Black Panther is the highest rated superhero movie ever?

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By LoganX77
Member since 2017 • 1050 Posts

Just curious peoples thoughts on this. Rotten tomatoes censored all negative reviews ( they deemed as hate speech). Not one professional review has given it a negative score on metacritic out of 55 reviews( i dont think ive ever seen this). Is the movie really perfect? Or do critics just love the pandering?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8360 Posts

Think before you make stupid race inflamed myths.

Rottentomatoes is NOT censoring negative reviews. Black Panther currently has 9 negative reviews on their database.

Now if you're talking about the community reviews, of course they should remove all the troll reviews being committed by the same trolls that brought down IMDB. These people are completely worthless and disingenuous to use a review source to spread pompous bullshit to skew an otherwise legitimate platform for movie reviews.

You're going to start seeing these websites doing a whole lot more of it in the future, because internet trolls had to ruin it for everyone.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

I'm just grateful Black Panther happened. Aside from Tyler Perry movies we don't typically get fantasy type movies with majority or an all black cast. Makes me wanna see Asian movies branch out into other genre besides martial arts movies. I hope I don't offend but thanks to movies and TV shows over the years it's hard for me to visualize my own race in fantasy roles when those roles have mostly been played by white people.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

Hey some background Im African Like born in the motherland Africa and its ok, Its not perfect but it has its moments.

Pros

• The setting is nothing like anything in the MCU
  • Everyone brings their A game as far as acting
  • Its not preachy ( I was very very afraid of this)
  • Best villain in the MCU ( lol which isn't saying much but I really liked him)
  • Not as jokey as other MCU its winter solider level of seriousness

Cons

• It sooo predictable like pretty much every marvel movie at this point
  • The action is fine but again its predictable because the MCU has a formula and they stick with it
  • Some "mass effect Andromeda" Janky CGI in some but not all places especially the final fight between the 2 protags ( its the youtube clip playing the rounds if you want to see)
  • Not as jokey as other MCU its winter solider level of seriousness

Its ok bro I would put it on the same level as Dr Strange and maybe Thor Raknorok

FYI my Fav MCU movie is Winter Solider

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 musalala

@Celsius765 said:

I'm just grateful Black Panther happened. Aside from Tyler Perry movies we don't typically get fantasy type movies with majority or an all black cast. Makes me wanna see Asian movies branch out into other genre besides martial arts movies. I hope I don't offend but thanks to movies and TV shows over the years it's hard for me to visualize my own race in fantasy roles when those roles have mostly been played by white people.

LOL when I read fantasy and Sci-Fi I make everyone black, in my mind everyone in the Lord of the rings , Wheel of time, Dune, Malazan is black

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LoganX77

@Baconstrip78: I just asked a question and you seem to have been triggered beyond all belief. So your solution for an open discussion is silence anyone who you disagree with? And you call me the butthurt pussy?

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Black Panther is a great superhero movie, it is also a better movie. So well connected, and coherent. All the characters make sense and contribute to the plot. There is surprise and subversion. Ryan Coogler is a fantastic director, and Michael B. Jordan is still amazing.

Black Panther is also the first Marvel movie that I could see being nominated for the Best Original Score Oscar.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LoganX77

@jaydan: Its not a race inflamed myth its a fact. What is the criteria to consider a review hate speech? And metacritic does not have 1 negative profesional review.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By musalala

@R3FURBISHED: "There is surprise and subversion"-

I agree with most of what you said except this its so predictable the setting and themes save it but the overall story is MCU level generic

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1851 Posts

@loganx77: You sound triggered by a movie. Sorry the big black men make you feel inferior.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@Celsius765 said:

The very fact that you said "I hope I don't offend" in the context of your comment is actually very telling of how pathetic social stigma's have evolved to the point where you're walking on melted glass shards just to say thanks for racial biased movies.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LoganX77

@Baconstrip78: Lol errr no thats not it. I just think it would be nice if critics did their job and called out obvious flaws like the CGI from 2005 or the ridicously predictable plot. Even if you liked the subject matter those should be issues of criticism as they would have been for every superhero movie.

And now your at your keybored foaming at the mouth in rage as you type back to me.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jaydan

@loganx77 said:

@jaydan: Its not a race inflamed myth its a fact. What is the criteria to consider a review hate speech? And metacritic does not have 1 negative profesional review.

There is no fact, it's just your bullshit. I invite you to link us all up to these "facts" you claim, but I know you won't. You completely just ignored what I said that there ARE negative professional reviews. If there were professional reviews that did tout racism, that would be a whole different story. There's no place for racism in a professional field, ever. If a professional critic did that, that's on them putting their own career's and reputation on the line.

Don't defend bullshitter's like that, and don't be a bullshitter yourself.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@musalala said:

@R3FURBISHED: "There is surprise and subversion"-

I agree with most of what you said except this its so predictable the setting and themes save it but the overall story is MCU level generic

I didn't expect Killmonger to kill Klaue, perhaps that was more apparent to everyone else, but not to me. I also thought the journey back to the 5th tribe in the mountains was phenomenal writing and plot development.

It is a superhero movie, so it does have typical cliches -- but I don't think a handful of cliches or superhero movie BS

like when the car is blown up with Shuri and Okoye fly through the air or just ride the chair basically ignoring physics and momentum

hurt this movie to any real extent

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#16  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19373 Posts

For audience ratings, CinemaScore is the industry standard. Black Panther got an A+ CinemaScore rating from audiences, one of only two superhero films to do so, along with The Avengers. The critics and audiences are in agreement with regards to Black Panther.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jaydan

@loganx77 said:

@Baconstrip78: Lol errr no thats not it. I just think it would be nice if critics did their job and called out obvious flaws like the CGI from 2005 or the ridicously predictable plot. Even if you liked the subject matter those should be issues of criticism as they would have been for every superhero movie.

And now your at your keybored foaming at the mouth in rage as you type back to me.

Now you are making pathetic backpedaling attempts to remove your racial stigma perpetrated by your original post, now you're saying "it would just be nice if they called out bad CGI and predictable plot." XD

Your cover is blown, there's no reason for your ass to keep pretending you're standing for any progressive cause.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LoganX77

@jaydan: Please tell me when in the **** did i say i stood for any progressive cause? Your reading comprehension is laughable. My point is even if you were inspired by the subject matter (never said i was). There is still valid criticism for the movie that many left out. And no there is not ONE negative professional review.

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/black-panther

A 63 is the lowest score and in terms of movie reviews thats still considered positive.

Its a simple question do you feel its the greatest superhero movie of all time? Can you answer that question without raging at your keybored? And if so why?

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LoganX77

@Jag85: Its audience score is a 73 is that an A+? Or is that just the score people come up after they interview people at the movies.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jaydan

@loganx77: My reading comprehension sees right through to your bullshit.

Posting me a link to an open Metacritic proves nothing more than your half-baked speculations. I asked you to link up the "facts" that you claim, not a direct link to Metacritic that does not support "they are removing negative reviews because it's hate speech."

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LoganX77

@jaydan: Can you not read the reviews? The Green means positive, yellow means mixed and red is negative. Black Panther is solid green. I never claimed they removed negative profesional reviews. I claimed not one professional review was negative. They removed negative user reviews they deemed as hate speech. So what is classified as hate speech? And how did not one pro critic give it a negative review?

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6939 Posts

@loganx77 said:

@jaydan: Please tell me when in the **** did i say i stood for any progressive cause? Your reading comprehension is laughable. My point is even if you were inspired by the subject matter (never said i was). There is still valid criticism for the movie that many left out. And no there is not ONE negative professional review.

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/black-panther

A 63 is the lowest score and in terms of movie reviews thats still considered positive.

Its a simple question do you feel its the greatest superhero movie of all time? Can you answer that question without raging at your keybored? And if so why?

Metacritic? For movies? LMAO.

Go to rottentomatoes where it has an excellent overall rating, far more reviews, negative reviews from professional critics, and negative reviews from professional critics classified in the Top Critic category. Just because you found something that weakly supports your narrative does not make your narrative correct. Also, if you actually read reviews instead of just numbers you will find many include points of criticism while still rating the movie well....as is the case in general for movies.

Perhaps you should make a clear point about the parts of the movie you didn't like and why, instead of hiding behind a spurious argument about metacritic scores.

Edit: Just realized your OP referenced rotten tomatoes. You are a fraud ffs.

Edit 2: Just realized your OP question on whether the movie is actually perfect is probably NOT rhetorical. Meaning you have probably not actually seen the movie. You are a piece of work.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Celsius765

@pimphand_gamer: A lot of movies are racially biased. That is why typically there's usually only 1-2 non white characters in movies (1-3 if we're lucky). But in all my years Black Panther is the first action movie with an all black cast. I'm tired of the black movies only being dramas, comedies, or history movies.(is it ok to put a bit of blame on black content creators for not branching out). I'm not praising biased I'm praising them taking on another genre and hope they keep trying to make all sorts of movies.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jag85

@loganx77 said:

@Jag85: Its audience score is a 73 is that an A+? Or is that just the score people come up after they interview people at the movies.

Where did you pull 73 from? Online IMDB/RT/MC user ratings? They're unreliable sources, as they can easily be bombarded by online trolls who've never watched the movie. CinemaScore is the industry standard for audience ratings. CinemaScore's A+ roughly means an audience rating greater than 90%.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LoganX77

@Jag85: 73 is RT user rating and RT censored supposed troll reviews.

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/02/rotten-tomatoes-will-censor-negative-hate-speech-reviews-black-panther/51050/

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Another great movie from marvel.

Cannot wait for infinity war.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

I'm just glad people of colour can finally watch a movie and be like... woah, that guy is like me. I just watched Mad Max and I was so stoked that he was white. I kept thinking how similar we were and how I could totally be that guy, you know.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#28 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

Another reason Why Disney should buy Warner Bros.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#29 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@loganx77 said:

Just curious peoples thoughts on this. Rotten tomatoes censored all negative reviews ( they deemed as hate speech). Not one professional review has given it a negative score on metacritic out of 55 reviews( i dont think ive ever seen this). Is the movie really perfect? Or do critics just love the pandering?

No idea, not seen it yet and I do not let a site like Rotten Tomatoes decide what I like or dislike.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Saw it yesterday, is a decent movie but the story was too predictable to make it something that really stood out for me.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55896 Posts

I gotta admit, Black Panther is nothing like any of those other Marvel Superhero movies, this one does it's own thing and the best part is, no other Marvel hero's weren't present in Black Panther. I really like the villain, he was on point and had a true motive what he wanted to accomplished and it doesn't matter what color you are, everyone should just shut up and have fun watching Black Panther.

Marvel is kicking ass with these superhero movies and now that Disney has the rights to Fox meaning the X-Men. If there's gonna be Black Panther 2 in the future, I do hope to see Storm in BP2 so her and the king can hook up with each other :)

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jag85

@loganx77 said:

@Jag85: 73 is RT user rating and RT censored supposed troll reviews.

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/02/rotten-tomatoes-will-censor-negative-hate-speech-reviews-black-panther/51050/

RT can only censor hate speech. They can't do anything about troll ratings from users who've never watched the movie.

Either way, IMDb/RT/MC user ratings are unreliable. The only widely accepted, industry standard, reliable audience rating is CinemaScore, which gave Black Panther an A+ rating.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LoganX77

@Jag85: Ahh ok. So only the people going on opening day are a reliable source. And anyone who dislikes the movie is a troll.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jag85

@loganx77 said:

@Jag85: Ahh ok. So only the people going on opening day are a reliable source. And anyone who dislikes the movie is a troll.

The RT user score you're referring to is from opening day.

It's not trollish to downrate a film after actually watching it and disliking it, but it is trollish to downrate a film before ever watching it. The majority of low ratings are most likely from such trolls, for which there is clear evidence:

An online hate group declared they would wage war against Black Panther's online user ratings before the film had ever released, establishing a clear motive. The film had already been bombarded with low RT/MC user ratings on opening day, contradicting the high opening-day audience ratings recorded by reliable source CinemaScore. It's safe to deduce that most of the low RT/MC user ratings on opening day are from trolls who never saw the film in theaters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee322a396e26
deactivated-5ee322a396e26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5ee322a396e26
Member since 2005 • 2510 Posts

@Baconstrip78: give the guy a break, maybe he still hasn’t realized that when it comes to anything black ,it can’t be questioned or criticized or the automatic race card is pulled

jorzorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jorzorz
Member since 2017 • 114 Posts

considering it will be social and career suicide to give it a bad review im not surprised about its high score. The SJW community has hyped it to hell and back and will attack anyone that does not like it. The studio is smart it really understands how to play people.

If you dont like it clearly you must be a racist and/or national socialist. If you think im overreacting just google it and you will see the media attacking reviewers.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LoganX77

@Jag85: The online "hate group" as you called it was banned from RT. My question is do you feel its the best super hero movie of all time or is it perhaps something else?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jag85

@loganx77:

RT can't ban any hate group. All they can do is remove reviews that contain hate speech. As long as the group's followers aren't dumb enough to post hate speech on RT, but simply post "this movie suxorz 0/10", then RT can't do anything about it, since that doesn't violate hate speech rules.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#40 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Jag85 said:

@loganx77:

RT can't ban any hate group. All they can do is remove reviews that contain hate speech. As long as the group's followers aren't dumb enough to post hate speech on RT, but simply post "this movie suxorz 0/10", then RT can't do anything about it, since that doesn't violate hate speech rules.

Why not just test it out.

Make an account, post This movie sucks 0/10 and see what happens.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LoganX77

@Jag85: Why dont you answer my question? Have you seen it and if so do you see it as the best superhero movie ever? Professional critics do and im asking is it because its that good? Or does hit all the SJW checkmarks?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jag85

@Jacanuk: Or you don't even need to post any review at all. You don't need to post a review just to rate a film. You can be silent, give it a 1/10 rating, and go. RT can't do jack about that.

@loganx77: Nope, haven't seen it yet.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@Celsius765 said:

@pimphand_gamer: A lot of movies are racially biased. That is why typically there's usually only 1-2 non white characters in movies (1-3 if we're lucky). But in all my years Black Panther is the first action movie with an all black cast. I'm tired of the black movies only being dramas, comedies, or history movies.(is it ok to put a bit of blame on black content creators for not branching out). I'm not praising biased I'm praising them taking on another genre and hope they keep trying to make all sorts of movies.

Not sure how long you have been around but there are lots of movies with an all black cast especially when you look at the old classic films. However doing so for the sake to make a social statement, for the intent purpose to seek a cast only looking at race is in fact racist. It's exactly what blacks have complained about regarding movies that sought only white people to cast and this is complete hypocrisy for a community to complain then only to turn around and do it yourself regardless of the reason, be it spite, to be cute or to make a statement. It's crying racist then performing an act of racism itself. This movie was done due to the current social climate and no other and is popular due to the hand from social media to get people to see it regardless but not to complain if they thought it sucked. If it came out in another era, it probably would have flopped anyway.

Balrogbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

#44 Balrogbane
Member since 2014 • 1051 Posts

Over all I thought it was a good movie but not Marvel's best. It was mostly par for the course as far as Marvel movies go.

ruthaford_jive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ruthaford_jive
Member since 2004 • 519 Posts

@jaydan: How is what he said racist? Incorrect sure, but... racist?

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Celsius765

@pimphand_gamer: yeah sorry I guess I forgot those. I am still grateful for Black Panther though. Looking back on these after googling though there still hasn't been anything like BP. Most black content is drama, comedy or based on historical struggles of the past. And we'll I'm sick of it. And hope there will be more black super hero movies, or fantasy or sci fi. (There was Blankman and Meteorman but those might be considered comedy. Where we're we going with this conversation?)

borninblood60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 borninblood60
Member since 2017 • 262 Posts

@Celsius765 said:

@pimphand_gamer: yeah sorry I guess I forgot those. I am still grateful for Black Panther though. Looking back on these after googling though there still hasn't been anything like BP. Most black content is drama, comedy or based on historical struggles of the past. And we'll I'm sick of it. And hope there will be more black super hero movies, or fantasy or sci fi. (There was Blankman and Meteorman but those might be considered comedy. Where we're we going with this conversation?)

Blade, Spawn or Warmachine. Spawn could use a remake methinks. Have no issue with BP but the media circus has been ridiculous.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11512 Posts

I saw Black Panther opening night and it was alright. I can't say it's a bad movie, but I'd be hard pressed to find anything exceptional about it. I definitely perked up every time the film focused on Erik though. He's definitely the highlight IMO. However, I really wish they made him less of a "bad guy". It's always more interesting when the villain is more relatable.

I may have gone in expecting too much though. I'm quite the fan of Ryan Coogler and this movie fell quite a bit short of what this director has produced in the past.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

After all the hype and it being the highest rated movie on rottentomatoes (or one of the highest) I was hoping for the best marvel movie to date, and while it wasn't bad it also wasn't anything above average sad to say. I wouldn't even put it in my top 5 marvel movies, hell it's not even the best black marvel superhero movie, that IMO is still held by Blade 1&2.

Nothing really stood out, the main villain Eric wasn't all that good and was easily outshined by Klaue (sp?), the visuals which should have been a highlight we're just so so, and the acting overall was good, but again nothing special. Overall I enjoyed the movie, but it was predictable and fell far below the hype being thrown at it.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#50  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

The setting of Black Panther is pretty new to Hollywood. The plot, not so much. It does not live up to the hype but that doesn't mean it's a bad film either. I still enjoyed it, along with its characters. If you can relate to the subtext somehow, this film will definitely have a special place in your catalog of films.

Some of the CGI also looked like a budget CGI you would see on TV.

The whole "we wuz kangz, ethno state now" is bullshit since the message of the film advocates for unity and civic nationalism. If you're an identitarian, this film is not for you.