CA waiter refuses to serve Latinas:

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39327743

A California waiter refused to serve 4 Latina customers until he saw ‘proof of residency’

Damn, what a bigoted idiot.

And to make matters worse, Trump supporters started calling it fake news.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

OMG

BLT for $7.99

I'm telling Trump

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

Well what can you expect. So many of these denial of service or biased claims between restaurants, stores, and customers, have been debunked.

And this is a consequence of all those false stories that tried to gain attention and money. As people don't want to be fooled again. Take for example the lesbian waiter, who was proven to make the anti-gay note herself. When receipts and bank statements of the customer did not match. Or the gay pastor, who admitted to writing "f*g" on his cake from Whole Foods. And then felt bad, because he took attention away from legitimate issues in the gay community.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Hel-lo. Mmmm. Mama.

Must be a woman hater (or jealous of them) to not like them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Only the authority has permission to request papers for looking Latin American.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#6  Edited By deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

Guess who wants to see patronage in the restaurant he works at to drop off, and fire him for it........

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Even for a hardcore racist that's pretty damn stupid. Even If they didn't have proof of residency, tourists tend to go to restaurants a lot, and even if they were illegals how is it any of his business?

The people claiming its fake news are just being desperate as usual. It's much easier to put your fingers in your ears and shout "FAKE NEWS!" than it is to face reality.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

Is this really international news?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
@jun_aka_pekto said:

Hel-lo. Mmmm. Mama.

Must be a woman hater (or jealous of them) to not like them.

Holy hell.

1) How are these women "latina" exaclty?
2) I'm betting he wanted to see their licenses to get ages and addresses like some creepy fucker.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56229 Posts

Well, I guess the restaurants don't like making money. I don't care where you from, if you got money to spend, come on in folks.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18800 Posts

@davillain-:"Well, I guess the restaurants don't like making money. I don't care where you from, if you got money to spend, come on in folks."

The waiter must have real issues to turn down money.

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jak42

@foxhound_fox: That's probably what actually happened. The waiter may have wanted their personal information. And used the residency crap to cover up his real intentions.

We'll likely never know for sure. As this comes off as a story that will blow over sooner than later. There's also no mention of the waiter's ethnicity, age, name, or any identifying mark in the link. Or the WP article BBC referred to. So for all we know, the guy may have also been of hispanic descent. Not that it really matters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Most likely going to get fired. NO owner would want an employee doing that.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@foxhound_fox said:

Holy hell.

2) I'm betting he wanted to see their licenses to get ages and addresses like some creepy fucker.

I've seen plenty of Latinas like them here in Arizona, Cali, Nevada, Colombia (down south), Florida, etc.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Holy hell.

Yeah, but...if he just wanted to see their licenses, couldn't he just have carded them if they purchased any kind of alcoholic drink?

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

While this is total BS on the waiter's part. I don't understand why its international news. This kind of shit happens all the time.

White kids getting beat up for walking down the wrong street, cops shooting blacks for being black, the rich getting attacked by the poor....I mean come on.

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts

@zaryia:

What's a latinas?

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

Dude must of just hated his job, and the position he was in. He needed to be fired, as he would have come up with some other stuff. If you ain't happy, no one can help you. These customers didn't deserve that. Some people just make me sick. These are people, and if your job is to serve, serve. Treat a person right, because tomorrow it might come to bite you in the @ss.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@hillelslovak said:

Guess who wants to see patronage in the restaurant he works at to drop off, and fire him for it........

The free market?

A guy like that is bad for business, unequivocally. He WAS fired. The management would have to be absolute buffoons not to fire someone for doing this....

Nice attempt at spin though.

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jak42

@DevilMightCry: Well if this is a serious question. A Latina is a hispanic female.

Latino will be a male. In the spanish language, switching the last word (o) with an (A). Distinguishes between a male (o) and female (A). Such as Hermano (brother) and Hermana (sister). There are some exceptions. Like groups of friends, mixed with men and women. Can be referred to as Amigos. But since this case involves just two females (and no males), they can be referred to as Latinas.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44316 Posts

Wow. What an idiot. I guess he doesn't want to be employed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@LexLas said:

Dude must of just hated his job, and the position he was in. He needed to be fired, as he would have come up with some other stuff. If you ain't happy, no one can help you. These customers didn't deserve that. Some people just make me sick. These are people, and if your job is to serve, serve. Treat a person right, because tomorrow it might come to bite you in the @ss.

Why would anyone need to be fired? Surely it would make more sense to just quit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#23 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@zaryia said:
@hillelslovak said:

The free market?

A guy like that is bad for business, unequivocally. He WAS fired. The management would have to be absolute buffoons not to fire someone for doing this....

Nice attempt at spin though.

Spin? Please explain to me how I am spinning. He got fired, which is what he deserved.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@toast_burner said:

Even for a hardcore racist that's pretty damn stupid. Even If they didn't have proof of residency, tourists tend to go to restaurants a lot, and even if they were illegals how is it any of his business?

The people claiming its fake news are just being desperate as usual. It's much easier to put your fingers in your ears and shout "FAKE NEWS!" than it is to face reality.

Yeah I am sorry but I am more leaning to this being bullshit.. This guy is a waiter and deals with numerous people a day, why are these people specifically the only ones that it happened to? Furthermore the guy must be dumber than a bag of hammers if he really did that.. During this kind of climate with media and politics jumping on every bit of thing like this they can get a hold of, he would have to be incredibly stupid to not realize that this would be his immediate termination and possibly a black listing from future employers.. This would be like a Catholic priest wanting to start a new summer boys camp right after the Catholic Church pedophile incidents came to light..

Most people want to keep their job/career vs's shit like this. Not sure how this is being desperate, most people understand the idea of wanting to hold on to a job.. And this seems like a incredibly foolish way of losing it, especially when its highly doubtful these are the only Hispanic patrons he has had to serve.. If he indeed did that though, it is a no brainer that he would be fired..

And lets not forget this was from a freaking FACEBOOK post, in which any kind of shit can be made up.. And with such a political climate a business with a very large hispanic population as customers (not to mention smack dab in the middle of the most liberal state in the union), the last thing they want to be linked with is such sentiments regardless if it is true or not.. The REALITY of the matter is we have numerous examples on both ends of the spectrum in which people played victim and made shit up, to the guy being guilty of what he did.. And I think its foolish as all hell to take this as fact from a facebook post of all things, especially from what we can tell from the story this is the only incident where this happened..

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

How can you know if somebody is a Latino ? Obviously there's the language ..... wait, there are thousands of 2nd + generation Hispanics that don't speak Spanish in America. Maybe the skin color .... hmmm, I'm Hispanic and white ....

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@raugutcon said:

How can you know if somebody is a Latino ? Obviously there's the language ..... wait, there are thousands of 2nd + generation Hispanics that don't speak Spanish in America. Maybe the skin color .... hmmm, I'm Hispanic and white ....

Excellent point. "Latino" covers an extremely wide range of backgrounds.

Loading Video...

-Byshop

ssvegeta555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ssvegeta555
Member since 2003 • 2448 Posts

I guess the restaurant doesn't do business with tourists visiting the country. >_> If this is true, what an idiot. Hope he gets fired. But, something seems off here. hmm....

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

Now.. I don't go to Mexican Restaurants anymore.. hahaaaa !!!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

If those girls came in, I'd probably do the opposite and serve only them and forget about everyone else

"You guys OK? Can I get you some more water? How about a free app? Entree? Back rub? Here's my phone number."

wii60_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wii60_3
Member since 2007 • 2017 Posts

Good, restaurant food is bad for you.

its why americans are Low T