can you legally kick someones ass?

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pandadude01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#51 pandadude01
Member since 2004 • 2084 Posts
[QUOTE="muppet1010"][QUOTE="SIapshot"]

[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"]In Football it is, otherwise if you are over 18 in the US it is considered assault.Sexy_Pirate

Yes, organize a game of football (American style, not that wussy european crap) and take him down.

rugby is more brutal than american football... we dont need pads and helmets etc were not pansies ;)

C WUT I DID THAR? :P

If Rugby players hit as hard as Football players, a lot of them would be dead already.

You obviously never saw Jonah Lomu. :)

260lbs, 1.96m and could still run 100m in under 11 seconds.

You're saying you'd want him running at you with no pads on? I know I wouldn't! :)

pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts

I think it is better for some people. I do not condone brutally killing but execution of rapists ect is fine by me. I don't think a civilized society should have to live with a people who react like that to racial slurs and many of them should be deported. I'm not saying its for everyone, some people are qualified to make these decisions and some are not. Taking the law into you own hands is a privilige.
JohnBasedow

Indeed, some people are qualified to make decisions about law. They're called police officers, and they earn the privilege of taking the law into their own hands, because there is a high probability of them acting within their established boundaries of conduct. The same goes for judges and for the very people who make the law. All of them have earned the privilege of taking the law into their own hands somehow. I may not agree with every decision they make, but I can trust that they will, in most instances, make calculated, educated decisions as opposed to brash, emotionally-motivated decisions. They will also be subject to scrutiny from other qualified individuals who can over-turn their decisions or discipline them for over-stepping their boundaries.

Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
Its not illegal if you dont get caught. Wear a ski mask and beat him up somewhere dark after work.
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#54 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
Well years ago my somewhat friend smacked me in the back of my head and I wait for a chance when he wasn't looking and I literally kicked his ass. :lol:
JohnBasedow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 JohnBasedow
Member since 2005 • 858 Posts
Well years ago my somewhat friend smacked me in the back of my head and I wait for a chance when he wasn't looking and I literally kicked his ass. :lol:Cedmln
hmmmm.
JohnBasedow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 JohnBasedow
Member since 2005 • 858 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnBasedow"]I think it is better for some people. I do not condone brutally killing but execution of rapists ect is fine by me. I don't think a civilized society should have to live with a people who react like that to racial slurs and many of them should be deported. I'm not saying its for everyone, some people are qualified to make these decisions and some are not. Taking the law into you own hands is a privilige.
pianist

Indeed, some people are qualified to make decisions about law. They're called police officers, and they earn the privilege of taking the law into their own hands, because there is a high probability of them acting within their established boundaries of conduct. The same goes for judges and for the very people who make the law. All of them have earned the privilege of taking the law into their own hands somehow. I may not agree with every decision they make, but I can trust that they will, in most instances, make calculated, educated decisions as opposed to brash, emotionally-motivated decisions. They will also be subject to scrutiny from other qualified individuals who can over-turn their decisions or discipline them for over-stepping their boundaries.

you've made some very good points. I still think some good vigilantes out there could help things but I understand your reasoning and respect it.
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 pianist

you've made some very good points. I still think some good vigilantes out there could help things but I understand your reasoning and respect it.JohnBasedow

If that's the case, you should be lobbying for more police officers so they have the resources to provide better protection. I'd support you in that.

IrishMallard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 IrishMallard
Member since 2004 • 6797 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnBasedow"]I think it is better for some people. I do not condone brutally killing but execution of rapists ect is fine by me. I don't think a civilized society should have to live with a people who react like that to racial slurs and many of them should be deported. I'm not saying its for everyone, some people are qualified to make these decisions and some are not. Taking the law into you own hands is a privilige.
pianist

I agree with you for the most part but do you honestly trust judges and lawyers?
makaveli2344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 makaveli2344
Member since 2007 • 3106 Posts
probably, yeah.
cowboymonkey21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 cowboymonkey21
Member since 2007 • 5297 Posts
[QUOTE="pianist"]

[QUOTE="JohnBasedow"]A system where pedos, rapist, ect. get off and honorable men(some who would've be knighted for what they've done in the olden days) get the book thrown at them.reddevilyi

You don't honestly think the Medieval notion of justice is superior to the modern day system do you? If so, then it is instant proof of one of the key failings of vigilante justice - a failure for everyone to agree on a suitable punishment. I would fiercely oppose vigilantes hunting down and brutally executing rapists, for example. This isn't because I do not feel they should be punished, but rather because I believe hunting them down and brutally executing them is excessive. But another person - you perhaps - may fully condone hunting down and brutally executing rapists.

There are plenty of people in society nowadays who condone hunting down and brutally executing a person for a racial slur, or for offending a friend. Reasonable? To the person doing the executing, yes. To many others, no. You can't find any reconciliation between such opposing viewpoints. And in such a case, the most violent response will be the one that becomes the status quo. One vigilante hunts down and shoots a person for claiming his girlfriend is a whore. Then one of the murdered man's buddies kills the original vigilante's girlfriend for revenge - an acceptable punishment in his eyes. So the original vigilante gathers up some friends and firebomb's the girlfriend-murdering guy's house, killing him and his mother. His incredibly angry friends proceed to do the same to the original vigilante's house.

If you want to see what happens if this is allowed to continue, look at the situation between Israel and Palestine. "Justice" there is nothing more than a series of attacks and counter-attacks. It's a cycle that never ends.

Wells said.

I agrees
MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts
You cannot legally assault someone but you can defend yourself. Even in defense you cannot legally beat someone because that would be battery. You cannot reasonably plead defense if you instigate the fight.
ArmoredAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#62 ArmoredAshes
Member since 2005 • 4025 Posts

In Football it is, otherwise if you are over 18 in the US it is considered assault.UrbanSpartan125

not if they attack you first and you dont openly provoke it. then its "self defense". but seriously there are much better ways to get back then physical violence my friend

pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 pianist

I agree with you for the most part but do you honestly trust judges and lawyers?IrishMallard

More than vigilantes. It's by no means a perfect system... it's just better than letting people run wild, practicing justice as they will.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts
[QUOTE="muppet1010"][QUOTE="SIapshot"]

[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"]In Football it is, otherwise if you are over 18 in the US it is considered assault.JohnBasedow

Yes, organize a game of football (American style, not that wussy european crap) and take him down.

rugby is more brutal than american football... we dont need pads and helmets etc were not pansies ;)

I agree but I wont be doing anything like that with the guy anytime soon. How about mace to the face or something, is that assault? I kindof had my heart set on kicking his ass but want to be 100percent sure there wont be any legal backlash.

a mace to the face? You mean you want to hit him with this:shock:

http://www.fisk-knives.com/Mace.jpg

MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 MagnumPI
You could always COVERTLYslash his tires, key his car or throw a brick through his window. Maybe break his head and tail lights. Probably not worth the risk of being caught though.
Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#66 Quadrifoglio
Member since 2006 • 5451 Posts

just do it "anonymously" ? :P

i.e. hoodie and a bat

muppet1010

That would be it.. :P

MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MagnumPI
Mace is out of use. Capsicum is used currently. It's safer because it's mostly Capsicum and other pepper juices. Anyway... peppering and macingsomeone is a felony if it's not used forself-defense. It's considered malicious or menacing.
JLAudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 JLAudio7
Member since 2007 • 2729 Posts
[QUOTE="JohnBasedow"][QUOTE="muppet1010"][QUOTE="SIapshot"]

[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"]In Football it is, otherwise if you are over 18 in the US it is considered assault.Film-Guy

I agree but I wont be doing anything like that with the guy anytime soon. How about mace to the face or something, is that assault? I kindof had my heart set on kicking his ass but want to be 100percent sure there wont be any legal backlash.

a mace to the face? You mean you want to hit him with this:shock:

http://www.fisk-knives.com/Mace.jpg

I think he means this Mace:
Jakesgotbeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Jakesgotbeef
Member since 2006 • 751 Posts

[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"]In Football it is, otherwise if you are over 18 in the US it is considered assault.SIapshot

Wussy european crap?

Try playing rugby. kthxbai.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
If your boss finds out, then your job will probably be in jeopardy...
igotbeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71 igotbeef
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts
you could try to get him to fencing and you could spar with him and like stab him and call it an "acident"