This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

Poll Cats or Dogs (48 votes)

Cats 44%
Dogs (eat my own poop) 56%

What is your favorite. Chances are its dogs, but cats are the more popular pet in the US. Cats are also closer to the wild.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5d693385560c3
deactivated-5d693385560c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 deactivated-5d693385560c3
Member since 2012 • 666 Posts

Cats. They're easier to take care of and tend to be more independent. Dogs are needy.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

Dogs because they're fun to play around with and aren't jerks.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

I guess im weird. My favorite inside pet is dog. My favorite outside pet is cat. I love how cats can survive on there own. I have two feral cats that live in my yard and feast on my wildlife or something.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43988 Posts

Definitely dogs for me, they're usually so much friendlier and fun to play with.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Dog, no contest

For any single guys here who have a cat

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Cats.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38662 Posts
Loading Video...

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

Dogs, but dogs take more time and effort and there are some dogs that are annoying or not suitable for normal folks/average house holds. Dogs are messier and bark.... unreasonably. The can get them selves into trouble, get themselves lost, or even get themselves killed.

Cats are cool, you dont even have to take care of them and they always come back. Cats dont do much of anything tho... and you cant really take them anywhere. You get alot more fun out of a dog. Cats cost a hell of alot less than dogs.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17637 Posts

I see the appeal of dogs in their loyalty and love they have no hesitation in displaying towards their owners, but I respect a cat's ability to tell people to **** off. Their independence and apathetic attitude I find very admirable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

I'm allergic to cats and cat people smell like pee. Dogs are cool.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55896 Posts

I'm a Cat/Neko lover so Cats/Nekos it is for me :)

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14788 Posts

....,,And we're done here.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#14 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

Grew up with dogs & now I don't miss them. Have two cats.

Dogs stink. You don't realize it but your house really does smell like a dog. So do you.

Dog slobber. Get dressed & ready to go out friends dog walks over puts head on lap. Walks away and I have this huge discolored slobbery stain on my pants.

Dog shit. Yeah lets go for a walk and carry your bag of stinky shit everywhere.

Dogs bite. People who don't know how to properly train dogs cause most of the issues with dogs.

Cats poop/pee in one place easily cleaned. They don't need constant attention. They don't chew shit.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

Neither. Mammals eat and shit too much. Treat yourself to a small or medium sized constrictor, or a lizard if you insist on having something with legs. Inverts like vinegaroons is also a good option

Avatar image for deactivated-58e7a4ed4a921
deactivated-58e7a4ed4a921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-58e7a4ed4a921
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

My mother brought home two Persian cats when I was young, and I developed severe allergies. Also the things shed like crazy, pissed everywhere, and just stunk the whole house. We ended up tossing most of the furniture, and carpet, and the smell still didn't go away. Ten years later, they sold the house and the new owners ended up tearing it down. Once that urine soaks in, your screwed.

Dogs on the other hand are just needy. You cannot leave for them alone for more than 8 hours. Dog haters tend to be more vocal about their displeasures, and will freak out if they see a dog in public, which handcuffs dog owners.

But dogs are loyal, you can play with them, get exercise walking them, take them fishing, hunting, and they'll stick by your side.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'm a doggy dude, cats are the spawns of satan and the fact that they act like they are the owner.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17851 Posts

Dogs for sure. Every dog I've had has got obedience training. Those two weeks make a lifetime of difference, and it's only an hour a day. Surely you can spare that for a couple of weeks.

Never had a problem with my dogs smelling because they live inside and get bathed and shampooed once a week, plus I vacuum on a regular basis.

If you don't want a dog just because you're too lazy then holy shit you've got bigger problems.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#19 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58631 Posts

Cats are pretty boring, they don't seem to do much.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I love animals.

As pets, I prefer the Independence of cats.

@uninspiredcup said:

Cats are pretty boring, they don't seem to do much.

That means they are bored and need more stimulation.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#21 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15969 Posts

Cats. They're cleaner.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22367 Posts

Definitely dogs... cats are too arrogant for my liking.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17851 Posts

@dracula_16 said:

Cats. They're cleaner.

Google Toxoplasmosis.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

No option for both ?

I really love both cats and dogs

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23802 Posts

Last summer my brother let me burrow his 2 dogs for a week while he and his girlfriend was listening to Sweden Rock. It was a good week. I am sure the dogs loved it too. Seeing as they got hours worth of excercise every day.

In other words, I vote dog.

Avatar image for RedEyedMonster8
RedEyedMonster8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RedEyedMonster8
Member since 2007 • 1348 Posts

I love both equally and have owned both my entire life.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Dogs rule.

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AND1SALTTAPE
Member since 2015 • 861 Posts

Cats and dogs are so overrated. I like humans as pets.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

Cats all the way, their independence and diverse personalities is what I like about them. My first cat was chilled out, my second was a psychopath and my third and current is cautious she only feels comfortable around me she's been like that since kitten.

One other benefit is she keeps pests in check. Soon it'll be spring/summer and all the bugs that come into the house should keep her entertained.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Dogs. :P

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21647 Posts

Well, dogs are better in the long run, but I'm going with a cat. Dogs require too much maintenance and attention for my taste. They are more rewarding to have around once trained properly though. I just don't have the energy to put up with the constant barking, their inability to relieve themselves without needing to find particular spots to do it, needing to clean up after them, and constantly needing to clean them so the house doesn't smell bad...

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17775 Posts

cats. i like dogs too of course (though not the small yappy ones. i can understand their frustration but they are still jerks).

but cats are brilliant. i have had cats that range from the typical aloof attitude to almost dog like behaviour. i also love their independence and kittens are so cute.

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

Dogs of course, I have a 9 month only Akita / Husky Hybrid and he is such a great dog. He is will trained and he literally goes everywhere with me- can't do that with a cat.

DarkTower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DarkTower
Member since 2017 • 201 Posts

i have been a cat owner for over 8 years.

i love my cat - she's clean, easy to take care of, very minimal for basically everything, never made a mess or destroyed anything.

you don't have to take cats on walks everyday or even give them baths or brush their teeth, etc

I do think dogs are better companions and a big dog can for sure protect you and your family if you keep it in the house.

dogs are also more social and smarter, but man are they hard to take care of, lots of maintenance health wise as well.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Cats :)

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

@darktower: Yeah cats are for people who want to own a pet without any of the major responsibilities. All you basically have to do is feed it once a day and make sure its litter box is cleaned out. If someone breaks into my house, I know that my dog will chase them away, so in addition to a great dog I have a sense of security.

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts

I prefer cats overall, but I wouldn't want to own either. If I had to pick a dog to own, it would be a pug since their usually pretty friendly.

I'm sure a well-trained dog is great, it just seems that most of the dogs I've met have had bad owners who let the dog run the show.

As far as pets I have, I currently have three ferrets, I really love having them as pets. A lot of people have misconceptions about ferrets, but it all comes down to training and taking care of them. They have a huge cage which stays in our 2nd room's walk in closet, clean once a day and the smell isn't bad at all. No worse than a cat/dog owners place.

It's really entertaining watching ferrets try to get past barricades and get into things to steal stuff. One of my ferrets has a toy stash that she keeps very well organized, if another ferret messes it up she fixes it right after :p

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

I was scared of cats till I visited my relatives' place. Got along well with the 2 cats there. What I've personally realised over the years is that cats are cute and cuddly, but not necessarily loyal or loving.

I was also scared of dogs till my friend told me to get one 3 years ago. Despite my fear, I've always liked dogs for some odd reason - maybe it's because I grew up with twin older brothers who wouldn't shut up about how great they are. So I bought a female Labrador, and almost instantly, I could feel something different. I come from an abusive household - my dad was a chronic alcoholic and I'd dread coming back because I'd be greeted with abuse and violence. But luckily, that was the year my dad was taken to rehab and became sober (more importantly, normal). Instead of the usual violence and abuse, I would instead be greeted by a dog who'd come dashing at me, wagging her tail, jumping all around and falling over. And that was something truly special. Like normalcy is finally there in my life, you know what I mean?

So yeah, my lil' Cinna is happy and well. And I love the time I spent with her. No matter if I have a shitty day, she always puts a smile on my face. I recall the one time I came late from the theatres. It was around 11:30 PM and it was raining slightly. I could see over the gate that Cinna was fast asleep in front of the door (her favourite sleeping spot; don't ask me why lol). The moment I opened the gate, she stirred and seeing me, she tried to get up, her tail wagging. I told her it was okay and that she should go back to sleep. She slowly went back to sleep. Small moments like this, truly made all the difference.

So yeah, I prefer dogs over cats lol

TL;DR : They're good dogs, Brent.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

I like both, I like dogs a bit more. If I had to own one though, I'd probably get a cat since they're more independent and not as quite emotionally needy, so if I had to leave the house to work several days a week I'm sure they'd be fine when I'm gone. I live with my parents right now, they have a dog, so everybody is giving her the attention she needs all the time. If it were just me though in my own place, I'd not have a dog, I couldn't meet its emotional needs and take it out enough, and I keep irregular hours, which would not work well with a dog as much as it would a cat.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58155 Posts

@Stranger_36 said:

Cats. They're easier to take care of and tend to be more independent. Dogs are needy.

This

Cats for the win, but I love dogs, too!

I like most animals to be honest.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I lived my whole life with cats without bad experiences. I however had a few bad experiences with dogs. Once as a child I played with two dogs (threw snowballs) and one of them bite me in my arm. I don't trust dogs. And I think they are stupid and disgusting. I saw them eating shit and licking their owners face shortly after. I never saw a dog clean himself (like cats do) and they just seem to be some weird slaves of people that can't handle an animal with its own character (like a cat).

tl;dr: Cats are 10/10 master race, dogs are the xBoxes

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

Dogs are communists.

Am I doing new OP right?

Avatar image for BlindBluMonstah
BlindBluMonstah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BlindBluMonstah
Member since 2009 • 13858 Posts

I prefer cats because they are so much easier to care for and don't require as much attention as dogs. They are like having a cool furry roommate who doesn't like hanging out with you unless its on their terms, you come to accept it and make the most of it. haha

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

@fend_oblivion: labs are one of my favorite dog breeds.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

@Zensword: Yeah, team Labrador FTW :D

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@Stranger_36 said:

I like other peoples' dogs in the same way that I like other peopls' children. They're cute and I like them, but I sure as heck wouldn't want one of my own.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Cat easily.

Of course you still have people who aren't educated and think they can be inside and outside and require very little interaction to live well.

I think as people are better educated we'll see more and more understand how to actually own a cat.

I mean society still feeds dry food to cats and dogs, it's not as bad in dogs but dry food for a cat is just making it live less.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

If you don't want a dog just because you're too lazy then holy shit you've got bigger problems.

I don't agree with that. The laziness excuse essentially boils down to "what I get out of it just isn't worth the effort." Applied to dogs, it's less a case of "I really want a dog just SO much, but I don't want to put up with the work" and more a case of "I just plain don't place much value on dogs."