Brittany Murphy's husband found dead

This topic is locked from further discussion.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts

Los Angeles, California (CNN)-- The widower of actress Brittany Murphy was found dead at his California home just five months after his wife died.

British screenwriter Simon Monjack was found dead Sunday night in Hollywood, according to the Los Angeles County coroner's office.

Monjack, 39, was pronounced dead after the Los Angeles Fire Department was called there for a medical emergency, according to police.

His cause of death was not immediately known.

Murphy, 32, died in December from a combination of pneumonia, an iron deficiency and multiple drug intoxication, a coroner said. The drugs involved were legal and used to treat a respiratory infection, according to an autopsy.

The often bubbly, free-spirited actress appeared in films such as "Clueless," "8 Mile," "Don't Say a Word" and "Girl, Interrupted."

She also lent her voice to animated works, including the movie "Happy Feet" -- in which she also sang -- and a regular role on the animated TV series "King of the Hill."

The couple had no children.

link

what are the chances...

felixlynch777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 felixlynch777
Member since 2008 • 1787 Posts

Probably a junkie.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Probably a junkie.

felixlynch777
Look at the video in the link, he doesn't exactly look like a junkie, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he'd committed suicide.
felixlynch777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 felixlynch777
[QUOTE="felixlynch777"]

Probably a junkie.

bobbetybob
Look at the video in the link, he doesn't exactly look like a junkie, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he'd committed suicide.

Didn't watch the video beforehand sorry. I just assumed from how his wife went.
VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts
[QUOTE="bobbetybob"][QUOTE="felixlynch777"]

Probably a junkie.

felixlynch777

she wasn't a junkie either
pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts
[QUOTE="bobbetybob"][QUOTE="felixlynch777"]

Probably a junkie.

felixlynch777

She wasn't a junkie
T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts
The couple had no children.weezyfb
at least no one would go parent less. thats very sad.
Avatar image for SquatsAreAwesom
SquatsAreAwesom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SquatsAreAwesom
Member since 2009 • 1678 Posts

Probably a junkie.

felixlynch777
This.
felixlynch777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 felixlynch777

[QUOTE="felixlynch777"][QUOTE="bobbetybob"] Look at the video in the link, he doesn't exactly look like a junkie, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he'd committed suicide.VaguelyTagged

Murphy, 32, died in December from a combination of pneumonia, an iron deficiency and multiple drug intoxication.

Jesus_on_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jesus_on_fire
Member since 2008 • 2022 Posts

[QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"][QUOTE="felixlynch777"] Didn't watch the video beforehand sorry. I just assumed from how his wife went.felixlynch777

Murphy, 32, died in December from a combination of pneumonia, an iron deficiency and multiple drug intoxication.

She wasn't an addict though. the drugs she was taking was prescription medication

wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts

[QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"][QUOTE="felixlynch777"] Didn't watch the video beforehand sorry. I just assumed from how his wife went.felixlynch777

Finish the paragraph kid.
kidsmelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kidsmelly
Member since 2009 • 5692 Posts

I like how the husband dies and the article goes on to not talking about him and just Brittany.

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts
Honestly don't care. I didn't know who Brittany Murphy was and I don't know him.
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts

Oh, it'll be the iron deficency that did it.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
Honestly don't care. I didn't know who Brittany Murphy was and I don't know him.Mochyc
I never understand this kind of reaction on the internet when somebody dies. :( I remember when Colin McCrae and his young child were killed in a helicopter crash and so many people who don't follow Rally racing just posted 'don't care...' despite the fact a man and his kid and just been tragically killed. What's wrong with showing a little sympathy for a sad story?
DabsTight703

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 DabsTight703
Member since 2008 • 1966 Posts
[QUOTE="Mochyc"]Honestly don't care. I didn't know who Brittany Murphy was and I don't know him.Ninja-Hippo
I never understand this kind of reaction on the internet when somebody dies. :( I remember when Colin McCrae and his young child were killed in a helicopter crash and so many people who don't follow Rally racing just posted 'don't care...' despite the fact a man and his kid and just been tragically killed. What's wrong with showing a little sympathy for a sad story?

Seriously. I was thinking maybe it's just kids on the internet trying to "flaunt" how desensitized they've become as they think it will make them look more BA or something. I'm beginning to think people truly just don't care which is really sad.
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts

[QUOTE="felixlynch777"]

[QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"] she wasn't a junkie eitherJesus_on_fire

She wasn't an addict though. the drugs she was taking was prescription medication

L-methamphetamine or "meth" is technically legal for some uses (i.e. respiratory issues), true.
Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mochyc

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="Mochyc"]Honestly don't care. I didn't know who Brittany Murphy was and I don't know him.DabsTight703

Seriously. I was thinking maybe it's just kids on the internet trying to "flaunt" how desensitized they've become as they think it will make them look more BA or something. I'm beginning to think people truly just don't care which is really sad.

I'm not a kid. Horrible things happen everyday and this is not even bad compared to most people. I'm not going to give special attention to this guy just because he's the husband of some celebrity. If I had to care for every single uncontrollable and unfortunate event I would probably sink into a depression and kill myself.

Edit: What does merit my attention are horrible events that are the product of injustice

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#21 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
Sad. Something wrong was going on in that house or they just had horrible luck.
Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Fuhgeddabouditt
Member since 2010 • 5468 Posts
[QUOTE="felixlynch777"]

Probably a junkie.

bobbetybob

A lot of junkies dont look like your typically run down junkie.
felixlynch777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 felixlynch777
[QUOTE="Mochyc"]Honestly don't care. I didn't know who Brittany Murphy was and I don't know him.Ninja-Hippo

I think the suffering and poverty around the world are sadder than two millionaires who feel the need to pop pills to feel better about life.
felixlynch777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 felixlynch777

Hey Brian what happened you were a mod before?

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#25 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts

Hey Brian what happened you were a mod before?

felixlynch777
Hey Felix, how are ya? On my two week "break" we're all taking this year. A pretty good idea to get us off the moderation tools and back into posting, some, like me, get kinda "stuck" doing the moderating part and forgetting to post as well.
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mattisgod01
Member since 2005 • 3476 Posts

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="Mochyc"]Honestly don't care. I didn't know who Brittany Murphy was and I don't know him.felixlynch777

I think the suffering and poverty around the world are sadder than two millionaires who feel the need to pop pills to feel better about life.

I never understood why we are suppose to care more about someone if they are famous. Apparently a plane crashed in India killing 158 people...

DabsTight703

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DabsTight703

[QUOTE="DabsTight703"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"] I never understand this kind of reaction on the internet when somebody dies. :( I remember when Colin McCrae and his young child were killed in a helicopter crash and so many people who don't follow Rally racing just posted 'don't care...' despite the fact a man and his kid and just been tragically killed. What's wrong with showing a little sympathy for a sad story? Mochyc

I'm not a kid. Horrible things happen everyday and this is not even bad compared to most people. I'm not going to give special attention to this guy just because he's the husband of some celebrity. If I had to care for every single uncontrollable and unfortunate event I would probably sink into a depression and kill myself.

Edit: What does merit my attention are horrible events that are the product of injustice

That does not mean you shouldn't show respect for the those that have passed away, especially if it's recent. I don't expect people to care. I expect people to show some damn respect. To simply post saying that you don't care just shows your immaturity and lust for attention.

Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

i have this thing where if someone dies by their own stupidity (or hand) then i couldnt care less about them.

Ex. there was a kid who drove drunk and he hit a tree and he got killed.

I honestly do not care about his death because it was his own stupidity.

NOW! Colin McCrae's death was sad :(.

jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jubino
Member since 2005 • 6265 Posts

NOW! Colin McCrae's death was sad :(.

Quaker-w00ts

Never heard of him.

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mochyc

[QUOTE="Mochyc"]

[QUOTE="DabsTight703"] Seriously. I was thinking maybe it's just kids on the internet trying to "flaunt" how desensitized they've become as they think it will make them look more BA or something. I'm beginning to think people truly just don't care which is really sad.DabsTight703

That does not mean you shouldn't show respect for the those that have passed away, especially if it's recent. I don't expect people to care. I expect people to show some damn respect. To simply post saying that you don't care just shows your immaturity and lust for attention.

Really? Immaturity and lust for attention? REALLY? Please, in no way am I disrespecting him; I simply don't care for him.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
I somehow felt that this was coming, not sure why.
EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts
I'm a little confused why anyone would care about this.
jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jubino
Member since 2005 • 6265 Posts
I'm a little confused why anyone would care about this.EMOEVOLUTION
It's only in the news because it's been like, what, six months since she died? If it would have been a year or more later, he probably wouldn't have made the news.
DucksBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DucksBrains
Member since 2007 • 1146 Posts

[QUOTE="Mochyc"]

[QUOTE="DabsTight703"] Seriously. I was thinking maybe it's just kids on the internet trying to "flaunt" how desensitized they've become as they think it will make them look more BA or something. I'm beginning to think people truly just don't care which is really sad.DabsTight703

Because pretending to care is so much better. :roll:

Loco_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Loco_Live
Member since 2010 • 3147 Posts

Smells like a self-drug-induced suicide to me.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#36 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Good. Douche was trying to profit off his wife's death, offering paid tours of the room where she passed away and everything.
Rckstrchik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 Rckstrchik
Member since 2010 • 1271 Posts

I honestly don't think he was a junkie. I'd say it was either suicide or an accident related to a health condition. Like a heart attack or something...

DabsTight703

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DabsTight703

[QUOTE="DabsTight703"]

[QUOTE="Mochyc"] I'm not a kid. Horrible things happen everyday and this is not even bad compared to most people. I'm not going to give special attention to this guy just because he's the husband of some celebrity. If I had to care for every single uncontrollable and unfortunate event I would probably sink into a depression and kill myself.

DucksBrains

Because pretending to care is so much better. :roll:

You guys miss the point completely. It is NOT about caring. I never understood the need for people to post in these kinds of threads simply to state that "they don't care". If that was the case, why post to begin with? If a GS poster makes a thread to vent about a recent passing of a friend/family memmber, people would offer their condolences. When it's some famous person, people feel the need to state that they don't care. Are there some sort of jelousy issues?

KittenNipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KittenNipples
Member since 2007 • 3013 Posts
Id kill myself too if my wife died.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#40 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
I had no idea she even died........
Lost-Memory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Lost-Memory
Member since 2009 • 1556 Posts
[QUOTE="felixlynch777"]

Probably a junkie.

bobbetybob

If you lived in my town, you'd learn one thing. Looks are decieving. There are more people into hard drugs than i would have ever thought. But now i see the truth.
Blu_Falcon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Blu_Falcon37
Member since 2006 • 4041 Posts

Am I the only person who read the title and said who? :?