• 199 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trollsters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Trollsters
Member since 2009 • 637 Posts

Which president do you think did a worse job, and why?

MystikFollower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MystikFollower
Member since 2009 • 4061 Posts

Barack* :P

hiphopballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 hiphopballer
Member since 2009 • 4059 Posts

im from Canada so it doesnt really affect me.

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

Obama's presidency isint over yet..

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts
Bush by far.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts
Bush was terrible....Obama has not impressed yet.
xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
Bush was pretty awful. Barack has been a pretty decent president so far, in my opinion.
Avatar image for tocklestein2005
tocklestein2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tocklestein2005
Member since 2008 • 5532 Posts

Even though Obama has years left to screw up something, it doesn't matter because a president cannot be more of a miserable failure than bushco.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts

Obama is doing what he said he would do. Why is everyone ****ing? I'd rather have a president worry about his own country than invading others, so I say Bush.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Obama's term isn't over yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

What we need to do is find well made representations online in Fight Night Round 4, and then run a simulation fight. That would be sweet.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Bush, with him there was the prospect that he'd claim Norway had weapons of Mass Destruction aswell and then Invade us just to get our oil aswell.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Certainly not a fan of Bush, but Obama seems to be on track to be a worse two-term president. If he only serves a single term, provided he continues doing what he is doing at its current rate, I would have to call them even.

cabose38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cabose38
Member since 2005 • 1162 Posts

^

Great idea!

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#15 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I'd say it's best to compare them once Obama isn't in office anymore. But so far I don't think Obama has done much, but what do I know about politics?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Bush.. He single handedly ressurected McCarthy mentality of either with us or against us, thus committing diplomatic suicide.. The Iraq War fails in all words as sound strategy by making war the very first option with out any talk.. He opened the flood gates of neo conservatism into the government.. He relied heavily off of cronism where party loyalty was far more important then actual competence, experience.. The director of FEMA during Katrina is a big example of this.. His adminstration condoned to even promoting torture within the highly flawed idea of the war on terror.. He also (along with Clinton) did away with alot of the safety net policies set fourth from FDR"s new deal which was trying to prevent economic melt down.. Things like banks being barred from doing risky investments, were allowed to.. And unfortunately Obama adminstration has done little if anything to curb this.. Obama has appeared far more sound as a leader.. He doesn't run off propaganda like "We have to fight them over there, so they don't come over here".. Or "They hate us for our freedoms".. Its hard to tell with Obama, the amount of political hatred that is being directed towards him is shocking.. One thing is for sure, Obama is sure as hell being a superior president when it comes to foriegn diplomacy and overall foreignpolicy.. On domestic issues that remains to be seen, I at least give him credit for not using nationalist proaganda.. Something the Bush adminstration consistently used for their own gains.. Though whether or not his domestic policies will do good entirely up in the air..

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

What we need to do is find well made representations online in Fight Night Round 4, and then run a simulation fight. That would be sweet.

Heirren

You asked for it....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

LJS9502_basic

You asked for it....

Obama would clearly win, seeing as he saved the universe from the Reapers..

xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 xhellcatx
Member since 2006 • 9015 Posts

Bush was pretty terrible, and I have not seen anything to my liking from Obama. He still has some time to impress me, but right now, I'm not.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

I may eat these words later (you know after Obama is actually done being president) but right now Obama has done a better job than Bush and his administration.

SunofVich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SunofVich
Member since 2004 • 4665 Posts

Obama has done something for the average American person at least.

Bush has tried to wiretap our phones, invaded a country for no reason, spent more time vacationing then doing his job, his uptight bass ackwards thinking on stem cell research held out medical science back by 8 years.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Bush gets blindly hated by people who didn't speak up a few years after 2001 to actually put in place the balance of powers we have. Only AFTER everything went to hell in a handbasket with the war in Iraq did people say "oh yeah I never supported it."

I just don't like how fickle America is.

sayonaragalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#23 sayonaragalaxy
Member since 2009 • 38 Posts

I may eat these words later (you know after Obama is actually done being president) but right now Obama has done a better job than Bush and his administration.

Serraph105

Said it more clearly than I ever could. It certainly isn't hard to do a better job than Bush. What a lazy, half-ass administration that was.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Obama has done something for the average American person at least.

Bush has tried to wiretap our phones, invaded a country for no reason, spent more time vacationing then doing his job, his uptight bass ackwards thinking on stem cell research held out medical science back by 8 years.

SunofVich

Patriot act was passed by a near sweep in the house and senate, or did Bush find a way to completely bypass the entire system of checks and balances.

Did he also somehow find a way to fund the wars by just signing random bills without the approval of the house or senate?

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
I think most of the rest of the world prefers Obama.
sayonaragalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#26 sayonaragalaxy
Member since 2009 • 38 Posts

I think most of the rest of the world prefers Obama.jimmyjammer69

The only people who don't seem to like Obama are those that drown themselves in the blabber that's being dribbled out of any television speaker tuned into FOX News.

T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 T_P_O
Member since 2008 • 5388 Posts

I'd have to wait until Obama is out of office, it all really went into a massive downwards spiral near the end with Bush Jr's presidency. Something like that could easily happen to Obama depending on his time in office, or it could improve as well.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
Bush is easily the worst president of the last 80 years.
Gundamforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gundamforce
Member since 2005 • 1222 Posts

Bush gets blindly hated by people who didn't speak up a few years after 2001 to actually put in place the balance of powers we have. Only AFTER everything went to hell in a handbasket with the war in Iraq did people say "oh yeah I never supported it."

Wasdie

I and many others were skeptical about Iraq and some of his other policies from the start. Way to go with the generalizations.

I'd have to wait until Obama is out of office, it all really went into a massive downwards spiral near the end with Bush Jr's presidency. Something like that could easily happen to Obama depending on his time in office, or it could improve as well.

T_P_O

My reasoning is the same as yours.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Obama's presidency isn't over however, there is a good comparison with Reagan and Obama's situation. Both administrations dealt a heavy blow to them with rising unemployment rates. However, both presidents had different views regarding regulation and government control so the outcome of the Obama administration in a couple of years may vary. George W. Bush's administrationsaw something similar to that but with around 6% unemployment rate but then decreased with the economy booming. However, he faced the beginnings of a huge recession and the handling of the whole situation was a mess. It's a bit unfair to point out that the high unemployment rates were the result of the current president's handling. It's a fact that unemployment rates decrease after the GDP increases which it has. You also have to take into account of consumer spending and business profits. Although the unemployment rates were relatively low during the Carter years, there was inflation.

As for foreign policy, Bush was hawkish and so was every other president. I don't see a huge difference in Obama other than wanting to have diplomatic talks with Iran and bowing his head down to foreign leaders. His calls for stricter sanctions against Iran is reminiscent to the situation with Iraq and their unwillingness to talk due to them having WMDs. However, to his supporters, he made the United States seem like a friendly nation. To others, an appeaser.

For domestic policy, the healthcare bill won't have an impact until 2014 so it could possibily be repealed if the GOP ever got into the house and senate. His calls for removing Don't Ask, Don't Tell is a positive but I haven't seen anything on that yet. And he did remove federal restrictions on stem cell research which is wonderful.

Obama did accomplish some big domestic policies where as Bush was herelded when the economy went from bust to boom, whiched helped him in 2004. The economy could make a huge turnaround for Obama, which then he could claim to have "created" a prosporous economy. I can't so who's better right now since Obama is not done. And we haven't seen the effects of the healthcare bill yet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-59d151f079814

Wasdie

Uhh Wasdie, there were tons of big protests on the Iraq War as well as the Patriot Act.. I don't see how you some how think that this resistance magically came out of no where.. I have always been against Bush for things like the Iraq War, Patriot Act, allowing torture, using contractors which the adminstration had personal ties to (Haliburton) which smacks as corruption, as well as his super nationalism he tried to promote.. And the Democrats in office who voted for the said things are just as much to blame for this.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Serraph105

T_P_O
considering that he accomplished something that has been sought after on and off for about five decades, and now he will go after financial reform and then who knows what else all in the name of both lowering the national debt while creating incentive for hiring more people my guess is things will go up from here. Personally I want to see what else he is going to do to shift towards more green technology.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Bush is easily the worst president of the last 80 years. HoolaHoopMan

How is he? I would really like to know.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Bush is worse. Obama has only been in for a little bit but he's already taken steps to fix some of Bush's mistakes which is nice to see. Obama still has time to mess up but honestly he would have to mess up pretty bad to be worse than Bush.
shawnyboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shawnyboy95
Member since 2010 • 554 Posts

im from Canada so it doesnt really affect me.

hiphopballer

Same with me :/

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

Oh, I thought this would be a discussion of who would win in a cage match.

I'm severely disappointed...

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
Bush hands down. Just about the only reason why he had a second term is because the economy is booming and patriotic spirits are still high one year into the Iraq War. However, everything dismantled afterwards, with the "No Child Left Behind" act a disaster, resulting in dumbing down education just so kids can pass. People started to be disillusioned about the War in Iraq and the War on Terror. The Patriot Act ended up with citizens getting their phone tapped and people being discriminated just because they have an Arabic name. His handling of Katrina has many critics crying foul, and with the recession creeping in 2008, people are jaded. The jury is still out on Obama, and whether his Health Care reform is a step in the right direction or it backfires. Come to think of it, Obama could be one of the most controversial president since Ronald Reagan.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Serraph105

MetroidPrimePwn
well that would clearly be Obama. That's not to say Bush is in bad shape or anything, but Obama is much younger and in even better shape. Plus he's black (you know sorta) and thus a much better athlete :P :|................nah :P
Noskillkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Noskillkill
Member since 2009 • 1116 Posts

Let's wait to see how Obama's major decisions affect the long run. WAY too soonfor a fair verdict.

Noskillkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Noskillkill
Member since 2009 • 1116 Posts

[QUOTE="MetroidPrimePwn"]

Serraph105

well that would clearly be Obama. That's not to say Bush is in bad shape or anything, but Obama is much younger and in even better shape. Plus he's black (you know sorta) and thus a much better athlete :P :|................nah :P

I'll just be the black guy who just barely heard you say that and pretend i didnt hear it.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Bush by far.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Serraph105

[QUOTE="Serraph105"][QUOTE="MetroidPrimePwn"]

Noskillkill

I'll just be the black guy who just barely heard you say that and pretend i didnt hear it.

:lol: Just keep in mind that not all generalities are bad ones
xionvalkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xionvalkyrie
Member since 2008 • 3444 Posts

Let's wait to see how Obama's major decisions affect the long run. WAY too soonfor a fair verdict.

Noskillkill

Pretty much this. Let's see how the health care bill unfolds.

wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
Obama is responsible for less death.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
Member since 2005 • 6504 Posts
Not a fair comparison yet, Obama needs more time to run his course, then we can compare them.
Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

[QUOTE="MetroidPrimePwn"]

Serraph105

well that would clearly be Obama. That's not to say Bush is in bad shape or anything, but Obama is much younger and in even better shape.

Bush is a goddamn ninja. He proved that with the shoe dodging incident.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

I'll judge when Obama's done messing up the country.