Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 13176 Posts

Well this sucks

The animated comedy will not return to Fox for a third season, TVLine has learned.

That said, Fox will continue to air the show’s second season in its entirety; the series finale is expected to air in May.

Created by Emily Spivey (Saturday Night Live), the show follows the day-to-day exploits of a working-class family — single mom Jenny, along with her daughter, boyfriend and mother — in North Carolina.

Bless the Harts‘ voice cast includes Kristen Wiig (SNL) as Jenny Hart, Maya Rudolph (Big Mouth) as Jenny’s mom Betty, Jillian Bell (Workaholics) as Jenny’s daughter Violet, Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) as Jenny’s boyfriend Wayne Edwards, Fortune Feimster (Kenan) as Jenny’s co-worker Brenda Clemmons, and Kumail Nanjiani (Silcon Valley) as Jesus Christ.

The show took place in the same universe as King of the Hill and is the closest we'll probably get to a continuation. Shame it was canceled, I thought it was very good.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 13339 Posts

Never heard of it until now. That sucks.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 50220 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

Well this sucks

The show took place in the same universe as King of the Hill and is the closest we'll probably get to a continuation. Shame it was canceled, I thought it was very good.

Damn, wish I knew that.

King of the Hill is probably one of my favorite "sitcom-like" animated series of all time, and that's saying a lot because I really like a lot of animated series.

Maybe I can find it online somewhere and watch it.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16064 Posts

@mrbojangles25: The show didn't have the same heart that King of the Hill did. And the only relation that connects the two shows is that Mega-Lo Mart is featured in the show, that was it.

Overall, it was... okay. If you're interested, it's still available to watch on Hulu.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@mrbojangles25: The show didn't have the same heart that King of the Hill did. And the only relation that connects the two shows is that Mega-Lo Mart is featured in the show, that was it.

Overall, it was... okay. If you're interested, it's still available to watch on Hulu.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 13176 Posts

I think it was still pretty good and it was nice to have a show that evokes some of the same character humor that KotH had, even if it didn't have the same depth. But I liked where they were going with the main characters and I thought it had a lot of promise. Hopefully it can get picked up somewhere else.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@girlusocrazy: The show wasn't bad. maybe it may have found its sweet spot if it had a third season, but looking at its ratings, I guess FOX couldn't justify a renewal it if no one was watching it. As far as coming back on a new network, all of the broadcast & cable stations had their annual upfront a few weeks ago--if they haven't announced it there, then I think it's truly done.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 50220 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

Bummer.

I remember seeing previews and immediately getting turned off by the fake southern accents from those SNL folks.