Bill Clinton meets up with Loretta Lynch on plane.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for n64dd
N64DD

13167

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/01/politics/lynch-to-accept-guidance-from-fbi-on-clinton-email-probe/index.html

The corruption is getting out of control.

Avatar image for brn-dn
brn-dn

1982

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#2 brn-dn
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

Nothing corrupt going on there at all! They were just talking in private for half an hour with no security about, uh, grandchildren! Yeah, just their grandchildren haha!

#MAGA #Trump2016

Avatar image for Master_Live
Master_Live

20474

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20474 Posts

The fact that she didn't have the awareness of knowing how this would be interpreted is astounding. Now she has abdicated discretion in case the prosecutor(s) decide to indict.

Avatar image for JimB
JimB

3089

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#4 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3089 Posts

The fix is in. It has always been in. Hilary will never be indicted. No lawyer in the Justice Department will want to indict her and risk losing the life they now know. The AG used a wash basin and a towel to not have to make a decision. If she were truly concerned about justice she would have appointed a special prosecutor. That will never happen because the outcome is then out of the administration control. Hilary fired a shot across Obama's bow last week when she said everyone knew she was using a private e-mail server to conduct government business. Translation you will be the first witness called in my trial to testify.

Avatar image for comp_atkins
comp_atkins

37254

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By comp_atkins  Online
Member since 2005 • 37254 Posts

yup, heard the conservative punditry getting their panties in a bunch about this this morning...

ffs, if you're going to have a secret meeting, we have things these days calls telephones... if you really think they were plotting to ensure HC isn't indicted, don't you think they would have not had the meeting basically out in the open?

reminds me of 911 conspiracy theory folks. they grant incredible sophistication to the conspirators while simultaneously assuming they've caught the conspirators making some basic mistakes. you can't have it both ways.

Avatar image for Toxic-Seahorse
Toxic-Seahorse

5074

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

yup, heard the conservative punditry getting their panties in a bunch about this this morning...

ffs, if you're going to have a secret meeting, we have things these days calls telephones... if you really think they were plotting to ensure HC isn't indicted, don't you think they would have not had the meeting basically out in the open?

reminds me of 911 conspiracy theory folks. they grant incredible sophistication to the conspirators while simultaneously assuming they've caught the conspirators making some basic mistakes. you can't have it both ways.

I'd like to point out that Clinton was stupid enough to use the private server in the first place so I definitely wouldn't put it past her to slip up when trying to fix the investigation.

Avatar image for brn-dn
brn-dn

1982

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#7 brn-dn
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

yup, heard the conservative punditry getting their panties in a bunch about this this morning...

ffs, if you're going to have a secret meeting, we have things these days calls telephones... if you really think they were plotting to ensure HC isn't indicted, don't you think they would have not had the meeting basically out in the open?

reminds me of 911 conspiracy theory folks. they grant incredible sophistication to the conspirators while simultaneously assuming they've caught the conspirators making some basic mistakes. you can't have it both ways.

It wasn't even just conservatives. Democrats were mad too about how stupid it was.

Nothing secret about a phone call. They didn't have it out in the open, they were talking in private for half an hour without security or anyone else nearby.

Go ahead and turn a blind eye to blatant corruption though.

Avatar image for Master_Live
Master_Live

20474

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20474 Posts

I basically agree with David Axelrod:

Avatar image for topgunmv
topgunmv

10844

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10844 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

yup, heard the conservative punditry getting their panties in a bunch about this this morning...

ffs, if you're going to have a secret meeting, we have things these days calls telephones... if you really think they were plotting to ensure HC isn't indicted, don't you think they would have not had the meeting basically out in the open?

reminds me of 911 conspiracy theory folks. they grant incredible sophistication to the conspirators while simultaneously assuming they've caught the conspirators making some basic mistakes. you can't have it both ways.

Really?

An 8 year old would have the foresight to realize this would be a bad look, regardless of what they talked about.

Avatar image for HoolaHoopMan
HoolaHoopMan

12475

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 12475 Posts

Stupid on Lynch's part, but nothing will come of it. Just another mole hill disguised as a mountain by the GOP.

Avatar image for n64dd
N64DD

13167

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan said:

Stupid on Lynch's part, but nothing will come of it. Just another mole hill disguised as a mountain by the GOP.

Both sides are agreeing this is beyond corrupt. This isn't a GOP thing. She should step down.

Avatar image for HoolaHoopMan
HoolaHoopMan

12475

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 12475 Posts

@n64dd said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

Stupid on Lynch's part, but nothing will come of it. Just another mole hill disguised as a mountain by the GOP.

Both sides are agreeing this is beyond corrupt. This isn't a GOP thing. She should step down.

Your feigned outrage is duly noted.

Avatar image for dave123321
dave123321

35522

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#13 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35522 Posts

@JimB: what if bill is under trumps payroll and is trying to get rid of Hilliary? Or if trump has dirt on Bill and is using him

Avatar image for JimB
JimB

3089

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#14 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3089 Posts

@dave123321 said:

@JimB: what if bill is under trumps payroll and is trying to get rid of Hilliary? Or if trump has dirt on Bill and is using him

The Clintons are above the law.

Avatar image for Gaming-Planet
Gaming-Planet

20781

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 20781 Posts

Clintons have the money, the power, and connections to be above all of you plebs.

Plebs suffer from cognitive dissonance.

Avatar image for judaspete
judaspete

4888

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#16 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 4888 Posts

@Toxic-Seahorse said:
@comp_atkins said:

yup, heard the conservative punditry getting their panties in a bunch about this this morning...

ffs, if you're going to have a secret meeting, we have things these days calls telephones... if you really think they were plotting to ensure HC isn't indicted, don't you think they would have not had the meeting basically out in the open?

reminds me of 911 conspiracy theory folks. they grant incredible sophistication to the conspirators while simultaneously assuming they've caught the conspirators making some basic mistakes. you can't have it both ways.

I'd like to point out that Clinton was stupid enough to use the private server in the first place so I definitely wouldn't put it past her to slip up when trying to fix the investigation.

She's not the first to use a private server though. This is probably one of the reasons Jeb Bush kept quiet about the whole thing during his short-lived campaign. Lot of Bush family friends could easily be charged with anything they convict Hilary of.

Avatar image for doozie78
Doozie78

1123

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts
@judaspete said:
@Toxic-Seahorse said:

I'd like to point out that Clinton was stupid enough to use the private server in the first place so I definitely wouldn't put it past her to slip up when trying to fix the investigation.

She's not the first to use a private server though. This is probably one of the reasons Jeb Bush kept quiet about the whole thing during his short-lived campaign. Lot of Bush family friends could easily be charged with anything they convict Hilary of.

Both Clintons and Bushes in prison? Now your thinking cause everyone loves 2-for-1's! It's rather strange that so many folks on here would believe the Hilldog, she is impossible to trust.

Hillary for Prison 2016!

Avatar image for dave123321
dave123321

35522

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35522 Posts

@JimB: what if it it's not about the legal law but the social elite law. A trial of the cronies

Avatar image for dave123321
dave123321

35522

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#19 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35522 Posts

A threat of legal trouble is nothing compared to the threat of power loss

And trump seems like the best kind of chess player

Avatar image for comp_atkins
comp_atkins

37254

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#20 comp_atkins  Online
Member since 2005 • 37254 Posts

@topgunmv said:
@comp_atkins said:

yup, heard the conservative punditry getting their panties in a bunch about this this morning...

ffs, if you're going to have a secret meeting, we have things these days calls telephones... if you really think they were plotting to ensure HC isn't indicted, don't you think they would have not had the meeting basically out in the open?

reminds me of 911 conspiracy theory folks. they grant incredible sophistication to the conspirators while simultaneously assuming they've caught the conspirators making some basic mistakes. you can't have it both ways.

Really?

An 8 year old would have the foresight to realize this would be a bad look, regardless of what they talked about.

exactly the point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985f1128b98f
deactivated-5985f1128b98f

1914

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#21 deactivated-5985f1128b98f
Member since 2007 • 1914 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

yup, heard the conservative punditry getting their panties in a bunch about this this morning...

ffs, if you're going to have a secret meeting, we have things these days calls telephones... if you really think they were plotting to ensure HC isn't indicted, don't you think they would have not had the meeting basically out in the open?

reminds me of 911 conspiracy theory folks. they grant incredible sophistication to the conspirators while simultaneously assuming they've caught the conspirators making some basic mistakes. you can't have it both ways.

Comp,

I totally agree with your comment about the 911 Truthers. The evil geniuses that masterminded the 911 conspiracy couldn't manage to plant a few WMD in Iraq. Sure.

BUT, I believe this is different. The Clintons believe they are above the law us "commoners" must obey, and they know (because its true) that their willing lapdogs in the press will ultimately cover for them.

Given their past success at avoiding accountability, Bill can feel confident that he can make a brazen move like this, and it will all blow over. And we know for damn sure that Slappy Obammy won't do shit about it. In fact, let their opponents start complaining too loud, and Barry will eventually call them racist mysoginists, because the AG is a black woman.

Avatar image for comp_atkins
comp_atkins

37254

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#22 comp_atkins  Online
Member since 2005 • 37254 Posts

@collegeboy64 said:
@comp_atkins said:

yup, heard the conservative punditry getting their panties in a bunch about this this morning...

ffs, if you're going to have a secret meeting, we have things these days calls telephones... if you really think they were plotting to ensure HC isn't indicted, don't you think they would have not had the meeting basically out in the open?

reminds me of 911 conspiracy theory folks. they grant incredible sophistication to the conspirators while simultaneously assuming they've caught the conspirators making some basic mistakes. you can't have it both ways.

Comp,

I totally agree with your comment about the 911 Truthers. The evil geniuses that masterminded the 911 conspiracy couldn't manage to plant a few WMD in Iraq. Sure.

BUT, I believe this is different. The Clintons believe they are above the law us "commoners" must obey, and they know (because its true) that their willing lapdogs in the press will ultimately cover for them.

Given their past success at avoiding accountability, Bill can feel confident that he can make a brazen move like this, and it will all blow over. And we know for damn sure that Slappy Obammy won't do shit about it. In fact, let their opponents start complaining too loud, and Barry will eventually call them racist mysoginists, because the AG is a black woman.

while i certainly agree with the "above the law" attitude that you see constantly in people in power. i don't think they literally were discussing the AG doing something to make hc's problems disappear on that plane, for reasons previously stated

was it stupid on willy's behalf to go chat w/ lynch in the first place? you betcha. why purposefully give your enemies additional ammunition?

Avatar image for brn-dn
brn-dn

1982

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#23 brn-dn
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

@Master_Live said:

I basically agree with David Axelrod:

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman..." - Bill Clinton

Well, I guess his word is good, huh?

Avatar image for Master_Live
Master_Live

20474

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20474 Posts

@brn-dn said:
@Master_Live said:

I basically agree with David Axelrod:

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman..." - Bill Clinton

Well, I guess his word is good, huh?

Well it depends on what the definition of the word is is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

30778

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#25 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

lol Bill Clinton is a fool and possibly the most overrated politician in my lifetime. Managed to **** up his wife's chances of the presidency back in 2008 and hasn't been much better this time around. He's a total distraction yet the incompetence of the Clinton campaign not to rein him in time and time again might be even funnier than Slick Willie's little acts of impropriety. The fact he didn't realize this would look bad regardless of what they talked about just blows my mind.

Avatar image for GreySeal9
GreySeal9

28247

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#26 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

lol Bill Clinton is a fool and possibly the most overrated politician in my lifetime. Managed to **** up his wife's chances of the presidency back in 2008 and hasn't been much better this time around. He's a total distraction yet the incompetence of the Clinton campaign not to rein him in time and time again might be even funnier than Slick Willie's little acts of impropriety. The fact he didn't realize this would look bad regardless of what they talked about just blows my mind.

I've always disliked Bill Clinton. It baffles me that some people find him so charming. I think he's icky and I actually prefer Hillary in terms of the way she presents herself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

30778

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#27  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

I've always disliked Bill Clinton. It baffles me that some people find him so charming. I think he's icky and I actually prefer Hillary in terms of the way she presents herself.

To say I'm not a fan of Slick Willie is an understatement but yeah, I totally get what you mean. I think a lot of it has to do with the nostalgia people have about the 90's and the economic successes of that era, despite it being a product of the times and not really having much to do with his policies. I much prefer Hillary as well, both as a statesman and individual.

Oh and Slick Willie played the saxophone that one time on Arsenio Hall.

Avatar image for GreySeal9
GreySeal9

28247

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#28 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:
@GreySeal9 said:

I've always disliked Bill Clinton. It baffles me that some people find him so charming. I think he's icky and I actually prefer Hillary in terms of the way she presents herself.

To say I'm not a fan of Slick Willie is an understatement but yeah, I totally get what you mean. I think a lot of it has to do with the nostalgia people have about the 90's and the economic successes of that era, despite it being a product of the times and not really having much to do with his policies. I much prefer Hillary as well, both as a statesman and individual.

Oh and Slick Willie played the saxophone that one time on Arsenio Hall.

lol

But I agree with everything you said, particularly the bit about nostalgia for the 90s. And then there are those people who always praise Bill Clinton as a way of taking shots at Obama.

Avatar image for n64dd
N64DD

13167

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#29 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:
@Aljosa23 said:
@GreySeal9 said:

I've always disliked Bill Clinton. It baffles me that some people find him so charming. I think he's icky and I actually prefer Hillary in terms of the way she presents herself.

To say I'm not a fan of Slick Willie is an understatement but yeah, I totally get what you mean. I think a lot of it has to do with the nostalgia people have about the 90's and the economic successes of that era, despite it being a product of the times and not really having much to do with his policies. I much prefer Hillary as well, both as a statesman and individual.

Oh and Slick Willie played the saxophone that one time on Arsenio Hall.

lol

But I agree with everything you said, particularly the bit about nostalgia for the 90s. And then there are those people who always praise Bill Clinton as a way of taking shots at Obama.

Bill >>>>>> bucket of turds >>>> Hillary.

Avatar image for SOedipus
SOedipus

13411

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#30 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 13411 Posts

Nothing fishy about that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985f1128b98f
deactivated-5985f1128b98f

1914

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#31 deactivated-5985f1128b98f
Member since 2007 • 1914 Posts

@comp_atkins said:
@collegeboy64 said:
@comp_atkins said:

yup, heard the conservative punditry getting their panties in a bunch about this this morning...

ffs, if you're going to have a secret meeting, we have things these days calls telephones... if you really think they were plotting to ensure HC isn't indicted, don't you think they would have not had the meeting basically out in the open?

reminds me of 911 conspiracy theory folks. they grant incredible sophistication to the conspirators while simultaneously assuming they've caught the conspirators making some basic mistakes. you can't have it both ways.

Comp,

I totally agree with your comment about the 911 Truthers. The evil geniuses that masterminded the 911 conspiracy couldn't manage to plant a few WMD in Iraq. Sure.

BUT, I believe this is different. The Clintons believe they are above the law us "commoners" must obey, and they know (because its true) that their willing lapdogs in the press will ultimately cover for them.

Given their past success at avoiding accountability, Bill can feel confident that he can make a brazen move like this, and it will all blow over. And we know for damn sure that Slappy Obammy won't do shit about it. In fact, let their opponents start complaining too loud, and Barry will eventually call them racist mysoginists, because the AG is a black woman.

while i certainly agree with the "above the law" attitude that you see constantly in people in power. i don't think they literally were discussing the AG doing something to make hc's problems disappear on that plane, for reasons previously stated

was it stupid on willy's behalf to go chat w/ lynch in the first place? you betcha. why purposefully give your enemies additional ammunition?

Willy is NOT stupid. To believe this was just an unplanned "hey, how are ya" stretches credulity to the breaking point.

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
foxhound_fox

98532

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#32 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

And everyone is willing to elect Hillary because "she's a woman!" without even considering her involvement in this scandal.

Avatar image for comp_atkins
comp_atkins

37254

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#33 comp_atkins  Online
Member since 2005 • 37254 Posts

@collegeboy64 said:
@comp_atkins said:
@collegeboy64 said:
@comp_atkins said:

yup, heard the conservative punditry getting their panties in a bunch about this this morning...

ffs, if you're going to have a secret meeting, we have things these days calls telephones... if you really think they were plotting to ensure HC isn't indicted, don't you think they would have not had the meeting basically out in the open?

reminds me of 911 conspiracy theory folks. they grant incredible sophistication to the conspirators while simultaneously assuming they've caught the conspirators making some basic mistakes. you can't have it both ways.

Comp,

I totally agree with your comment about the 911 Truthers. The evil geniuses that masterminded the 911 conspiracy couldn't manage to plant a few WMD in Iraq. Sure.

BUT, I believe this is different. The Clintons believe they are above the law us "commoners" must obey, and they know (because its true) that their willing lapdogs in the press will ultimately cover for them.

Given their past success at avoiding accountability, Bill can feel confident that he can make a brazen move like this, and it will all blow over. And we know for damn sure that Slappy Obammy won't do shit about it. In fact, let their opponents start complaining too loud, and Barry will eventually call them racist mysoginists, because the AG is a black woman.

while i certainly agree with the "above the law" attitude that you see constantly in people in power. i don't think they literally were discussing the AG doing something to make hc's problems disappear on that plane, for reasons previously stated

was it stupid on willy's behalf to go chat w/ lynch in the first place? you betcha. why purposefully give your enemies additional ammunition?

Willy is NOT stupid. To believe this was just an unplanned "hey, how are ya" stretches credulity to the breaking point.

if you are establishing that he is not stupid, then it stretches credulity to the breaking point that he would walk onto he plane in broad daylight to plan a conspiracy.

Avatar image for mark1974
mark1974

4261

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#34 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

And everyone is willing to elect Hillary because "she's a woman!" without even considering her involvement in this scandal.

Everyone is willing to elect Hillary because she is running against Trump. That is the biggest reason for me anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985f1128b98f
deactivated-5985f1128b98f

1914

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#35 deactivated-5985f1128b98f
Member since 2007 • 1914 Posts

@comp_atkins said:
@collegeboy64 said:
@comp_atkins said:
@collegeboy64 said:
@comp_atkins said:

yup, heard the conservative punditry getting their panties in a bunch about this this morning...

ffs, if you're going to have a secret meeting, we have things these days calls telephones... if you really think they were plotting to ensure HC isn't indicted, don't you think they would have not had the meeting basically out in the open?

reminds me of 911 conspiracy theory folks. they grant incredible sophistication to the conspirators while simultaneously assuming they've caught the conspirators making some basic mistakes. you can't have it both ways.

Comp,

I totally agree with your comment about the 911 Truthers. The evil geniuses that masterminded the 911 conspiracy couldn't manage to plant a few WMD in Iraq. Sure.

BUT, I believe this is different. The Clintons believe they are above the law us "commoners" must obey, and they know (because its true) that their willing lapdogs in the press will ultimately cover for them.

Given their past success at avoiding accountability, Bill can feel confident that he can make a brazen move like this, and it will all blow over. And we know for damn sure that Slappy Obammy won't do shit about it. In fact, let their opponents start complaining too loud, and Barry will eventually call them racist mysoginists, because the AG is a black woman.

while i certainly agree with the "above the law" attitude that you see constantly in people in power. i don't think they literally were discussing the AG doing something to make hc's problems disappear on that plane, for reasons previously stated

was it stupid on willy's behalf to go chat w/ lynch in the first place? you betcha. why purposefully give your enemies additional ammunition?

Willy is NOT stupid. To believe this was just an unplanned "hey, how are ya" stretches credulity to the breaking point.

if you are establishing that he is not stupid, then it stretches credulity to the breaking point that he would walk onto he plane in broad daylight to plan a conspiracy.

I would guess that you and I agree that Bill is NOT stupid.

Where I believe we disagree is whether or not Bill is brazen enough to think he can pull off a stunt like this. I believe he is, and he did this knowing full well it would look bad, but, at the end of the day, would not matter. His own experience over his political lifetime has taught him that, while there may be some embarrassment, there will be no real consequences for his blatant disregard for the law or propriety.

Avatar image for GreySeal9
GreySeal9

28247

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#36 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

And everyone is willing to elect Hillary because "she's a woman!" without even considering her involvement in this scandal.

Like mark said, people are willingly to elect Hillary because Trump is a dumpster fire. Do you have any statistical evidence that everyone is willing to elect her because she's a woman? All the polling and political wisdom indicated that if Hillary was running against Marco Rubio, she'd be toast.

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
foxhound_fox

98532

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#37 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

Like mark said, people are willingly to elect Hillary because Trump is a dumpster fire. Do you have any statistical evidence that everyone is willing to elect her because she's a woman? All the polling and political wisdom indicated that if Hillary was running against Marco Rubio, she'd be toast.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Both of them aren't suited for leading the US. Drumpf is a dumpster fire, and Hillary is a corrupt, conniving individual who cares far more about her sponsors than the people of the US.

And early on, people were calling for Hillary to be the winner, before any of the other candidates were announced. Had the democratic nomination been chosen democratically, Bernie would have easily toppled her and put Drumpf in the hole he deserves to be in.

Avatar image for GreySeal9
GreySeal9

28247

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#38  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:
@GreySeal9 said:

Like mark said, people are willingly to elect Hillary because Trump is a dumpster fire. Do you have any statistical evidence that everyone is willing to elect her because she's a woman? All the polling and political wisdom indicated that if Hillary was running against Marco Rubio, she'd be toast.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Both of them aren't suited for leading the US. Drumpf is a dumpster fire, and Hillary is a corrupt, conniving individual who cares far more about her sponsors than the people of the US.

And early on, people were calling for Hillary to be the winner, before any of the other candidates were announced. Had the democratic nomination been chosen democratically, Bernie would have easily toppled her and put Drumpf in the hole he deserves to be in.

Yet they are the choices we have, and for all your comments about Hillary, she does not advocate reckless policies and she does not spit in the face of law and order by advocating violence.

The idea that Bernie got cheated out of the nomination is a myth peddled by his salty supporters. He lost because he couldn't make headway with minorities.

Trump is already in a hole. Hillary is beating him substantially in the polls and her ground game, fundraising, and organization is far superior. Last time you tried to peddle the notion that only Bernie could beat Trump, you failed, so why are you trying to do it again?

Also, where is that evidence that everybody wants to elect Hillary because she's a woman?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

30778

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#39 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:
@GreySeal9 said:

Like mark said, people are willingly to elect Hillary because Trump is a dumpster fire. Do you have any statistical evidence that everyone is willing to elect her because she's a woman? All the polling and political wisdom indicated that if Hillary was running against Marco Rubio, she'd be toast.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Both of them aren't suited for leading the US. Drumpf is a dumpster fire, and Hillary is a corrupt, conniving individual who cares far more about her sponsors than the people of the US.

And early on, people were calling for Hillary to be the winner, before any of the other candidates were announced. Had the democratic nomination been chosen democratically, Bernie would have easily toppled her and put Drumpf in the hole he deserves to be in.

I'm no fan of Hillary Clinton but I think you're being a little unfair by saying she cares about her sponsors more than the people of the US. That woman has faced the slings and arrows of the Republican party for over 25+ years and she STILL wants to become President. By all accounts the Presidency is a terribly hard job with unparalleled scrutiny and pressure. She could easily retire somewhere far away and give speeches to Goldman Sachs until the end of her days but she chooses instead to campaign for the American people in hopes of becoming president. Any individual who is willing to put up with the kind of crap she gets, well IMO I think they're doing it for a higher purpose than just themselves.

Avatar image for GreySeal9
GreySeal9

28247

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#40  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@GreySeal9 said:

Like mark said, people are willingly to elect Hillary because Trump is a dumpster fire. Do you have any statistical evidence that everyone is willing to elect her because she's a woman? All the polling and political wisdom indicated that if Hillary was running against Marco Rubio, she'd be toast.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Both of them aren't suited for leading the US. Drumpf is a dumpster fire, and Hillary is a corrupt, conniving individual who cares far more about her sponsors than the people of the US.

And early on, people were calling for Hillary to be the winner, before any of the other candidates were announced. Had the democratic nomination been chosen democratically, Bernie would have easily toppled her and put Drumpf in the hole he deserves to be in.

I'm no fan of Hillary Clinton but I think you're being a little unfair by saying she cares about her sponsors more than the people of the US. That woman has faced the slings and arrows of the Republican party for over 25+ years and she STILL wants to become President. By all accounts the Presidency is a terribly hard job with unparalleled scrutiny and pressure. She could easily retire somewhere far away and give speeches to Goldman Sachs until the end of her days but she chooses instead to campaign for the American people in hopes of becoming president. Any individual who is willing to put up with the kind of crap she gets, well IMO I think they're doing it for a higher purpose than just themselves.

Not to mention that she DOES have a history of dedicating her time and energy to causes she believes will help people. The problem with her is that she operates under the idea that the ends justify the means, which is what gets her and her husband into trouble. They don't seem to register the idea that there's a better way to do things than being ruthless and deceptive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

30778

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#41 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

Not to mention that she DOES have a history of dedicating her time and energy to causes she believes will help people. The problem with her is that she operates under the idea that the ends justify the means, which is what gets her and her husband into trouble. They don't seem to register the idea that there's a better way to do things than being ruthless and deceptive.

Yeah, Clinton has a really solid track record going back to her College days. Her work as a lawyer prior to becoming First Lady is mightily impressive. Even as a senator she was something like the 10th most liberal in terms of voting record which just flies in the face of people who claim she's secretly a Republican.

Avatar image for comp_atkins
comp_atkins

37254

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#42 comp_atkins  Online
Member since 2005 • 37254 Posts

@collegeboy64 said:
@comp_atkins said:
@collegeboy64 said:
@comp_atkins said:
@collegeboy64 said:

Comp,

I totally agree with your comment about the 911 Truthers. The evil geniuses that masterminded the 911 conspiracy couldn't manage to plant a few WMD in Iraq. Sure.

BUT, I believe this is different. The Clintons believe they are above the law us "commoners" must obey, and they know (because its true) that their willing lapdogs in the press will ultimately cover for them.

Given their past success at avoiding accountability, Bill can feel confident that he can make a brazen move like this, and it will all blow over. And we know for damn sure that Slappy Obammy won't do shit about it. In fact, let their opponents start complaining too loud, and Barry will eventually call them racist mysoginists, because the AG is a black woman.

while i certainly agree with the "above the law" attitude that you see constantly in people in power. i don't think they literally were discussing the AG doing something to make hc's problems disappear on that plane, for reasons previously stated

was it stupid on willy's behalf to go chat w/ lynch in the first place? you betcha. why purposefully give your enemies additional ammunition?

Willy is NOT stupid. To believe this was just an unplanned "hey, how are ya" stretches credulity to the breaking point.

if you are establishing that he is not stupid, then it stretches credulity to the breaking point that he would walk onto he plane in broad daylight to plan a conspiracy.

I would guess that you and I agree that Bill is NOT stupid.

Where I believe we disagree is whether or not Bill is brazen enough to think he can pull off a stunt like this. I believe he is, and he did this knowing full well it would look bad, but, at the end of the day, would not matter. His own experience over his political lifetime has taught him that, while there may be some embarrassment, there will be no real consequences for his blatant disregard for the law or propriety.

i do agree that in the end it will not matter. those who do not support hc will see further evidence of her corruption in this event, and those who do support hc will not

no new minds will be changed

Avatar image for HoolaHoopMan
HoolaHoopMan

12475

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#43 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 12475 Posts

Well, no charges for Hillary from the FBI.