vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3064 Posts

Britney Spears passionately pleaded for an end to her conservatorship as she addressed a courtroom on Wednesday, saying, "I just want my life back."

All parties involved in Spears' conservatorship appeared remotely for the Wednesday hearing, presided over by California Superior Court Judge Brenda J. Penny. During the hearing, Spears said she has been "traumatized" and "depressed" due to the conservatorship, telling the court, "I cry every day."

"I've lied and told the whole world I'm OK and I'm happy. It's a lie," Spears said, saying she believed that if she said this enough times it might come true. "I've been in denial. I've been in shock. I am traumatized. I'm not happy. I can't sleep. I'm so angry it's insane. And I'm depressed. I cry every day."

What did Britney Spears say during the June 23 hearing?

During the 23-minute statement she read over the phone, Spears told the court she wants to "get married and have a baby" but, due to the conservatorship, she isn't allowed to do either of those things.

The singer, who is currently dating Sam Asghari, explained that she has an intrauterine device, or IUD, that prevents her from getting pregnant. She claimed that those in charge of her conservatorship won't allow her to get it taken out by a doctor because they don't want her to have anymore children.

Spears said she deserves to have the freedom to make decisions about her family.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/britney-spears-pleads-judge-end-13-year-conservatorship/story?id=78400217

Good lord, I had no idea it was that bad. Can't manage her own money or even have children?! I don't understand how that's not a human rights abuse.

And she's been living like this for 13 years. The woman is now 39. It's not like she'll be able to have kids forever. Biological clock is ticking for her.

I'd be suing.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 50537 Posts

WTF is a conservatorship, anyway? This is the first time I've heard of it.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 20780 Posts

She's pretty much owned by the law.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 2

#4 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 5013 Posts

@mrbojangles25: My thoughts as well. Does it mean she’s on probation for something she’d done?

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@brimmul777 said:

@mrbojangles25: My thoughts as well. Does it mean she’s on probation for something she’d done?

I had no idea what conservatorship was until I looked it up. Apparently, Spears was in such a severe mental state that she was deemed unfit to make economic or even health related decisions. Instead, "control" over said decisions was given to another party (initially her father). And now she wants to regain control over her life. I mean, who wouldn't?

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 1371 Posts

What a load of shit. So she's fit to earn the millions but not to spend them?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 50537 Posts

@johnd13 said:
@brimmul777 said:

I had no idea what conservatorship was until I looked it up. Apparently, Spears was in such a severe mental state that she was deemed unfit to make economic or even health related decisions. Instead, "control" over said decisions was given to another party (initially her father). And now she wants to regain control over her life. I mean, who wouldn't?

Yeah I mean I guess I understand the need for something like a conservatorship but at the same time I would prefer control be handed to a "board" of multiple people. Having her father-agent control it is not a great idea, I mean let's be frank; if we are fucked up in the head, chances are it's our parents' fault for most of that.

Seems like a pretty messed up thing ultimately, but I do recall Britney's meltdowns, she does have some serious mental health issues.

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1269 Posts

Apparently Britney started pleading about that she wished the conservatorship to end as early as 2014. And all her father had to say in his defence on the 23:rd of June was that he was sorry that Britney was unhappy about her current life situation.

Perhaps Britney's father is unable to end the conservatorship by himself. But to answer in such a generic way, tells me that Britney's father hasn't listened to and cared for his daughter in at least 7 years 😢

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 47374 Posts

Britney is still feeling the effects on Kevin Federline and to this day, her career was never the same and Kevin Federline is still getting $40,000 a month from her.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vl4d_l3nin

@davillain- said:

Britney is still feeling the effects on Kevin Federline and to this day, her career was never the same and Kevin Federline is still getting $40,000 a month from her.

I knew she had kids, but I forgot about him. I think everybody did

Loading Video...

Best thing to come out of the mans "career"

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain-  Moderator

@vl4d_l3nin: Funny I think most WWE fans also forgot about him despite he beat John Cena and Cena was embarrassed after that loss.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 46860 Posts

Normally, I see conservatorship/power of attorney on severely ill (mentally or physical)/incapacitated individuals who can't make decisions on their own due to their disability/illness. This is a very bizarre and stunning case, especially forcing her to work, forcing her to have IUD, and cashing in on her fame. Hard to wrap my mind around it.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18104 Posts

@davillain-:" Kevin Federline is still getting $40,000 a month from her."

lol, really?

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain-  Moderator

@PSP107 said:

@davillain-:" Kevin Federline is still getting $40,000 a month from her."

lol, really?

He put Britney on child support and still getting that big cash. Kevin knew what he was doing all along and played Britney for a fool.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 37252 Posts

sounds like this

Loading Video...

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 13400 Posts

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vl4d_l3nin

@SOedipus: LOL. Guess Britney should hire Trumps impeachment lawyer. Dude seems to be pretty good.

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#18  Edited By Peasly
Member since 2004 • 454 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@johnd13 said:
@brimmul777 said:

Yeah I mean I guess I understand the need for something like a conservatorship but at the same time I would prefer control be handed to a "board" of multiple people. Having her father-agent control it is not a great idea, I mean let's be frank; if we are fucked up in the head, chances are it's our parents' fault for most of that.

Seems like a pretty messed up thing ultimately, but I do recall Britney's meltdowns, she does have some serious mental health issues.

I remember the meltdowns too, mainly the shaved head thing and the police being called to her house. It was all over the news (don't think that helped). Personally I think just because she has some mental health issues it shouldn't mean she should be punished (maybe too strong a word?) for the rest of her life. Everyone has problems at some point and my experience is that a little compassion, understanding and the right sort of help can go a long way to try and get them back on track and feel better about their situation.

The basic need for compassion, understanding and kindness is severely lacking here it seems. I feel for her, I hope her situation improves. I agree with you that our parent's are the reason some of us are a bit fu£$ed up. I know it's my mum's doing because of the way she treated me when she was going through her divorce to my dad (I was 12 at the time now 46). I basically have all his mannerism's, and his looks so when she looks at me she sees him; don't expect to be treated like shit for the rest of my life though.

To me conservatorship sounds like a fancy word for prison. Surely after all this time she should have been getting the correct help to improve her mental state and transition her into being a member of society?