriko, different creatures are assigned a capture level based on how hard they are to kill/capture. This is almost always based on the creature's combat abilities, but occasionally they'll just be in a really difficult location or something like that. For reference, even a capture level 1 creature (the lowest) requires 10 men with guns to take down, capture level 9 apes tossed around state of the art tanks and so on. I may refer to it later on so just keep it in mind)

Now, let's really get into this.

Toriko, Glutton No. 1

Bio:

Toriko is one of the most famous Gourmet Hunters in the Toriko world and has arguably contributed more to the progress of the Gourmet Age than anyone else alive. Thanks to the gourmet cells implanted in his body, he gets stronger over the course of the series as he eats more and more delicious food. Users of gourmet cells are inhabited by gourmet cell demons, and Toriko is special because he has 3 as opposed to the usual one (though he doesn't/can't really use the 3rd and most powerful). As a member of the 4 Heavenly Kings (4HK), Toriko is known as "the glutton" for his insane appetite.

Techniques:

Toriko has a heck ton of different abilities and variations, so I thought I would talk about them first, so I can easily refer to them in striking feats and the like.

Toriko's 3 main techniques are "fork", "knife" and "nail punch". Most of his abilities are some variation or combination of these three. Fork simply gives him a piercing attack with his hand (like a fork, geddit) and Knife just gives him a slicing attack with his hand. Nail punch is the only complicated one. Basically, he punches multiple times with one punch. Here's an example:

The only time the anime was good for anything
The only time the anime was good for anything

This is Toriko's 3-Nail punch, which is basically just three punches in the same spot to increase the damage (like hitting in a nail, hence the name). There are so many variations of these three abilities, so I'll just explain then when I get to them.

Strength/Striking:

I'll be honest, Toriko doesn't have any lifting feats to compare to SPB. His only good one is him lifting this really big bowl that supposedly had enough food for the whole human world (which had a population of around 8 billion at that time), which doesn't compare at all (even if it was 1-tonne per human, that's 8 billion tonnes compared to the mass of the earth being 6 sextillion tonnes lol. But, what he lacks in raw strength feats, he more than makes up for in striking feats:

Scan 1-3: (backwards) Toriko makes a planet-sized slice in the planet with a physical attack. Now, this is a joint feat, but Toriko got much more powerful between this feat and EoS, and EoS Toriko could easily replicate the feat by himself.

Scan 4: After Toriko mastered ENBU (monkey martial arts that allows you to unite all of your cells to make you much more powerful) it was stated that an ENBU master using it offensively could destroy a continent the size of area 8 in a single punch. For reference, Area 8 has a surface area greater than our own planet. This combined with the energy absorbing nature of the planet easily makes this a planet busting feat for Toriko's striking, and this isn't even EoS Toriko. You didn't show any durability feats for SBP, but he will need to be able to tank planet busting punches (which I'm sure he can), or else he's going to get one shotted by Toriko.

These, are all the striking feats I'm showing for now, but already Superboy Prime will need planet+ blunt force and piercing durability at a bare minimum just to avoid getting one shotted.

Durability:

Scan 1: Toriko's blue demon tanks a kick from Heracles that causes a moon-sized explosion on the Toriko Planet (Toriko's blue demon can exit his body and fight by himself)

Scan 2-3: Scan 2 shows GOD's tongue punching a hole straight through the Toriko Planet, and Scan 3 shows Toriko creating a fork shield to block an attack from GOD's tongue.

These aren't any crazy durability feats, but they should be enough to show that he won't get one shotted or anything.

Speed:

Toriko could react to lightning pretty early on in the series, but even then he couldn't react fast enough to juggle a single BB pill bug:

However, after ENBU training he could juggle 30 BB pills with one head. This is clearly a huge increase in speed. He could also keep up with Bambina (though Bambina wasn't going all out), despite Bambina being able to dodge multiple amped LS projectiles at close range as seen in Scan 3. (Note: the text about the mold spears only being nearly lightspeed is a translation error. Coco stated that they were LS 3 arcs earlier when he was considerably weaker. As an example, he can fight capture level 1000 monkeys after ENBU training, but when he stated the spears were lightspeed, he and the other 4 Heavenly Kings got wrecked by a capture level 300 creature. Not to mention he was combining his powers with the other 4HK when Bambina dodged them.) Point is, Toriko can hang with FTL characters in a weaker form.

Superboy Prime Counters:

Though moving planets is very impressive, lifting strength doesn't translate directly into striking strength which makes it hard to use in a fight. I'll hold off saying much more until you show more striking feats.

Rips a weakened anti-monitor's armor to pieces with his strength.

Not entirely clear on how durable Anti-Monitor is outside of "very". Even then, how weakened was the armour? This makes it hard to quantify the feat, though it is definitely impressive.

Punches a hole in the source wall, thus tearing apart the fabric of the D.C. reality.

Again, this is quite unquantifiable. How durable is the source wall? Even then, in the image you showed, the guy literally says that he's giving SBP power so that he can break the wall, as in, SBP couldn't break it by himself.

Overall, this should be a good introduction to Toriko and shows that he should be able to Hang with SBP in all areas, and should be able to beat him with a Kugi punch that hits SBP with multiple planet-busting punches.

Midora, Glutton No. 2

Bio:

Midora is the leader of Gourmet Corp. He is a notorious glutton who has never been satisfied in his hundreds of years of life. He is one of Acacia's three legendary disciples and is touted as one of the three most powerful people in the world.

Attack Potency:

Midora has some powerful energy projection, though he doesn't use it unless he needs to (though he probably will use it given the numbers disadvantage).

Even pre timeskip, he uses it to devastate the human world:

As I showed earlier, the human world is bigger than our planet which makes this very impressive. This attack wiped out 90% of the human population and left the world devastated and in ruins. Larfleeze will need some impressive durability to survive planet-ish energy projection.

Midora's physicals are nothing to scoff at either. I doubt that Larfleeze can hold up in this department. Midora is capable of doing things like this:

Scan 1: Midora casually splits a mountain in half with his tongue

Scan 2-3: Midora sends Acacia flying into the planet creating a large explosion on the surface of the planet (you can just see the curvature in the top right panel)

This should show that Midora has the physicals advantage over Larfleez (at least from what you've shown).

Regen:

I'm not really going to go into durability, because I don't think that Larfleeze (or SBP) can get past Midora's insane regen (outside of soul manip):

Scan 1-2: Midora shows his ridiculous regeneration. He gets his arms sliced into pieces and parts of his head destroyed and ju21st comes back from it without much issue. They can't really put him down (though he can't regen forever, as later on he was getting beat up quite badly, though that was after healing from multiple life ending attacks.) The fight will probably be over before he runs out of regen.

Hax:

Midora has a lot of hax (though some of it is banned here cos it's too OP lol) that I should mention.

The first is his hungry tongue ability where he uses his tongue to "consume" objects on an atomic level:

He uses it to destroy Ichiryu's body, and Ichiryu is Toriko's older brother and is as powerful as himself. In fact, all three of Acacia's disciples were stated to have the ability to destroy the Toriko earth. Unless Larfleeze has feats of resisting atomic destruction, then he and his Corps are going to get consumed by Midora's hungry tongue.

Midora's other hax he has here is his food luck. Food luck simply allows him to redirect all attacks thrown at him, which basically means he can't be put down until his food luck runs out (it has limited uses). Even Acacia, who is the strongest/second strongest character in the whole series who is large planet level at least, even he couldn't put Midora down at all until he ran out of food luck, so I fail to see Larfleeze fairing any better in that aspect.

Conclusion

Overall, this is how I see the fight going:

Toriko can at least hang with SBP in all areas, and will eventually put him down with his Nail punch that hits him with multiple Planet busting punches. He can also put him down with his planet slicing piercing attacks.

Midora's regen + food luck means that Larfleeze just won't be able to put Midora down at the beginning of the fight. Meanwhile, Midora's hungry tongue can put down Larfleeze and his Orange lanterns with his atomic destruction or his physicals.