Boston Bomber Sentenced to Death

• 158 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bender0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Bender0007
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:
@bender0007 said:
@BattleSpectre said:

@rabakill: Good thing I live in Australia. xD

Spiders are a lot scarier than Boston.

You're not wrong, there's one thing that can make a young male adult (me) scream like a little girl, and that's spiders... whether they are big or small I run lol.

I developed a fear of spiders after reading The Far Side.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@bender0007: I shall not read it then xD.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@davillain- said:

@sSubZerOo: We all know what he did so why shouldn't we kill him?

He's a very young man, making him live the rest of his life under the strictest system possible seems like it could be more punishment than being put to sleep, you put dogs to sleep to relieve pain.

I agree. Solitary confinement is a punishment worse than death.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@rabakill said:

The truth is he was recruited by the CIA as an anti-terrorism unit with his brother, he was hired as a patsy thinking he was doing good. Given a backpack to study the safety measures of the Boston marathon. Similar to other American terrorism incidents (Oklahoma city, JFK etc.). This logic is perfectly explained in the movie Sniper with Mark Wahlberg where he's used as a patsy.

You think it's a fucking coincidence they murdered his brother and slit his vocal cords so he couldn't talk? How many of you have actually seen him talk and heard what he has to say? He's not exactly innocent, but he's not your enemy.

Problem

Reaction

Solution

is the game you've all been duped into.

This is so crazy, it's borderline hilarious.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@nothingformoney said:

Force him to eat bacons first huehuehue

He'll die a happy man. I don't care what some lunatic book says, he's gonna love that shit.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

A punishment fitting of the crime.

On the putative high costs of death penalty cases, justice isn't about the "taxpayers' money". A quick research revealed that death penalty cases cost more because of more resources being invested, which is unsettling since what this proposes is that the justice system will operate in full capacity and take every precaution only when its your life at stake; otherwise, the process won't be as scrupulous and deliberate. Personally I'd like to have the same trust in the justice system no matter what penalty awaits me.

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 rabakill
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

@n64dd said:
@rabakill said:

The truth is he was recruited by the CIA as an anti-terrorism unit with his brother, he was hired as a patsy thinking he was doing good. Given a backpack to study the safety measures of the Boston marathon. Similar to other American terrorism incidents (Oklahoma city, JFK etc.). This logic is perfectly explained in the movie Sniper with Mark Wahlberg where he's used as a patsy.

You think it's a fucking coincidence they murdered his brother and slit his vocal cords so he couldn't talk? How many of you have actually seen him talk and heard what he has to say? He's not exactly innocent, but he's not your enemy.

Problem

Reaction

Solution

It is fucking crazy isn't it? I didn't make it up, and it's most likely true. It's the way the pieces fit most logically. The story of patsies being used is not new and has been around for decades, it's an effective method of misdirection.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@Toxic-Seahorse: exactly , people seem not to understand of the purpose of ideals and laws. They are not tested by easy cases, they are tested by the hardest cases. Like this one. Even if we are supposedly certain, it doesn't fucking matter. He has the right to appeal like we all do.. And using his victims in saying they didn't get a chance so neither should he, is Pathetic we are not him and we should not act like him. You guys make it sound like your being strong but actually being weak because your illustrating how individuals rights suddenly isn't important when it is inconvenient.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-59d151f079814

@gamerguru100: maybe because our nation values the very foundations of civil liberties and justice over petty revenge that won't change anything when he dies. The fact you guys are basically willing to destroy our civil liberties to watch this guy die is scary. These liberties cover everyone including this filth.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-59d151f079814

@thegerg: exactly you don't even need to go into any questions of ethics about the death penalty in saying why it has no place in the legal system. The only benefit I can think of is DA forcing a plea deal by taking the death penalty off the table.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178808 Posts

@thegerg said:
@sSubZerOo said:

@thegerg: exactly you don't even need to go into any questions of ethics about the death penalty in saying why it has no place in the legal system. The only benefit I can think of is DA forcing a plea deal by taking the death penalty off the table.

Yeah, ethics has nothing to do with it. In fact, i have no moral or ethical qualms with killing bad people. If I had a button on my desk right now that I could press that would kill all the worst people out there (rapists, murderers, etc.), I'd mask that motherfucker in a second.

However, this is the real world. We have legal, political, and logistical constraints that have turned our system of capital punishment into something extremely expensive and inefficient.

*sigh* Whether you agree with the death penalty or not...that IS an ethical issue.

Anyway I'm against the death penalty. State sanctioned killing because society doesn't condone killing (nor do I) is a hypocritical stance IMO.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 LJS9502_basic

@thegerg said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@thegerg said:

Yeah, ethics has nothing to do with it. In fact, i have no moral or ethical qualms with killing bad people. If I had a button on my desk right now that I could press that would kill all the worst people out there (rapists, murderers, etc.), I'd mask that motherfucker in a second.

However, this is the real world. We have legal, political, and logistical constraints that have turned our system of capital punishment into something extremely expensive and inefficient.

*sigh* Whether you agree with the death penalty or not...that IS an ethical issue.

Anyway I'm against the death penalty. State sanctioned killing because society doesn't condone killing (nor do I) is a hypocritical stance IMO.

Oh, it certainly is an ethical issue, no one is arguing that. I'm simply pointing out that notions of ethics and morality are, by their nature, subjective. People can argue all day about whether capital punishment is right or wrong, but no one would ever be able to prove that they;re right. My opposition to capital punishment is based in the facts that it's extremely expensive and doesn't act to reduce violent crime, things that can be proven.

"State sanctioned killing because society doesn't condone killing (nor do I) is a hypocritical stance IMO"

I've always found this justification (the state shouldn't do X because the state says X is wrong) interesting and strangely selective.

Bolded your contradictory stance above for you.

As for your last sentence.....if one says life is not to be denied then it IS hypocritical to say but we can take yours if we deem it unworthy.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 LJS9502_basic

@thegerg said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Bolded your contradictory stance above for you.

As for your last sentence.....if one says life is not to be denied then it IS hypocritical to say but we can take yours if we deem it unworthy.

Oh, I see your confusion. The "it" to which I was referring is my opposition to capital punishment, not capital punishment itself.

"if one says life is not to be denied then it IS hypocritical to say but we can take yours if we deem it unworthy."

Again, I find this kind of justification interesting and strangely selective. People ALSO say that liberty is not to be denied, yet very few of them hold opposition to incarceration of convicted criminals.

Ah I see why you are confused...you are making assumptions.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36038 Posts

The blood lust is strong in this thread. The price of forgiveness is just too high I suppose.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:

@gamerguru100: maybe because our nation values the very foundations of civil liberties and justice over petty revenge that won't change anything when he dies. The fact you guys are basically willing to destroy our civil liberties to watch this guy die is scary. These liberties cover everyone including this filth.

Petty revenge? The dude took part in an act that killed three people, injured around 150 people, some critically, and caused a lot of damage and chaos. His intent was clearly terrorism, since he set off a bomb in a crowded area in an attempt to kill and injure as many people as possible. Why the **** should we be soft on him when he clearly gives zero fucks about human life?

Not to mention keeping him in prison will cost taxpayers a lot of money, and so will a lethal injection in the case of the death penalty. A bullet to the head is cheap and effective. Whatever happens to him though, justice will be served as long as he never sees the light of day again.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 gamerguru100

@Serraph105 said:

The blood lust is strong in this thread. The price of forgiveness is just too high I suppose.

Considering what he did, I'd day so. He fully knew what he was doing and did it. Why should we forgive this guy? Why should we forgive terrorists? You know, the people who murder over religion, political ideology, nationality, and other crap that doesn't justify murder.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 gamerguru100

@thegerg said:
@gamerguru100 said:
@sSubZerOo said:

Petty revenge? The dude took part in an act that killed three people, injured around 150 people, some critically, and caused a lot of damage and chaos. His intent was clearly terrorism, since he set off a bomb in a crowded area in an attempt to kill and injure as many people as possible. Why the **** should we be soft on him when he clearly gives zero fucks about human life?

Not to mention keeping him in prison will cost taxpayers a lot of money, and so will a lethal injection in the case of the death penalty. A bullet to the head is cheap and effective. Whatever happens to him though, justice will be served as long as he never sees the light of day again.

"Not to mention keeping him in prison will cost taxpayers a lot of money, and so will a lethal injection in the case of the death penalty."

No. Lethal injection is a very cheap part of the whole process. Whether the execution method is lethal injection, a bullet to the head, or anything else, the capital punishment system in the US is expensive.

Damn.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#75 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I am not seeing the reliability in this decision.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#76  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19375 Posts
@lamprey263 said:

his mom needs to be kidnapped and dropped off on US soil and charged for her role in getting her kids radicalized

Have you gone insane?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36038 Posts

@gamerguru100 said:
@Serraph105 said:

Considering what he did, I'd day so. He fully knew what he was doing and did it. Why should we forgive this guy? Why should we forgive terrorists? You know, the people who murder over religion, political ideology, nationality, and other crap that doesn't justify murder.

It's not exactly forgiveness to give life sentences in jail, but at least they can be useful there. Not to mention less expensive.

I just have to wonder how many people are for this death sentence that also call themselves Christian.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#79 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3850 Posts

@rabakill: Where is the evidence the CIA recruited him?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By branketra

@thegerg said:
@BranKetra said:

I am not seeing the reliability in this decision.

Reliability? Can you expand on what you mean?

I am talking about the reliability or soundness of capital punishment or retributive justice as a worthwhile process to solve societal issues which I do not think there is any with alternative practices known.

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By rabakill
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

@JimB: Would any evidence appease you or is your mind made up? I am hesitant because the statement where is the evidence is often followed by ad hominem rhetoric and understanding of the events requires actual logical thought with synthesis of multiple factors.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#82 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@richietickles said:
@sSubZerOo said:

Waste of time and tax dollars.. Should have just given him multiple life sentences without parole.

Pretty sure him living to 98 will cost more than killing him in 30 years.

The police should have killed him two years ago when the had him cornered and saved even more $

You would be surprised at how much money the US justice system wastes on death penalty appeals. In fact, it's been proven many times that it does in fact cost more to put someone to death than keep them imprisoned for life. By a lot.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@JimB said:

@rabakill: Where is the evidence the CIA recruited him?

It was the YouTube video with the spooky music. Same playlist that had the 9/11 attacks being an inside job and Sandy Hook being a setup to gain support for repealing the Second Amendment.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Still don't believe it was him and this is just an escape goat, I believe he has been made to say everything, the lad has no criminal history, still think it was a scare tactic from the government to keep up the hate on terrorism within America as your media loves to keep most scared of everything.

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

The USA is one of the only developed first-world countries to still have capital punishment. Yet Canada, France and the Scandinavian countries have lower crime rates.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@rabakill: You're funny and you just crossed over from conspiracy theorist to keyboard warrior.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#89 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

If Osama Bin Laden or Adolf Hitler were captured instead of killed or suicide, would you guys want them to get the same rights?

Another scenario question: Those against the death penalty, would you shoot to kill someone if you had the chance while seeing someone committing acts of terrorism or mass shootings?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#90 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I think the deal with the death penalty is that people want to see justice served. They don't want to see a person responsible with taking so many lives still living, breathing and eating. Even if it's more expensive to put them to death, they want to see them put to death to obtain closure. I'd know that if someone killed someone I loved, I would want them dead. Call it revenge, but I call it fairness.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#91 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Feel they really dropped the ball on this one. Thought they could have sent a powerful message by sparing his life but giving him life in prison, but instead, we show we just value killing people.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@rabakill said:

@JimB: Would any evidence appease you or is your mind made up? I am hesitant because the statement where is the evidence is often followed by ad hominem rhetoric and understanding of the events requires actual logical thought with synthesis of multiple factors.

post your evidence or gtfo

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@rabakill said:
@n64dd said:
@rabakill said:

Problem

Reaction

Solution

It is fucking crazy isn't it? I didn't make it up, and it's most likely true. It's the way the pieces fit most logically. The story of patsies being used is not new and has been around for decades, it's an effective method of misdirection.

You're either a bad troll or batshit crazy.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By branketra

@Bigboi500 said:

If Osama Bin Laden or Adolf Hitler were captured instead of killed or suicide, would you guys want them to get the same rights?

Another scenario question: Those against the death penalty, would you shoot to kill someone if you had the chance while seeing someone committing acts of terrorism or mass shootings?

Since Osama Bin Laden and Adolf Hitler were not American citizens, they would be tried under international law, if anything, so their cases are different. Therefore, our rights do not apply to them.

Capital punishment and good Samaritan acts which is what you are talking about as far as non-law enforcement civilians living in the U.S. are also different enough in idea that the potential causes of death which would be either death penalty after a court proceeding or stopping violence as it is transpires are not really worth discussing as a response to the questions which you asked. That question is essentially:

• Is killing someone who commits a crime acceptable when emotions are strongly felt?

The question that would not be rhetorical, but relevant to this situation, that I think is the better one is whether or not retributive justice is the same as self-defense.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#96  Edited By RichieTickles
Member since 2014 • 424 Posts

@thegerg said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@thegerg said:

@richietickles: It won't, that's not how the US justice system works.

Because that would be too efficient, practical and save too much money.

Maybe because most people here find it more important that we don't execute innocent people (which we have numerous times in the past) instead of saving some money? Just a thought.

He's already been proven guilty beyond a reason of doubt, so what's the hold up? His rights have been upheld to the fullest. He did the crime, got caught, exorcized his rights, was found guilty in a court of law by a group of his peers. Now there's no reason to dick around for twenty years and let him live off of tax payer money while he appeals and re-appeals and re-re-appeals, again, all at the tax payers expense.

Execute him and get it over with. Think of what all that wasted money could do for people and infrastructure of the US instead of being caught up in the legal system and going to the pockets of the already filthy rich.

If you agree with the US's justice system, you have to accept the verdict from the process of it and comply with the results.

His victims never received this much consideration or civil treatment.

"He's already been proven guilty beyond a reason of doubt,"

He's been proven guilty beyond what? Haha. Listen, it's quite clear that you have a very limited understanding of the American legal system.

The fact of the matter is that the death penalty costs more than life imprisonment, it doesn't act to reduce crime more than life imprisonment, and we know that we've wrongfully executed people before. We can discuss all day about whether capital punishment is right or wrong, but pragmatically it doesn't make sense.

If the only sense that the death penalty makes is to give some amount of satisfaction to the families of those killed or the people whose legs were blown off, then that's all the justification needed.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By branketra

@richietickles said:

If the only sense that the death penalty makes is to give some amount of satisfaction to the families of those killed or the people whose legs were blown off, then that's all the justification needed.

If satisfaction is all that people need for justice then is sex justice? How about drug use? For that matter, how about anything that gives satisfaction from video games to someone's perception of satisfaction which may differ from that of another person?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By branketra

@thegerg said:

@BranKetra: I had a delicious sandwich for lunch. Such satisfaction, much justice.

By that logic, the satisfaction that a rapist feels when dominating his or her victim is justice.

It is not reliable.