BLM and LGBTQ+ Toronto made deal, no more LGBTQ+ Police officers in pride parade

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

then when something happens whos the first person they will call for help

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@jak42 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@perfect_blue: Is he not free to participate out of uniform? That's what he should have been doing. When you wear a uniform you represent something other than yourself.

The police were authorized to march in that parade by the government and Pride Toronto. There wasn't anything illegal or against department policies for Canadian cops to simply be in uniform during that parade. Just because you feel a certain way, doesn't mean someone did something wrong.

And as someone who has marched and worked in a number of parades, while wearing a police uniform. I can say there's hardly anything political about parades in general. After watching many parades in person. Parades are more so a showcase of talent and product/brand promotion, with people just trying have a good time; than actual politics. If anyone is going to ramble on politics on such a day. It would likely be done at a festival/event after a parade. Hell the actual politicians who do march in parades, just wave and greet the crowds. As parades in motion, are truly not an environment that caters to political speeches.

Most governments however....don't use their image to project an ideology. And they shouldn't.

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: I do agree that things like officially modifying department logos and vehicles in gay colors or such shouldn't be done. And that does conflict with many department policies with using the logo to promote a political, business, or social movement.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@jak42 said:

@jun_aka_pekto: Among the many parades my unit marched in, include a pride parade. And some others that include a specific minority ethnicity.

I'm withholding further details to not disclose, or give away my workplace on a public forum. But I will say the pride parade is something my supervisor likes to assign us to do. Because we are treated with respect by the local LGBT community.

We have a city/county pride day which is officially for everyone and not a particular group. I think the local cops are allowed to actively participate. If BLM chooses to participate (I'm not sure if we even have a chapter here), they can't tell the cops to beat it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@jak42 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@perfect_blue: Is he not free to participate out of uniform? That's what he should have been doing. When you wear a uniform you represent something other than yourself.

The police were authorized to march in that parade by the government and Pride Toronto. There wasn't anything illegal or against department policies for Canadian cops to simply be in uniform during that parade. Just because you feel a certain way, doesn't mean someone did something wrong.

And as someone who has marched and worked in a number of parades, while wearing a police uniform. I can say there's hardly anything political about parades in general. After watching many parades in person. Parades are more so a showcase of talent and product/brand promotion, with people just trying have a good time; than actual politics. If anyone is going to ramble on politics on such a day. It would likely be done at a festival/event after a parade. Hell the actual politicians who do march in parades, just wave and greet the crowds. As parades in motion, are truly not an environment that caters to political speeches.

Most governments however....don't use their image to project an ideology. And they shouldn't.

The ideology that... gay people exist?

Also projecting ideologies is kinda what governments do, some may say its their sole purpose.

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#56  Edited By CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

@perfect_blue said:

Very disappointed in this, the cops taking part in the Pride parade is always awesome to see. Just so unnecessary and solves nothing.

The police had being taking part in the pride festivals since their foundation. I truly hate BLM with a passion. The BLM are nothing more then attention seekers noticed how quiet they are now?

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#57 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@DerekLoffin said:

Except that wasn't how or why the decision was made. There is nothing really overly political about Pride other than 'hey we exist and we're proud of it!' which yeah, some might consider political, but if we really consider such is rather silly.

It was not city or other government officials saying 'nope, can't have you there.' It wasn't the Pride group saying 'maybe we shouldn't imply support from the Police.' Instead the decision was made by the Pride group based on demands from BLM to exclude them which frankly was purely based in divisiveness.

Even the perception of taking sides is enough as it looks like from the BLM's viewpoint. The only foolproof way is to remove the "police symbol" from the gathering.

Pride will have to comply if they want to accommodate the BLM. Otherwise, each side will end up going their separate ways.

there're no 'sides' frankly, it's big gay street party

there's not much of a bad relationship between the police and citizens of toronto, but some libs and internet activists want to act like there's problem because police have problems in southern usa.

it really is divisive and defeats the whole purpose of unity and solidarity between citizens and the police. BLM actually works against peace in this situation

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@supa_badman said:

there's not much of a bad relationship between the police and citizens of toronto, but some libs and internet activists want to act like there's problem because police have problems in southern usa.

it really is divisive and defeats the whole purpose of unity and solidarity between citizens and the police. BLM actually works against peace in this situation

Yes, there is. There's BLM's side. You have to assume many of the BLM folks also live in Toronto.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#59 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Not sure what the issue is. It's a government agency, it should be neutral/non-representative.

Also, why drag your job into it?

*lol drag....

This.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#60 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@supa_badman said:

Yes, there is. There's BLM's side. You have to assume many of the BLM folks also live in Toronto.

there are a few, yeah

but they are counter-productive to a city that has no large outstanding race issue plaguing it

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#61 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

That's because BLM goal is to divide, not unite. They grow by fear mongering; it is like a cancer driven by charlatans.

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

#FuckBLM

Are you being serious about this or no?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@smashed_pinata said:
@foxhound_fox said:

#FuckBLM

Absolutely serious. I was a part of the first ever Steinbach Pride Parade with a very close friend of mine who grew up in the community, and the RCMP were an integral part of making the march possible. Not allowing police involvement is ridiculous, and caving into the demands of what essentially has amounted to a bunch of hooligans is even more ridiculous.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#64 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:
@smashed_pinata said:
@foxhound_fox said:

#FuckBLM

Absolutely serious. I was a part of the first ever Steinbach Pride Parade with a very close friend of mine who grew up in the community, and the RCMP were an integral part of making the march possible. Not allowing police involvement is ridiculous, and caving into the demands of what essentially has amounted to a bunch of hooligans is even more ridiculous.

Yep! This BLM group in Toronto are racist themselves, they don't have anything to fight for, but to virtue signaling like they're doing something right. Also, the leader of the Toronto chapter has been exposed for wanting to kill white people.

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By smashed_pinata

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@smashed_pinata said:
@foxhound_fox said:

#FuckBLM

Yep! This BLM group in Toronto are racist themselves, they don't have anything to fight for, but to virtue signaling like they're doing something right. Also, the leader of the Toronto chapter has been exposed for wanting to kill white people.

That's horrible.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@smashed_pinata said:

That's horrible.

And this is why doing all the research you can and not just accepting something posted on the internet as truth before jumping to a conclusion about someone/something. Fake news is becoming a growing epidemic.

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By smashed_pinata

@foxhound_fox said:
@smashed_pinata said:

That's horrible.

And this is why doing all the research you can and not just accepting something posted on the internet as truth before jumping to a conclusion about someone/something. Fake news is becoming a growing epidemic.

I agree with you there.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@smashed_pinata said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@smashed_pinata said:

That's horrible.

I agree with you there.

BLM is getting worst even in the States

Loading Video...

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#69 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@smashed_pinata said:
@foxhound_fox said:

I agree with you there.

BLM is getting worst even in the States

And that is why I will NEVER support BLM. I try my best to steer away from the subject among peers in real life...