Bill Clinton meets up with Loretta Lynch on plane.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/01/politics/lynch-to-accept-guidance-from-fbi-on-clinton-email-probe/index.html

The corruption is getting out of control.

brn-dn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 brn-dn
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

Nothing corrupt going on there at all! They were just talking in private for half an hour with no security about, uh, grandchildren! Yeah, just their grandchildren haha!

#MAGA #Trump2016

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

The fact that she didn't have the awareness of knowing how this would be interpreted is astounding. Now she has abdicated discretion in case the prosecutor(s) decide to indict.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3850 Posts

The fix is in. It has always been in. Hilary will never be indicted. No lawyer in the Justice Department will want to indict her and risk losing the life they now know. The AG used a wash basin and a towel to not have to make a decision. If she were truly concerned about justice she would have appointed a special prosecutor. That will never happen because the outcome is then out of the administration control. Hilary fired a shot across Obama's bow last week when she said everyone knew she was using a private e-mail server to conduct government business. Translation you will be the first witness called in my trial to testify.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38662 Posts

yup, heard the conservative punditry getting their panties in a bunch about this this morning...

ffs, if you're going to have a secret meeting, we have things these days calls telephones... if you really think they were plotting to ensure HC isn't indicted, don't you think they would have not had the meeting basically out in the open?

reminds me of 911 conspiracy theory folks. they grant incredible sophistication to the conspirators while simultaneously assuming they've caught the conspirators making some basic mistakes. you can't have it both ways.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

yup, heard the conservative punditry getting their panties in a bunch about this this morning...

ffs, if you're going to have a secret meeting, we have things these days calls telephones... if you really think they were plotting to ensure HC isn't indicted, don't you think they would have not had the meeting basically out in the open?

reminds me of 911 conspiracy theory folks. they grant incredible sophistication to the conspirators while simultaneously assuming they've caught the conspirators making some basic mistakes. you can't have it both ways.

I'd like to point out that Clinton was stupid enough to use the private server in the first place so I definitely wouldn't put it past her to slip up when trying to fix the investigation.

brn-dn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 brn-dn

@comp_atkins said:

It wasn't even just conservatives. Democrats were mad too about how stupid it was.

Nothing secret about a phone call. They didn't have it out in the open, they were talking in private for half an hour without security or anyone else nearby.

Go ahead and turn a blind eye to blatant corruption though.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Master_Live

I basically agree with David Axelrod:

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

Really?

An 8 year old would have the foresight to realize this would be a bad look, regardless of what they talked about.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Stupid on Lynch's part, but nothing will come of it. Just another mole hill disguised as a mountain by the GOP.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 N64DD

@HoolaHoopMan said:

Stupid on Lynch's part, but nothing will come of it. Just another mole hill disguised as a mountain by the GOP.

Both sides are agreeing this is beyond corrupt. This isn't a GOP thing. She should step down.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HoolaHoopMan

@n64dd said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

Both sides are agreeing this is beyond corrupt. This isn't a GOP thing. She should step down.

Your feigned outrage is duly noted.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

@JimB: what if bill is under trumps payroll and is trying to get rid of Hilliary? Or if trump has dirt on Bill and is using him

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3850 Posts

@dave123321 said:

@JimB: what if bill is under trumps payroll and is trying to get rid of Hilliary? Or if trump has dirt on Bill and is using him

The Clintons are above the law.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Clintons have the money, the power, and connections to be above all of you plebs.

Plebs suffer from cognitive dissonance.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 judaspete  Online
Member since 2005 • 7201 Posts

@Toxic-Seahorse said:
@comp_atkins said:

I'd like to point out that Clinton was stupid enough to use the private server in the first place so I definitely wouldn't put it past her to slip up when trying to fix the investigation.

She's not the first to use a private server though. This is probably one of the reasons Jeb Bush kept quiet about the whole thing during his short-lived campaign. Lot of Bush family friends could easily be charged with anything they convict Hilary of.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts
@judaspete said:
@Toxic-Seahorse said:

She's not the first to use a private server though. This is probably one of the reasons Jeb Bush kept quiet about the whole thing during his short-lived campaign. Lot of Bush family friends could easily be charged with anything they convict Hilary of.

Both Clintons and Bushes in prison? Now your thinking cause everyone loves 2-for-1's! It's rather strange that so many folks on here would believe the Hilldog, she is impossible to trust.

Hillary for Prison 2016!

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dave123321

@JimB: what if it it's not about the legal law but the social elite law. A trial of the cronies

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dave123321

A threat of legal trouble is nothing compared to the threat of power loss

And trump seems like the best kind of chess player

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 comp_atkins

@topgunmv said:
@comp_atkins said:

Really?

An 8 year old would have the foresight to realize this would be a bad look, regardless of what they talked about.

exactly the point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985f1128b98f
deactivated-5985f1128b98f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5985f1128b98f
Member since 2007 • 1914 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

Comp,

I totally agree with your comment about the 911 Truthers. The evil geniuses that masterminded the 911 conspiracy couldn't manage to plant a few WMD in Iraq. Sure.

BUT, I believe this is different. The Clintons believe they are above the law us "commoners" must obey, and they know (because its true) that their willing lapdogs in the press will ultimately cover for them.

Given their past success at avoiding accountability, Bill can feel confident that he can make a brazen move like this, and it will all blow over. And we know for damn sure that Slappy Obammy won't do shit about it. In fact, let their opponents start complaining too loud, and Barry will eventually call them racist mysoginists, because the AG is a black woman.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 comp_atkins

@collegeboy64 said:
@comp_atkins said:

Comp,

I totally agree with your comment about the 911 Truthers. The evil geniuses that masterminded the 911 conspiracy couldn't manage to plant a few WMD in Iraq. Sure.

BUT, I believe this is different. The Clintons believe they are above the law us "commoners" must obey, and they know (because its true) that their willing lapdogs in the press will ultimately cover for them.

Given their past success at avoiding accountability, Bill can feel confident that he can make a brazen move like this, and it will all blow over. And we know for damn sure that Slappy Obammy won't do shit about it. In fact, let their opponents start complaining too loud, and Barry will eventually call them racist mysoginists, because the AG is a black woman.

while i certainly agree with the "above the law" attitude that you see constantly in people in power. i don't think they literally were discussing the AG doing something to make hc's problems disappear on that plane, for reasons previously stated

was it stupid on willy's behalf to go chat w/ lynch in the first place? you betcha. why purposefully give your enemies additional ammunition?

brn-dn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 brn-dn

@Master_Live said:

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman..." - Bill Clinton

Well, I guess his word is good, huh?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Master_Live

@brn-dn said:
@Master_Live said:

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman..." - Bill Clinton

Well, I guess his word is good, huh?

Well it depends on what the definition of the word is is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

lol Bill Clinton is a fool and possibly the most overrated politician in my lifetime. Managed to **** up his wife's chances of the presidency back in 2008 and hasn't been much better this time around. He's a total distraction yet the incompetence of the Clinton campaign not to rein him in time and time again might be even funnier than Slick Willie's little acts of impropriety. The fact he didn't realize this would look bad regardless of what they talked about just blows my mind.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#26 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

lol Bill Clinton is a fool and possibly the most overrated politician in my lifetime. Managed to **** up his wife's chances of the presidency back in 2008 and hasn't been much better this time around. He's a total distraction yet the incompetence of the Clinton campaign not to rein him in time and time again might be even funnier than Slick Willie's little acts of impropriety. The fact he didn't realize this would look bad regardless of what they talked about just blows my mind.

I've always disliked Bill Clinton. It baffles me that some people find him so charming. I think he's icky and I actually prefer Hillary in terms of the way she presents herself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@GreySeal9 said:

I've always disliked Bill Clinton. It baffles me that some people find him so charming. I think he's icky and I actually prefer Hillary in terms of the way she presents herself.

To say I'm not a fan of Slick Willie is an understatement but yeah, I totally get what you mean. I think a lot of it has to do with the nostalgia people have about the 90's and the economic successes of that era, despite it being a product of the times and not really having much to do with his policies. I much prefer Hillary as well, both as a statesman and individual.

Oh and Slick Willie played the saxophone that one time on Arsenio Hall.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GreySeal9

@Aljosa23 said:
@GreySeal9 said:

To say I'm not a fan of Slick Willie is an understatement but yeah, I totally get what you mean. I think a lot of it has to do with the nostalgia people have about the 90's and the economic successes of that era, despite it being a product of the times and not really having much to do with his policies. I much prefer Hillary as well, both as a statesman and individual.

lol

But I agree with everything you said, particularly the bit about nostalgia for the 90s. And then there are those people who always praise Bill Clinton as a way of taking shots at Obama.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 N64DD

@GreySeal9 said:
@Aljosa23 said:
@GreySeal9 said:

lol

But I agree with everything you said, particularly the bit about nostalgia for the 90s. And then there are those people who always praise Bill Clinton as a way of taking shots at Obama.

Bill >>>>>> bucket of turds >>>> Hillary.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14788 Posts

Nothing fishy about that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5985f1128b98f

@comp_atkins said:
@collegeboy64 said:
@comp_atkins said:

Comp,

while i certainly agree with the "above the law" attitude that you see constantly in people in power. i don't think they literally were discussing the AG doing something to make hc's problems disappear on that plane, for reasons previously stated

was it stupid on willy's behalf to go chat w/ lynch in the first place? you betcha. why purposefully give your enemies additional ammunition?

Willy is NOT stupid. To believe this was just an unplanned "hey, how are ya" stretches credulity to the breaking point.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

And everyone is willing to elect Hillary because "she's a woman!" without even considering her involvement in this scandal.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 comp_atkins

@collegeboy64 said:
@comp_atkins said:
@collegeboy64 said:
@comp_atkins said:

Comp,

Willy is NOT stupid. To believe this was just an unplanned "hey, how are ya" stretches credulity to the breaking point.

if you are establishing that he is not stupid, then it stretches credulity to the breaking point that he would walk onto he plane in broad daylight to plan a conspiracy.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

And everyone is willing to elect Hillary because "she's a woman!" without even considering her involvement in this scandal.

Everyone is willing to elect Hillary because she is running against Trump. That is the biggest reason for me anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5985f1128b98f

@comp_atkins said:
@collegeboy64 said:
@comp_atkins said:
@collegeboy64 said:
@comp_atkins said:

Comp,

if you are establishing that he is not stupid, then it stretches credulity to the breaking point that he would walk onto he plane in broad daylight to plan a conspiracy.

I would guess that you and I agree that Bill is NOT stupid.

Where I believe we disagree is whether or not Bill is brazen enough to think he can pull off a stunt like this. I believe he is, and he did this knowing full well it would look bad, but, at the end of the day, would not matter. His own experience over his political lifetime has taught him that, while there may be some embarrassment, there will be no real consequences for his blatant disregard for the law or propriety.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GreySeal9

@foxhound_fox said:

Like mark said, people are willingly to elect Hillary because Trump is a dumpster fire. Do you have any statistical evidence that everyone is willing to elect her because she's a woman? All the polling and political wisdom indicated that if Hillary was running against Marco Rubio, she'd be toast.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

Like mark said, people are willingly to elect Hillary because Trump is a dumpster fire. Do you have any statistical evidence that everyone is willing to elect her because she's a woman? All the polling and political wisdom indicated that if Hillary was running against Marco Rubio, she'd be toast.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Both of them aren't suited for leading the US. Drumpf is a dumpster fire, and Hillary is a corrupt, conniving individual who cares far more about her sponsors than the people of the US.

And early on, people were calling for Hillary to be the winner, before any of the other candidates were announced. Had the democratic nomination been chosen democratically, Bernie would have easily toppled her and put Drumpf in the hole he deserves to be in.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GreySeal9

@foxhound_fox said:
@GreySeal9 said:

Two wrongs don't make a right. Both of them aren't suited for leading the US. Drumpf is a dumpster fire, and Hillary is a corrupt, conniving individual who cares far more about her sponsors than the people of the US.

And early on, people were calling for Hillary to be the winner, before any of the other candidates were announced. Had the democratic nomination been chosen democratically, Bernie would have easily toppled her and put Drumpf in the hole he deserves to be in.

Yet they are the choices we have, and for all your comments about Hillary, she does not advocate reckless policies and she does not spit in the face of law and order by advocating violence.

The idea that Bernie got cheated out of the nomination is a myth peddled by his salty supporters. He lost because he couldn't make headway with minorities.

Trump is already in a hole. Hillary is beating him substantially in the polls and her ground game, fundraising, and organization is far superior. Last time you tried to peddle the notion that only Bernie could beat Trump, you failed, so why are you trying to do it again?

Also, where is that evidence that everybody wants to elect Hillary because she's a woman?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@foxhound_fox said:
@GreySeal9 said:

I'm no fan of Hillary Clinton but I think you're being a little unfair by saying she cares about her sponsors more than the people of the US. That woman has faced the slings and arrows of the Republican party for over 25+ years and she STILL wants to become President. By all accounts the Presidency is a terribly hard job with unparalleled scrutiny and pressure. She could easily retire somewhere far away and give speeches to Goldman Sachs until the end of her days but she chooses instead to campaign for the American people in hopes of becoming president. Any individual who is willing to put up with the kind of crap she gets, well IMO I think they're doing it for a higher purpose than just themselves.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GreySeal9

@Aljosa23 said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@GreySeal9 said:

I'm no fan of Hillary Clinton but I think you're being a little unfair by saying she cares about her sponsors more than the people of the US. That woman has faced the slings and arrows of the Republican party for over 25+ years and she STILL wants to become President. By all accounts the Presidency is a terribly hard job with unparalleled scrutiny and pressure. She could easily retire somewhere far away and give speeches to Goldman Sachs until the end of her days but she chooses instead to campaign for the American people in hopes of becoming president. Any individual who is willing to put up with the kind of crap she gets, well IMO I think they're doing it for a higher purpose than just themselves.

Not to mention that she DOES have a history of dedicating her time and energy to causes she believes will help people. The problem with her is that she operates under the idea that the ends justify the means, which is what gets her and her husband into trouble. They don't seem to register the idea that there's a better way to do things than being ruthless and deceptive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@GreySeal9 said:

Not to mention that she DOES have a history of dedicating her time and energy to causes she believes will help people. The problem with her is that she operates under the idea that the ends justify the means, which is what gets her and her husband into trouble. They don't seem to register the idea that there's a better way to do things than being ruthless and deceptive.

Yeah, Clinton has a really solid track record going back to her College days. Her work as a lawyer prior to becoming First Lady is mightily impressive. Even as a senator she was something like the 10th most liberal in terms of voting record which just flies in the face of people who claim she's secretly a Republican.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 comp_atkins

@collegeboy64 said:
@comp_atkins said:
@collegeboy64 said:
@comp_atkins said:
@collegeboy64 said:

Comp,

I would guess that you and I agree that Bill is NOT stupid.

Where I believe we disagree is whether or not Bill is brazen enough to think he can pull off a stunt like this. I believe he is, and he did this knowing full well it would look bad, but, at the end of the day, would not matter. His own experience over his political lifetime has taught him that, while there may be some embarrassment, there will be no real consequences for his blatant disregard for the law or propriety.

i do agree that in the end it will not matter. those who do not support hc will see further evidence of her corruption in this event, and those who do support hc will not

no new minds will be changed

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HoolaHoopMan

Well, no charges for Hillary from the FBI.