Bill Cosby Is Victorious! Doing a Victory Tour of Town Halls

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

As we all know Bill Cosby defended himself against the rape allegations and won. The Coz prevailed despite, in my opinion, a truly evil attack on his good name.

Bill Cosby is now doing what others have feared to do but Cosby is not. He is going to teach how to avoid having false allegations ruin people's lives.

The man is a hero, a true man that fights adversity, wins, and then does not sit on his laurels. No, he continues to fight the good fight not just for himself but every person out there so they don't have to be dragged through the mud like he has.

It's things like this that give me hope for America.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/news/bill-cosby-will-teach-seminars-on-how-to-avoid-sexual-assault-charges/ar-BBD3YQl?li=BBoPJKU

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

How to avoid sexual assault charges.

Step 1: Don't sexually assault people.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Regardless of his sins, he was still a funny comic and The Cosby Show was entertaining. Ole Combustible Huxtible!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

"This issue can affect any young person, especially young athletes of today, and they need to know what they're facing when they're hanging out and partying, when they're doing certain things that they shouldn't be doing."

Shouldn't be doing? Like....drugs? Liiiiiiiiiike....rape?

Anyway, not going to speculate, the verdict is the verdict. Or rather the lack of verdict is the lack of verdict. So the man is not guilty, but he is not not guilty.

I liked Dave Chappelle's perspective on Cosby, though; he rapes, but he saves, and he saves more than he rapes. Cosby was a positive force for change.

Loading Video...

And, I have to be completely honest (and careful, gotta "Check my privilege", right?!?!); as a man, I must admit I sometimes get a little worried about what qualifies as assault and rape these days. What qualifies as harassment. Maybe Cosby doing this is not such a terrible thing. But why does it have to be Cosby lol.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

While he may have gotten a mistrial I'm very doubtful of his innocence.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts
@Archangel3371 said:

While he may have gotten a not guilty verdict I'm very doubtful of his innocence.

He didn't get a not guilty verdict. It was a mistrial.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

@toast_burner: Ooops. That's true, my bad.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@toast_burner said:
@Archangel3371 said:

While he may have gotten a not guilty verdict I'm very doubtful of his innocence.

He's innocent.

In the United States of America you are innocent until proven guilty.

He was not proven guilty.

He is innocent.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

It's good to see justice working for the rich guy for once!

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:
@toast_burner said:
@Archangel3371 said:

He's innocent.

He is innocent.

So was OJ.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56081 Posts

The guy is 79 years, leave the man alone and let him Rest in Piece (Not that kind of R.I.P) and he was still funny to me growing up in the 90's at my time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@Jaysonguy said:
@toast_burner said:
@Archangel3371 said:

He's innocent.

He is innocent.

What has that got to do with what I said?

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

Sounds about right.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts
Loading Video...

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

A sexual assault expert teaching people how to avoid sexual assault.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

Haha.....on point though.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Solaryellow

Whether the jurors or prosecution will ever admit, I believe the case against him was not helped by the woman (who looks like a man).

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@davillain- said:

The guy is 79 years, leave the man alone and let him Rest in Piece (Not that kind of R.I.P) and he was still funny to me growing up in the 90's at my time.

OK, first off let me start by saying that I don't really give two shits about Cosby or this case all that much. Actually, I kind of like Cosby, he's done a lot of good not just for TV but for people.

But. Big BUT!

Let's just say for a second that he did, in fact, do some of what happened. Let's just say he did ONE of what happened, and he did it maliciously; he knowingly drugged a woman and sexually assaulted her for his own enjoyment.

Would you still say we should leave him alone?

Now let's take two steps back; what if we had solid suspicions that he did that, we didn't know but we had evidence he did? Should we still let him rest in peace?

@Solaryellow said:

Whether the jurors or prosecution will ever admit, I believe the case against him was not helped by the woman (who looks like a man).

Yeah, the prosecution needs to teach a class called "How to lose a sexual assault case" and they leading lesson should be "find a chick no celebrity would ever touch as your alleged victim".

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Solaryellow

The Cosby family seems quite dysfunctional. He's admitted to doing quite the nefarious actions and his wife stayed with him.

xBlackErrthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xBlackErrthing
Member since 2017 • 97 Posts

Meh, he has done a lot of good. Plus his TV show is hilarious. Not saying the man is a 100% saint but damn, can I get some reruns on the cosby show on tv again please??

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Solaryellow

@xblackerrthing said:

Meh, he has done a lot of good. Plus his TV show is hilarious. Not saying the man is a 100% saint but damn, can I get some reruns on the cosby show on tv again please??

The first season is a Amazon Prime. I'm watching the pilot as we type.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

I'll admit that part of me doesn't want to believe that Cosby is guilty, but there was that video of him talking about drugging women. Guilty or not I feel like I have gone through many steps of the grieving process due to the loss of the image I have of him being a good guy that everybody loves, and in a way I'm still going through that process. When Bill inevitably passes on it's doubtful that I will go through that process again due to sort of already having done so.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Solaryellow

Whatever the case may be, does his alleged sins somehow change his work? Lets keep real life separate from the life portrayed on television. Do that and you will still watch his programs like I do and think nothing of it except when you laugh.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

Whatever the case may be, does his alleged sins somehow change his work? Lets keep real life separate from the life portrayed on television. Do that and you will still watch his programs like I do and think nothing of it except when you laugh.

Usually I can do exactly that if the sins aren't that egregious. Like if someone went to jail for smoking weed or if someone robbed a store or something I can look past stuff like that. Cosby on the otherhand likely dealt people real damage, both physical and emotional which makes looking at both him and his character the same way I used to incredibly difficult. Seeing Cosby's character as a serial rapist sucks, and I wish I could do the switch in my head, but I just can't. If you can that's fine, but for me the whole thing just sucks.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@Serraph105 said:
@Solaryellow said:

Usually I can do exactly that if the sins aren't that egregious. Like if someone went to jail for smoking weed or if someone robbed a store or something I can look past stuff like that. Cosby on the otherhand likely dealt people real damage, both physical and emotional which makes looking at both him and his character the same way I used to incredibly difficult. Seeing Cosby's character as a serial rapist sucks, and I wish I could do the switch in my head, but I just can't. If you can that's fine, but for me the whole thing just sucks.

you can look past someone that smoked some weed, how kind of you lmao

LEETDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LEETDude
Member since 2004 • 6967 Posts

Always thought the Cos was innocent. He's never going to get busted in court, so I think that pretty much settles it. If any of these women truly felt that Cosby was some dangerous rapist, ONE of these supposed dozens would have came forward and made the case when it could have actually been made.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#29 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@toast_burner said:
@Archangel3371 said:

You clearly are not in tune with the american legal system.

You are INNOCENT until proven guilty so since there was not a guilty verdict, it means he is innocent.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@Jacanuk: How is it possible that you're wrong in literally everything you post?

Not guilty does not mean innocent nor does not getting a not guilty verdict mean you're guilty.

The fact is he did not get a not guilty verdict. It ended with a mistrial.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@toast_burner said:
@Archangel3371 said:

You are INNOCENT until proven guilty so since there was not a guilty verdict, it means he is innocent.

Mistrials can be retried. As for innocence...yeah that's a nice saying meaning you haven't been convicted but court decisions are guilty or not guilty....which does not mean innocent in any case. Just means they didn't have the evidence to find the individual guilty. They don't say they were innocent.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Looking past the question of whether I feel Bill Cosby is guilty of the accusations, this should be a clear example why a person who is a victim of a sexual assault/rape should immediately report the crime and not wait years to come forward. Also these kind of situations have become horrid now (outside of the actual crime committed) due to what we have seen happen.. On one hand, simply being accused (not convicted) of rape can lead to the destruction of your life where you can never recover because it will always be hanging above your head.. On the flip side we have seen this affect being used against people who falsely claim rape to destroy another's life either due to a vendetta, attention etc etc..

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Solaryellow

@Serraph105 said:

Robbery is quite serious.

Think about all of the actors and actress you enjoy watching. All of them have sins of some sort that you do not know about and I bet you'd be shocked if they aired their dirty laundry. That's just human nature. Not defending Cliff but what he did in the 70's and such was rather common. Do not mistake that for justification. Look at Michael Jackson. He paid off one kid who alleged molestation and another afforded a case against him that he won. Something smells fishy but he was still a top notch artist and no one can deny him.

OmgProtoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By OmgProtoss
Member since 2005 • 2264 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@toast_burner said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Mistrials c an be retried. As for innocence...yeah that's a nice saying meaning you haven't been convicted but court decisions are guilty or not guilty....which does not mean innocent in any case. Just means they didn't have the evidence to find the individual guilty. They don't say they were innocent.

Sounds like he's still innocent until he's proving guilty. The part where he is retrialed and potentially proven guilty, is when he loses his innocence. Not a moment before that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@OmgProtoss said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@toast_burner said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Mistrials c an be retried. As for innocence...yeah that's a nice saying meaning you haven't been convicted but court decisions are guilty or not guilty....which does not mean innocent in any case. Just means they didn't have the evidence to find the individual guilty. They don't say they were innocent.

Sounds like he's still innocent until he's proving guilty. The part where he is retrialed and potentially proven guilty, is when he loses his innocence. Not a moment before that.

And what has that got to do with anything anyone has said?

He did not get a not guilty verdict. What part of that don't you understand? I swear you people are coming into this thread just to post this rubbish regardless if it makes any sense within the context or not.

OmgProtoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 OmgProtoss

@toast_burner said:
@OmgProtoss said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@toast_burner said:

He did not get a not guilty verdict. What part of that don't you understand? I swear you people are coming into this thread just to post this rubbish regardless if it makes any sense within the context or not.

If you aren't guilty, you are innocent. There is no "guilty"/"not guilty" limbo. Cosby isn't being held in a cell somewhere in "limbo". He is free to do what he pleases, because he's currently seen as innocent in the eyes of the law.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@OmgProtoss said:
@toast_burner said:
@OmgProtoss said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

If you aren't guilty, you are innocent. There is no "guilty"/"not guilty" limbo. Cosby isn't being held in a cell somewhere in "limbo". He is free to do what he pleases, because he's currently seen as innocent in the eyes of the law.

And what has that got to do with anything? Why don't you actually read what is being discussed rather than jumping in with your pre-planned rubbish?

OmgProtoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By OmgProtoss

@toast_burner said:
@OmgProtoss said:
@toast_burner said:
@OmgProtoss said:

And what has that got to do with anything?

You think everybody is guilty until handed a "not guilty" verdict.

Anyone who has lived in America for a day knows the law doesn't work that way lol.

You're taking a simple concept and complicating it because...?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@OmgProtoss said:
@toast_burner said:
@OmgProtoss said:
@toast_burner said:

Anyone who has lived in America for a day knows the law doesn't work that way lol.

Like I said, read what is being said before commenting. I said he wasn't given a non-guilty verdict. Which is a fact. Then some fools started saying "b-but innocent until proven guilty!"which I then pointed out is irrelevant since not having a not guilty verdict does not mean you're guilty. And then you come in and say the exact same fucking thing the other two people said. Do you honestly expect me to believe that you actually read the post you responded to? I refuse to believe that someone could read something so simple yet still not understand it.

You obviously came into this thread expecting people to be saying "Bill Cosby must hang!" and when you didn't see it you decided to post what you were going to say anyway.

Frankly you're a very sad little man.

steppy76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By steppy76
Member since 2017 • 12 Posts

@Jaysonguy: the slime ball already admitted to doing this in a civil matter. This verdict doesn't change that. Cheering him makes you a slime ball too.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts
@steppy76 said:

@Jaysonguy: the slime ball already admitted to doing this in a civil matter. This verdict doesn't change that. Cheering him makes you a slime ball too.

I'm not a fan of his opinion either but please refrain from personal insults.

-Byshop

OmgProtoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By OmgProtoss

@toast_burner said:
@OmgProtoss said:
@toast_burner said:
@OmgProtoss said:

Like I said, read what is being said before commenting. I said he wasn't given a non-guilty verdict. Which is a fact. Then some fools started saying "b-but innocent until proven guilty!"which I then pointed out is irrelevant since not having a not guilty verdict does not mean you're guilty. And then you come in and say the exact same fucking thing the other two people said. Do you honestly expect me to believe that you actually read the post you responded to? I refuse to believe that someone could read something so simple yet still not understand it.

You obviously came into this thread expecting people to be saying "Bill Cosby must hang!" and when you didn't see it you decided to post what you were going to say anyway.

Frankly you're a very sad little man.

You're getting very worked up merely arguing semantics. I'm just saying that your point of whether or not he received the technical verdict of "not guilty" is irrelevant. A mistrial is not a guilty verdict. That's the point that the user made. But for some reason you appear to be fixated on the semantics of what a user said instead of focusing on what he obviously meant.

Also, isn't there a rule against personal attacks on this board? Where are the mods?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@OmgProtoss: Read the discussion. That was not the point being made. Stop jumping in with your preplanned bullshit.

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

Pudding pops for everyone.