Bringing baby's to rock concerts=child abuse *POLL*

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

Ever gone to a rock concert and there's some brain-dead "parent" with their infant child rocking out to the tunes?

IMO this is child abuse. Last night I was at the ACDC concert, and sitting next to our group was a group of insane a-holes with a 3-5 month old infant.
At one point they actually bullied my friend and his girlfriend out of their seats, shouting: "get out of our seats, these are our seats!" repeatedly. F'd up pieces of ****. It got to the point where I had to threaten them with and asskicking in order for them to stfu.

But back to the subject at hand, because I want to hear your opinion on this question:
Is bringing an infant to a rock concert child abuse?

This morning my head is ringing from the loudness. I can't imagine what that poor child must be going through today. I'll bet he lost half his hearing last night. How can this be allowed to happen? How can people be so irresponisible? It's possible the sound from the drums could even effect the infant's heartbeat.

I've always wondered why there's so many screwed up people in this world. Now I know how they get that way. From having "parents" like the ones I mentioned. They never had a chance.

What's your opinion on this type of behavior from "parents?"

ice_rootbeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ice_rootbeer
Member since 2009 • 2766 Posts

Ever gone to a rock concert and there's some brain-dead "parent" with their infant child rocking out to the tunes?

IMO this is child abuse. Last night I was at the ACDC concert, and sitting next to our group was a group of insane a-holes with a 3-5 month old infant.
At one point they actually bullied my friend and his girlfriend out of their seats, shouting: "get out of our seats, these are our seats!" repeatedly. F'd up pieces of ****. It got to the point where I had to threaten them with and asskicking in order for them to stfu.

But back to the subject at hand, because I want to hear your opinion on this question:
Is bringing an infant to a rock concert child abuse?

This morning my head is ringing from the loudness. I can't imagine what that poor child must be going through today. I'll bet he lost half his hearing last night. How can this be allowed to happen? How can people be so irresponisible? It's possible the sound from the drums could even effect the infant's heartbeat.

I've always wondered why there's so many screwed up people in this world. Now I know how they get that way. From having "parents" like the ones I mentioned. They never had a chance.

What's your opinion on this type of behavior from "parents?"

Conjuration

Do you live in Winnipeg? I was there too.And yes, they can't handle the noise.

Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
It does seem very reckless to take your child to a rock concert... I'd say it is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 avatar_genius
Member since 2009 • 8056 Posts

Yes, people should learn to find a babysitter, there's no excuse to do that to your kids eardrums if you love them.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Conjuration

ice_rootbeer

Yep, I live in Winnipeg. I was on the floor. Gotta say, it was a great show but it would have been 5 times better if they hadn't put chairs on the floor. How you supposed to have any fun with chairs on the floor? All sectioned off and swarming with security. $115 to get treated like a caged animal. I think my concert days are drawing to a close.

ice_rootbeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ice_rootbeer

[QUOTE="ice_rootbeer"]

Conjuration

Yep, I live in Winnipeg. I was on the floor. Gotta say, it was a great show but it would have been 5 times better if they hadn't put chairs on the floor. How you supposed to have any fun with chairs on the floor? All sectioned off and swarming with security. $115 to get treated like a caged animal. I think my concert days are drawing to a close.

It was pretty good. But it's a football stadium, what else do they put on the floor?

EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

No, it's not.

Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#8 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
Damn, I tried really hard to get AC/DC tickets, and couldn't get them. Anyways, yes that is really stupid to bring a young child, especially an infant, to a concert.
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Conjuration

[QUOTE="Conjuration"]

[QUOTE="ice_rootbeer"]

ice_rootbeer

It was pretty good. But it's a football stadium, what else do they put on the floor?

How about nothing being put on the floor. General Admission is the way to go. Nobody has fun when there's chairs on the floor.
That's what killed the Ozzy/Rob Zombie concert.
I've noticed alot more bands putting chairs on the floor. Chairs=Lame time had by all. It defeats the point of paying all that extra dough for a floor ticket. We'd have rather been in the stands.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Conjuration

No, it's not.

EMOEVOLUTION

I'd love to hear you back that statement up.

flamesrule12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 flamesrule12
Member since 2008 • 735 Posts

[QUOTE="ice_rootbeer"]

[QUOTE="Conjuration"]

Conjuration

How about nothing being put on the floor. General Admission is the way to go. Nobody has fun when there's chairs on the floor.
That's what killed the Ozzy/Rob Zombie concert.
I've noticed alot more bands putting chairs on the floor. Chairs=Lame time had by all. It defeats the point of paying all that extra dough for a floor ticket. We'd have rather been in the stands.

They were trying to pack as many people in as possible. I didn't go, but one of my friends went. And to your question earlier, yes.

Avatar image for bean-with-bacon
bean-with-bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bean-with-bacon
Member since 2008 • 2134 Posts
Depends who's playing :P
Denny_Carmassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#13 Denny_Carmassi
Member since 2005 • 3003 Posts

As long as they're wearing ear protection, I don't see a problem with it, particularly if it's an Open Air gig/festival, where you can move away if it's too loud

tester962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 tester962
Member since 2004 • 2881 Posts
Yes it is. The loud music is far to harsh on their ears. Let alone random mosh pits forming and things being thrown, etc etc
Jfisch93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 Jfisch93
Member since 2008 • 3557 Posts

Definetly. Concerts are usually full of smoke, booze, and the loud music can really damage your ears.

Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts

Yes for one its illegal isnt it and two the concert will likly deffen then child.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#17 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
[QUOTE="Conjuration"]

[QUOTE="EMOEVOLUTION"]

No, it's not.

Because bringing your child to a loud music concert isn't abuse :|. Stupid, yes, but not abuse.
Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts
[QUOTE="Wilfred_Owen"][QUOTE="Conjuration"]

[QUOTE="EMOEVOLUTION"]

No, it's not.

Because bringing your child to a loud music concert isn't abuse :|. Stupid, yes, but not abuse.

It totally is when you deffen the baby.
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Conjuration

As long as they're wearing ear protection, I don't see a problem with it, particularly if it's an Open Air gig/festival, where you can move away if it's too loud

Denny_Carmassi

The cases I'm speaking of are the ones with no hearing protection.
I this particular case (and every other case I've seen) no hearing protection is provided for the infants, and the parents don't move away from the speakers, outside or not.
Good points you raised.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Conjuration

Yes it is. The loud music is far to harsh on their ears. Let alone random mosh pits forming and things being thrown, etc etctester962

Not to mention the constant waves of marijuana smoke wafting into the infants lungs.
I'm talking babys here.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Conjuration

[QUOTE="Conjuration"]

[QUOTE="EMOEVOLUTION"]

No, it's not.

Wilfred_Owen

? Have you ever been to a concert in your life?

waffle57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 waffle57
Member since 2008 • 1307 Posts
I saw these two middle aged ladies with their infants cheering at A Day To Remember concert. I remember pointing them out to my friend and going WTF.
Denny_Carmassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#23 Denny_Carmassi
Member since 2005 • 3003 Posts

[QUOTE="Denny_Carmassi"]

Conjuration

The cases I'm speaking of are the ones with no hearing protection.
I this particular case (and every other case I've seen) no hearing protection is provided for the infants, and the parents don't move away from the speakers, outside or not.
Good points you raised.

I must say, the only babies I've ever seen have been at 3 day open air festivals, and the babies have been given probably more ear protection than was needed and have also been given alternate methods of entertainment while the bands were on, and these parents were sitting in chairs at the very back of the crowd. But I've never witnessed a baby in an indoor concert, but some of the venues where I attend have such loud speakers for confined spaces, it damages my ears, never mind a 2 month old child. So obviously, I would oppose the notion for indoor gigs.

darkguy_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 darkguy_101
Member since 2008 • 744 Posts

I have no problem with kids 12 and up on rock conerts. However some of them can get a litle annoying and if you plan to headbang or mosh you need to be carefull with him.

drumbreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 drumbreak1
Member since 2008 • 1316 Posts

a light form of it depends on the situation, granted it's not real beating your child, child abuse.

S3XYT1M3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 S3XYT1M3
Member since 2009 • 834 Posts

it not a good idea to bring a child to a rock concert but i don't believe its child abuse either its not like they were purposely trying to hurt it or beat it

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Taking a young child or baby to a rock concert is a terrible idea...
jessmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 jessmaster13
Member since 2009 • 3170 Posts

I dont know if it counts as child abuse but yea that is a very irresponsible thing to do. They're developing eardrums could not possibly handle that extreme level of noise. I have also heard that if you are too close to a very loud speaker your lung can collapse.

NinjaDuckling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NinjaDuckling
Member since 2009 • 965 Posts
ITT taking yourself to a concert is abuse...to yourself.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
It's bad parenting, but not child abuse.
ice_rootbeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ice_rootbeer

ITT taking yourself to a concert is abuse...to yourself.NinjaDuckling
...How?:?

nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts
no, its never too soon to get your kids used to good music. bring them to rock / metal concerts now, and reduce the chances of them liking punk / hip hop / rap later in life. now bringing them to a thrash / death concert would be abuse, seeing as the kid would die from moshing
NinjaDuckling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NinjaDuckling
Member since 2009 • 965 Posts

[QUOTE="NinjaDuckling"]ITT taking yourself to a concert is abuse...to yourself.ice_rootbeer

...How?:?

Personally, I hate music that gets too loud, I start to get a headache. =p
Gigagamer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 Gigagamer2
Member since 2004 • 2149 Posts

its inappropriate, even if you are sitting, and if the parents dont give them ear protection, then i would say that is classed as abuse through negligence. If its a long weekend, then yes i accept that they might want to bring their young child with them, but as another user said, sitting towards the back sensibly only.

I went to a concert in a football stadium recently, and the standing was not a place for children under 12 anyway, not from the Front of House onwards. Even seated wouldnt be good for infants, and yes it was very loud.

akl712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 akl712
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

Simple. The parents are idiots.

spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

only if your throwing them into mosh pits

imo let the babies rock out;)

MasterBolt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#37 MasterBolt360
Member since 2009 • 5293 Posts

Taking a young child or baby to a rock concert is a terrible idea...chessmaster1989
For ONCE, I agree with you. All the things you experience at a rock concert are NOT for babies. It could deafen the poor thing's ears.

Bloodaxe726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bloodaxe726
Member since 2007 • 7903 Posts

I wouldn't say it's actually abuse, but it is incredibly stupid.

tzar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 tzar3
Member since 2006 • 12393 Posts

no, its never too soon to get your kids used to good music. bring them to rock / metal concerts now, and reduce the chances of them liking punk / hip hop / rap later in life. now bringing them to a thrash / death concert would be abuse, seeing as the kid would die from moshing nimatoad2000

Whats wrong with Punk music? :(

Proobie44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Proobie44
Member since 2006 • 5663 Posts

Wow, talk about a pair of cheap parents. Really? they couldn't call a family member or friend to babysit?

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Yes due to two reasons. 1. A infants ears is very sensitive and still is developing itself internally, getting loud music pounded into their ears for two hours or more isn't a good thing. 2. Concerts usually means large crowds and, unless it's held a place with seats for everybody, there will be dancing. Having your child in the middle of a crowd focusing on the music and swinging their arms about is a good way for the child to either get hit by someone or you could drop it and someone tramples over it while dancing. Surely it can't be that hard to get a babysitter.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

it not a good idea to bring a child to a rock concert but i don't believe its child abuse either its not like they were purposely trying to hurt it or beat it

S3XYT1M3

Indirectly causing the abuse through irresponsible actions is still child abuse. For example, if you give the kid a fork and he sticks into an unprotected socket, you're responsible for his damage whether you meant for it to happen or no.

And yes, taking infants to concerts is abuse; children simply can not handle that much noise. It physically hurts them and is no different from beating their heads against a wall.

nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts

[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"]no, its never too soon to get your kids used to good music. bring them to rock / metal concerts now, and reduce the chances of them liking punk / hip hop / rap later in life. now bringing them to a thrash / death concert would be abuse, seeing as the kid would die from moshing tzar3

Whats wrong with Punk music? :(

uh.. most of it, minus a few bands ( the originals like mc5, clash, exc..) are just unskiled rly, hardcore punk to me is thrash metal with the skill taken out, and then punk includes the two worst subgenre's of any genre : emo and screamo
CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#44 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
They shouldn't let infants in to rock concerts because of their potential to ruin the experience for everyone else with their screaming.
Omega_Zero69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Omega_Zero69
Member since 2006 • 13668 Posts
not child abuse i mean i would take my child to a slayer concert in the future :P
BlackHawk340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BlackHawk340
Member since 2006 • 4418 Posts

It could damage they hearing, so yeah kinda...

atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
I wouldn't do it.
WushuFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 WushuFighter
Member since 2007 • 1837 Posts

No, it is not abuse. Although it is very hard on the babie's ears and will probably create severe implications later on, there is no law scripture that says it's abuse.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
that is quite irresponsible..
ZookGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 ZookGuy
Member since 2008 • 2340 Posts
It shouldn't be child abuse, it's just stupid.