RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 101 Posts

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/toronto.citynews.ca/2020/03/20/eb-games-under-fire-as-new-game-gets-released-prompting-long-lines/amp/

The EB Games in Toronto, Canada taking some heat after staying open and allowing customers to purchase the game during this corona virus outbreak. I don’t blame the store owners, people want to stay entertained while quarantining themselves, and they just want to make some decent money when they can.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#2 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 13795 Posts

Questionable judgement to stay open to say the least.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 46039 Posts

Selfish pricks store owners should have closed.

Idiot customers should have stayed home.

Yet another plus for digital: don't need to expose yourself to disease. Or zombies, plague, bad weather, atomic fallout, etc. you never know what might come about.

@ratchetclank92 said:

... I don’t blame the store owners, people want to stay entertained while quarantining themselves, and they just want to make some decent money when they can....

I blame them 110%. This is pure greed, plain and simple. I don't know what else to call it when you're literally playing with people's lives to gain a few dollars. Capitalism, I guess?

And if people are out shopping and standing in line shoulder to shoulder, they're not really quarantining themselves, are they?

They could have set up a curb-side pickup option; print out your receipt online, pull up in your car, show your ID, and get your game that wait. Or maybe done an improvised delivery service; give the employees a bonus to deliver the game to people. Literally every restaurant in my area is doing that to a.) stay in business while b.) not spreading disease.

I'm not saying we need to close all businesses, even non-essential ones like video game stores, but they can find a workaround.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 5421 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Yet another plus for digital: don't need to expose yourself to disease. Or zombies, plague, bad weather, atomic fallout, etc. you never know what might come about.

The convenience/availability afforded buy going digital is second-to-none and unparalleled but that is about it all things considered.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 46039 Posts

@Solaryellow said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

The convenience/availability afforded buy going digital is second-to-none and unparalleled but that is about it all things considered.

Yeah but that is a massive "about all" benefit.

I would also like to add that good deals, sales, and a better selection are also benefits.